Guest guest36187

Phoebe, if you need to ring a landline number in Oz from a landline number in the UK dial 0844 200 4040 then the Oz number and the call will be at 00.5p (1/2p) per minute.

If you need to phone a mobile in Oz dial 0844 428 9898 and then the Oz number and the call will cost 4p per minute.

These codes do sometime change but they are what I am currently using. I use this site to check for cheaper rates and also for different countries. :wubclub:

International CallChecker: finds the cheapest way to call any country

Thanks for that :wink: it's cheaper than the one I'm useing ATM and deffinatly going to need it very soon with impending 3rd Grand baby on it's way :yes:

Just as a footnote I think I was a bit hasty, just realised I actually emailed Oz rather than London where I usually email :swoon: so I might get a reply yet.

Watch this space :biggrin:

Phoebe

Hello Phoebe.

I usually type the issue I want to know more about, and then Show Posts rather than Show Thread.

Best regards.

:idea:

Just to add to the above advice which is 100% correct, if you are more used to goggle then go to that and for example type;

pomsinoz uk tax

and you get posts and threads by the page full. :wink: hence my 'can of worms warning'

If you are really sad you can goggle pomsinoz les avalook etc :shocked:

:idea:

Just to add to the above advice which is 100% correct, if you are more used to goggle then go to that and for example type;

pomsinoz uk tax

and you get posts and threads by the page full. :wink: hence my 'can of worms warning'

If you are really sad you can goggle pomsinoz les avalook etc :shocked:

You been on the wine early :biglaugh:

Dunno if goggle's would work but I do like Google :wacko:

Phoebe

Morning all

On the subject of vacuum cleaners - I have a very old Dyson and a 1 year old one - hubby has now decided he wants to take the old one for using in the garage - any tips on how to clean them? The old cleaner drum is removable and can be washed but how has anyone dealt with the tubes and pipes? The new one is more complicated because it opens at the bottom and the top part is the cyclone thingys and I don't think I can wash it out. Any advice would be really appreciated.

Best wishes to everyone.

Gill

Found this while searching for a similar answer but couldn't see a reply. Our oldish Dyson is being services today and is still working well - how much cleaning would it require to bring up to standard and how would you go about cleaning tubes?

Found this while searching for a similar answer but couldn't see a reply. Our oldish Dyson is being services today and is still working well - how much cleaning would it require to bring up to standard and how would you go about cleaning tubes?

If you are doing one Dysons £70ish service and refurb then can I suggest you find you have a split hose :wink: and then they replace as part of the one price deal.

I never suggested that officer. :policeman:

May be worth getting a spare belt to take with you.

Guest Sheza1963

I have been I oz for 17 years my parents are 73 & 72 they are applying for a cpv offshore after the visa is given to them how long do they have before they come to oz?

Also my only sister also wants to migrate to oz does anyone know if she can come on a remaining relative visa as she has no qualifications that are recognized here if she can come on a rrv how long does it take approximate? Thanks for any info

I have been I oz for 17 years my parents are 73 & 72 they are applying for a cpv offshore after the visa is given to them how long do they have before they come to oz?

Also my only sister also wants to migrate to oz does anyone know if she can come on a remaining relative visa as she has no qualifications that are recognized here if she can come on a rrv how long does it take approximate? Thanks for any info

Hi

You need to look at this website Department of Immigration & Citizenship which will tell you about the visa's you can go for including your sister (remaining relative).

The timescale has come down recently it's around 12 months to be assigned a Case officer :biggrin:

Hope that helps a little, I'm sure members who have been here a lot longer than me will advise you if they can Goof Luck with it :wink:

Phoebe

If you are doing one Dysons £70ish service and refurb then can I suggest you find you have a split hose :wink: and then they replace as part of the one price deal.

May be worth getting a spare belt to take with you.

Had a special (cheaper) service done and hose was in good nick but replaced filters and belt. The drum has been washed out and all the parts that could be washed have been done. Its not going to be used now and I'll have to use the old Electrolux instead! Hope it passes the test!

Hi Steve

:smile: At last the count down can start.

I have just been told we have had acknowledgement for our CPV 173 visa dated 2011-03-10 i think i have changed it on the tracker but if you could just check i would be grateful.

Well done to everyone getting CO's and Visa's i am just pleased to have acknowledgement.

Sue

Looks good Sue, very pleased you've got that at last.

Cheers

Steve

Wow, I've just caught up with a lot of posts, like others the email reminders stopped coming through.

It's good to catch up finally - I should really just check in daily.

Cheers

Steve

Yes – us, too (see above). I thought to myself, PiO has been a bit quiet lately; I wonder why nobody's posting?!

Mike

Guest mombie58@hotmail.com
How odd :goofy: mine's been fine :wink:

Phoebe

I believe that you only get prompts that there are messages on the forum if you actually post on the forum, ie after this post I will get a message but until I post again I will not hear more .................

I,too, popped into another site this week and was horrified by the meanness there - what is their problem and Matt how goes the new job?, and Phoebe I am still amazed!!!

audie

I believe that you only get prompts that there are messages on the forum if you actually post on the forum, ie after this post I will get a message but until I post again I will not hear more .................

I,too, popped into another site this week and was horrified by the meanness there - what is their problem and Matt how goes the new job?, and Phoebe I am still amazed!!!

audie

that seems about right.

cheers.

mike

audie

Hi Audie

I popped in also and found just the same. I think the fire has gone out on the lifestyle site as well, have they have all gone home?. Such a shame.

By the way How are you doing?

regards

Hi Audie

I popped in also and found just the same. I think the fire has gone out on the lifestyle site as well, have they have all gone home?. Such a shame.

By the way How are you doing?

regards

I've moved them from my favourites bar to ordinary bookmarks for occasional use. So nice to be back here among old friends

This is the place to be - long may it continue! Bye the way, how are you doing Audie any progress yet?

Hi

As Phoebe said the waiting time for a case officer has recently reduced to about 12 months. Once your parent shave their visa, they need to validate it, which they can do on a visit, usually within 12 months of the date of the police checks or medicals, whichever is soonest. After that they are free to come and go for five years as they wish, but it is advisable to move over to Oz permanently within three years to avoid complications with obtaining a Resident Return Visa after the five years.

With regard to your sister, she would probably be eligible for a remaining relative visa once your parents had move to Oz permanently, provided she has no de facto partner who has relatives still in the UK. Having said that however, I understand that DIAC has recently drastically reduced the quota for this visa category and people are being told they will need to wait around 3 years for the visa to be granted unfortunatley.

We have an appointment for our medicals on Tuesday and as we are getting close to the 28 day deadline I am just wondering how long it takes after the medical before they send off the results. Do they do all the tests (HIV etc) on site?

We have an appointment for our medicals on Tuesday and as we are getting close to the 28 day deadline I am just wondering how long it takes after the medical before they send off the results. Do they do all the tests (HIV etc) on site?

Can depend where you have done, but if they not told you anything different, I would imagine they doing them all in one place, we had ours done in Brentwood. They courier the results to Sydney, they then inform your CO, but as others have said, keep your CO informed of when you having them done and they usually ok, they just want your MONEY!!!!