Guest guest36187

Zilch. As on e visitor our 3 months up on Monday so another $1000 wasted flying to NZ and back. Let's hope they let us in as only away 24 hours and will be really unhappy bunny if then get CO and have to turn around and fly back out. Everything ready just waiting waiting waiting and waiting Kim

Feeling your pain! We fly into Perth 5 weeks today, so it's very unlikely we will have our visa by then, so started to look at options for going 'offshore'. I have emailed them asking what the chances are of being granted before our flights, but think deep down we know the answer.

Stay strong! Incidentally, have you been using the e-visa for visitors? Reckon we need them now :confused:

Hi Amanda

i notice form your timeline that you have completed police checks. We went to complete ours last week and we were a bit concerned about the question "do you have a case officer if so put their name on form" decided not to continue as worried that we might get asked to do them again.

I think I'm getting neurotic and should just get on with them.

Julie

Hi Julie, Yes, we thought we should just get them out of the way, and of course left the case officer blank. I don't see that it should be a problem, because for others who lodged before us, they received their info to get those, and medicals done, at a certain time - and they would not have case officers either at that time.

Amanda

Hi ,

Has anyone got ideas of where the 143 applications are up to date wise? We applied in December 2014 but wonder when to market our property to fund the visa fees?

Any help appreciated

They're currently processing applications lodged up to 6th May 2014. You can send an email to Immi each week to get the current date. Just put "Test" in the heading and you'll get an automated response back. Or you can keep checking on here as we're all equally interested in the processing date and often post the info.

Hi Julie, Yes, we thought we should just get them out of the way, and of course left the case officer blank. I don't see that it should be a problem, because for others who lodged before us, they received their info to get those, and medicals done, at a certain time - and they would not have case officers either at that time.

Amanda

Hi

We recently completed the Police Check form without having a CO appointed, left the appropriate section blank and received the Police Certificate about 10 days later without any problems

Dave

Hi Moomin and Julie. too bad just received a reply saying i have to wait till the 23th month of lodgement. So, no hope on medical i guess.

Hi. Just interested in your response as seems to fly in face of immi quoting 'up to 23 months wait' where it appears they won't even give out hap no until into 23 month. Kim

There are 7175 places allocated to Contributory Parent visa category in the 2015-16 Migration Programme. Due to high demand of the Contributory Parent visa category processing times for these may take up to 24 months.

Your application will be processed according to the order of lodgement date and once your application has been assigned to a case officer, they will contact you.

Please be assured that the department will endeavour to finalize your application as quickly as possible.

​What a joke ... :(

Just gets worse.

Finally had response to our email.

Firstly they point out that they have now changed update to 24 months from 23 months Se we are now not over due???

Next they say we MAY be in this years 7175 allocation of places which is up to 30 June this year or we MAY NOT???

Then they state they will not be getting to us for at least another 2 weeks but won't commit to actually when.

Kindly finish off with token 'we appreciate how stressful this must be'.

Words simply fail me

Just gets worse.

Firstly they point out that they have now changed update to 24 months from 23 months Se we are now not over due???

Next they say we MAY be in this years 7175 allocation of places which is up to 30 June this year or we MAY NOT???

Then they state they will not be getting to us for at least another 2 weeks but won't commit to actually when.

Words simply fail me

Hi Kim

i'm also speechless, can't believe it. There's One big aargh in the waiting room today.

None of us happy!

Julie

Just gets worse.

Words simply fail me

Morning all, we just had our reply, which is along the same lines as @Skeelsy. It is what it is, so we will sit here a little longer, and sometime soon our turn will come I'm sure. Brave faces everyone!

As your lodgement date is 30/05/2014 and we are currently assessing applications lodged up to 6 May 2014 it is very unlikely that your application will be finalised by 31 May 2016. There were a very large number of applications lodged between those two dates and as a result processing time is now up to 24 months.

Hi Alan

good morning, the problem with getting up at silly o'clock is that you get all the disappointing news from IMMI before breakfast. Back to the drawing board for our plans. As it now appears likely that we will both be going into Oz on tourist visas do we need to have a return airline ticket or can we get in on a one way?

is it too early for something alcoholic? Plan A has gone out the window this morning along with plan B so having to rethink and come up with plan C.

Julie

Morning all, we just had our reply, which is along the same lines as @Skeelsy. It is what it is, so we will sit here a little longer, and sometime soon our turn will come I'm sure. Brave faces everyone!

