Guest guest36187

Hi Julie

I like your thinking.....but. The Friday update last week said up to 9th May. We lodged on 12th May 2014 which was a Monday. As no one works weekends and no post on weekends then the next date should, therefore, be 12th May and you can guess our news. We are getting excited at being the first to wait 2 years for a CO

Roy

Hi Roy

Alas you won't be the last!

Hope you hear very soon

Steve

Hi Julie

I like your thinking.....but. The Friday update last week said up to 9th May. We lodged on 12th May 2014 which was a Monday. As no one works weekends and no post on weekends then the next date should, therefore, be 12th May and you can guess our news. We are getting excited at being the first to wait 2 years for a CO

Roy

Hi Roy

i'm sure you will hear next week. My bet is that they will move much more than 3days on the next update, otherwise we will all be looking at 3 years for processing!

We will all have to wait and see, nudge me awake when it's Friday, I've read all the books in the waiting room.

julie

Not only waiting for case officer, which will happen when it happens, but fed up with no responses from anyone in Oz who I email not bothering to reply, these include but not limited to Estate Agents, Driving Instructors, Private health Care Providers, does no one want our business!! (Mild rant over!) :biglaugh:

Not only waiting for case officer, which will happen when it happens, but fed up with no responses from anyone in Oz who I email not bothering to reply, these include but not limited to Estate Agents, Driving Instructors, Private health Care Providers, does no one want our business!! (Mild rant over!) :biglaugh:

Hi Alan

I get the distinct feeling that nobody is very interested in us until we have our visas in our hands (or inbox).

Frustrating!

Cheers

Steve

Guest geordie joe

It doesn't get any better when you're over here Alan, we were looking at rentals left messages for 5 different agents to arrange viewings and didn't receive a single reply. We then joined the viewing circus when the property is open for viewing for 15 mins and you can have anywhere from 2 to 20 people viewing the house. Thankfully we have now found somewhere.

(Let me know if I can help with anything from this end)

Joe

It doesn't get any better when you're over here Alan, we were looking at rentals left messages for 5 different agents to arrange viewings and didn't receive a single reply. We then joined the viewing circus when the property is open for viewing for 15 mins and you can have anywhere from 2 to 20 people viewing the house. Thankfully we have now found somewhere.

Joe

Cheers Joe, we will be in Lockridge initially, staying with son and partner

Joe

Hi Joe,

You can get the beers in :biglaugh:

Glad your sorted with house, which area ? still around Ellington ?

Cheers

Phil

PC help please from anyone who has managed to upload their Form 80

Ever since we upgraded to Windows 10 our Brother printer has had problems. We are just trying to scan Form 80 and it would appear that no matter how we try it will only do one page at a time which we then have to drop into a folder which will then contain 17 separate PDFs files for each Form 80. Does anyone know if IMMI will accept it done this way?

Julie

Ever since we upgraded to Windows 10 our Brother printer has had problems. We are just trying to scan Form 80 and it would appear that no matter how we try it will only do one page at a time which we then have to drop into a folder which will then contain 17 separate PDFs files for each Form 80. Does anyone know if IMMI will accept it done this way?

Julie

Hi Julie,

Somebody else had this problem a little while back and I'm sure they found a way to do it, but I don't know what key search words would find it - somebody will come along soon who will remember.

The problem with printer drivers/ Windows 10 - why I have resisted updating - I'm sticking with 7 until I have no choice!

Sadge

Hi Julie,

Somebody else had this problem a little while back and I'm sure they found a way to do it, but I don't know what key search words would find it - somebody will come along soon who will remember.

The problem with printer drivers/ Windows 10 - why I have resisted updating - I'm sticking with 7 until I have no choice!

Sadge

Hi Sadge

we had Windows 8 on our PC which we absolutely hated so very innocently thought that window 10 would be a good upgrade. Well It is much better except it completely messes up your printer drivers and nothing works properly. I'm constantly getting upgrades from Brother ironing out the wrinkles that Windows upgrade has caused. As soon as Amanda has heard back from IMMI ref hap I'd nos I am going to ask again. How about you?

