Guest guest36187

I think we need an Immi check - hailing anyone in Perth - could you make visual contact with immi building to see if actually still there or have they all been beamed up by aliens Kim:skeptical::skeptical:

Hi Kim,

Think you may be onto something :biglaugh::biglaugh: What other reason could there be ?? We've been stuck on Feb 13th for almost a month and the waiting room is getting more and more cramped.

Our agent in Perth is making contact with them today, i'll let you know if ET answers the phone :mad:

Fingers and everything else crossed that Friday brings some sort of movement in the date.

"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for"

Phil

Hi PHIL Hope you had good Xmas and new year. Great to hear some pro active movement to try and 'phone home'. We gambled coming out early and our visa runs out 30 Jan and have to leave. We are going to hop to NZ and wait it out there now. I looked and looked on form 80 and couldn't find the box to make claims for likely stress related conditions resulting from this visa process!!!! Considering bribery but unfortunately funds depleted due to visa cost so wait is our game plan - wait and wait and wait Kim

Hi PHIL Hope you had good Xmas and new year. Great to hear some pro active movement to try and 'phone home'. We gambled coming out early and our visa runs out 30 Jan and have to leave. We are going to hop to NZ and wait it out there now. I looked and looked on form 80 and couldn't find the box to make claims for likely stress related conditions resulting from this visa process!!!! Considering bribery but unfortunately funds depleted due to visa cost so wait is our game plan - wait and wait and wait Kim

Hi Kim,

Yes thank you, Christmas and New Year was a great time (helped take our mind off visa watching) Hope you enjoyed a fab Festive season in Oz. Having to up sticks and wait in NZ can't be easy but the long term goal will be worth it.

Form 80 is fun (:arghh:) isn't it, talk about having to have TOTAL RECALL.

Well, its back to hibernation for now :SLEEP::SLEEP: (Dreaming of faraway shores)

Phil

Hi Phil

No request for medical or police or anything else. Immi did reply to an email I sent them last summer regarding change of Circumstances of my Sponsor so they do respond! We are not using an Agent as funds are tight.

Have you been asked for AOS? When you had your medicals requested last year I felt sure that we would hear 2 months later but it seems they've just lost interest! I really hope they are not going back to asking for everything in 28 days and then everything is a last minute rush.

Just have to keep on waiting, every sleep is one day nearer.

Julie

Hi Phil

No request for medical or police or anything else. Immi did reply to an email I sent them last summer regarding change of Circumstances of my Sponsor so they do respond! We are not using an Agent as funds are tight.

Have you been asked for AOS? When you had your medicals requested last year I felt sure that we would hear 2 months later but it seems they've just lost interest! I really hope they are not going back to asking for everything in 28 days and then everything is a last minute rush.

Julie

Hi Julie,

Our agent is based in Perth, so I am uncertain if they have any more clout than anyone else but yes we have been asked for AOS. Tom our son has visited Centrelink and given all the relevant info and I have actually just transferred $14200 from our Commbank account. He has made an appointment for Monday to open up a new account at Commbank (they charge $200 for the privilege ) in which the AOS will be held for 10years. Once this is completed all our Ducks will hopefully be in a row and ready for the illusive "Lesser Spotted Case Officer" I hear, they're as rare as a Dodo. :laugh:

I wonder ........??? is our agent is just been preemptive ?. Or Immi, have changed (yet again) the way they do things. In which case, either way, you have no need to worry.

Cheers

Phil

Guest geordie joe
I think we need an Immi check - hailing anyone in Perth - could you make visual contact with immi building to see if actually still there or have they all been beamed up by aliens Kim:skeptical::skeptical:

Hi Kim,

I did walk past the lair of the lesser spotted case officer when I was in Perth city centre last week. There was plenty of activity with the comings and goings of the elusive beasts aka immi workers and they appeared friendly enough, although I didn't want to get too close in case I spooked them. Unfortunately the weather is a little warm which tends to bring them out in the open and away out of their day to day natural working environment, let's hope for some rain which I understand drives them back in to their lair and they can start emptying the waiting room.

Joe

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

Hope you are enjoying Perth, does it feel any better being out there and waiting?

Julie

Hi Julie,

I think it's probably worse given we have sold up and I left a good job. It's great spending time with the kids but it's always in the back of our minds that it could come crashing down if anything goes wrong with the medicals, but that was our choice and the risk we were prepared to take. How is the house selling coming along?

