Guest guest36187

Hi I know this is an old post but trying to get some info from people who have done this. When you applied onshore for the cpv did you get put onto a bridge visa a after the 90 day tourist visa ran out?

Hi Lianne510.

You would only be granted a BV if you apply onshore for a subclass 804, 864, or 884 visa.

There is no BV available when applying for a subclass 143 visa while in Australia - unless you are a subclass 173 visaholder already.

Best regards.

Hi everybody.

I'm a newbie on this forum, just started the process of 143 application.

I am a bit confused, everyone says how slow this process is but my 1st 3 steps have happened within 1 month.

Lodged 19-03-15, receipt/1st VAC 27-03-15 and today acknowledgement letter arrived !

are things speeding up ?

Hi everybody.

I am a bit confused, everyone says how slow this process is but my 1st 3 steps have happened within 1 month.

Lodged 19-03-15, receipt/1st VAC 27-03-15 and today acknowledgement letter arrived !

are things speeding up ?

Hi

Welcome to the site. Had you submitted your application last summer you would have had a huge delay of about 8 months for an acknowledgement letter! They are just about up to date now and you are very fortunate to have got to acknowledgement this quickly. See my time lines below. You are now in the waiting room with the rest of us waiting for the next stage. There are loads of us in front of you now so don't expect to hear anything else for quite some time. If you don't mind me asking did your acknowledgement letter gives any time lines for police reports and medicals?

Julie

Hi Julie

Nothing about time lines, I was hoping there would be

Ian.

Hi Ian

Ah at least they are being consistent. There are several of us on here who applied June and July last year and we are all waiting for news when meds and police reports are needed. If you keep an eye on this thread you will soon pick up the timescales for applications. I hate visiting the Doctors but this is one occasion when it can't come around quick enough!

Julie

Guest geordie joe
Hi everybody.

are things speeding up ?

Hi Ian

As Julie says always nice to welcome someone new to the waiting room. Looks like they have really picked up the pace with the front end of the process, if only we could also see that change of pace at the back end. It would be easy to say put your feet up and forget about the visa situation but I guess it's never far from everyone's mind.

Joe

Hi everybody.

are things speeding up ?

Welcome Ian - you've joined the land of limbo (Still loving that description Vava :-) )

Geordie Joe and Julie and right regarding timelines. We were lucky and have got timelines but because of the slowness of the process and the year rule on medicals and police checks we are waiting just a bit longer before we have them done.

Hope all goes well for you

maisie

Hi Guys

My parents in law applied for CPV on 30 August 2015 and received acknowledgement letter on 13 December 2013. As per the acknowledgement letter email, they got their medical, police clerance etc done in September 2014 and we have also lodged AOS which has been completed. I think now it is the matter of time getting CO allocated and get the next step done.

I just have question if VAC can be paid by multiple credit cards.

Kind Regards,

Well it sounds like you're pretty near to completion. It might be best to email them & ask the question so that you've got the payment ready when requested. Or wait till they email you for the payment & then you'll have a parson to contact directly.

Hi everyone

Latest on the reply to the "test" email today is that IMMI are now assessing for 10 August 2013, so some good progress by the looks of it, wish they'd send us some timelines though!

Hope you're all enjoying your decorating, de-cluttering etc as much as we are!!

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Guys

My parents in law applied for CPV on 30 August 2015 and received acknowledgement letter on 13 December 2013. As per the acknowledgement letter email, they got their medical, police clerance etc done in September 2014 and we have also lodged AOS which has been completed. I think now it is the matter of time getting CO allocated and get the next step done.

I just have question if VAC can be paid by multiple credit cards.

Kind Regards,

Hi, please be aware that by using credit cards there is a surcharge on top which can be anything from 1.08% to 2.99% plus unless you are paying in AUD, there may also be currency exchange fluctuations.

Val

Thanks you Val. Just wondering if I can pay on their behalf being their son in law and sponsor as well? Another question, what is the email address to get status update on applications timeline. I have been reading about this "test emails" but couldn't find the actual email address where I need the send the email.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks you Val. Just wondering if I can pay on their behalf being their son in law and sponsor as well? Another question, what is the email address to get status update on applications timeline. I have been reading about this "test emails" but couldn't find the actual email address where I need the send the email.

Thanks for your help.

Hi

It's parents@immi.gov.au, enter "Test" in the subject line and nothing in the actual body of your email, then you should get an auto reply back (sometimes it doesn't appear to work much of the time).

This gives you much information including what dates they are acknowledging and assessing for on the various visa's.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Steve

Hi

It's parents@immi.gov.au, enter "Test" in the subject line and nothing in the actual body of your email, then you should get an auto reply back (sometimes it doesn't appear to work much of the time).

This gives you much information including what dates they are acknowledging and assessing for on the various visa's.

Hope this helps,

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve

My parents in law application date is 30 August 2013. They should be hearing soon from case officer I reckon. My 22.5 year old brother in law is also part of their application as dependent because he is still studying, living with them and been dependent on them always. I hope that shouldn't be an issue once case officer is allocated.

Cheers

Hi everyone

Latest on the reply to the "test" email today is that IMMI are now assessing for 10 August 2013, so some good progress by the looks of it, wish they'd send us some timelines though!

Hope you're all enjoying your decorating, de-cluttering etc as much as we are!!

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Steve

oh that's good news, my bet is that we might hear something one year in seems sort of logical to me.

