Guest guest36187

Hi All

just read today's test email, it's says owing to the unprecedented numbers of applications in May and June 2014 the processing time is expected to EXCEED 24 months!

OMG

Julie

I refer to my previous post about what are the consequences of going over 24 months!

Hi

we got a response to our email this week - my husband has gone with the 'in your face strategy' and plans to email weekly until case officer. Friends of mine here who work in govt departments were of the opinion that breaking 'service standards' is a big thing and carries consequences for individuals and departments. At present service agreement has max of 2 years and it appears to date immi has tried to avoid straying out of this. Our response today came from a manager. She was very nice and did admit the department is now going to breach service standards and processing is now in excess of 2 years. She wouldn't commit to any timescales. Sorry to be bearer of bad news. Worrying she kindly added an AOS letter for us despite fact we are 173 and don't need it and as a manager really should have know that!! Kim

Nothing is going to rain on our parade now, Less than 3 weeks till we arrive, and if it takes another 1-3 months so be it, I guess if they have unprecedented numbers, then they can only do what the can only do, as disappointing is for us all.

Like many, when we started the process, it was anticipated 18-24 months, and I guess this is why we are feeling it now, as its looking 24 months plus. We thought we might have had this concluded by January this year.

Come Xmas, many will sit back and not care that it took so long, even if right now, like us, we are chomping at the bit, because we cant do any forward planning for jobs etc etc.

Hi all, so my news today - I received the medical letter, yay!!! Third time lucky :-) I was advised "Please note that we are currently assessing applications lodged on 14 May 2014 and we had a very large amount of applications lodged in May and June 2014, so I cannot give you a precise timeframe for when your application commences assessment." So, June 2014'ers and any earlier still waiting, it should be fine to ask for your HAP ID now (go for it Julie). I did respond to their e-mail and asked about the AOS matter, if it's worth asking in a few weeks and was told "We don't encourage early lodgement of the AoS as it is a lot of money to be deposited when the application has not been assessed. By all means make your request at the end of June, as we will have a clearer picture of processing times then." End of June is 2 years and 2 weeks!

Good luck to all who will be asking about the medicals at least. Now, to try to book it all.

Have a great Friday :-)

Amanda

Hi Amanda

great news on the medicals. I think once you have completed those and they have been uploaded to IMMI then you could probably ask for the AOS letter. Bearing in mind your news I wil only as for HAP I'd numbers. Will let you know.

Julie

Hi Amanda

great news on the medicals. I think once you have completed those and they have been uploaded to IMMI then you could probably ask for the AOS letter. Bearing in mind your news I wil only as for HAP I'd numbers. Will let you know.

Julie

Great Julie, you should have no problem next week. And as Alan says, at least while we have been waiting, the dollar rate has been improving! :-)

Amanda

Guest geordie joe
I forgot to add, whilst waiting the pond v dollar has moved closer to 2-1 again

Latest Exchange Rates: 1 British Pound Sterling = 1.97733 Australian Dollar

Be nice to see it break the $2 mark before the brexit referendum.

Hi Amanda

just had a reply back, they said NO! Not sending out requests for meds, police reports or AOS until case comes up for assessment.

Will have to try again another time, it seems to depend on who replies to your request!!!! Ugh

Julie

Oh no Julie, I'm really surprised, sorry to hear that :-( I sent my request in response to their e-mail a couple of weeks ago saying I was welcome to ask again mid-May so I guess they felt they had to? You're only 5 days behind me, so I really thought you'd get it too. Perhaps try again soon as you say - the worst they can do is say no again - although I would hope not. Hard to know what's going on when some can and some can't get the info. Hang on in there........

All the best

Amanda

Hi Joe

Being as you are already out in Oz and awaiting your visa..... Can you tell me, is there anything that would stop us being able to buy a car if we came out before visa grant

Hi hope you don't mind me jumping in and answering - no there's nothing stopping you at all unless you wanted to use finance in oz then that not likely to get without PR. Kim

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

Being as you are already out in Oz and awaiting your visa..... Can you tell me, is there anything that would stop us being able to buy a car if we came out before visa grant

Hi Julie,

As Kim says nothing stopping you from buying a car if you have the funds, best thing we did. Have a look on carsales.com.au it will give you an idea of what's available and prices.

Joe

Morning all,

Last week we were having a coffee with Linda (Linda1962) and Clive regular posters on the forum, who told us we need to apply for our Medicare cards. Just thought I would share my recent experience when we went to Centrelink to apply for these. We downloaded the application form and completed this prior to going (something I would recommend) After waiting in line for 30 mins to explain why we were there we only had a short wait of 15 mins before being called. The lady went through the form no issues there, however when she looked at our passport it didn't have a stamp when we arrived in the country as Perth airport is now all electronic. At this point she asked did we bring our boarding cards and seemed a little perplexed when I said these were long gone. So unfortunately she said she couldn't provide us with Medicare cards as we couldn't prove we had arrived in Australia, at this point I was quite proud of myself that I didn't come back with the obvious sarcastic answer about siting in front of her being proof. Instead I mentioned I still had the flight confirmation email from Emirates which she said she would use in this instance and completed the rest of the paperwork.

