Guest guest36187

Is there anyone out there who is or has gone through applying onshore for a subclass 804 visa? this is the only afforable way open to my wife and I.

We are aware that a visa may never be granted due to the long waiting list, this is not an issue to us.

We meet the balance of family test but will never have enough money to pay for contributory parent visas. I am aged 67 years so I guess I am now an aged person, I have UK state pension and some private pensions, my wife will receive her pensions in 2017. I know that my UK state pension will be frozen but my private pensions will not be.

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has or is doing this and is willing to share their experiences so far.

Thanks folks

Greg

Is there anyone out there who is or has gone through applying onshore for a subclass 804 visa? this is the only afforable way open to my wife and I.

We are aware that a visa may never be granted due to the long waiting list, this is not an issue to us.

We meet the balance of family test but will never have enough money to pay for contributory parent visas. I am aged 67 years so I guess I am now an aged person, I have UK state pension and some private pensions, my wife will receive her pensions in 2017. I know that my UK state pension will be frozen but my private pensions will not be.

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has or is doing this and is willing to share their experiences so far.

Thanks folks

Greg

There used to be a separate thread on this somewhere on here, but it would be a bit old now after the visas were withdrawn but may have started up again when they were reinstated. If you do a search on here for 804 or aged parent visa I am sure it will come up. I assume you are aware that there may only be a small window of opportunity to apply for this visa as the government will probably try to withdraw them again in a few months.

Hello Parents

This mornings test email to Immi advises those applications lodged on 22 May 14 now being assessed, still a 6 month backlog on all applications lodged from Mayto Dec this year. they seem to have sorted out the receipting side as it''s at 8 Dec. I'm currently sitting in our rental property in Mt Martha watching a huge flock of cockatoos doing their morning fly by. the exchange rate has gone over 1.90 this morning and I just wish we were here permanently. the recce is going great, prices in the supermarket not too bad, meat is high quality and cheap, lemons and peppers are expensive - better grow my own! Sat on Balnarring Beach yesterday and within 5 mins a pod of dolphins were swimming by. We met up with some members of a local classic car club and they couldn't have been more welcoming - what's not to like? Oh yes the TV channels.......ugh

Six weeks left on our holiday then back home, get the house spruced up and get it on the market.

Julie

Guest geordie joe
Hello Parents

This mornings test email to Immi advises those applications lodged on 22 May 14 now being assessed, still a 6 month backlog on all applications lodged from Mayto Dec this year. they seem to have sorted out the receipting side as it''s at 8 Dec. I'm currently sitting in our rental property in Mt Martha watching a huge flock of cockatoos doing their morning fly by. the exchange rate has gone over 1.90 this morning and I just wish we were here permanently. the recce is going great, prices in the supermarket not too bad, meat is high quality and cheap, lemons and peppers are expensive - better grow my own! Sat on Balnarring Beach yesterday and within 5 mins a pod of dolphins were swimming by. We met up with some members of a local classic car club and they couldn't have been more welcoming - what's not to like? Oh yes the TV channels.......ugh

Six weeks left on our holiday then back home, get the house spruced up and get it on the market.

Julie

Sounds fabulous Julie, and who needs TV when you're greeted with your very own wildlife programme outside your front door.

Guest 123smilezzz

Hi everyone,

Here's a quick update on my parents visa application. I found it extremely useful that the readers here post their application progress and dates which allow us to anticipate pretty closely when it is our turn.

PCV class 143

submitted 07/05/2013

AOS and health check were done in late 2013

request of remaining documents via emails 21/11/2014

we were away so could only emailed through our papers on Sunday night 07/12/2014

within 3 days we got a direct phone call from immi advising us that they'd send through the request for second instalment.

The officer on the phone was very nice, asking if we need extension (18/03/2015) to organise our home overseas.

she said it would take about 1-2 days to issue visa once the cheque is received.

now I just need to sort out the cheque, hopefully my parents can be in Adelaide for the new year!

