Guest guest36187

Hi all waiting parents,

Just received the test email back from IMMI and it would appear that their backlog of acknowledgement letters have now moved to mid Jan 2015 and best of all they are now assessing 143’s lodged from 9 July 2013. At long last they seem to be moving the backlog. We are keeping busy ebaying anything we don't need, this has been going on since February and it' surprising just how much you can sell. Have to do something positive to keep our minds off the never ending wait. Roll on the general election then we put the for sale sign up and have something else to think about! Anybody had letter recently asking for Meds or police check yet?

julie

Hi Julie - so if my maths are correct, we're looking at about 20 months?? Let's keep everything crossed that the backlog continues to reduce.

best wishes

maisie

Guest geordie joe
Hi all waiting parents,

Just received the test email back from IMMI and it would appear that their backlog of acknowledgement letters have now moved to mid Jan 2015 and best of all they are now assessing 143’s lodged from 9 July 2013. At long last they seem to be moving the backlog. We are keeping busy ebaying anything we don't need, this has been going on since February and it' surprising just how much you can sell. Have to do something positive to keep our minds off the never ending wait. Roll on the general election then we put the for sale sign up and have something else to think about! Anybody had letter recently asking for Meds or police check yet?

julie

Hi Julie

Thanks for the update, I hope you're right and things start to speed up, and as you say putting the house up for sale gives you a different focus. Not sure about the ebay malarkey, the more stuff I get rid of the more stuff the current Mrs K manages to buy.

Joe

Guest Petina

Thanks for the info Julie. Have also just got the test mail. Things are now moving! I have also been decluttering, using gumtree. However, have an attic full of stuff so will be doing a car boot sale in a couple of weeks. As you say, keeps you busy. Now have to keep the house tidy for prospective buyers. As mentioned before, we have done our medicals and police checks. Now waiting for a CO..... House went on the market yesterday.........

Petina

Guest Petina
Hi Julie

Thanks for the update, I hope you're right and things start to speed up, and as you say putting the house up for sale gives you a different focus. Not sure about the ebay malarkey, the more stuff I get rid of the more stuff the current Mrs K manages to buy.

Joe

Way to go Mrs K!!!! LOL

Guest becky723359

Hi Guys,

My Mum & I both posted separately a few weeks back as my parents were right at the end of the process for CPV.

Mum ended up travelling here on a tourist visa as we had no news & baby is due Tuesday 31st.

Mum got here 24th March so just getting over her jetlag.

Well guess what? - Immigration sent request for 2nd VAC on 24th March also so Mum has to go offshore before Visa grant :-/

We're off to get the Bank Cheque today to send to Parents Centre & booked Mum a 4 day trip to New Zealand so sending proof of this also.

Has anyone any experience in this process - how long does the grant take once she's in NZ & how will she know it's been granted?

Will they email?

Thanks in advance guys.

Their application date was mid june 2013

Hi Guys,

My Mum & I both posted separately a few weeks back as my parents were right at the end of the process for CPV.

Mum ended up travelling here on a tourist visa as we had no news & baby is due Tuesday 31st.

Well guess what? - Immigration sent request for 2nd VAC on 24th March also so Mum has to go offshore before Visa grant :-/

We're off to get the Bank Cheque today to send to Parents Centre & booked Mum a 4 day trip to New Zealand so sending proof of this also.

Has anyone any experience in this process - how long does the grant take once she's in NZ & how will she know it's been granted?

Will they email?

Thanks in advance guys.

Hi, if your mum is with you and your baby is due next week, email immi and tell them about your baby and that you need her with you until after baby arrives. You can then email again when she is ready to leave you for a few days and as soon she has her passport arrival screened in say NZ or Fiji, the grant email will pop into her inbox immediately.

You must email immi though, they are humans and will give you some leeway.

Good luck with the birth and your mums visa

All the best, Val

Guest becky723359

Thanks Val - I thought I'd read that further back in the thread.

We've already booked the flights Mum isn't particularly looking forward to going - we've booked for her to stay for 4 nights (3 working days) as per Immi's advice on the pre grant email. She's hoping if she gets notified quickly she can alter her flight & come back either the following day or the day after so not stay for the whole 4 nights.

