Guest guest36187

Hi Steve

Great news mate delighted for you, as you say your patience has been rewarded. I'm looking forward to join the acknowledged crew in the next couple of weeks. Then try to forget it for a while, but still keep watching the £ vs $ as they say every cloud has a silver lining.

The sunshine and the family are a little bit closer.

regards

Joe

Cheers Joe

You'll be joining in our queue soon.

The exchange rate is very interesting.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve2,

My mum received her acknowledgement letter this morning. I thought that she would be given a timeline of when the documents are required from her but I'm guessing that I'm wrong. The letter pretty much just acknowledged her application? Is that right? When will she know when she needs to submit her documents?

Cheers Joe

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve2,

My mum received her acknowledgement letter this morning. I thought that she would be given a timeline of when the documents are required from her but I'm guessing that I'm wrong. The letter pretty much just acknowledged her application? Is that right? When will she know when she needs to submit her documents?

Hi

Out of interest when did your mum lodge her application?

From previous postings on this forum many people, before we lodged, did get a timeline on their acknowledgements but it would appear that many of us now are not being given this information for some reason.

It would be helpful if immi gave us these dates to assist us all with forward planning.

Perhaps an RMA on this forum has some insight on this matter for us all?

Sorry I can't give you the answer we all want to hear.

Best of luck

Steve

Hi

Out of interest when did your mum lodge her application?

From previous postings on this forum many people, before we lodged, did get a timeline on their acknowledgements but it would appear that many of us now are not being given this information for some reason.

It would be helpful if immi gave us these dates to assist us all with forward planning.

Perhaps an RMA on this forum has some insight on this matter for us all?

Sorry I can't give you the answer we all want to hear.

Best of luck

Steve

Good grief Steve, you're expecting a lot from IMMI with your forward planning! Back in 2010 when we applied we got nothing until a case officer emailed to say we had 28 in which to get our medicals, police checks and AoS sorted. There was a five week wait for an appointment at the Manchester medical clinic and Brisbane Centrelink took at least 6 weeks! We had to keep writing to beg for extra time (which we always got) but it was a scary time.

One day you will be lounging about with a beer in your hand and laugh your head off thinking about the stress you went through to get your visa!

Cheers, Val

Hi Steve,

Her application was lodged on 9th July so not long after yours. I'm guessing your letter was pretty generic as well? Just a basic summary of the applicant's name, address, Spouse etc? Ie. no timeline given?

Yes that's all I got and others received very similar I believe.

Good grief Steve, you're expecting a lot from IMMI with your forward planning! Back in 2010 when we applied we got nothing until a case officer emailed to say we had 28 in which to get our medicals, police checks and AoS sorted. There was a five week wait for an appointment at the Manchester medical clinic and Brisbane Centrelink took at least 6 weeks! We had to keep writing to beg for extra time (which we always got) but it was a scary time.

One day you will be lounging about with a beer in your hand and laugh your head off thinking about the stress you went through to get your visa!

Cheers, Val

Hi Val

Yep perhaps I'm being optimistic but without optimism in this process what else do we have?

Cheers to that beer!!

Steve

Guest geordie joe
Cheers Joe

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

We've joined the queue, just in from work to find the email had arrived today, nice feeling to finally see the acknowledgement letter.

Regards

Joe

Hi Steve,

We've joined the queue, just in from work to find the email had arrived today, nice feeling to finally see the acknowledgement letter.

Regards

Joe

Great news Joe!

Welcome to our queue!!

I assume you have no timeline nor the dreaded form 80 request?

Think after all this we'll have to meet up in Perth for a cold one?!

Cheers mate

Steve

Guest geordie joe
Great news Joe!

Welcome to our queue!!

I assume you have no timeline nor the dreaded form 80 request?

Think after all this we'll have to meet up in Perth for a cold one?!

Cheers mate

Steve

A cold one sound good Steve, yeah same as everyone else no timeline.

Just realised when updating my time line it's Friday the 13th, but I'm in the queue and I don't care what date it is.

