Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
Hi Julie

Hope you had a good flight back and are getting over the dreaded jetlag.

We're amazed at the amount of viewings we've had and even more amazed that we have sold today after just over two weeks on the market to our second viewers - now eagerly awaiting the "Sold" sign to go up.

Panic starts now to find a rental!

Aargh - what have we done??!!

All the best

Steve

Great news Steve as you say always nice to see the sold sign go up. Remember the rental is a means to an end, we hate ours but every day the present Mrs K ticks another day off the calendar.

Your turn next Julie !

regards

Joe

Great news Steve as you say always nice to see the sold sign go up. Remember the rental is a means to an end, we hate ours but every day the present Mrs K ticks another day off the calendar.

Your turn next Julie !

regards

Joe

Hi Joe

Thanks.

Not looking forward to renting at all, but as you say it's a means to end.

Can't believe we sold so quickly.

Had PSS round today and have already got the John Mason quote so I'll PM you when I have the PSS one.

All the best (where's the brandy??)

Steve

Hi Julie

Hope you had a good flight back and are getting over the dreaded jetlag.

We're amazed at the amount of viewings we've had and even more amazed that we have sold today after just over two weeks on the market to our second viewers - now eagerly awaiting the "Sold" sign to go up.

Panic starts now to find a rental!

Aargh - what have we done??!!

All the best

Steve[/

Hi Steve

just arrived back, ready for a seriously long sleep! Blimey I go away for a few days and you,ve sold! Hope all goes well with the sale and finding a rental. It must seem strange and I fully understand the "what have we done" comment. As Petina says you will be up up and away as soon as your visa is granted.

julie

Thanks Julie

Hope you sell just as quickly, now it's finger nail biting until completion!!

Have a good rest

Steve

Many congratulations Steve - incredible number of viewings and now sold! You have done the right things as it means that when you finally get your visa you are 'up, up and away'!!!

So now comes the final de-cluttering. LOL

Take care and good luck with the move and hope you find a rental!

Petina

Hi Petina

Thanks so much, the de-cluttering does indeed continue in earnest.

All the best

Steve

Looks like I've sold mine too. And renting isn't an option because of a dog and two cats! My buyers are friends of mine, and they want my dog as well as my house, which would be a great outcome because my dog knows them well, she is elderly and I really don't want to put her through the trauma of the move, quarantine, and a much hotter climate than she is used to. The cats can be boarded with another friend, and I can board with my sister. Hopefully, though, my buyers will take a while to sell their own house, which will slow things down for me.

Hi All, i have been randomly inquiring in this forum to get some feedback on the timelines for 173 holder applying for a 143. I seem not to get any responses yet or maybe i have missed replies.

If anyone of you has undergone this, can you shed light on the matter? Really appreciate it.

Ginny

Amazing news that you sold so quickly! I hope mine can go as smoothly. I still need to de-clutter before I put it on the market. I'm looking to put up the for sale sign early next year.

Yes, were in a state of shock and a certain amount of panic.

The de-cluttering never stops!

Hi All, i have been randomly inquiring in this forum to get some feedback on the timelines for 173 holder applying for a 143. I seem not to get any responses yet or maybe i have missed replies.

If anyone of you has undergone this, can you shed light on the matter? Really appreciate it.

Ginny

Hi Ginny, I applied for the 143 in June last year having held my 173 for 18 months, I was awarded the 143 in December, and I was in Ireland on holidays when I got the email asking for the fee and giving me 28 days so I contacted immigration and they were ok with waiting till I got back in January. Best of luck . Fran.

Guest Petina
Yes, were in a state of shock and a certain amount of panic.

The de-cluttering never stops!

Totally agree Steve - I am still de-cluttering........

Petina

Ginny

Hi Ginny, It took about 6 months to get our 173 to 143 visa granted. It seemed to take a while to complete the AOS, but then we're in Brisbane and Centrelink seem to have a bit of a reputation for dragging their heels! This was in 2013 so they may have improved since then. We just had to keep IMMI updated and all was well.

All the best

Val

Amazing news that you sold so quickly! I hope mine can go as smoothly. I still need to de-clutter before I put it on the market. I'm looking to put up the for sale sign early next year.

Yes we didn't expect to sell quite so quickly and are chasing round to try and find a decent rental in a decent area, needle in a haystack time!

Guest Petina
Hi Ginny, It took about 6 months to get our 173 to 143 visa granted. It seemed to take a while to complete the AOS, but then we're in Brisbane and Centrelink seem to have a bit of a reputation for dragging their heels! This was in 2013 so they may have improved since then. We just had to keep IMMI updated and all was well.