Now I'm not sure if we just had a jobs worth although she was a very nice lady, but it may be worth keeping and taking boarding cards/proof of flight if your passport does not have an entry stamp in it when you apply for your cards.

Joe

(a very sad Geordie who woke this morning to discover we will be playing the likes of Burton Albion in the championship next season, so come on Immi and cheer me up with a surge in the assessment dates)

Hi Joe

you must have had a jobs worth. We got our temporary card with no problems and then when we had our pr we had to show our visa confirmation.Thats one of the problems here every time you go to do something you get a different answer depending who you see. Very frustrating.

Linda

Hi Julie,

As Kim says nothing stopping you from buying a car if you have the funds, best thing we did. Have a look on carsales.com.au it will give you an idea of what's available and prices.

Joe

Hi Joe

sounds good, we had a look several dealers last time we were in Oz, going to get a new car or demonstrator, treating ourselves! Just weighing up the pros and cons of waiting it out homeless in the Uk or going to Oz.

julie

Hi Joe

sounds good, we had a look several dealers last time we were in Oz, going to get a new car or demonstrator, treating ourselves! Just weighing up the pros and cons of waiting it out homeless in the Uk or going to Oz.

julie

Hi Julie, we sold up last August, and fortunately for us one of Karen's work colleagues has a flat on Ipswich marina, where we have been staying since we sold. However we reached the end of our tether once January and February slipped by, as this is when we originally thought we would get our visa's. Alas, here we are still waiting, and why we fly out on 1st June, as we decided better waiting in Oz, than Ipswich.

We already have a small run about car in Oz, and yesterday took delivery of these bad boys!

KAS958.jpg

A little indulgence! Story is I bought Karen some private plates for her 40th, and as part of the process, we sold these recently. So I surprised her buy buying the same number for her car in Oz! A bit of home from home :-)

KAS958.jpg

Hi All,

So we have had the "Little Elves" in wrapping and packing the last 2 days. It's a bit weird seeing all your worldly possessions like this. Doree Bonner have been so professional and although initially were our dearest quote they not only price matched but also reduced insurance rate to 1.5% and dropped their ridiculous add on administration charge.

Update ......our 2 dogs (Poppy and Aussie) have beaten us to Australia and are in Melbourne Quarantine already barking in an Aussie twang :rolleyes:

Monday brings the container.......Tuesday brings completion on house......Wednesday brings feet up and a brew.........Thursday brings the Emirates Chauffeur and the beginning of our new life ........

image.jpg

After 2 and a half years in the planning it is actually about to happen. I know all those waiting their turn are frustrated but "The Wait" is truly worth it. Hang in there.

Cheers

Phil

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looking good, the signs of journeys end! This will be us in 12 days as our removers are in!! Also flying Emirates with chauffeur pick up, so sat here a distinct shade of green today @HARLEYDPHIL ! Safe trip, good news about the dogs arrival, if not the fact they have the Oz twang so quickly!!

Edited by AlanSteel

Just thought I'd give an update now we've been residents a whole two weeks. We've actually been here since August and spent six months with our daughter and then spent the last three months in a holiday rental overlooking the water and watching the dolphins next week we move into a new rental for six months while we decide to rent for ever or to buy.

Went out at the weekend and bought new furniture, bed, chairs, sofa, table, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tv, vacuum, coffee table, lamp table, unit, saucepans, crockery, kettle, toaster, etc. Phew!!

Our twelve small boxes being looked after for us in the UK have now been collected and are making their journey to us.

We brought a car in August and now have Medicare cards, drivers licences and tax numbers (well hub has his tax number but mine is still to put in an appearance).

Letters have been sent to all the relevant official place, ie tax and pensions.

We wake up in the morning to the sunshine, the sound of the waves lapping, the birds singing and our glimpses of the dolphins. Seeing our gorgeous grandkids and just being in the country we love.

For all those still in the waiting room, you will get there, it will happen, just keep the faith and if anyone is coming Brisbane way we can always meet for a drink

Best wishes

Maisie

Just thought I'd give an update now we've been residents a whole two weeks. We've actually been here since August and spent six months with our daughter and then spent the last three months in a holiday rental overlooking the water and watching the dolphins ? next week we move into a new rental for six months while we decide to rent for ever or to buy.

Went out at the weekend and bought new furniture, bed, chairs, sofa, table, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tv, vacuum, coffee table, lamp table, unit, saucepans, crockery, kettle, toaster, etc. Phew!!

Our twelve small boxes being looked after for us in the UK have now been collected and are making their journey to us.

We brought a car in August and now have Medicare cards, drivers licences and tax numbers (well hub has his tax number but mine is still to put in an appearance).

Letters have been sent to all the relevant official place, ie tax and pensions.

We wake up in the morning to the sunshine, the sound of the waves lapping, the birds singing and our glimpses of the dolphins. Seeing our gorgeous grandkids and just being in the country we love.

For all those still in the waiting room, you will get there, it will happen, just keep the faith and if anyone is coming Brisbane way we can always meet for a drink ?

Best wishes

Maisie

So great to hear it's all worked out for you.

can't wait for it to be my turn.

Julie