Guest guest36187

The parent visa is very expensive if you don't want to wait all those years.

The only option now for migrants wishing to bring their parents to Australia is the "contributory parent" visa – at a cost of $47,120, plus a bond of $10,000 to cover any welfare payments made over a 10-year period. The total is $105,905 to bring two parents to Australia.

hello. With regard to the Bond, I thought it was $10,000 for the first person, plus an additional $4,000 for the second. Perhaps it has changed since we paid for our AOS at the end of 2014. If your sums are correct it does look to be so much more money than we forked out! ☺️

All the best!!

Guest Petina
Morning all,

Hopefully we are soon to be asked for our second VAC. We have the funds already in a bank account in Australia. Having recently transferred the assurance of support, we had to contact the bank and get special authority to transfer the $14,000 to our son's account and was told the maximum allowed to be transferred in one transaction is $15,000, or with extra special permission, $20,000. Does anyone know if DIPB use BPAY or any other system whereby the transfer can be done by one transaction rather than five? Many thanks.

Hi Oldun

We used moneycorp to transfer the money fromUK to Oz account. We then transferred the money from our bank account in Oz to our son's bank account. He then sent a bank cheque to our agent based in Melbourne, who then forwarded it onto Perth. All quite simple. Hope you are asked soon for the second VAC.

Take care

Petina

Hi Oldun

We used moneycorp to transfer the money fromUK to Oz account. We then transferred the money from our bank account in Oz to our son's bank account. He then sent a bank cheque to our agent based in Melbourne, who then forwarded it onto Perth. All quite simple. Hope you are asked soon for the second VAC.

Take care

Petina

I believe that Moneycorp can raise the bank draft in the UK for the visa applicant to send directly to the PVC, without the need to transfer funds to Australia, etc.

Best regards.

hello. With rega1rd to the Bond, I thought it was $10,000 for the first person, plus an additional $4,000 for the second. Perhaps it has changed since we paid for our AOS at the end of 2014. If your sums are correct it does look to be so much more money than we forked out! ☺️

All the best!!

Hi

You're quite right it's 10,000aud for the first applicant and 4,000aud for the second - prices don't go down eh?!

Hope all's good over there.

The auto reply from immi this morning says they're working on 143 applications lodged on 25 September 2013.

I guess we're making some progress?!

Hi Steve

that's great, roll on October, before we know it we will be into applications for 2014!

anyone got any idea how long it takes IMMI to respond to a query on the OTHELP query e mail?

Julie

Hi Steve

that's great, roll on October, before we know it we will be into applications for 2014!

anyone got any idea how long it takes IMMI to respond to a query on the OTHELP query e mail?

Julie

Woohoo .. fingers crossed they will clear at least a few months in August.

I expect it to speed up until March 2014 but we should see some more long waits there as well due to the increase in VAC.

And on that OTHELP email, I send one about 6 weeks ago but never heard back :(

Cheers,

Nassim

The auto reply from immi this morning says they're working on 143 applications lodged on 25 September 2013.

I guess we're making some progress?!

Yes, in 11 days they have moved forward by 14 days worth of applications. It might not sound much but it's a big improvement isn't it? And hopefully they'll continue to speed up. In the meantime, my decluttering total sold on ebay has climbed to approx £2500. :wub:

Edited by Catlady2014

Guest geordie joe
T

Hi

The auto reply today says they're up to 8 October 2013 now!

Thanks for the update Steve.

Go immi, the guys are really on a roll. Hope they aren't watching the ashes as all the applications from the Brits will go back to the bottom of the pile. (If anyone from the parents visa dept read this we promise to cheer on the Aussies when you win them back in Oz.)

Joe

Go immi, the guys are really on a roll. Hope they aren't watching the ashes as all the applications from the Brits will go back to the bottom of the pile. (If anyone from the parents visa dept read this we promise to cheer on the Aussies when you win them back in Oz.)

Joe

Haha - don't know about that - I bet the aussies living over here aren't doing the same!!

Hi Steve

Whoopee things are moving! Good luck with the house sale hope everything goes OK.

we've had three viewings so far just got to keep them coming thro the door!

Julie

Hi Julie

Thanks for this.

Hope one of your viewings turns into an offer very soon.

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Joe

Really made me chuckle :-)

Hi to everone

Wow IMMI are on the ball, sent an email on Saturday to the OTHELP section and got a reply this morning!

our sponsor has changed address and got married, doesn't tell you anywhere what form to use for this amendment. For info they just want an email direct from the sponsor, then they update their system.

Julie

ps have to admit the sight of an email from WA Parents was so exciting! Sort of reassures you they are out there!