Guest guest36187

We paid the 2nd vac last Wednesday. Told immi we were going to Auckland today heard nothing. Arrived in Auckland to get a visa grant e-mail when we arrived. All mail came from a team, have never seen the name of a case officer. Hey ho

I am feeling the pain of uncertainty for those behind us in June. Immi knew this and common sense should have prevailed in setting this out in the immi update months ago. My angst is that around mid May 2014 a vague directive was made at the highest level that there would be some review/change to parent visa with no reference to timescale or exact nature with the abrupt announcement at end of May to close non contributory. How could this have instigated a months stalling until 6 May 2014 when there had been no indication of what was coming and then an apparent spike continued thereafter. So why this painful crawl of only 1/2 a week every week since then. I can cope with pace if I had reason for it but lack of transparency as to what the position is shameful. With only a month to go until the end of this years allocation it needs only the simplest of calculations to ascertain where the likely cut of point is. I see Roy being granted after only 2 weeks - congrats - meaning they are well underway in completing week of 12 May. It appears everyone behind him is now cleared through so exactly who are they going to give visas to in June?

Come on Immi I know for a fact you read this forum - what's wrong with you setting out how the land lies. - we are not idiots we can handle ball park figures which is better than nothing. If you want current and future parent applicants to work with you and show support as to what is likely a difficult job this is for you. However, at the moment your lack of 'sharing' throws doubt as to your genuine agenda here and leaves you open to be accused of lacking in pace and quality.

Hi, I emailed our agent asking if they had access to any list of how many applicants there were each year and about the current situation - they don't, this is reply.

"You are correct the DIBP have just issued a notification that places for Parent Visas are filled for the year ended June 2016 and that allocation for final processing

for contributory Parent Visas are currently for Offshore subclass 173 or 143 - 16 May 2014 applications received"

Is it possible to convert from 143 to 864 mid application or do I have to start all over again with application, deposits etc.Just thinking of going over there and speeding things up by changing from one to the other and so of course will then be onshore.

We changed from a 143 application to an 864 application to take advantage of the shorter processing time but you need to submit a new application and pay the 1st VAC again

We changed from a 143 application to an 864 application to take advantage of the shorter processing time but you need to submit a new application and pay the 1st VAC again

I Just wish there was a quicker way for those of us who are slightly younger - I'm thinking I might be quite happy to pay 1st Vac again if I could get my visa within a decent time scale :unsure:

Although I do understand what you're saying Alan, I do wonder how many people on this thread are actually entitled to apply for either of these two visa classes, as they have the added stipulation that you must be over the pension age to apply. A lot of the people on here, me included, are still of working age and can't get 864/ 884 visas.

Hi Val.

A fair number of the people I speak to are sufficiently senior as to be eligible to apply for the onshore 864.

But I absolutely agree not all are "aged" (as defined).

Best regards.

Thanks @juliew1499. What a roller coaster of a day. To see moved to 21 and my hubbie fired off email asking will we be picked up this week. Just had devastating response saying 'extremely unlikely we will get a place in this years allocation' so no grant until after 1 July even if we got case officer today. Sorry guys behind me to be bearer of bad news. I guess they will keep processing but just not progress to grant.

Guest geordie joe
Thanks @juliew1499. What a roller coaster of a day. To see moved to 21 and my hubbie fired off email asking will we be picked up this week. Just had devastating response saying 'extremely unlikely we will get a place in this years allocation' so no grant until after 1 July even if we got case officer today. Sorry guys behind me to be bearer of bad news. I guess they will keep processing but just not progress to grant.

As you say Kim a roller coaster day, sorry you didn't get the news you wanted to hear, will this mean another trip to New Zealand ?

Joe

@Geordiejoe - We have until end of July on this 3 month visitor visa so let's hope next trip is for grant. Gut wrenching is fact my husband got offered job of a lifetime a few months ago and he took it thinking nearly there. They are starting to hint at ditching him as they can't wait any longer. As thought he had job hasn't persued anything else so will be well out of pocket if has to start again looking for a job.

Guest geordie joe
@Geordiejoe - We have until end of July on this 3 month visitor visa so let's hope next trip is for grant. Gut wrenching is fact my husband got offered job of a lifetime a few months ago and he took it thinking nearly there. They are starting to hint at ditching him as they can't wait any longer. As thought he had job hasn't persued anything else so will be well out of pocket if has to start again looking for a job.

all very frustrating Kim, I guess the one thing you can be certain you will be one of the first grants in the new financial year, hopefully your husband's prospective employer will hold on until then.

Not great news on the allocation beng used for this year but upwards and onwards just giving Greens removals a mention as they have been packing us over the last couple of days! Great crew, and looks like they are doing a top job for us! Picture is a couple of them hard at work today! image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi everyone, quick question if you don't mind. Once medicals are done, how do we check the results please? I think there is an "A" or "B" option (we should both be "A") but I can't find out where/how to check the results have been uploaded. My application does not show on my immiaccount, nor does it recognise it - I did panic but then read that the immi account is only for online applications and the parent visa is not one of those - so I hope I can stay calm about that bit. Can anyone advise as to where to find the medical bit please? Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Cheers,

Amanda

Hi everyone, quick question if you don't mind. Once medicals are done, how do we check the results please? I think there is an "A" or "B" option (we should both be "A") but I can't find out where/how to check the results have been uploaded. My application does not show on my immiaccount, nor does it recognise it - I did panic but then read that the immi account is only for online applications and the parent visa is not one of those - so I hope I can stay calm about that bit. Can anyone advise as to where to find the medical bit please? Hope you're all having a great weekend!

Cheers,

Amanda

Hi Amanad we just contacted the centre where we had our medicals completed and they sent us the full results.

Hi Amanad we just contacted the centre where we had our medicals completed and they sent us the full results.

Thanks Alan, I think we are okay then as they said if we don't hear anything all will be well. I might email the clinic anyway. One step closer at least and we had a nice trip to London for it. Can't wait for the next flight we have to take now, to Sydney :-) I'm sure time can't go fast enough for you now with your leaving date so close, how lucky!!

Amanda

Thanks Alan, I think we are okay then as they said if we don't hear anything all will be well. I might email the clinic anyway. One step closer at least and we had a nice trip to London for it. Can't wait for the next flight we have to take now, to Sydney :-) I'm sure time can't go fast enough for you now with your leaving date so close, how lucky!!

Amanda

We were told all is ok if we heard nothing, but still wanted to see results, and a massive pressure taken away once we saw them! Enjoy Sydney when you get there. As you say our flights out are ever closer, which brings a smile to our faces, pity without 143 though, but all good things etc etc ?

Hi Guys ,

I am new member over here .Just need some information .I applied for CPV in oct-2015 and got acknowledgement with in couple of days .I know wait time is nearly 2 years. My question is what will be the next step

1. should i go for medical of my parents or should i wait for case officer

2.once the case officer is allocated will he asking AOS straight away

3. if the file clear then we have to give Main instalment

4. Generally how long its taking to get case officer

Hi and welcome, At the moment it is taking around two years to get a case officer but as we don't know how many people apply each year it is difficult to predict. You will then be issued with a Number to enable you to have medicals, it is only after Immi receive the results of the medical, police checks and check your documents that you will be asked for AOS - I haven't got to that stage so hope I am right in this, others will correct me if wrong.

Edited by nyorksgrannie
reply To Rajk