Guest guest36187

Hi Joe

I'm with you on this one. They know how many places they have to allocate per year on the CPV scheme and it' s not rocket science to press a button on the PC to know how many applications they have pending. Do the maths IMMI!

Good luck with Form 80, I'm not doing mine unless I'm asked for it. Sod's law says that those who have completed it won't be asked for it and those that haven't will. Maybe I'd better think about that one.

Julie

Hi there. I think you will find that everyone will need to complete Form 80. Knowing how long it took me to do our two, I would advise getting to grips with it sooner rather than later. An awful lot of information is needed, and a rough copy will prove very useful, in case you forget what you have been doing for all the years past!!

Good luck.

• Like 1

Guest Petina
Hi Steve

Thanks for the update, rather disappointing given the huge sum of money we are all paying out. I do struggle to understand why the timeframe from lodging to granting the visa has such wide range which sounds like it's anywhere from 18 to 24 months, and why they're unable to provide us with a more accurate timeline.

However, we have long weekend ahead so I thought I would print off and make a start on the dreaded form 80.

Joe

Form 80 wasn't too bad - we did it in rough first (plenty of coffee on hand) and when we were asked for it, just copied it out. Just a bit of a pain as I had to list every entry visa to Australia - 23 times!! Always better to make a start on it as the chances of being asked for it are high! Good luck and keep calm......

Petina

Form 80 wasn't too bad - we did it in rough first (plenty of coffee on hand) and when we were asked for it, just copied it out. Just a bit of a pain as I had to list every entry visa to Australia - 23 times!! Always better to make a start on it as the chances of being asked for it are high! Good luck and keep calm......

Petina

Just had a look at Form 80, many of the questions are covered by those asked on the original application form (we had revised forms last year). The real boring bit is the holidays and employment history. Will make a start on it later in the year, too busy with daughter's wedding plans!

Julie

Hi Steve

Thanks for the update, rather disappointing given the huge sum of money we are all paying out. I do struggle to understand why the timeframe from lodging to granting the visa has such wide range which sounds like it's anywhere from 18 to 24 months, and why they're unable to provide us with a more accurate timeline.

However, we have long weekend ahead so I thought I would print off and make a start on the dreaded form 80.

Joe

Hi Joe

Yes it's all rather frustrating isn't it?

We have completed our form 80's just in case and they weren't too bad, although a lot of splinters from head scratching!

Enjoy!!

Cheers

Steve

Hi there. I think you will find that everyone will need to complete Form 80. Knowing how long it took me to do our two, I would advise getting to grips with it sooner rather than later. An awful lot of information is needed, and a rough copy will prove very useful, in case you forget what you have been doing for all the years past!!

Good luck.

Hi Caroline

Sound advice I'd say, we've done ours ready just in case.

Hope all's good with you in your new life.

Regards

Steve

Guest Petina
Just had a look at Form 80, many of the questions are covered by those asked on the original application form (we had revised forms last year). The real boring bit is the holidays and employment history. Will make a start on it later in the year, too busy with daughter's wedding plans!

Julie

Hi Julie,

Fortunately we had our old passports so could give all the necessary details but yes, it was a bit tedious but it has to be done! Good luck with the wedding plans!

Petina

Guest geordie joe
Hi Joe

Yes it's all rather frustrating isn't it?

We have completed our form 80's just in case and they weren't too bad, although a lot of splinters from head scratching!

Enjoy!!

Cheers

Steve

The majority doesn't look too onerous, it's the travel history and dates I'm struggling with, busy looking through holiday photos for reminders.

The majority doesn't look too onerous, it's the travel history and dates I'm struggling with, busy looking through holiday photos for reminders.

That's what took us a while too Joe, plus employment dates - took us quite a few days to finish it all.

maisie

Guest geordie joe
How many pages in the Form 80 now? I think mine went to 22 with all the add-ons!

Petina

18 pages, mine will be 20 with the add-ons

Morning All

Just about to go out and vote........thought I'd just check the test email-it's not working again, wouldn't be surprised if next time it is working that they have re written it again!

julie

hope the outcome of the election perks up the exchange rate again, all will be revealed tomorrow,or maybe not, depending upon the voters!

Morning All

Just about to go out and vote........thought I'd just check the test email-it's not working again, wouldn't be surprised if next time it is working that they have re written it again!

julie

hope the outcome of the election perks up the exchange rate again, all will be revealed tomorrow,or maybe not, depending upon the voters!

Hi Julie

I emailed them saying the 143 is missing from the auto reply (when it was working) but guess what they haven't answered as yet !!

