Guest guest36187

Guest geordie joe
Wheyyyyheyyyyyy visa granted 06/01/15. Just the flight to book now then off to OZ.

Great news, fantastic way to start the new year, congratulations now get those flights booked and get out of here. As Steve says none of us in the queue are jealous, but hey one more grant moves the rest of us up one more place.

Wheyyyyheyyyyyy visa granted 06/01/15. Just the flight to book now then off to OZ.

Oh, well done Cass, that was quick for the visa grant. At least you knew your checks etc has been received when they asked for the 2nd VAC. We sent the final papers that they asked for yesterday, but are very nervous as to whether they have gone through. Looking at your experience with the 2nd VAC request, it looks as if we won't run over their 28 days.

All the very best wishes for your new adventure.

I think the amount of days on the tracker from acknowledgement to case officer is going to be a bit confusing in the coming months because of the delays it went through between Lodgement to acknowledgment. Ours took six months so will be difficult to compare as the tracker doesn't show lodgement date in that section.

You are absolutely right MaisieD, have often wondered why they don't have lodgement date as well. Our acknowledgement only took about two/three months, so we were lucky.

Oh, well done Cass, that was quick for the visa grant. At least you knew your checks etc has been received when they asked for the 2nd VAC. We sent the final papers that they asked for yesterday, but are very nervous as to whether they have gone through. Looking at your experience with the 2nd VAC request, it looks as if we won't run over their 28 days.

All the very best wishes for your new adventure.

just to clarify ref. The 2nd vac if it helps anyone, we transferred the funds over to our AOS sponsor so the cash were in oz in advance of request, a bank draft was drawn from an oz bank which appears to have been as good as a cash payment judging by the speed of process.

they stated on the request if you pay via international bank cheque expect it to take 28 days to clear the cheque.

this also avoided the credit card charges and we were able to get a pretty good exchange rate.

we got $1.855 to GBP which was near the recent highs. On the 2nd vac fee each $0.01 fluctuation was making a difference of $1000.00

Would have loved to get the recent $1.90 rate wasnt expecting that rate until later this year, thats the curecncy markets for you.

Edited by Cass1e04
  • Like 1

I echo those sentiments 100%!!

Me too Steve, it's good to see progress! My original "receipt" e-mail from Perth mentioned the formal acknowledgement letter would take about 5 months, but my last TEST e-mail to them (1 Dec 2014) responded with advice that it is now approximately 6 months, I'm moving towards 7 months now though with our lodgement date of 18 June 2014. Perhaps the Christmas break has held things up further. Has anyone received their formal acknowledgement, and if so, what was your lodgement date please (CPV 143)?

Cheers,

Amanda

Me too Steve, it's good to see progress! My original "receipt" e-mail from Perth mentioned the formal acknowledgement letter would take about 5 months, but my last TEST e-mail to them (1 Dec 2014) responded with advice that it is now approximately 6 months, I'm moving towards 7 months now though with our lodgement date of 18 June 2014. Perhaps the Christmas break has held things up further. Has anyone received their formal acknowledgement, and if so, what was your lodgement date please (CPV 143)?

Cheers,

Amanda

Hi Amanda

The Test email from Immi yesterday stated that they had a 7 month backlog and that they were dealing witH acknowledgements for 28th May 2014. sounds more like an 8 month delay to me...

Julie

Hi Amanda

The Test email from Immi yesterday stated that they had a 7 month backlog and that they were dealing witH acknowledgements for 28th May 2014. sounds more like an 8 month delay to me...

Julie

Thanks Julie, another month perhaps for us then. Hopefully this won't lengthen the total time, but I'm not going to get my hopes up!

Amanda

Thanks Julie, another month perhaps for us then. Hopefully this won't lengthen the total time, but I'm not going to get my hopes up!

Amanda

Hi All

With regard to the acknowledgement letter, does anyone know exactly what it says, do we get an indication of when we might be expected to have medical and police report or is it just another letter and another long wait?

Sorry to sound fed up, but starting to our last week in Melbourne now and not looking forward to the long long wait before we can return again!

Julie

Thanks all for your kind words and support over the last year.

flight booked and of to OZ on monday with Cathay Pacific.

just a tip on flights dont book with an internet comparison site, cant trust what they tell you to score the sale, they booked us quoting a baggage allowance and when we checked with the airline they had mis-sold, we would have got greeted at the airport with an extra £600 excess baggage charges , you only find the truth once you get the tickets. Takes the them 30 seconds to take your money then 3 days to refund because of mis selling.

if you contact airlines direct they sell a discounted migrant ticket with a full 40 k each baggage allowance plus cabin carry on and it was cheaper than any deal we could find on the internet.

Cassie

Hi Amanda

Julie

Got my Case Officer today for 143. :). My lodgement date was 20th June 14 - previously applied 103 June 13... So 19m ( & a bit longer while I do AFP check )

Hi All

With regard to the acknowledgement letter, does anyone know exactly what it says, do we get an indication of when we might be expected to have medical and police report or is it just another letter and another long wait?