Julie

Hi Sadge

we had Windows 8 on our PC which we absolutely hated so very innocently thought that window 10 would be a good upgrade. Well It is much better except it completely messes up your printer drivers and nothing works properly. I'm constantly getting upgrades from Brother ironing out the wrinkles that Windows upgrade has caused. As soon as Amanda has heard back from IMMI ref hap I'd nos I am going to ask again. How about you?

Julie

Nothing's happening yet. I'm not in a position to sell up until I know I've got the visa in my hot little hand. Also waiting on going into hospital for a minor(ish) op so I'm actually not too concerned about the delay personally, therefore if anybody would like to pop in before me I'll step aside for a wee while/ Not too long mind so nobody trample me in the rush:wink:

Julie

hi Julie

i had had exacctly the same issues with windows 8 and also innocently uprgraded to windows 10 - including the problem with form 80. I scanned one page at a time and dropped all the pages into a word document, which I then turned into a pdf to attach to the big email to immigration. I found it relatively easy to drop the pages into a word doc but had a catastrophe at the pdf stage when the computer went on a go slow. The only way we could get it to function well enough to upload to email was to reset it to an earlier date.

To save my sanity, I attached a copy of the word doc with all the form 80 pages in it to an email and sent it to myself and to my husband so that there were two copies in cyberspace if I needed them.

the main point here is that when I finally got the word doc into pdf format and sent it to immi they accepted it.

good luck with the computing probs - I got to the point where I was off to computer world to buy a new laptop when my husband managed to get the wretched thing back on track.

Kath

Hi

If. I remember correctly your Mum lodged on 6th May 2014 and now has a case officer. This surely means that the date should mover quite a bit by Friday's update. It's real nuisance having to redo all the reports especially when it's not your fault they are running behind with applications. At least they are in touch now, good luck with everything.

Julie

Hi Julie, Yes, she did lodge on 6th of May. I'm thinking she didn't have a case officer in April when we got the request for further documents, because they clearly didn't look at the documents until we received yesterday's email telling us to get new police checks. This email yesterday was actually signed by a person, instead of previous ones which was "parent visa team" So I'm hoping for everyone's sake that they don't have to wait a month after they get their request for further documents, to then get an actual caseworker to look at what has been sent.

My mom sent out her paperwork (Overnight mail) for a new FBI check, and is heading to the Sheriff's Office tomorrow to do her State Police check which is done electronically. Fingers crossed they aren't as behind as PVC. :laugh:

BTW Thanks Steve for the instructions on the signature. :)

hi Julie

i had had exacctly the same issues with windows 8 and also innocently uprgraded to windows 10 - including the problem with form 80. I scanned one page at a time and dropped all the pages into a word document, which I then turned into a pdf to attach to the big email to immigration. I found it relatively easy to drop the pages into a word doc but had a catastrophe at the pdf stage when the computer went on a go slow. The only way we could get it to function well enough to upload to email was to reset it to an earlier date.

To save my sanity, I attached a copy of the word doc with all the form 80 pages in it to an email and sent it to myself and to my husband so that there were two copies in cyberspace if I needed them.

the main point here is that when I finally got the word doc into pdf format and sent it to immi they accepted it.

good luck with the computing probs - I got to the point where I was off to computer world to buy a new laptop when my husband managed to get the wretched thing back on track.

Kath

Hi Kath

Thank you so much for the info, I thought someone else would have had this problem

we shall have a go at sorting it out again tomorrow when we have calmed down from our PC rage.

we are trying to get everything loaded onto the laptop ready for IMMI as we think they will ask for everything after we have moved out of our house. Got to do as much as we can now before we lose access to full time broadband.

Julie

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe,

You can get the beers in :biglaugh:

Glad your sorted with house, which area ? still around Ellington ?