All the best

Val

I think Centrelink have greatly improved from your time Val - my son said it was very efficient. The initial visit took time but once he had a contact, it all went smoothly.

Sold sign now up and still de-cluttering... LOL

Petina

Breaking news!

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS AUTO RESPONSE

DEPARTMENT OF IMMIGRATION AND BORDER PROTECTION

PARENT CHILD AND OTHER FAMILY BRANCH

Thank you for your email to the Parent Visa Processing Centre in Perth. This email is your confirmation that we have received your email enquiry and/or emailed documents.

Due to the large number of enquiries that we receive we are unable to personally respond to all emails.

Please note: there is currently no intention to repeal the non-contributory parent visa subclass again.

GENERAL INFORMATION

Please read the information below and on our website at www.border.gov.au. If you still have a query after reading the following information and the website, you will find instructions below on how to ensure that your email is read by a person and receive a response. Otherwise, you will not receive a response from us.

PRE LODGEMENT ENQUIRIES

All our information including answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs) is contained on our website at www.border.gov.au, on our forms (which you may download from our website) or through contacting the Department of Immigration and Border Protection call centre on 131881.

To find a visa please see: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1

If you have difficulty understanding our requirements, you may wish to consider engaging a Migration Agent.

If after reading our information, your question remains unanswered, please see COMMUNICATING WITH THE DEPARTMENT below and send an email with your details and a code in the subject line.

POST LODGEMENT ENQUIRIES

DELAYS to acknowledgements

We are currently experiencing delays with receipting, registering and commencing new cases due to the large number of applications received at the end of June 2015. We regret the delay, however, if your credit card has had the fee deducted or your cheque or money order has been presented by the\ Department you can be assured that the application has been received. If you have sent your documents by registered post, courier or express mail and you have a tracking number you can check the delivery date online with your provider.

If you have not received any email from us, please first check your junk folders as our email may have been treated as spam.

Then, if you have not received any response from us and there is no evidence of your fee being deducted one month after you lodged the papers, your should contact us again through the Global Feedback Unit at http://www.immi.gov.au/Help/Pages/feedback.aspx

Due to the large influx of applications in the last week of June we are currently registering applications lodged 29 June 2015. All applications have been receipted and receipts will be sent with the acknowledgment letters.

PROCESSING

ONSHORE APPLICANTS (Subclass 804)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer (which may take up to 12 months) you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application. As soon as you are assessed as meeting all requirements your application will be placed in a queue and assigned a queue date to wait for a visa place.

We are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged in October 2014

We are currently assessing for finalization applications with a queue date up to April 2009

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (Subclass 103)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer (which may take up to 24 months) your eligibility for a visa will be assessed and if you are found to meet eligibility requirements your application will be placed in a queue and assigned a queue date to wait for a visa place.

We are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged 17 January 2014

We are currently assessing for finalization applications with a queue date in November 2008

OFFSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 143/173)

Once your application is allocated to a case officer you or your authorised contact will be contacted and asked to provide more documents including police certificates and health clearances to complete your application. Please do not send documents until you are requested to do so.

For those who were originally requested to undertake medical examinations 12 months after lodgement date, please consider waiting an extra 2 - 3 months to undertake them due to the current processing time being 18 - 22 months.

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged on 30 August 2013. The 2nd visa application charge increased in September 2013 so we had a LOT of applications lodged in August 2013. Be assured we are working very hard and do appreciate your patience.

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT (subclass 173 - 143 and 884 - 864)

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged on 21 January 2015.

ONSHORE APPLICANTS (subclass 864)

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged on 15 January 2015.

QUEUE

As visa places are very restricted (currently 1500 per year) your application may spend as much as 30 years in the queue. This waiting time is expected to become longer. The time spent depends on the Government releasing visa places. Partners, children and skilled migrants are given priority.

If you require more explanation of the Government’s capping and queueing process please see our website at http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/capping-and-queuing.htm

You may find that you are eligible for an alternative parent visa, the Contributory Parent visa. This has significantly higher application charges, but no queue and is therefore a much quicker pathway to permanent residence. Please see our website at: http://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/143-

We are currently assessing for a queue date applications lodged on 13 January 2014.

ORDER OF PROCESS

All applications are initially assessed in order of date of lodgement until they are queued or refused. The order of queuing may be influenced if you respond to requests for documents or other actions quickly.

Once queued, the queue dates cannot be changed even if compelling or compassionate circumstances exist as all cases are considered equally deserving.