Certainly counting the days until my little lady is born :-) & elated my Mum's here.

Hi Guys,

Will they email?

Thanks in advance guys.

Hi

if you have supplied IMMI with dates and flight numbers,they will monitor your mother's movement through passport control in OZ and issue the grant letter by email immediately providing they have received your bank cheque

good luck

Which means she can come straight back if she wants - wish I'd known they'd grant it as soon as I went through Passport Control- they insisted on 3 working days even though I specifically asked the question as I had to leave a teenager at home ( under family supervision I might add , but he insists on his independence & didn't want to miss school) -

& to go alone was the last thing on earth I wanted to do - fortunately I had my daughter & granddaughter with me in the end & a fabulous holiday- but we were lucky she could get time off at short notice because of them refusing to budge on the totally false 3 day rule.

They were not very human at all in my case !

And still waiting since 16th Feb for the letter giving the grant details in the post in addition to that simple email- not impressed!

Edited by Freesia

Hi Becky

So how long did she have to wait from it being allocated to a Case Officer for them to let her know that the CPV had been granted and then the time your mum had to get over to Oz?

Can't seem to get a definitive answer to this question. I lodged my application December 2013

many thanks

Guest becky723359
Hi Becky

So how long did she have to wait from it being allocated to a Case Officer for them to let her know that the CPV had been granted and then the time your mum had to get over to Oz?

Can't seem to get a definitive answer to this question. I lodged my application December 2013

many thanks

Mum & Dad applied 14th June 2013

Completed medicals July 2014

CO requested AOS, Police checks & copy of new passports 8th Jan 2015

Documents provided 27th Jan 2015

Took until 24th March 2015 to get the email request 2nd Vac

Mum arrived on this day 24th March - email stated has 7 days to provide proof of intention to go offshore within 28 days then Visa gets granted then Dad must enter Aus by 9th July 2015 (which is 12 months from Medicals)

Hope that sheds some light for those still waiting :-)

I preferred our process for 175 visa - literally got an email after 5 months telling us visa granted as we front loaded everything plus they'd introduced a new electronic system so we received our several months before we expected it. This 143 CPV has been a killer to wait for. Grrrr - thankfully the whole process finally has end dates which is a great relief.

Freesia - what you written is Mum all over - she'll happily turn around & come straight back here!

Of course Becky- we have similarly difficult circumstances- I was leaving a child alone & your mum will be totally stressed that you might go into labour the minute she leaves! No allowances made for our circumstances I'm afraid- a horribly inflexible attitude from Immi in my case.

however, knowing what I know now, in your mum's circumstances I'd plan the next flight back after checking her Visa Grant on arrival in NZ :)

Hi Everyone,

I just wondered, when you do the initial application for a Contributory Parent Permanent, do they take 1 to 2 months to take the money and if so do they let you know when they are taking the money? I noticed on a few of your details that they don't seem to take the money straight away and I wondered if you got any notice otherwise will be on pins making sure there is enough in my account.

I am on the cusp of applying, have two adult children permanent residents and I am a bit daunted. Any advice gratefully accepted. I am a whizz with documents so decided to take the plunge without an agent as I am pretty straightforward, just me and my husband.

Hi bobatha,

our documents arrived at Perth immi on 05-03-2015 and this was confirmed as our lodgement date on an email received by me on 10-03-2015. The email included an invoice which was really confirmation that they had charged my credit card for the initial fee. The charge was made on my card on 10-03-2015 but on checking with my bank it didn't show on their records til the next day. I too had expected it to take 6 to 8 weeks but it was taken within a week. It's worth ringing your bank in advance to put a note on their records that this payment is going to be requested so they don't refuse it as an unusual payment. You mentioned making sure you have enough in your account. My understanding is that they don't accept debit cards so I used a credit card. Ours was for a 103 application. Don't know if that would make any difference to the speed of collecting the fee. Hope that helps.