Joe

Hi. Glad you are enjoying Perth - my sister lives in Serpentine and loves it there. She is a volunteer firie so been working lots of shifts to help with fires and clean up. Glad to see you checked out immi territory - and agree best not to spook as clearly very fragile species. We gambled like you and came out early and have to leave at end of month so going to NZ until wait is over. Been very frustrating trying to organise a stay there using the 'how long is a piece of string' principle. I keep having nightmares about failing Medicals. Decided I am now probably deranged as one of the points always being said is how strict they are over forms and will toss out if not done correctly and I found myself waking up yesterday in tears as had dreamt they had tossed our application because I used a colon instead of a semi colon. I intend to have a full melt down once this is over Kim

Hi Phil

Julie

. Hi keeping an eye on posts from 2014 ,seems the nearer you get the more frustrated it becomes we're a year behind you so have a long wait ahead,can I ask about the 'test'email I have had sent back emails sent to parents @border,co.au and immi .as wrong address ,hope you hear something soon

Hi all fellow tortured souls. My pencil and I have been scribbling all day trying to make some guesstimate as to like being called to Case officer. My understanding is that applicants up to around mid April 2014 where given med/AOS dates. From then applicants are not given dates as in my case when lodged 23 May 2014. HarleyPhil - hope you don't mind me using you as example - lodged mid April and was asked to organise AOS around 24 Oct 2015. My assumption is he should then hit CO around 24jan as this is three months. I am a 173 so don't get this 'pre-CO' call. So my next assumption is then from end of October last which is nearly 12 weeks immi should have been regularly contacting 143 from mid April and as Harley phil appears to be only one then there must be others out there - if not then I think we need to PANIC. So really appreciate any updates ie have/have not been contacted. Kim

Hi Kim

We are a month behind you and we also made similar calculations based on Harleyphil's contact. We thought we would have been contacted late Dec early January requesting medicals etc but we've heard nothing. The good news is that the processing date has now moved to 24th Feb for 143/173 so I'm hopeful that we will hear something soon! Don't Panic we'll all get there shortly.

Julie

Hi all

Auto reply today says they're now assessing for finalization 143's lodged 24 February 2014.

We're in Perth on holiday and its much better waiting in the sun than the cold.

Hurry up immi!!

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for that Steve, definitely good news that they've begun assessing again, you're sat in Perth, we're sat in Brisbane. It's worse than clock watching waiting for the dates to move on!

maisie

Hi Julie,

I think it's probably worse given we have sold up and I left a good job. It's great spending time with the kids but it's always in the back of our minds that it could come crashing down if anything goes wrong with the medicals, but that was our choice and the risk we were prepared to take. How is the house selling coming along?

Joe

We're in the same boat as you Joe although we have had our medicals and are in Brisbane, hopefully there's an end in sight now, keep the faith x

maisie

Appreciate help thoughts advice Etc re Medicals. We did not get a HAP no when we lodged as had stopped doing that. Is this a specific no to each person or a general no for the type of medical you need. I have noted some people given this no by their agent before immi has so guessing second option. So questions are how could I get this no before immi formally gives it to us with immi? Are their several different nos for different circumstances so could I risk choosing wrong HAP no? Is it bad idea to do this?? Kim

Appreciate help thoughts advice Etc re Medicals. We did not get a HAP no when we lodged as had stopped doing that. Is this a specific no to each person or a general no for the type of medical you need. I have noted some people given this no by their agent before immi has so guessing second option. So questions are how could I get this no before immi formally gives it to us with immi? Are their several different nos for different circumstances so could I risk choosing wrong HAP no? Is it bad idea to do this?? Kim

Hi Kim,

As far as I am aware the HAP ID is specific to you, my wife's and mine where consecutive 7 digit numbers and a barcode that is specific to you and your application.

Could you go through your agent to get a referral letter ?

Cheers

Phil

Thanks for that. One thought is that a 143 you were called early to sort AOS out whilst I assume a 173 does not get that call. If you were given your HAP no then surely that disadvantages the 173 who applied same day as you as they have to then try and do once they get to case officer whilst technically now you can present every as soon as case officer contacts you and be through in no time. Am I missing something or being a bit dumb!!!! Kim