Guest guest36187

Hi Emma

I was interested to read your post. We are parents (early 60's) applied for CPV 143 lodged late June 2014. our plan is to live on the Mornington Peninsular probably Mt Martha or Balnarring. Whereabouts on the Peninsular are you living? How easy do you think it will be for people of our age to integrate into life in Victoria? we are off to Melbourne in early Dec for a thorough 7 week reccie. My husband is plagued with fears that we will not fit in to life in Oz. any other parents got any experiences they can share? Majority of posts on here are about young people emigrating and missing the UK and their family. what about parents emigrating to be with their family and having their life turned upside down? Yes, we miss our daughter dreadfully, she's our only child and we can't wait to be with her, but we also have to have a life! Ugh, sorry about the moan must be all the waiting doing my head in.

Julie

Hi Julie i would like to give you my experience of coming to australia.

Although we live in sydney but hope it will help. I know how you are feeling as it is a very scary move

My Husband who is 72YRS AND i 66YRS. We moved out here 3 1/2 years ago and i can honestly say this has been the best

move we have ever made. I am a nurse and i got a parttime job almost right away. My husband has also a parttime job in woolworths

We look after our grandchildren 3 days a week. See our two daughters all the time. We have bought a onebedroom unit in a good area

You will get a seniors card as soon as you get here which lets you travel by bus train or ferryfor $2.50 a day. We do not find it too expensive as we live within our means. There is so much to do here which is free. We feel this is our home and we have settled in no bother. We love love love it here, and hope you do too.

Hi Julie i would like to give you my experience of coming to australia.

Although we live in sydney but hope it will help. I know how you are feeling as it is a very scary move

My Husband who is 72YRS AND i 66YRS. We moved out here 3 1/2 years ago and i can honestly say this has been the best

move we have ever made. I am a nurse and i got a parttime job almost right away. My husband has also a parttime job in woolworths

We look after our grandchildren 3 days a week. See our two daughters all the time. We have bought a onebedroom unit in a good area

You will get a seniors card as soon as you get here which lets you travel by bus train or ferryfor $2.50 a day. We do not find it too expensive as we live within our means. There is so much to do here which is free. We feel this is our home and we have settled in no bother. We love love love it here, and hope you do too.

This is thread has been very interesting. I am 62 and planning to apply for my visa next month, when my son will have been in QLD for two years. He has two daughters. I also have a son in the UK who does not want to move. I am torn between them but feel my life will be better over there.

I guess, seeing from the jokes and the cartoons here, that asking if anyone has approximate timelines is a waste of time and I may as well ask how long a piece of string is BUT..

Mum in Law received her email today acknowledging her CPV submission (from March this year). They're now asking for health checks and paperwork from my husband.. Is this a ball rolling phase? or just another wait and keep dreaming phase... :)

Guest 123smilezzz

Hello everyone

I am new here. First of all, a big thank-you to everyone who has contributed to this thread to date which I found very useful. My parents applied for the CPV 143 in May 2013. We have got all the documents ready but are still awaiting for a case officer to be allocated. I have received an automatic replied after sending an enquiry, which confirms that they are now processing applications submitted in March 2013. This makes me feel rather disappointed as 6 months ago the processing time was November 2012 (based on my first enquiry). This means that it took them 6 months to process 4 months worth of applications. I'm starting to ponder if I would have to fly overseas for "homey" Christmas instead.

I have another question to ask which I couldn't find much information anywhere else. What's the likelihood of success for this situation where one parent on the CPV 143 will sponsor the remaining parent on a partner visa or the "remaining familiy member" visa. Is it very difficult? Any special documentation required? How can one prove that its not merely for financial reasons that the remaining parent stay back? If this topic has been discuss elsewhere, please direct me to the correct thread. Thank you.

Kind regards,

Teresa

Not sure if you know but a CPV holder cannot sponsor a partner for 5 years. Also you need to live with your partner, or any separation needs to be temporary. Not sure how this would work if one was in Australia.

With regard to the remaining relative visa, it doesn't look like a partner can sponsor another partner:

http://www.immi.gov.au/Visas/Pages/835.aspx. Also there is an extremely long waiting list for this visa. If it were that easy I am sure more people would be doing it!

Hey again

If you are talking about gainwave.co.uk, it is working fine.

Recent post of Orphan (Saaustralia CPV thread):-

PROCESSING UPDATE as at 15 October 2014

Some REALLY good news for everyone in the Waiting Room.

