Guest guest36187

Hi Maisie so pleased to hear that they have asked for the money for the AOS. I am watching your progress very carefully as I think all applicants from June 14 onwards are in for a similar process. When you finally get your AOS and IMMI have received confirmation, would you mind posting how long the whole process took? we move out of our house in 9 weeks and haven't Been asked for anything yet by IMMI so feeling very anxious. Going to do the police report and get that out of the way. Julie
Hi Julie My daughter went into the bank yesterday and paid the bond. We then took the paperwork from them and went straight to Centrelink to hand it in. The lady there said she had passed it onto the processing team and now again, we wait to hear. Will definitely post how long it took for the AOS, I've noted all the dates and I'll give you a good run down of it all. So far it's taken 4 weeks tomorrow. Does anyone else feel they've aged 10 years waiting for our visas?

Good luck Julie

maisie

Edited by maisiedaisy

Hi all,

I know we need our HAP number to book our medicals and immi will be receiving a request for this shortly after Juliew1499 and Steve requests theirs. However I'm a little confused over the dreaded AOS process, do we get notification from immi or Centrelink to start the process, and what are the steps after that.

Joe

Hi Joe

When we got all the initial paperwork with our acknowledgement (lucky because as you know about 2 weeks later they stopped doing it). Amongst all that there was our HAP no. dates to get our police checks and dates to get our medicals. There was also the letter from Immigration telling us we would need an AOS Sponsor. Once we had been allocated our Case Officer we had another letter asking for the dreaded Form 80, police checks, and medicals (that goes straight through) and asking our AOS to phone centrelink to make an appointment. That letter that came with the acknowledgement regarding AOS is the one you need to take to Centrelink. My daughter took the one we had lastly with our Case Officer's name but it's the initial letter you get advising you that you will require an AOS that they want. (IMO, take both). We actually went into Centrelink and picked up the forms she needed to fill in (it's a green 10 page thing). Incidentally, it says phone for an appointment and after my daughter spending hours hitting the redial button because it was always engaged she eventually got through and was told she didn't need an appointment!! So she went into Centrelink and lodged the paperwork. It took almost 2 weeks to receive a letter from them asking for a telephone interview. In all fairness the lady in Centrelink was really helpful and very nice. My daughter phoned (easier to get through for this), had the telephone interview. She uploaded the correct form they required straight to Centrelink and phoned the following day to make sure it had been received. 5 days later she had a letter from Centrelink asking her to go and pay the bond. That's been done. The bank gives you some paperwork back and you have to take that (or upload it) to Centrelink within 14 days. We took it the same day as she banked the money. Which leads us to where we are now..... waiting for an acceptance letter!

Hope that helps Joe

maisie

Edited by maisiedaisy

Ah that's fine and yes I understood. Thank you for the email address you supplied. MIL emailed them and received her response, the reason she hasn't heard anything yet is because they'd got her email address wrong :arghh:

So she HAD had an email requesting all her documents (police and health checks) on the 18th of March. Lucky she did something now as she had 28 days from that email to submit everything.... 2 days to spare.

So, silly question, is it the case officer who requests the health checks police checks??

Thanks so much, you've been so helpful :)

Hi there,

Wrong email address!!!! Arghhhhh! So frustrating.

Yes it should be as far as I know. The medical information is sent from the Dr you had your medical with straight through to IMMI so they should already have that.

I hope it all starts to move along quickly now for your Mum-in-law.

Best wishes

maisie

Hi Julie My daughter went into the bank yesterday and paid the bond. We then took the paperwork from them and went straight to Centrelink to hand it in. The lady there said she had passed it onto the processing team and now again, we wait to hear. Will definitely post how long it took for the AOS, I've noted all the dates and I'll give you a good run down of it all. So far it's taken 4 weeks tomorrow. Does anyone else feel they've aged 10 years waiting for our visas?

Good luck Julie

maisie

Hi Maisie

Thank you so much for the update and I really hope that you now get a quick turnaround of the AOS and grant of your visa.

I feel like I've aged 10 years too....

julie

Good luck Julie

maisie

Hi Maisie

Our daughter was told by centrelink that the paperwork had been passed on to the processing team, but they still insisted on waiting until she received a letter from Centrelink confirming that all was in order, then making us scan and send a copy of it to them. That took about an extra ten days. Madness.