Joe

A cold one sound good Steve, yeah same as everyone else no timeline.

Just realised when updating my time line it's Friday the 13th, but I'm in the queue and I don't care what date it is.

Joe

Congratulations Joe on getting one step nearer. we are all waiting now for Amanda to post her next update. As far as I can see Amanda is the only one on the forum who's just in front of us all. no pressure then!!!!!

Julie

Guest geordie joe
Congratulations Joe, it's a really nice feeling isn't it :smile:

Best wishes

maisie

hi Maisie, thanks, you're right nice making that next step.

regards

Joe

Guest geordie joe
Congratulations Joe on getting one step nearer. we are all waiting now for Amanda to post her next update. As far as I can see Amanda is the only one on the forum who's just in front of us all. no pressure then!!!!!

Julie

hi Julie

Thanks, yeah come on Amanda you're holding us all up.

Joe

Thanks, Steve. Yes, I can see why everyone dreads form 80! I've had a quick look just now but will print it out and start filling it in then I'll have a head start.

That's a good idea Summerskybird, it's a bit funny really when you think about it! The older you get the worse your memory becomes and here we are trying to fill in forms where you need to remember back to your birth!! I've been working since I was 15 and had a few jobs over the years so we really had to rack our brains. Plus IMMI don't like blanks I'm told, you have to fill all the gaps.

Good luck

maisie

Julie

Haha, Julie, trust me, when I know, you'll all know :-) So, I'll update you all in, shall we say, about 8 or 9 months? I'd be amazed if it's sooner! I was thinking yesterday though, I may not be the first, we're all close in dates, and maybe some CO's are faster than others. Time will tell......

All the best,

Amanda

That's a good idea Summerskybird, it's a bit funny really when you think about it! The older you get the worse your memory becomes and here we are trying to fill in forms where you need to remember back to your birth!! I've been working since I was 15 and had a few jobs over the years so we really had to rack our brains. Plus IMMI don't like blanks I'm told, you have to fill all the gaps.

Good luck

maisie

Do you think they will accept "various places of work" during a short period with dates given? Also I can't remember every holiday with dates.

Do you think they will accept "various places of work" during a short period with dates given? Also I can't remember every holiday with dates.

I think I put a period of "temping jobs" somewhere on my form. I doubt they would scrutinize every single week of your life! Well, at least I would hope not!

Don't forget to make copies in case they ask you questions later.......lol!

Val

I think I put a period of "temping jobs" somewhere on my form. I doubt they would scrutinize every single week of your life! Well, at least I would hope not!

Don't forget to make copies in case they ask you questions later.......lol!

Val

LOL - we've made copies of everything, got a houseful of copies LOL

We also put on the form 'dates are to the best of my recollection'

best wishes

maisie

Guest shomato

Hi, is recently started the ball rolling in regards to taking my child to live in Australia. I have visited now on three separate occasions and have been planning the move now for 7 years. During this time I met someone and we had a son, the father was willing to come to australia with me and my family but we Grew apart and split up before we had the opportunity to go. I have recently completed a course and have the experience and qualifications to go over. I have a sponsor and a place to live, a school and paediatrician/dentis, A local athletics club and have taken my small one to see the area (which he loved and exexpressed a wish to live there on several occasion) my parents are also moving out to Aus and have been planning there move for 14 years, they have continually seen my son now every week and had him overnight each week also. He has a great relationship with my parents and I feel that this should really be stressed because they have really supported us since the split three years ago. There is no bitterness between myself and the other parent and we talk regularly and little one has a seamless transition between us. I wanted to know if anyone was in or has been in a similar situation and can tell me What to expect. I know I could give my son a great life in Australia surrounded by family and give him a much better start out there but I also am really worried about how this will play out in court. His dad has been by no means perfect and on paper has not been the best either but I want to stress that I will be pushing to keep this relationship going and contributing to his father flying out to see him once a year and coming back to the uk whenever possible. Sorry for the big One. X