Guest guest36187

Thanks, Steve. Yes, I can see why everyone dreads form 80! I've had a quick look just now but will print it out and start filling it in then I'll have a head start.

Hi

You're welcome, hope you're getting on ok with it.

We've virtually done ours, hopefully they'll be ok and maybe not even needed but better to do them now at own pace rather than rush them.

Certainly got the brain working thinking back through our lives - memories eh?!

Best wishes

Steve

Haha, Julie, trust me, when I know, you'll all know :-) So, I'll update you all in, shall we say, about 8 or 9 months? I'd be amazed if it's sooner! I was thinking yesterday though, I may not be the first, we're all close in dates, and maybe some CO's are faster than others. Time will tell......

All the best,

Amanda

Hi Amanda

Hopefully we'll all hear sooner than that with any luck.

All the best

Steve

Hi everyone

whoopee, received our visa 143 grant letter today

Time line:

14 June 2013 Application lodged with Perth immi

28 June 2013 1st vac (A$2060) taken by creditcard

7 th September 2013 Acknowledgement received with dates to complete UK police checks and Medicals and to complete form 80 immediately

18 September 2013 Sent scanned copies of Form 80 to Perth immi

15 March 2014 Requested HAP(health assessment portal) Id numbers

20 March 2014 Received HAP Id numbers from Perth immi

15 May 2014 Received UK police check certificates @£45 each

26 June 2014 Completed Medicals @£270 each

Late June 2014 Daughter completed AOS application

16 July 2014 AOS approved and A$14000 paid

8 January 2015 CO assigned (whilst in OZ)with request for scanned copies UK police check certificate and were asked to apply for Australia Federal Police clearance certificates because we had spent more than 365 days in OZ in the last 10 years (actually spent 368 days in Oz but they wouldn't waive it for the sake of 3 days) They also asked for passport bio data scans, which we knew we had sent ,our marriage certificate, which they couldn't trace as having received and the Forms 80 scans

10 January 2015 Perth immi said they had found evidence of receiving forms 80 but couldn't locate them (they had not been placed on file)and had found the passport

bio data scans - fortunately email and forms attachments were on our files so just sent again

13 January 2015 Back in UK - Set about applying for AFP clearance certificates online and sent scan of the "missing" marriage certificate

27 January 2015 AFP certs scanned and sent to Perth immi

10 February 2015 Request for 2nd VAC , A$84440, and sent by daughter on 12th

16 February 2015 Visas 143 granted

The visa grant letter sets out the date by which one must complete your initial entry into OZ and we were quoted 14 August 2015 but based on the fact that our UK police check certificate was dated 15 May 2014 we expected the latest date to make our intitial entry would be 15 May 2015

Does anyone know if the rules have been changed recently ?

We have sent an email to Perth immi to clarify this point

It seems that the days of sending certified copies of documents is over and they now will accept scans - so master this skill

Good luck to all those patiently waiting

Cheers

Veronique and Bazza

Good luck to everyone still waiting for things to happen

Edited by Barry001

Many congratulations and thanks for the detailed timeline of your experience.

Valuable information to those of us,wasting away in the queue!

Where are you heading to?

Best wishes

Steve

Hi Steve we are heading for Perth. Have yet to sell our house but hopefully it won't take too long.

Edited by noworriesmate

Hi,

i am about to send our visa application to Australia. Please can anyone advise me on the best way to send it to get there quickly and safely? Is a courier service best and if so who have people used? Thanks x

Hi Ruth

We sent ours to our son by Post Office "signed for" for him to attach his form 40 and then he sent it by Auspost Courier service; as he lives in Perth it was delivered in about 1 and 1/2 hours.

Hope this helps.

Best of luck

Steve

Hi,

i am about to send our visa application to Australia. Please can anyone advise me on the best way to send it to get there quickly and safely? Is a courier service best and if so who have people used? Thanks x

When sending anything to Australia now I use Parcelflight.co.uk. I also used them to send documents to Perth IMMI. Cost was £25. They are very fast and prices are competitive. I find Australia Post to be very slow and I'm almost sure that they don't honour the "signed for" bit. Hope whatever method you choose get your stuff there quickly.

Cheers, Val

Hi everyone

whoopee, received our visa 143 grant letter today

Time line:

14 June 2013 Application lodged with Perth immi

28 June 2013 1st vac (A$2060) taken by creditcard

7 th September 2013 Acknowledgement received with dates to complete UK police checks and Medicals and to complete form 80 immediately

18 September 2013 Sent scanned copies of Form 80 to Perth immi

15 March 2014 Requested HAP(health assessment portal) Id numbers

20 March 2014 Received HAP Id numbers from Perth immi

15 May 2014 Received UK police check certificates @£45 each

26 June 2014 Completed Medicals @£270 each

Late June 2014 Daughter completed AOS application

16 July 2014 AOS approved and A$14000 paid

8 January 2015 CO assigned (whilst in OZ)with request for scanned copies UK police check certificate and were asked to apply for Australia Federal Police clearance certificates because we had spent more than 365 days in OZ in the last 10 years (actually spent 368 days in Oz but they wouldn't waive it for the sake of 3 days) They also asked for passport bio data scans, which we knew we had sent ,our marriage certificate, which they couldn't trace as having received and the Forms 80 scans

10 January 2015 Perth immi said they had found evidence of receiving forms 80 but couldn't locate them (they had not been placed on file)and had found the passport

bio data scans - fortunately email and forms attachments were on our files so just sent again

13 January 2015 Back in UK - Set about applying for AFP clearance certificates online and sent scan of the "missing" marriage certificate

27 January 2015 AFP certs scanned and sent to Perth immi

10 February 2015 Request for 2nd VAC , A$84440, and sent by daughter on 12th

16 February 2015 Visas 143 granted

The visa grant letter sets out the date by which one must complete your initial entry into OZ and we were quoted 14 August 2015 but based on the fact that our UK police check certificate was dated 15 May 2014 we expected the latest date to make our intitial entry would be 15 May 2015

Does anyone know if the rules have been changed recently ?