• Like 1

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

When we got all the initial paperwork with our acknowledgement (lucky because as you know about 2 weeks later they stopped doing it). Amongst all that there was our HAP no. dates to get our police checks and dates to get our medicals. There was also the letter from Immigration telling us we would need an AOS Sponsor. Once we had been allocated our Case Officer we had another letter asking for the dreaded Form 80, police checks, and medicals (that goes straight through) and asking our AOS to phone centrelink to make an appointment. That letter that came with the acknowledgement regarding AOS is the one you need to take to Centrelink. My daughter took the one we had lastly with our Case Officer's name but it's the initial letter you get advising you that you will require an AOS that they want. (IMO, take both). We actually went into Centrelink and picked up the forms she needed to fill in (it's a green 10 page thing). Incidentally, it says phone for an appointment and after my daughter spending hours hitting the redial button because it was always engaged she eventually got through and was told she didn't need an appointment!! So she went into Centrelink and lodged the paperwork. It took almost 2 weeks to receive a letter from them asking for a telephone interview. In all fairness the lady in Centrelink was really helpful and very nice. My daughter phoned (easier to get through for this), had the telephone interview. She uploaded the correct form they required straight to Centrelink and phoned the following day to make sure it had been received. 5 days later she had a letter from Centrelink asking her to go and pay the bond. That's been done. The bank gives you some paperwork back and you have to take that (or upload it) to Centrelink within 14 days. We took it the same day as she banked the money. Which leads us to where we are now..... waiting for an acceptance letter!

Hope that helps Joe

maisie

Thanks Maisie, That's really helpful.

I keep telling myself there is no gain without pain, but watching everyone else's frustrations knowing we have this to come in the next couple of months we must be mad. However there is always the odd bright moment when we see the "whoo hoo" email when someone receives the magical visa granted email and is allowed to leave the waiting room.

Joe

Hi - can somebody please help me with some advice about money transfer/opening an Australian bank account etc. Basically,how do I do it, who do I do it with and when? How do I go about transferring money in readiness for the AOS etc., and very important what is the most cost effective way of doing it?!

Thanks in advance for any assistance - it all just seems so complicated, and this process is so stressful anyway, I'm at my wits end now trying to get my head round it all.

Hi - can somebody please help me with some advice about money transfer/opening an Australian bank account etc. Basically,how do I do it, who do I do it with and when? How do I go about transferring money in readiness for the AOS etc., and very important what is the most cost effective way of doing it?!

Thanks in advance for any assistance - it all just seems so complicated, and this process is so stressful anyway, I'm at my wits end now trying to get my head round it all.

Hi Sadge

Don't panic, it's all pretty straightforward really.

I'll PM you with info on what we've done.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Sadge

Don't panic, it's all pretty straightforward really.

I'll PM you with info on what we've done.

Cheers

Steve

Hi

A piece of advice for everyone is that you should try and keep a UK bank account going once you depart to oz. If not and you want to open one at a later stage I was told that it's almost impossible to do so if not residing anymore in UK.

Also for those retired I found a brilliant savers account with CommBank - others might be around but I went for this one as it gives nearly double the normal interest rate. I had to declare I was never going to work again which I'm fully intending not to to qualify but that was about it.

now come on Immi I AM WAITING for this weeks update Kim

Hi

A piece of advice for everyone is that you should try and keep a UK bank account going once you depart to oz. If not and you want to open one at a later stage I was told that it's almost impossible to do so if not residing anymore in UK.

Also for those retired I found a brilliant savers account with CommBank - others might be around but I went for this one as it gives nearly double the normal interest rate. I had to declare I was never going to work again which I'm fully intending not to to qualify but that was about it.

now come on Immi I AM WAITING for this weeks update Kim

It's up to 6th May, so getting there.

Thanks for the advice re keeping an a/c open here as a 'just in case', also the info on CommBank - I'll look at that as well as the National Bank that's been recommended to me by Steve.

After many many months of painfully slow shuffling my chair closer and closer to the door out of the waiting room I now am poised to grab the handle. I am prepared and have ticked the following off my checklist

~ 3 x triple checked completed Form 80

~ 3 x UK and Australian recently acquired Police Checks

~ 3 x medicals done and submitted to Immi

~ required dosh in the bank - account transaction limit recently raised to $100,000 to more than accommodate 2nd VACS when requested

~ dozen energy drinks to keep me going - additional shot of vodka in each - for medicinal purposes of course

~ comfortable track suit and trainers ready for the final sprint - spare pack in case of any Immi delays

~ my 'smiley be nice whatever' face when dealing with Case Officer

i am setting target of 7 days from Case Officer to Grant. So once I am called I will be off - @AlanSteel I am relying on you to be right behind me as likely to be bit unsteady on my feet after all that sitting and waiting or might be the vodka so give me a nudge towards the doors for needed.

I think that's it unless anyone can think of something I have forgotten Kim

Hi Kath, we hadn't completed this till I saw it in peoples signature lists, so I contacted our MA who advised it is better to have it completed, than not. We didn't ask why we just completed it, so it is done if needed.

Thanks Alan. Do you do one Form 80 per applicant? so one for mum and one for dad?

Cheers, Katherine

Thanks Alan. Do you do one Form 80 per applicant? so one for mum and one for dad?

Cheers, Katherine

Hi Kath

Yes it's one form per person and depending on if you've lived a sheltered life or not isn't anywhere near as bad as it looks!

Good luck with it.

Steve

Cheers, Katherine

Hi Kath, one per applicant is required. Karen's ( my missus) took next to no time, from school to one job! So this was simple, plenty of travelling but we were able to copy and paste from mine. Me on the other hand, an Army career, plus a few jobs since I left the Army in 1993 meant it took ages!