All the best

Steve

Hi Sorry for interrupting the thread but Im a bit confused. I knew you could front load medicals as I've helped my children do this. Can you do this for a parent visa 143 though. It seems to say on the immigration site that this could delay the visa?

Also we applied for our offshore 143 onshore does this make a difference to processing time. Otherwise when would we expect to hear something.

The chart showing timelines of applicants seems to range from 7 months to grant to 18 month. Does anyone know why there are these visas granted in such a short time. Thanks

Hi Sorry for interrupting the thread but Im a bit confused. I knew you could front load medicals as I've helped my children do this. Can you do this for a parent visa 143 though. It seems to say on the immigration site that this could delay the visa?

Also we applied for our offshore 143 onshore does this make a difference to processing time. Otherwise when would we expect to hear something.

The chart showing timelines of applicants seems to range from 7 months to grant to 18 month. Does anyone know why there are these visas granted in such a short time. Thanks

Hi Ant, do you mind me asking; are you already on a CPV 173? If so, you can stay onshore while you wait for you CPV143 to be granted. If that's the case then it takes only a few months to grant otherwise if its just the 143 you must be offshore for the grant and this one usually takes about 18+ months from application to grant.

Hope this helps,

Val

I have been reitired for 8 years now. Do you really have to enter 50 years of employment? Several of the places no longer exist, and I certainly cannot remember dates, nor have any means of finding them. Can't even remember the name of some employers!

i think if you have your acknowledgement letter, then every necessary detail will be on it like form 80, pcc date, medical date

Hi

The acknowledgement letters that are now being sent out do not give any of these details.

We all wish they did so at least we'd have a rough timeline to work to.

Regards

Steve

Yup

I have been reitired for 8 years now. Do you really have to enter 50 years of employment? Several of the places no longer exist, and I certainly cannot remember dates, nor have any means of finding them. Can't even remember the name of some employers!

Hi Sadge

If you mean for the form 80 then I believe they do require as much information as you are able to give.

The general consensus on here is that if you put on the form that you have completed it to the best of your knowledge it should be accepted.

I'm sure if anyone has a different experience of this then they will post accordingly.

Good luck with it.

Regards

Steve

Yup

Hi Sadge

If you mean for the form 80 then I believe they do require as much information as you are able to give.

The general consensus on here is that if you put on the form that you have completed it to the best of your knowledge it should be accepted.

I'm sure if anyone has a different experience of this then they will post accordingly.

Good luck with it.

Regards

Steve

Oh heck! Looks like it'll be 'can't remember' or 'very approximately' all the way down the form then!

Oh heck! Looks like it'll be 'can't remember' or 'very approximately' all the way down the form then!

Hi Sadge

Out of interest may I ask your lodgement date and if you've been asked for the form 80?

Immi aren't giving any timelines at the moment so it helps all of us if we share this information so that we can try and guess what stage our applications are at.

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Sadge

Out of interest may I ask your lodgement date and if you've been asked for the form 80?

Immi aren't giving any timelines at the moment so it helps all of us if we share this information so that we can try and guess what stage our applications are at.

Best wishes

Steve

Hello Steve,

No, I heard from my Agent that they had received the Acknowledgement on the 6th February, so very close to your date. They lodged my 143 at the end of June 2014 - it was a bit of a rush just in case the fees went up again!

My agent indicated it is likely to be some 18 to 20 months from the date of Lodgement to assessment by the PVC Team, when I will be asked to attend medicals, obtain police clearance certificates, complete Form 80 etc., so perhaps by the beginning of 2016?

Sadge

Hello Steve,

No, I heard from my Agent that they had received the Acknowledgement on the 6th February, so very close to your date. They lodged my 143 at the end of June 2014 - it was a bit of a rush just in case the fees went up again!

My agent indicated it is likely to be some 18 to 20 months from the date of Lodgement to assessment by the PVC Team, when I will be asked to attend medicals, obtain police clearance certificates, complete Form 80 etc., so perhaps by the beginning of 2016?

Sadge

Hi Sadge

Yes we're very close in lodgement date then.

Hope you will keep us all updated.

Good luck with form 80; we've done ours ready and once you start it isn't quite as bad as it looks.

All the best

Steve

Yup

Hi Sadge

Good luck with it.

Regards

Steve

We filled in everything we could and some of the places we have worked are now no longer trading. We had to do a search on the net for some of them to see what has happened and if they're still up and running. Took a while but we did manage to sort it.

maisie

Hi Parents

it looks like the decision on the annual immigration figures for 2015/16 is due on Tuesday 12th May 15 - maybe then we might get an indication of some progress. At least we will know how many Parents visas will be granted in the year. Hopefully it's the same or a higher level.

Julie