Edited by Ruth7862

Guest geordie joe
Hi Everyone,

I just wondered, when you do the initial application for a Contributory Parent Permanent, do they take 1 to 2 months to take the money and if so do they let you know when they are taking the money? I noticed on a few of your details that they don't seem to take the money straight away and I wondered if you got any notice otherwise will be on pins making sure there is enough in my account.

I am on the cusp of applying, have two adult children permanent residents and I am a bit daunted. Any advice gratefully accepted. I am a whizz with documents so decided to take the plunge without an agent as I am pretty straightforward, just me and my husband.

Hi and welcome,

you're right some of us waited a number of weeks before immi took the initial payment however this was probably down to the high number of applications placed in June last year. They have now cleared the backlog and seem to have their act together and are acknowledging and taking the first VAC payment much quicker than a number of us experienced last year. There is a vast amount of experienced individuals who use the forum and are always happy to help with any questions you may have, I know I found their help extremely valuable when we took our first steps in making the move.

reagrds

Joe

Hi bobatha,

our documents arrived at Perth immi on 05-03-2015 and this was confirmed as our lodgement date on an email received by me on 10-03-2015. The email included an invoice which was really confirmation that they had charged my credit card for the initial fee. The charge was made on my card on 10-03-2015 but on checking with my bank it didn't show on their records til the next day. I too had expected it to take 6 to 8 weeks but it was taken within a week. It's worth ringing your bank in advance to put a note on their records that this payment is going to be requested so they don't refuse it as an unusual payment. You mentioned making sure you have enough in your account. My understanding is that they don't accept debit cards so I used a credit card. Ours was for a 103 application. Don't know if that would make any difference to the speed of collecting the fee. Hope that helps.

Hi Ruth,

Thanks that does help and I am glad I asked now. I didn't realise about only using a credit card so good to know.

Hi and welcome,

you're right some of us waited a number of weeks before immi took the initial payment however this was probably down to the high number of applications placed in June last year. They have now cleared the backlog and seem to have their act together and are acknowledging and taking the first VAC payment much quicker than a number of us experienced last year. There is a vast amount of experienced individuals who use the forum and are always happy to help with any questions you may have, I know I found their help extremely valuable when we took our first steps in making the move.

regards

Joe

Thanks Geordie Joe,

Its a good job you mentioned this I have been reading every single post avidly but noticed a few where this had happened so thought I could get away with not paying for a month or 2. Never mind. Glad I asked everyone and what a friendly welcome, I will be submitting my application as soon as I have enough and will follow everyone's progress too. I am pleased that I found this forum as it helps you to realise that you are not alone, so thanks one and all. x

Hi bobatha,

Forgot to add, I will be applying for the 143 Ruth, not the 103.

Guest Petina
Hi and welcome,

reagrds

Joe

I second that Joe - a very useful and friendly website! Things seem to be moving with us now - our son has registered with Centre Link and has been in contact with them a couple of times. He says that they have been very friendly and helpful and has been sent documents on how to pay. No comeback on our medicals, so here's hoping that all is ok.

Petina

Guest Petina
Hello everyone. Im Mailing the department regarding the date which they are assessing for 143 but they are not replying. Any idea about the date which they are assessing. Our lodgement date is 11/9/2013.

Hi Vicky,

We applied two weeks before you and are still waiting. Medicals and Police checks done and Centre Link have contacted our son regarding the AOS - they asked if he understood what the AOS means! I think that we will be assigned a case officer fairly soon and hope that we will hear soon regarding the visa. Very much a waiting game.

Petina

x

Hello everyone. Im Mailing the department regarding the date which they are assessing for 143 but they are not replying. Any idea about the date which they are assessing. Our lodgement date is 11/9/2013.

I tried too Vicky but had no luck. The last reply was 27 March and they were up to 9 July 2013 however, that date hadn't changed since 20 March so hopefully when they do reply after the Easter break it will have moved on somewhat. We've still got a way to go yet but it's interesting seeing the date move on

best wishes

maisie

Might be worth noting we had some difficulty with th AOS, they base it in the previous year's tax return and my daughter in law was on maternity leave so could not provide one. My son is self employed so not a huge salary! We had to get a third family member to assure me as well!

It all finally went through though so now waiting for a CO and going greyer by the minute . . .