Guest guest36187

Hello everyone. Im Mailing the department regarding the date which they are assessing for 143 but they are not replying. Any idea about the date which they are assessing. Our lodgement date is 11/9/2013.

There's an online tracker you can check which shows you a selection of applicants and the status of their application

http://www.australia-parent-visas.com

Guest Lynn23

Hey guys i have a vey important question that need answer pretty please!! ~.~

my friend son is 19 yr old, they lodged a visa application last year and theire CO request some kind pf dependency evidence, his son is not studying and unemployed he finished his vocational course about 4 months ago, his MA told him that he may not get a visa because his son is not studying... He is not studying but he is fully dependant to his father since they moved here in australia, Does it mean his son cant get a visa? He might withdraw his son from the application.

Hey guys i have a vey important question that need answer pretty please!! ~.~

my friend son is 19 yr old, they lodged a visa application last year and theire CO request some kind pf dependency evidence, his son is not studying and unemployed he finished his vocational course about 4 months ago, his MA told him that he may not get a visa because his son is not studying... He is not studying but he is fully dependant to his father since they moved here in australia, Does it mean his son cant get a visa? He might withdraw his son from the application.

Hi there,

Do you know which visa they applied for? Also what visa is your friend currently in Australia on? I would think that if your friend is using a migration agent then he would be the one who knows exactly what the rules are regarding his 19 year old's status. If the son isn't studying or working then what is he going to do with his life in the long term?

From past posts I think an adult child being included on a visa is always a difficult one to call.

Hope this helps.

Regards, Val

Guest Lynn23

Hi there,Do you know which visa they applied for? Also what visa is your friend currently in Australia on? I would think that if your friend is using a migration agent then he would be the one who knows exactly what the rules are regarding his 19 year old's status. If the son isn't studying or working then what is he going to do with his life in the long term?From past posts I think an adult child being included on a visa is always a difficult one to call.Hope this helps.Regards, Val
Thanks for your replyThey are applying ENS 186, their 457 visa already expired, and they are now in their bridging visa, they're broke atm thats why his son didnt enrol to uni his son is looking for a partime job but never get lucky finding one, they talked to an MA and says that his son might not get a visa because he is not studying,he might drop his son on the application, because if ever his son didnt get a visa that means they are all not getting visa, Edited by Lynn23

Thanks for your replyThey are applying ENS 186, their 457 visa already expired, and they are now in their bridging visa, they're broke atm thats why his son didnt enrol to uni his son is looking for a partime job but never get lucky finding one, they talked to an MA and says that his son might not get a visa because he is not studying,he might drop his son on the application, because if ever his son didnt get a visa that means they are all not getting visa,

Hi again,

I think you have asked your original question on the wrong thread. This one is for parents applying to join their adult children and grandchildren in Australia. The visa categories on this thread are mainly CPV143 & CPV173.

I would try posting your original question on a different thread to see if anyone had the same problem as your friend.

Good luck, Val

I tried too Vicky but had no luck. The last reply was 27 March and they were up to 9 July 2013 however, that date hadn't changed since 20 March so hopefully when they do reply after the Easter break it will have moved on somewhat. We've still got a way to go yet but it's interesting seeing the date move on

best wishes

maisie

Hi

Hope you're well!

Just got an auto reply and they are up to 22 July 2013 now, so some progress!

Best wishes

Steve

Hi

Hope you're well!

Just got an auto reply and they are up to 22 July 2013 now, so some progress!

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Steve

That's really good news, however, I do wish that the update included further info such as medical and police check requests. We just don't know when we are going to get that request, could be soon or even next year! Can't help it I like to be organised and this lack of info periodically drives me up the wall! Ah I'll just get on with the house decorating before it goes up for sale".......

Julie:arghh:

Hi Steve

That's really good news, however, I do wish that the update included further info such as medical and police check requests. We just don't know when we are going to get that request, could be soon or even next year! Can't help it I like to be organised and this lack of info periodically drives me up the wall! Ah I'll just get on with the house decorating before it goes up for sale".......

Hi Julie

Yes the worrying thing is I looked back through my emails and in July 2014 they were assessing January 2013 so their progress has been pretty slow by the looks of it.

I agree with you it would be great to have timelines from immi so that we can forward plan - but that's just me being silly!!

We're de-cluttering like mad as the decorating was done just over a year ago anyway.

Take care

Steve

Hi Steve

My MiL emailed them when it was approaching the period they'd originally advised to undertake medicals etc and asked them if she should still do them then or later. They replied and said she delay by 4/5 months so it would be worth contacting them and asking when you should be undertaking your medicals etc.

Hi Julie

Yes the worrying thing is I looked back through my emails and in July 2014 they were assessing January 2013 so their progress has been pretty slow by the looks of it.

I agree with you it would be great to have timelines from immi so that we can forward plan - but that's just me being silly!!

