Guest guest36187

still no response so the auction was abandoned and everyone went home. We spoke to him again after the auction and he told us that 90% of properties that go up for auction receive no bids at all - that this example was very typical.

Gill

here is an article about recent auction clearance rates

http://news.domain.com.au/domain/real-estate-news/auction-clearance-rate-dips-20110326-1cap8.html

It is saying that they have dropped to 63%.

Peewit

Hi Everyone

We lodged our CPV applications in May 2010 and are hoping that a case officer will be allocated by July/August.

Does anyone who lodged applications early last year have acase officer allocated yet?

chrisaus

Get yourself on www.gainwave.co.uk and you'll get a good idea of the timescale.

We're may 2010 too so now expecting a CO by June/July rather than the Sept/Oct we were originally told it would most likely be.

Apparently, going to house auctions is a favourite pastime for many Aussies!

Gill

That says it all. :biggrin:

....and visiting poms too!

We didn't go to any auctions this year but attended several 'opens'. The agents were very helpful and we made it clear it would be some time before we are in a position to buy but just wanted to 'get a feel' of typical Aussie properties in our price range (and see for ourselves how acurate web pictures actually were).

That says it all. :biggrin:

....and visiting poms too!

We didn't go to any auctions this year but attended several 'opens'. The agents were very helpful and we made it clear it would be some time before we are in a position to buy but just wanted to 'get a feel' of typical Aussie properties in our price range (and see for ourselves how acurate web pictures actually were).

We have done that too, and spent way too much time visiting display homes. The only thing we have found disconcerting is the way that many houses are built so close to the neighbouring property fenceline. Or maybe that's just Torquay which is so popular that land is premium. Open inspections are a great way for getting ideas if you plan to build. We have found that the photos and descriptions are generally very accurate. G

We have done that too, and spent way too much time visiting display homes. The only thing we have found disconcerting is the way that many houses are built so close to the neighbouring property fenceline. Or maybe that's just Torquay which is so popular that land is premium. Open inspections are a great way for getting ideas if you plan to build. We have found that the photos and descriptions are generally very accurate. G

We live in a semi so not bothered by fencelines too much. I admite that the view from some side windows is less than desirable but they do vary quite a bit depending on the lie of the land too. At least now we have some idea of where we would like to live when the time arrives.

We live in a semi so not bothered by fencelines too much. I admite that the view from some side windows is less than desirable but they do vary quite a bit depending on the lie of the land too. At least now we have some idea of where we would like to live when the time arrives.

Same here, our preference is to build and we have got as far as having a house plan priced out by the builders that built our daughter's house, so we know the build quality - it will all be down to whether we can find a piece of land at the right price! Fingers crossed! G

Guest Cakey

We had our medicals today at Manchester, like Lindey with Dr Million. He really is a very nice man who jokes and really puts you at your ease. I was a bit worried before I went, always thinking they would (FIND SOMETHING)..........or is that just me? but everything was OK. Our final bill was £526, made up of £150 for two x- rays, and £376 for two medical examinations, which shows that even if you go to the same medical centre and even have the same doctor you don't necessarily pay the same amount.

Cheers Cakey

Hi

I have had a reply to the Parent Centre in Perth

Dear Sir/Madam

Many thanks for your enquiry. Yes, it is possible to switch from contributory parent subclass 143 to parent visa subclass 173. Complete new Forms 47PA and Form 40 and post them to the address below together with a new First Visa Instalment of AUD$1,735.00.

At this stage, you don't need to provide other documents, rather than Forms 47PA and 40. New documents will only be requested if the validity of the previously submitted documents has expired.

The time spent while on a 143 parent visa application, will not be considered when lodging a new parent visa application.

For further information, including the new fees (from 01 July 2010) for the Second Visa Application Charges, you may wish to visit our website: www.immi.gov.au

So it appears we would loose our place in the queue :shocked:

Phoebe

Guest Cakey

Hi Phoebe

that seems really unfair to charge you again and also to lose your place in the queue it's like being punished twice for changing your mind,

Cheers Cakey

Hi Phoebe

that seems really unfair to charge you again and also to lose your place in the queue it's like being punished twice for changing your mind,

Cheers Cakey

I had kind of 'bit the bullet' on having to pay the first VAC :swoon: twice but I really do think losing our place in the queue is a bit much given that parents who have changed from 103 to 173/143 havnt lost theirs (no personal sleight intended to anyone in that position :cute:) but it does really make me :realmad:

Phoebe

I can see some of us have rather lost control of our Quotes.