Cheers

123smilezzz

Hi everyone,

Here's a quick update on my parents visa application. I found it extremely useful that the readers here post their application progress and dates which allow us to anticipate pretty closely when it is our turn.

PCV class 143

submitted 07/05/2013

we were away so could only emailed through our papers on Sunday night 07/12/2014

within 3 days we got a direct phone call from immi advising us that they'd send through the request for second instalment.

The officer on the phone was very nice, asking if we need extension (18/03/2015) to organise our home overseas.

she said it would take about 1-2 days to issue visa once the cheque is received.

now I just need to sort out the cheque, hopefully my parents can be in Adelaide for the new year!

Cheers

123smilezzz

That's great news! Have they relaxed the 12 month rule on the medicals and police checks now? When we applied they wouldn't let us do those until they we about to ask for the last instalment. No wonder some of us get confused.com!

Hope your parents' journey is smooth from here!

Regards, Val

Guest 123smilezzz
That's great news! Have they relaxed the 12 month rule on the medicals and police checks now? When we applied they wouldn't let us do those until they we about to ask for the last instalment. No wonder some of us get confused.com!

Regards, Val

Thanks vava :-)

I think they have relaxed the rule as you said.

We mistakenly did the Australian NPC and health check late 2013. When I asked immi earlier this year, they said it may be considered when they assessed our application.

My parents did not visit Australia for a few years. We supplied Aus NPC 2013 and one-month-old NPC from our home country. No mention of Health check (at least 14 months old).

They did ask me to sign form 956a for the sponsor to be the authorized correspondent.

All scanned originals were accepted.

Cheers,

123smilezzz

Hi everyone,

PCV class 143

submitted 07/05/2013

Cheers

123smilezzz

Congratulations

We are also All done apart from the 2nd vac payment which they should be requesting any time now . Cash allready in oz to be paid.

hoping to be on the way 2nd week Jan.

last xmas is UK coming up.

Hi everyone,

PCV class 143

submitted 07/05/2013

Cheers

123smilezzz

Hello Smilezzz. So were you able to email the police checks through to immi? I thought the originals were needed. Maybe the rules have changed yet again!! Very exciting for you all. Every good wish.

Regards, Val

Another family on the way - brilliant news!

Vava, when we received our acknowledgement through it said we could apply for our police checks after Feb 9th 2015 and our medicals after 9th April. We're going to leave it until the end of April beginning of May to do both. Our lodgement was 9 April 2014.

Maisiedaisy

Guest 123smilezzz

Hi Carob

Thank you for your well wishes.

I spoke to someone who had their visa granted a couple of months ago, they did have to send through the originals.

For me, the letter clearly states that all documents are to be sent via email to avoid delay. Originals may be asked subsequently (but they didn't). Within three days of receiving all supplementary docs, immi called to advised pre-visa grant and 2nd VAC. No questions about the scanned docs.

The health exam results were sent directly from the clinic so we didn't have to do anything with it.

I suggest you keep electronic copies of your documents handy as in my case I was away for 2 weeks (got immi email when I got off my flight interstate) and didn't have them with me, so could only submit the docs 2 weeks later.

Hope that helps :)

123smilezzz

Another family on the way - brilliant news!

Vava, when we received our acknowledgement through it said we could apply for our police checks after Feb 9th 2015 and our medicals after 9th April. We're going to leave it until the end of April beginning of May to do both. Our lodgement was 9 April 2014.

Maisiedaisy

I'd be careful about arranging medicals and police clearances only 12 months after lodgement of the visa application, when overall processing times continue to be closer to 22 months.

Rather, I'd await a request from a case officer.

Medicals and penal checks continue to have a 12 month validity, so you could find yourself with a limited period to enter Australia if you arrange them too early.

Best regards.

Hi Carob

Thank you for your well wishes.

I spoke to someone who had their visa granted a couple of months ago, they did have to send through the originals.