We're de-cluttering like mad as the decorating was done just over a year ago anyway.

Take care

Steve

They had a huge influx of applications when they changed the fees in September 2013 and again when they announced in the budget in June 2014 that they were closing the loophole for the non contributory visa. Hence probably why everything has slowed down.

Hi Julie

Take care

Steve

Well I wanted something to take my mind off the waiting..........OMG daughter has just announced she is getting married early July, I've just booked the flights to Melbourne on 29th June for 10 days. I've got so much to think about the requests for medicals are bound to come through now!!!

Julie

Other than medicare and WA senior card, are CPV holders eligible for any other benefits after 2yrs of residency?

We have now been here five weeks, and have Medicare cards and the WA Seniors Card (bit like our bus passes, but can be used on all Transperth services, within certain time frames). This card also gives entitlement to many, varied discounts, including something akin to our Winter Fuel Allowance, providing you have registered by the end of May. Let's see if this actually works!!

I think you are thinking of the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, this if my correspondence with Centrelink is correct, is not available until two years residency.

We waited for our Seniors Card to be issued before applying for Aus driving licences, as you get 50% off the process. We have also set up private health insurance, to avoid the government levy on 'old people'!

Going off the point a bit, but we are in the process of finding a rental property in Perth, as we have decided to live it up a little with our house sale proceeds

Been a bit of a bumpy ride at times, but we are almost there now, and enjoying the cooler nights!

Best of luck to all those still on the treadmill.

We have now been here five weeks, and have Medicare cards and the WA Seniors Card (bit like our bus passes, but can be used on all Transperth services, within certain time frames). This card also gives entitlement to many, varied discounts, including something akin to our Winter Fuel Allowance, providing you have registered by the end of May. Let's see if this actually works!!

I think you are thinking of the Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, this if my correspondence with Centrelink is correct, is not available until two years residency.

We waited for our Seniors Card to be issued before applying for Aus driving licences, as you get 50% off the process. We have also set up private health insurance, to avoid the government levy on 'old people'!

Going off the point a bit, but we are in the process of finding a rental property in Perth, as we have decided to live it up a little with our house sale proceeds

Been a bit of a bumpy ride at times, but we are almost there now, and enjoying the cooler nights!

Best of luck to all those still on the treadmill.

If you you don't mind me asking: how much is health care insurance?

Thanks to all. Dear one of our relative has applied for 173.They have a son of 23.5 years and his study is regular and currently doing masters in mechanical engineering, fully dependent on them and included him in application. Has they done the right thing to include him? They are really worrying about their son because their agent is not clearing the things about their son. If they are able to get the visa and after two years when they will apply for 143, is it required that their son has to continue his study during that period of 2years while living on 173 in order to get 143. Any one pls put some light on this.

Thanks to all. Dear one of our relative has applied for 173.They have a son of 23.5 years and his study is regular and currently doing masters in mechanical engineering, fully dependent on them and included him in application. Has they done the right thing to include him? They are really worrying about their son because their agent is not clearing the things about their son. If they are able to get the visa and after two years when they will apply for 143, is it required that their son has to continue his study during that period of 2years while living on 173 in order to get 143. Any one pls put some light on this.

Vicky, I would have thought that with a masters in mechanical engineering, the young man in question might be able to get his own visa. Could be worth making some enquiries as I understand that complete dependency on parents, particularly in view of his age, is really tough to prove.

Regards, Val

Vicky, I would have thought that with a masters in mechanical engineering, the young man in question might be able to get his own visa. Could be worth making some enquiries as I understand that complete dependency on parents, particularly in view of his age, is really tough to prove.

Regards, Val

Hi Parents in the queue

TEST email working again, they are assessing 143 off shore for 31 July 13 and acknowledgement letters now up to 16 March 14.Hopefully if the acknowledgements are now up to date they might get the task force on moving the assessment dates forward!

Julie

Hi Parents in the queue

TEST email working again, they are assessing 143 off shore for 31 July 13 and acknowledgement letters now up to 16 March 14.Hopefully if the acknowledgements are now up to date they might get the task force on moving the assessment dates forward!

Julie

Thanks Julie

Wouldn't that be a joy if the task force did move the assessment dates forward, seems such a long wait :-(

Best wishes

maisie x

Hi Parents in the queue

Julie

Hi Julie

Thanks for the update.

I much admire you optimism and really hope that it is true.

Waiting's boring!!

Take Care

Steve

We applied on shore for our CPV in February 2010. Had medicals and police checks done the same month. Thought it would take 12-18 months but before we returned to the UK in April, were informed that the visa would be granted in June as soon as we returned to Oz and paid our final payment.

Hi I know this is an old post but trying to get some info from people who have done this. When you applied onshore for the cpv did you get put onto a bridge visa a after the 90 day tourist visa ran out?