Get a grip fellow CPVers!

Phoebe, that's really not fair, or logical. But we are dealing with bureaucrats remember, so the rules don't have to make sense out here in the real world.

As for houses, they give me the impression of being rather cobbled together. Yes, they are now wedged onto plots which are becoming ever smaller. On the new estates, in so-called "detached" houses, the side windows are a couple of feet or so from the one next door. Probably their idea of a cavity wall. Under construction they look like big kiddie sheds, then it's all clad with a slick finish that makes you forget what's underneath; a rather flammable stick building. As for aesthetic design....

We're renting one that's 3 years old. As the temperature drops now, the interior of the house follows instantly - that's right - what's "double glazing" again? Noise from outside passes through the glass and the "walls" which are of course uninsulated.

The prices, although they've stabilised, and interest rates, make property here a seriously bad investment if you didn't buy one a few years ago, especially if you have to sell sterling. However we've been through this in the UK.

No plans to buy then, but although we're comfortable, the Australian rental market is not good for tenants with too many investors in it for a quick capital gain, not the long-term rental income. This means that every now and then you're at risk of having the general public wandering through your house when it goes on the market, followed by a forced relocation when it's sold.

Is that the time? I can ramble on eh?

Best wishes all.

Steve

Is that the time? I can ramble on eh?

Best wishes all.

Steve

Ah but on here one is allowed to ramble, and a long may it continue :jiggy:

I can see some of us have rather lost control of our Quotes.

Phoebe, that's really not fair, or logical. But we are dealing with bureaucrats remember, so the rules don't have to make sense out here in the real world.

Steve

I know that's what is so frustrating :arghh: but if it has to go that wayand I'm going to lose my place in the Queue (and not 100% on it yet) I would rather go with your earlier 'radical' idea and start over.......at least I would save on having to pay the upgrade $235 :wacko:

Phoebe

I know that's what is so frustrating :arghh: but if it has to go that wayand I'm going to lose my place in the Queue (and not 100% on it yet) I would rather go with your earlier 'radical' idea and start over.......at least I would save on having to pay the upgrade $235 :wacko:

Phoebe

Phoebe: When we made a similar inquiry a few months ago – albeit about switching from 173 to 143 – the reply about place in the queue was much more non-commital. It might be worth asking specifically about that (by email), and say diff people had had diff answers and could they pls confirm what the policy is.

Good luck, Mike

Phoebe: When we made a similar inquiry a few months ago – albeit about switching from 173 to 143 – the reply about place in the queue was much more non-commital. It might be worth asking specifically about that (by email), and say diff people had had diff answers and could they pls confirm what the policy is.

Good luck, Mike

Thanks Mike I'll do that, why can no-one just give you a straight answer :arghh: are they all bl**dy politicians :swoon:

Phoebe

I have sent this email, let see what comes back :daydreaming:

Dear Sir/Madam

Sorry to trouble you again but, I am a member of a forum of parents who support each other through this process. When I informed them of your reply specifically 'the time spent while on a 143 parent visa application, will not be considered when lodging a new parent visa application'

I have had replies on the forum telling me that other parents have had conflicting replies when asking questions regarding changing from 103 to 173/143, and 173/143.

Can someone please confirm the correct status.

I would not be lodging a New application merely Changing from the 143 to 173.

Thankyou in advance for your time

Regards

Phoebe J Wilson

Eeeeeeeeeeeek

I know its the 1st April but our agent has just emailed us to say we have a Case Officer - time to arrange AOS, medicals, police checks ..........

Well done jtct, :biggrin: another CO in under the year, they must be running well under the quota for this year or they expect the pound to fall even further. :swoon:

If they gave you 28 days you are running into 2 lots of Bank Holidays in the UK to slow things up but if that happens do not be afraid to ask for extra time (like we did) even if you don't use it.

Eeeeeeeeeeeek

I know its the 1st April but our agent has just emailed us to say we have a Case Officer - time to arrange AOS, medicals, police checks ..........

Many congratulations-nearly there now!

Fiz