Applications are released from the queue in queue date order. Currently we are processing overseas applications that were queued in 2008 and onshore applications that were queued in 2009. Changes in numbers in the queue depend on how many visas may be granted each year, fluctuations due to grants, refusals, withdrawals and successful review cases. The queue calculator for non-contributory parent visas can be found at https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/qcalc/QDateAnswer.do

COMMUNICATING WITH THE DEPARTMENT

1. Please note we can only communicate with the applicant or the applicant’s authorised recipient. If you want another person to deal with us on your behalf, you should complete a Form 956.

2. When communicating with your case officer please always include your reference number, name and date of birth and a code (see below) in the subject line so that we can identify the email as one that is meant as part of your processing.

a. E.G. PAYVAC JOHN CITIZEN 4/4/1950 CID 12345678912 (OR CLF2015/123456)

3. The following codes alert the case officer to the nature of your email:

a. WDLRFD = withdrawal or refund request

b. HAPLTR = HAP letter (health clearance)

c. PAYVAC = payments

d. BRDGVS = bridging visas

e. CGS956 = change of circumstances Form 1022 or Form 956 (Please note you must advise the department of changes to your circumstances).

f. CGA929 = change of address or passport details.

g. OTHELP = other complex information or enquiry

4. ALL Parent applications must be sent or couriered to the PERTH Parent Visa Centre:

a. Our mail address is: Parent Visa Centre, Department of Immigration and Border Protection, Locked Bag 7 NORTHBRIDGE WA 6865.

b. Our courier or physical address is: 836 Wellington Street WEST PERTH WA 6005

UPLOADING SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS

Multiple documents should be saved in one PDF file and attached to your email. Links to web PDF files will not be accepted.

VISA FEES

Visa fees are available on the internet at: http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/Pricing-Estimator.aspx

Please note the 1st visa application charges will increase on 1 July 2015 please refer to

http://www.immi.gov.au/pub-res/Documents/budget/VAC-increases-fact-sheet.pdf for further information.

There will be no increase in the 2nd visa application charges.

You will be requested to pay the 2nd visa charge when your application is ready for grant of the visa.

For applications lodged now the 2nd visa application charges are

[TABLE=class: yiv5923762834MsoTableGrid]

[TR]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] SECOND VAC

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] Principal applicant

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] Spouse/Dependent 18 years plus

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] Dependent under 18 years

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] Subclasses 143 and 864

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] $43600

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] $43600

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] $2095

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] Subclasses 173/884 T- P

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] $29130

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] $29130

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] $2095

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] Subclasses 143/864 T-P holds a 173/884

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] $19420

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] $19420

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] NIL

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] Subclasses 103/804

[/TD]

[TD=width: 154, bgcolor: transparent, colspan: 1] $2065

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

ASSURANCE OF SUPPORT

Please see Centrelink which is the agency responsible.

MEDICARE

Please contact Medicare for health assistance. Immigration does not advise on eligibility for Medicare benefits.

BRIDGING VISAS

Bridging visas are only granted to onshore applicants and can only be issued to people who are in Australia at the time of requesting the bridging visa. Usually a Bridging Visa A (BVA) will be granted automatically when your temporary visa expires provided you are still onshore. If you wish to travel out of Australia once you are the holder of a BVA, you must apply for a BVB before you depart. The BVB requires Form 1006 and a fee (currently $140). You must send the BVB application by mail and allow enough time (about two weeks) for the application to be processed.

HEALTH EXAMINATIONS

ONSHORE: Arrange your medical examination with BUPA. Telephone 1300 794 919 for an appointment or visit their website at http://bupamvs.com.au

OFFSHORE: You must arrange your examination with a registered panel physician (these are doctors appointed by the Australian Government to carry out health checks on visa applicants outside Australia). Please see http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/panel-doctors to find a doctor near you.

Kind regards

PERTH PARENT VISA CENTRE

All the best

Val

Thanks Val!

I just saw the 'breaking news" advisory, and it says:

TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT (subclass 173 - 143 and 884 - 864)

We are currently assessing for finalization applications lodged on 21 January 2015.

so it seems the timelines would be 6 to 7 months too. I thought it would take years..

Thanks for your inputs.. will keep you all posted

Hi Ginny, I applied for the 143 in June last year having held my 173 for 18 months, I was awarded the 143 in December, and I was in Ireland on holidays when I got the email asking for the fee and giving me 28 days so I contacted immigration and they were ok with waiting till I got back in January. Best of luck . Fran.

Thanks Fran! appreciate your response and good on you it went all smooth. As for the 1st install payment when you lodged, did they receipt you right away?