Cheers

Phil

hi Phil,

We are renting in Jindalee which is about 10 mins away from our kids, just need the visa sorting so I can start work as we are hemorrhaging funds from our savings. I keep thinking we should have have stayed longer with our son but I'm pretty sure it would have ended in murder.

Happy to get the beers in but they keep getting warm so I have to drink them.

Joe

Hi Kath

Thank you so much for the info, I thought someone else would have had this problem

we shall have a go at sorting it out again tomorrow when we have calmed down from our PC rage.

we are trying to get everything loaded onto the laptop ready for IMMI as we think they will ask for everything after we have moved out of our house. Got to do as much as we can now before we lose access to full time broadband.

Julie

We also had a problem with Internet access but only temporarily, as the letter demanding all the paperwork within twenty eight days arrived the morning we left for a week at our buy to let at the other end of the country. I was able to buy some internet time from BT fon which operated in th area of our flat, so it's worth checking temporary providers. Also, don't forget all libraries have Internet access which is free, and you can print out documents there as well. I think once you've got form eighty scanned and into a pdf and your police clearance applied for the rest is fairly straightforward. Oh, and don't forget Dropbox (or similar) is a great place to stash backup copies of scanned material you don't want to lose to the charms of windows 10.

Good luck!

Hi Everyone :)

I think it is time to share some good news.

After 24 months and 11 days my mother is now an Australian Permanent Resident!!!

Lodge data 30th April 2014, CO contact April 6th 2016 ( with a bit of a horror story that took more than 3 weeks to get sorted and was the reason for my disappearance from the forum) next contact to ask for medical and form 80 on May 2nd, 2VAC requested May 10th and Visa Grant May 11th!

Can't explain how happy I am that the journey is finally over and wishing you guys all the best specially my fellow 2014ers, just hang it there it will happen really soon :)

Cheers all and thanks for the support and this great forum that is helping us through the journey!

Nassim

Guest geordie joe

After 24 months and 11 days my mother is now an Australian Permanent Resident!!!

Lodge data 30th April 2014, CO contact April 6th 2016 ( with a bit of a horror story that took more than 3 weeks to get sorted and was the reason for my disappearance from the forum) next contact to ask for medical and form 80 on May 2nd, 2VAC requested May 10th and Visa Grant May 11th!

Can't explain how happy I am that the journey is finally over and wishing you guys all the best specially my fellow 2014ers, just hang it there it will happen really soon :)

Cheers all and thanks for the support and this great forum that is helping us through the journey!

Nassim

Brilliant news Nassim, always great to see posts on here where someone is able to help fellow applicants, but by far confirmation of a visa grant is always the best to read.

We also had a problem with Internet access but only temporarily, as the letter demanding all the paperwork within twenty eight days arrived the morning we left for a week at our buy to let at the other end of the country. I was able to buy some internet time from BT fon which operated in th area of our flat, so it's worth checking temporary providers. Also, don't forget all libraries have Internet access which is free, and you can print out documents there as well. I think once you've got form eighty scanned and into a pdf and your police clearance applied for the rest is fairly straightforward. Oh, and don't forget Dropbox (or similar) is a great place to stash backup copies of scanned material you don't want to lose to the charms of windows 10.

Good luck!

Great news! Congratulations!

AOS only took 1 day? I’ve heard horror stories about Centrelink taking ages… or did you have a request to get the AOS at the beginning of the application?

AOS is 1 thing I’m stressing about as everything else is ready to go. How long does it take? Is it a tricky process?

Cheers,

Anna

Nassim

Great share Nassim, and good news for your mum and family!!!

Nassim

Brilliant news for your family!

Hi can I ask, apart from initial application forms on the contributary parents visa, what other paper work needs doing?

I know there will be medicals and police checks but I just wondered once a case officer is assigned what other information and paperwork is required.

Just trying to be organised really x