For me, the letter clearly states that all documents are to be sent via email to avoid delay. Originals may be asked subsequently (but they didn't). Within three days of receiving all supplementary docs, immi called to advised pre-visa grant and 2nd VAC. No questions about the scanned docs.

The health exam results were sent directly from the clinic so we didn't have to do anything with it.

I suggest you keep electronic copies of your documents handy as in my case I was away for 2 weeks (got immi email when I got off my flight interstate) and didn't have them with me, so could only submit the docs 2 weeks later.

Hope that helps :)

123smilezzz

Super, thanks for the info. although as we lodged after you I am sure there is no mention in our letter of being able o do police checks electronically, although Alan Collett has confirmed this is now the case. Yippee, so much easier. Yes I knew the medicals were sent directly, thanks. Luckily already have scanned copies of just about everything. Just wish we knew how to print money!

Best wishes for your future. Carob

Yes, the Parents Visa Centre has now moved into the 21st Century, in that it appears to now be happy to receive electronic copy of documents, rather than hard copy.

Is good news, I think!

Best regards.

Thanks very much for this information Alan, yes it is very good news for all of us . A small gift for us just before Christmas, just waiting now for the Big One now!

Wishing you all the best for the festive season, and may you have a successful New Year in 2015. All of us on here (I am sure) thank you for your very useful and amazingly quick, informative responses.

Ooh lucky you Cass, what a good start for the New Year. How are you doing finding a flight at short notice? All the best wishes.

Many thanks Carob

Have not booked a flight yet until we get full grant, hopefully by new year then hoping to go about 11th jan if we get granted and are able to find suitable flight, seems plenty of availability at the moment

fingers crossed, how you getting on with your process exciting time.

Cass

I'd be careful about arranging medicals and police clearances only 12 months after lodgement of the visa application, when overall processing times continue to be closer to 22 months.

Rather, I'd await a request from a case officer.

Medicals and penal checks continue to have a 12 month validity, so you could find yourself with a limited period to enter Australia if you arrange them too early.

Best regards.

Thank you Alan :-)

Many thanks Carob

Have not booked a flight yet until we get full grant, hopefully by new year then hoping to go about 11th jan if we get granted and are able to find suitable flight, seems plenty of availability at the moment

fingers crossed, how you getting on with your process exciting time.

Cass

Hello Cass, interesting that you say there seems plenty of flight availability, that should be good for you. Who are you looking to fly with?

We are just a couple of months behind you, so being optimistic (haha) I have it in my head that our CO just might 'land' on the 5th Jan. No reason for thinking of this date, just hope I haven't put a jinx on things!! Thank goodness we have already sold our house, so only have to consider moving out of our rental.

All the best, Carob

Hello Cass, interesting that you say there seems plenty of flight availability, that should be good for you. Who are you looking to fly with?

We are just a couple of months behind you, so being optimistic (haha) I have it in my head that our CO just might 'land' on the 5th Jan. No reason for thinking of this date, just hope I haven't put a jinx on things!! Thank goodness we have already sold our house, so only have to consider moving out of our rental.

All the best, Carob

Hi Carob

Think date wise you may be about right, we usually fly with Singapore Airlines really good and excellent service nothing is to much trouble.

if we cant get a flight with Singapore will try Quantas.

We are heading to Sydney then up to Terrigal Central coast, where are you off to

Cassie

Hello Cassie, we are off to Perth. Our daughter (and only child) lives there, so we thought we would spend our twilight years with her, and in the warm. Just hope she will be able to be there for us when, and if we need help!! Not anticipating her pushing us around in a wheelchair though, haha. Carob

Hi guys,

Just have a quick question regarding 103 and 143.

1. You'll have to pay

- Application Fee

- Assurance Bond

at the time of lodging application, is this correct?

2. If you lodge 103, and later on want to switch to 143, will the cost of

a. Application Fee

b. Assurance Bond

will be carry over to the new 143 application?