As Steve says good luck with them, they are a pain but simple enough to complete.

After many many months of painfully slow shuffling my chair closer and closer to the door out of the waiting room I now am poised to grab the handle. I am prepared and have ticked the following off my checklist

~ 3 x triple checked completed Form 80

~ 3 x UK and Australian recently acquired Police Checks

~ 3 x medicals done and submitted to Immi

~ required dosh in the bank - account transaction limit recently raised to $100,000 to more than accommodate 2nd VACS when requested

~ dozen energy drinks to keep me going - additional shot of vodka in each - for medicinal purposes of course

~ comfortable track suit and trainers ready for the final sprint - spare pack in case of any Immi delays

~ my 'smiley be nice whatever' face when dealing with Case Officer

i am setting target of 7 days from Case Officer to Grant. So once I am called I will be off - @AlanSteel I am relying on you to be right behind me as likely to be bit unsteady on my feet after all that sitting and waiting or might be the vodka so give me a nudge towards the doors for needed.

I think that's it unless anyone can think of something I have forgotten Kim

Oh don't worry about being behind you on this one Kim! And as for a nudge........

Thought I would share something we found the other evening, as we sat debating what clothing and essential stuff to take with us when we finally depart. Although we get 40kg weight allowance each, with suits for job interviews etc this may still not be enough, and too be honest I don't want to be dragging this weight with me!

So so we are going to send another 60kg via the following people https://www.sendmybag.com/quote and thought the costs were reasonable.

if anyone has anything similar it would be good to know so we can do a cost comparison.

Thought I would share something we found the other evening, as we sat debating what clothing and essential stuff to take with us when we finally depart. Although we get 40kg weight allowance each, with suits for job interviews etc this may still not be enough, and too be honest I don't want to be dragging this weight with me!

So so we are going to send another 60kg via the following people https://www.sendmybag.com/quote and thought the costs were reasonable.

if anyone has anything similar it would be good to know so we can do a cost comparison.

This sounds like it could be really useful (if only for getting rid of the stuff our daughter left in our loft when she moved to oz in the first place!). Thanks you!

Hi everyone.....

We have our AOS acceptance letter today :jiggy:I can't believe it has only taken 2 days!! Wow!! Way to go Centrelink!!!!

So here is the timeline we had for those with the AOS still to do:

16.03.2016 Collected forms from Centrelink - I just went in and asked for the AOS forms.

17.03.2016 Allocated Case Officer

18.03.2016 AOS form filled in and taken to Centrelink

04.04.2016 Letter (via post) from Centrelink requesting telephone interview, resulting in the request for a form

Correct form uploaded to Centrelink (if your AOS person has an account with them, then I believe they can do it that way too)

07.04.2016 Centrelink confirm upload had been received. Wait for letter to pay the bond

12.04.2016 Letter (via post) asking for the bond to be paid

13.04.2016 Bond paid at Commonwealth Bank - daughter spent an hour and a half in the bank as the teller had never done this before.

Took paperwork received from the Bank straight to Centrelink. They photocopied it and passed it to the processing team.

15.04.2016 Daughter received Acceptance letter by email via her Centrelink account

Maisie and Pete jumping up and down in our holiday rental :-)

Hope that helps

Waiting now for the 2nd Vac request :-)))))

maisie

Hi everyone.....

We have our AOS acceptance letter today :jiggy:I can't believe it has only taken 2 days!! Wow!! Way to go Centrelink!!!!

So here is the timeline we had for those with the AOS still to do:

16.03.2016 Collected forms from Centrelink - I just went in and asked for the AOS forms.

17.03.2016 Allocated Case Officer

18.03.2016 AOS form filled in and taken to Centrelink

04.04.2016 Letter (via post) from Centrelink requesting telephone interview, resulting in the request for a form

Correct form uploaded to Centrelink (if your AOS person has an account with them, then I believe they can do it that way too)

07.04.2016 Centrelink confirm upload had been received. Wait for letter to pay the bond

12.04.2016 Letter (via post) asking for the bond to be paid

13.04.2016 Bond paid at Commonwealth Bank - daughter spent an hour and a half in the bank as the teller had never done this before.

Took paperwork received from the Bank straight to Centrelink. They photocopied it and passed it to the processing team.

15.04.2016 Daughter received Acceptance letter by email via her Centrelink account

Maisie and Pete jumping up and down in our holiday rental :-)

Hope that helps

Waiting now for the 2nd Vac request :-)))))

maisie

Whoopee Maisie, come on IMMI Maisie is almost there.

anyone had an update on the test email today?

Julie

:cry: Just as I thought they were finally getting on with things - stuck on 6 May :cry:

Disappointing, but hey ho, its almost the weekend (well I'm trying my hardest not to show my tears of disappointment!!)

And to prove I am over the news, here I am with my Friday face (Note gritted teeth!!) Have a great weekend everyone!

IMG_8566.jpg

IMG_8566.jpg

Edited by AlanSteel