We have sent an email to Perth immi to clarify this point

It seems that the days of sending certified copies of documents is over and they now will accept scans - so master this skill

Good luck to all those patiently waiting

Cheers

Veronique and Bazza

Good luck to everyone still waiting for things to happen

re initial entry date in above post

Reply from Perth immi - Quote "The initial entry date was extended by 3 months as per our policy to allow for more time for you to make an initial entry into Australia on your new visa"

One learns a little more each day of the workings of the Immigration service

cheers

Edited by Barry001

re initial entry date in above post

Reply from Perth immi - Quote "The initial entry date was extended by 3 months as per our policy to allow for more time for you to make an initial entry into Australia on your new visa"

One learns a little more each day of the workings of the Immigration service

cheers

Very interesting - thanks for the update

Regards

Steve

When sending anything to Australia now I use Parcelflight.co.uk. I also used them to send documents to Perth IMMI. Cost was £25. They are very fast and prices are competitive. I find Australia Post to be very slow and I'm almost sure that they don't honour the "signed for" bit. Hope whatever method you choose get your stuff there quickly.

Cheers, Val

Thanks Val, presumably Parcelflight counts as a courier service so the application needs to go to the Wellington Street address and not the Locked bag?

Thanks Val, presumably Parcelflight counts as a courier service so the application needs to go to the Wellington Street address and not the Locked bag?

Hi Ruth, If its your first application then won't your son/daughter also have a form to send with the application? If so, then I'd courier the documents to their address then they can forward the whole thing to Perth. We used a migration agent for our first application (173) so my daughter had to send her form to the agent in Birmingham. Rules have changed now so some of us who already have our visas often don't know how to advise new applicants.

You'll get there in the end!

Good luck, Val

Hi Ruth, If its your first application then won't your son/daughter also have a form to send with the application? If so, then I'd courier the documents to their address then they can forward the whole thing to Perth. We used a migration agent for our first application (173) so my daughter had to send her form to the agent in Birmingham. Rules have changed now so some of us who already have our visas often don't know how to advise new applicants.

You'll get there in the end!

Good luck, Val

Hi Val

Yes as I put in my earlier response to Ruth, immi say to send your sponsors form 40 together with the application, I believe this is the case for either the 143 or 173 visas.

Regards

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Hi Val,

my son has completed the Form 40 and is forwarding it onto me to put everything together and get it to Perth. I'm a control freak so wanted to know that everything was in the parcel and that it was my responsibility to make sure nothing was forgotten! We are not using an agent but I was just a bit confused as to what counted as a courier but am assuming that any private company probably is,

thanks,

Ruth

hii, everyone. Guys its really a frustrating news for the applicants of 173 and 143. Our agent just informed us that the aus govt has reduced the quota for providing visa for these categories from 30000 to 20000per year. Now it takes for almost 22 to 24 months for grant of visa for those who applied after june 2013. we r also in that category as our lodgement date for 173 is 11 sept 2013. This wait is really frustrating. Although paying too much fee, waiting time is also too much . What a great coincidence...This is not fair for them.Also autoreply provides same dates as that of one month ago.

hii, everyone. Guys its really a frustrating news for the applicants of 173 and 143. Our agent just informed us that the aus govt has reduced the quota for providing visa for these categories from 30000 to 20000per year. Now it takes for almost 22 to 24 months for grant of visa for those who applied after june 2013. we r also in that category as our lodgement date for 173 is 11 sept 2013. This wait is really frustrating. Although paying too much fee, waiting time is also too much . What a great coincidence...This is not fair for them.Also autoreply provides same dates as that of one month ago.

Hi

i don't understand where your agent gets those numbers from. The Australian IMMI site which was last updated on 13 Feb 15 clearly states that the annual allocation for 103 is 1500 and 143 is 7175 for the 2015 year. I wish it was 20,000!

The auto reply has not been working properly since January and when you do get a reply it is out of date as you say by about a month.

Can you tell us where your Agent is getting this info from?

Julie

I would be very worried about your agent and what they're telling you. Read the following official info about program numbers:

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statistics/statistical-info/visa-grants/migrant.htm

I submitted my 143 visa in December 2013 Does anyone know the waiting period before I am assigned a case officer and also once assigned how long does it take for a decision when the visa is granted. Then how long do I have before I need to get over there? I have balance of family and meet all the criteria. I have already got my police check and medical. I have just read that the time has increased from 18 months to 22/ 24 months waiting.

many thanks

I submitted my 143 visa in December 2013 Does anyone know the waiting period before I am assigned a case officer and also once assigned how long does it take for a decision when the visa is granted. Then how long do I have before I need to get over there? I have balance of family and meet all the criteria. I have already got my police check and medical. I have just read that the time has increased from 18 months to 22/ 24 months waiting.

many thanks

Hi Sylvia

My post on page 483 may be of help

Cheers

Hi folks,

I'm going completely "off piste" here but does anyone know anything about health care once we arrive in Oz? I do know we could get private medical insurance and that its fairly expensive but what about just the general cost of a visit to a GP or perhaps blood pressure/statin prescription costs? What is Medicare and are we permanent resident visa holders entitled to access this? We are 61 & 58.

After long discussions we think its probably time to reduce our house again and try to sell asap so we can be there by our summer. This stuff that we don't fully understand is going to keep me awake if I can't get my head around it.

Perhaps someone who has actually made the move and is settled could answer me questions........

Thanking you in advance,

Regards, Val