Sorry to sound fed up, but starting to our last week in Melbourne now and not looking forward to the long long wait before we can return again!

Julie

Hi Julie

Our acknowledgement letter advised dates after which we could get our police checks and medicals, so at the moment we are counting the days until we can do that. Good luck to you

Maisie

Hi Maisie

Thanks for the info, now I can get a feel for what is happening. I noticed that you lodged in April 2014, if you don't mind me asking, what date are they suggesting for medicals etc? Trying to get a timescale of when to start marketing the house.....

Julie

Hi there,

Well depending on where you live, it might be an idea to do something now. Our visa is already 2 years old and we are still here with an unsold house.

Hope all goes well for you!

Regards, Val

Hi there,

Well depending on where you live, it might be an idea to do something now. Our visa is already 2 years old and we are still here with an unsold house.

Hope all goes well for you!

Regards, Val

Yes it's tricky thinking about the timing, we have to rely on our sale to fund the second vac.

Hi Maisie

Thanks for the info, now I can get a feel for what is happening. I noticed that you lodged in April 2014, if you don't mind me asking, what date are they suggesting for medicals etc? Trying to get a timescale of when to start marketing the house.....

Julie

Hi Julie,

Our paperwork said Police Checks after February 9th and Medicals after April 9th. It depends on when you are hoping to get out there as the police checks and medicals are only valid for a year and you don't really want to pay for them twice. We will get them done a bit nearer the time.

Like Vava has said, house sales are pretty slow around my part of the country and ours went on the market last February, so we are nearly a year in.

Steve 2 - we have to sell our house too to fund the 2nd vac!

Hi Julie,

Our paperwork said Police Checks after February 9th and Medicals after April 9th. It depends on when you are hoping to get out there as the police checks and medicals are only valid for a year and you don't really want to pay for them twice. We will get them done a bit nearer the time.

Like Vava has said, house sales are pretty slow around my part of the country and ours went on the market last February, so we are nearly a year in.

Steve 2 - we have to sell our house too to fund the 2nd vac!

Hi Maisie,

Thanks for the date info re the medicals and police checks. I think I have read previously that it is best to wait for a case officer before providing those docs, in case of further delays in the process (and due to the 12 month validity mentioned earlier). It's a bit confusing if they give advice on the acknowledgement letter with dates so close, (assuming they mentioned Feb and April 2015) and others have said to wait for CO before applying for PC and medical. That's the main thing I'm confused about in the process to be honest, when to take those steps.

Good luck with the house sale!

Amanda

Goodness Cassie, how organised are you then, getting a flight so quickly? Wishing you all the best in your new adventure. Is your heart in your mouth? Mine is a bit, as I am just behind you

Well, Vava, we sold our house within a very short time, so guess we have been lucky this time. Unlike previous houses which have taken at least 18 months to sell! Just hang in there.

Amanda, as of last year, Immi changed the 'what to do and when' times. We followed more or less what dates they asked us to do the police checks, medicals and AOS, so far is seems to be working ok. Our police checks and passport details were requested by email last week. The medicals are sent direct by the clinic you attend. So the last hurdle is paying the 2nd VAC, money already over in Aus and our daughter will pay it (that is unless she decides to go on a round the world trip with the money haha ).

It's very interesting reading the posts on here, particularly when the light is showing at the end of the tunnel!

Not sure if I have put this in the right place and apologies if I have interrupted this thread but can someone please help me with health cover for aged parent UK citizen health cover. The parent migration booklet says even applicants from RHCA countries need private health cover whilst on a bridging visa even though they have the limited medicare. Is there a top up insurance policy someone can recommend? Or had experience of this? It could get pricey! Thanks

Not sure if I have put this in the right place and apologies if I have interrupted this thread but can someone please help me with health cover for aged parent UK citizen health cover. The parent migration booklet says even applicants from RHCA countries need private health cover whilst on a bridging visa even though they have the limited medicare. Is there a top up insurance policy someone can recommend? Or had experience of this? It could get pricey! Thanks

I'd re-read the booklet.

I'm not aware of any requirement to have private health cover when holding a BV as an Aged Parent visa applicant.

It is prudent to have such cover, but isn't a condition attaching to the issuing of a BV.

Best regards.

I'd re-read the booklet.

I'm not aware of any requirement to have private health cover when holding a BV as an Aged Parent visa applicant.

It is prudent to have such cover, but isn't a condition attaching to the issuing of a BV.

Best regards.

Hi Alan

I looked again and it definately says that - so has anyone had experience of this? I would rather pay as I go and risk it rather than pay the huge premiums - my parents are luckily pretty healthy at the moment despite being late 70s.

"Parent visa applicants need to take out private health insurance for the entire time they

are in Australia while waiting a decision on their parent visa application. This is the case

even for those parent visa applicants who are citizens of an RHCA country as they will

not have full Medicare coverage."