Guest guest36187

WHOOPEE Acknowledgement letter received this morning from IMMI. They must be doing a night shift! Same as you Amanda no dates given for Meds or Police reports (very disappointing as we now have to second guess what that will be). letter states not to send any info unless requested. We have to wait for case officer to contact us. There is an interesting attachment about service satisfaction that leads us to the IMMI page for feedback to either compliment, complain or make a suggestion........Hmmm perhaps later don't want to jeopardise my application.

Julie

It's easy enough to do yourself. You will get an acknowledgement of receipt & then nothing further until ready to process, which with 103 will obviously be a long time so be prepared to let it go.

Same with Meds & further Documents. They'll contact you by phone & email.

for those applying for 143- my instructions for dates of Meds/Police checks came one year after applying- then was given a further 4 months to complete.

Hi Freesia

thks for the info regarding 143 meds/police checks. That's reassuring to hear that you were contacted later and not with the acknowledgement letter. So sounds like I'll be contacted in June of this year - fingers crossed.

Julie

WHOOPEE Acknowledgement letter received this morning from IMMI. They must be doing a night shift! Same as you Amanda no dates given for Meds or Police reports (very disappointing as we now have to second guess what that will be). letter states not to send any info unless requested. We have to wait for case officer to contact us. There is an interesting attachment about service satisfaction that leads us to the IMMI page for feedback to either compliment, complain or make a suggestion........Hmmm perhaps later don't want to jeopardise my application.

Julie

Hi Julie, YAY!!!! Excellent to hear you received yours now - although with no dates too (I wonder if this means no dreaded Form 80 as they seem to give a lot more notice for that - time will only tell). I think I read somewhere that we're given about 4 months to get the rest of the documents in order once a case officer contacts us, but don't hold me to that please - I've read so much, I'm not sure what I've remembered correctly anymore! I guess by being on here we'll have an idea of when to expect to hear more from others who lodged before us. At least we're on "step two" now as I call it. Thank goodness for this forum!

Amanda

Now I know where I read about the 4 months (above) - only just saw this again - it's still early morning/still waking up haha...

Edited by AmandaJB

Hi Amanda

Yep, early morning, had to scroll thro previous entries on this site to re assure myself of the info. A very big THANK YOU to everyone who posts on here particularly those further on than us, for giving advice, info and general hand holding and getting us through the procedure of emigrating. Hope to do the same for those following on behind.

Julie

Julie

Hi Julie

Great news that you have your acknowledgement = they seem to have moved the goalposts with regard to giving a timeline on the acknowledgement as I am sure I have read on here many times that this was the procedure.

Perhaps they are trying to speed up the acknowledgement process by doing the timeline later now?

BUT it would be very helpful to know what our timelines are.

Like your comment re feedback - tempting isn't it??!!

Good luck - we're not far behind you!

Steve

Guest geordie joe

Julie

Great news Julie, looks like they have got their act together, I know the feedback page must be very tempting but I think you're right to leave it for now.

Joe

Great news Amanda, feels great to get it doesn't it :-) .... another step forward x

Just out of interest, we went through Moneycorp this morning and got $1.92.61

best wishes

maisie

Hi

I'm torn between using Moneycorp or Halo.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Steve

Julie

Great news Julie, so pleased for you - think I'd leave the feedback until I'd got my visa too LOL.

Thought this might help:

We lodged 09/04/14 and our acknowledgement said we could apply for police checks from 09/02/15 and medical checks from 09/04/15. From advise we've received we are going to apply later because of the 12 months rule. AOS (as in my daughter contacting them) was also after 09/04/15. We have also been required to fill in the dreaded form 80 - that was fun!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you all

Maisie

Guest geordie joe
Hi

I'm torn between using Moneycorp or Halo.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve,

I have used moneycorp 3 times sending money to the kids, no problems in setting up the account which made it easier the second and third time I sent funds. I didn't shop around so not sure if I could have found a better rate at the time, opted for simplicity.

Joe

hello everyone..i am new to this thread. my parents are applying for CVP visa 143 but i want to know what will be their medicare options as my mother is on psychiatric medicine and my father is on insulin.

one more query what will be their option of getting social security payment after 10 years as mentioned on immi siteas both of them are retired?

regards

When your parents are granted their visa they will be entitled to full Medicare rights. They will have to pay for their prescriptions though , but may be entitled to a Commonwelath Seniors Health card after 2 years, which gives discounted prescriptions. You might want to take some advice as to whether they would both pass the medical. And yes, after 10 years they would be entitled to an Australian state pension, but this is means tested.

Edited by Bridgeman

Dependency is automatically assumed while the child is under 18 unless they are currently married, engaged to be married or in a de facto relationship. For 18 onwards, the child can be any age but they must have been wholly or substantially reliant on the main applicant for their basic needs (food, clothing and shelter) for at least the last 12 months and that dependency must continue until the visa is granted. If 18 or over, it's much easier to prove dependency if they are a full time student though a part time job for pocket money is acceptable. Solid evidence of dependency is required.

Hi

Yes, I got the auto reply this morning after weeks of trying and they have not updated it! Apparently they are still acknowledging 143 for 1st June 2014, well I got my acknowledgement last week and lodged 21st June. I don't think we'll get a clear picture until they' ve got this Backlog of June 14 out of the way.

Julie

Hi

Yes, I got the auto reply this morning after weeks of trying and they have not updated it! Apparently they are still acknowledging 143 for 1st June 2014, well I got my acknowledgement last week and lodged 21st June. I don't think we'll get a clear picture until they' ve got this Backlog of June 14 out of the way.

Julie

Hi Julie

Yes I got that auto reply.

Impressed - not!!

Is it a case of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing?

Cheers

Steve

If my memory is correct, the reason there is a backlog from June 2014 is most probably because the visa fees always increase on July 1st and everybody rushes to get their applications in before then.

Hope this gives those of you a much needed reason.................Val