Well we've sorted the garden, sold loads of stuff on eBay, just about to start on the house painting.....it,s never ending but time is flying by. When are you putting your house on the market? We've now got our daughters wedding in Oz on 2 July so I think we will have everything lined up to market the house when we get back.

Julie

Hi Steve

oh that's good news, my bet is that we might hear something one year in seems sort of logical to me.

Well we've sorted the garden, sold loads of stuff on eBay, just about to start on the house painting.....it,s never ending but time is flying by. When are you putting your house on the market? We've now got our daughters wedding in Oz on 2 July so I think we will have everything lined up to market the house when we get back.

Julie

Hi Julie

I hope you're well.

You're busy and the wedding will distract you a bit for a while.

We're hoping to go on the market in June/July.

Would be great if you're right about Immi catching up with us after a year, but don't hold your breath.

Take care

Steve

Thanks Steve. My two replies earlier didn't get post, not sure why.

My parents in law applied on 30 August 2013. My 22.5 old brother in law is also part of application. He has always been dependent and still studying and living with them, I hope that won't be any issue in their application. Medicals, poilce clearance, AOS is all sorted. Just waiting for the case officer.

Edited by applicant2013

Hi Steve

Julie

Hi Julie, hope the de-cluttering is going well. We've just sold our house (stc) and so we're really having to get serious about getting rid of things. I'm now beginning to feel a bit like a hoarder, why tell me why do I feel the need to keep the never ending supply of pens I keep finding, unused envelopes, birthday cards etc etc. LOL

Where in Oz will the wedding be? Very exciting :-)

maisie x

Hi Julie, hope the de-cluttering is going well. We've just sold our house (stc) and so we're really having to get serious about getting rid of things. I'm now beginning to feel a bit like a hoarder, why tell me why do I feel the need to keep the never ending supply of pens I keep finding, unused envelopes, birthday cards etc etc. LOL

Where in Oz will the wedding be? Very exciting :-)

maisie x

Hi Maisie

that's great news about the house sale, fingers crossed everything goes through OK. Are you shipping your stuff to Oz? if so I guess when it comes to getting quotes the cost of all those extra boxes will focus your mind on feeling less of a hoarder. I can,t believe how much stuff we need to get rid of either because we don't want it or because it' snot suitable for Oz.

I'm with you on the night shift - anything to get this queue moving.......Our daughter is getting married in a small chapel in the Melbourne Hill and then a reception in the CBD. Loads to think about and organise, as you say very exciting. Come on IMMI give us some time lines!

Julie

Guest ggarcka

Hi All. I applied September 2013 for 173 parent temp visa. Immigration responded that they hope to process in1-2 months time. I have always communicated by hitting reply button starting with their received email acknowledging receipt of my application. This has produced speedy responses as they can easily identify my application. Thanks to all for the informative input.

Hi Maisie

that's great news about the house sale, fingers crossed everything goes through OK. Are you shipping your stuff to Oz? if so I guess when it comes to getting quotes the cost of all those extra boxes will focus your mind on feeling less of a hoarder. I can,t believe how much stuff we need to get rid of either because we don't want it or because it' snot suitable for Oz.

I'm with you on the night shift - anything to get this queue moving.......Our daughter is getting married in a small chapel in the Melbourne Hill and then a reception in the CBD. Loads to think about and organise, as you say very exciting. Come on IMMI give us some time lines!

Julie

Thanx Julie, We're just shipping about a dozen boxes and that's it! We're going to be living with our daughter and family so no need for furniture, just taking a few things, mainly personal stuff with us. Not even got to get rid of our furniture because our buyers want it :-)

Yoohoo, you must be sooooo excited about the wedding. We have been to Melbourne and loved it there, you're going to have the most fantastic day.

Hope you get your timelines soon and then you can start planning a bit more

Maisie x

Has any one applied for subclass 143 from subclass 173 in last 6 months? I have applied for 173 to 143 in October, received acknowledgment and request for AOS and Police check in November, submitted documents in January. Since then I have not heard from Department of immigration. I had sent them a general enquiry but received an automatic reply. Can anyone tell me what is the usual waiting period?

Hello Guys

My Father has been granted a contributory parent visa 173 from India in August 2013.Now he is coming to Australia tomorrow (26/04/2015).His current 173 expires on 18 August 2015.I was told he can apply 143 onshore.But I am bit confused about the Bridging Visa and will he get the medicare in continuation as he has got for 173 during on 173 visa?.What will happen after 18 August will he has to go back or wait onshore? Isn't it bit confusing as 143 is offshore visa,applied onshore?? How will a case officer gives a bridging visa for a ofshore visa applied onshore?

Can anybody help?

Hello Guys

My Father has been granted a contributory parent visa 173 from India in August 2013.Now he is coming to Australia tomorrow (26/04/2015).His current 173 expires on 18 August 2015.I was told he can apply 143 onshore.But I am bit confused about the Bridging Visa and will he get the medicare in continuation as he has got for 173 during on 173 visa?.What will happen after 18 August will he has to go back or wait onshore? Isn't it bit confusing as 143 is offshore visa,applied onshore?? How will a case officer gives a bridging visa for a ofshore visa applied onshore?

Can anybody help?

Your father needs to apply for the 143 before 18th August. He will normally then be automatically granted a bridging visa so he can lawfully stay in Australia until the 143 is granted. Bridging visas normally have the same rights as the original visa.