As your lodgement date is 30/05/2014 and we are currently assessing applications lodged up to 6 May 2014 it is very unlikely that your application will be finalised by 31 May 2016. There were a very large number of applications lodged between those two dates and as a result processing time is now up to 24 months.

Sadly Alan, you're right -it is what it is! We've just got to sit this one out :daydreaming:

Hi Alan

good morning, the problem with getting up at silly o'clock is that you get all the disappointing news from IMMI before breakfast. Back to the drawing board for our plans. As it now appears likely that we will both be going into Oz on tourist visas do we need to have a return airline ticket or can we get in on a one way?

is it too early for something alcoholic? Plan A has gone out the window this morning along with plan B so having to rethink and come up with plan C.

Julie

Morning Julie, totally agree regards all the disappointing news, but at least we can by e-visitor visas now, knowing we actually do need them, and not just spending out for the Plan B - Security Blanket!

We thought you had to go offshore for at least 7 days, so a grain of good news from within IMMI's message, we only have to go for 5 days. So happy heads back on, where shall we go! Singapore? NZ? China, already feeling better thinking about where to go!

Guest piramida

Hello,

I had visa subclass 173 and I applied for subclass 143. Las month I got request for 2nd visa application charge for Subclass 143. I paid 24 of March. It was before Easter. I sent email to my case officer with copy of payment, but nobody response. Last week I sent email again and I didn't get any answer.

I don't know what to do. Do anybody know how long I have to wait or what is reason case officer not answer on my email.

Thank you very much for help

Buy

Morning Julie, totally agree regards all the disappointing news, but at least we can by e-visitor visas now, knowing we actually do need them, and not just spending out for the Plan B - Security Blanket!

We thought you had to go offshore for at least 7 days, so a grain of good news from within IMMI's message, we only have to go for 5 days. So happy heads back on, where shall we go! Singapore? NZ? China, already feeling better thinking about where to go!

Morning

Very disappointing news and like you we'll have to go out on the e651 (which is free by the way and allows stays of up to 3 months each time and is valid for a year so plenty if time?)

Bad day silly o'clock club members.

Steve

Hi

still not got my head around it yet?

when we enter Oz on a 651 can we get in Ok without holding onward or return tickets? I know we have to go offshore for the grant but I don't want to buy return tickets in order to enter Oz in the first place.

having looked at the return airfares to Oz this morning am starting to feel sick!

Julie

Hi

when we enter Oz on a 651 can we get in Ok without holding onward or return tickets? I know we have to go offshore for the grant but I don't want to buy return tickets in order to enter Oz in the first place.

having looked at the return airfares to Oz this morning am starting to feel sick!

Julie

Hi Julie

When we were booking our flights for July it was actually cheaper to get return tickets than one way.

Also I'm under the impression that as we're entering on a tourist visa, even though we're waiting for PR, we have adhere by the tourist visa rules and to not have a return date three months after entry could cause issues - so we're going to play it safe.

Good luck

Steve

Hi

Julie

Hi Julie, when we booked our tickets, it was cheaper to buy return tickets, so although we hope we wont have to use them, we do have return flights booked for sometime in August. We decided to leave in a bit of comfort, so we our going business class, although the return tickets are for economy. Happy to put you in contact with the company we bought from if travelling business class?

Buy

Morning

Very disappointing news and like you we'll have to go out on the e651 (which is free by the way and allows stays of up to 3 months each time and is valid for a year so plenty if time?)

Bad day silly o'clock club members.

Steve

Hi Steve, do you have a web link to the e651 visa please? I can only find sites asking for cash? Thanks

Life is sweet!!!!

[h=1]Login[/h][h=1]Information[/h]

• UNPLANNED OUTAGEWe are currently experiencing technical issues and clients are not currently able to submit visa or citizenship applications, nor will they be able to attach documents to existing applications.VEVO is currently affected by the same issue and will not provide visa or work entitlement information. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Life is sweet!!!!

Login

Information

• UNPLANNED OUTAGEWe are currently experiencing technical issues and clients are not currently able to submit visa or citizenship applications, nor will they be able to attach documents to existing applications.VEVO is currently affected by the same issue and will not provide visa or work entitlement information. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Helpful of the website eh?!

Not to worry as the e651 is usually granted immediately or within a few hours, so you have plenty of time mate.

If you get really frustrated the ticket agents will do them for you.

Cheers

Steve