Based on the latest information appearing in the progress tracker on the UK website www.gainway.co.uk/cpv/ it seems as if the visa processing delay is reducing....and significantly!

An applicant "paddyman1" has posted the following timeline:

Application lodged: 14 April 2013

Case Office appointed: 03 October 2014

VAC Request date: 03 October 2014

Days to CO: 537

This means that despite the official announcements being published by the Parent Visa (which still say March 2013 processing) some of the visa teams are already half way through April 2013!

What is also interesting here is that it has taken this fellow only 17 months & 3 weeks from visa lodgement to Case Officer, following which his second VAC payment was requested on the same day! It appears that he had all his paperwork done and ready by the time his CO was appointed, including the AOS side of things (which he completed on 01 September 2014), which is why his application was approved immediately.

And this is not an isolated case. Another timeline posted by "Day325" reflects the following

Application Lodged: 25 March 2013

Case Officer appointed: 09 October 2014

VAC Request Date: 09 October 2014

VAC Payment date: 13 October 2014

Days to CO: 563

And yet another - "Jitty" posted

Application Lodged: 26 March 2013

Case Officer appointed: 14 October 2014

Days to CO: 567

It may be that UK visa applications are dealt with faster than those from South Africa....but I don't believe so. What I think happens is that visa applications are allocated in batches to the various Case Officers and Teams, and the speed at which they process each batch of visas depends entirely on how complete their applications are. If there are documents missing, or they have to wait for PCCs or Medicals, then everything is delayed.

Another thing is that all three of these applicants mentioned above have gone through agents. That is not to say that Agents get preferential treatment, but rather that agents will ensure that all the documentation is completed correctly and submitted timeously. This supports my "be prepared" theory

If I am correct, it also means that the Parent Visa Centre reports the visa processing date according to the last application still outstanding, and not against those which have already been completed. This is to prevent a flood of enquiries from applicants who feel that their application has been overlooked.

There are lessons for all of us this. Firstly, don't wait for your CO to ask for medicals, PCC and AOS approval; have this done and all your documents in place before your review date. Secondly, don't read too much into the "official date" reported by the Parent Visa Centre, as this represents the worst case scenario. And thirdly, pray that the applicants in front of you have all their ducks in a row, so that you are not delayed unnecessarily!

Rich

(sorry orphan, im just lazy haha)

Hey again

Based on the latest information appearing in the progress tracker on the UK website www.gainway.co.uk/cpv/ it seems as if the visa processing delay is reducing....and significantly!

This means that despite the official announcements being published by the Parent Visa (which still say March 2013 processing) some of the visa teams are already half way through April 2013!

What is also interesting here is that it has taken this fellow only 17 months & 3 weeks from visa lodgement to Case Officer, following which his second VAC payment was requested on the same day! It appears that he had all his paperwork done and ready by the time his CO was appointed, including the AOS side of things (which he completed on 01 September 2014), which is why his application was approved immediately.

And this is not an isolated case. Another timeline posted by "Day325" reflects the following

It may be that UK visa applications are dealt with faster than those from South Africa....but I don't believe so. What I think happens is that visa applications are allocated in batches to the various Case Officers and Teams, and the speed at which they process each batch of visas depends entirely on how complete their applications are. If there are documents missing, or they have to wait for PCCs or Medicals, then everything is delayed.

Another thing is that all three of these applicants mentioned above have gone through agents. That is not to say that Agents get preferential treatment, but rather that agents will ensure that all the documentation is completed correctly and submitted timeously. This supports my "be prepared" theory

If I am correct, it also means that the Parent Visa Centre reports the visa processing date according to the last application still outstanding, and not against those which have already been completed. This is to prevent a flood of enquiries from applicants who feel that their application has been overlooked.

There are lessons for all of us this. Firstly, don't wait for your CO to ask for medicals, PCC and AOS approval; have this done and all your documents in place before your review date. Secondly, don't read too much into the "official date" reported by the Parent Visa Centre, as this represents the worst case scenario. And thirdly, pray that the applicants in front of you have all their ducks in a row, so that you are not delayed unnecessarily!

Rich

Thanks for the update Rich, Have tried Gainwave again server seems to be down in UK, have tried ipad phone and laptop still unavailable over here.

it should be noted that lots of the entries have dates that are all over the place so in some cases may not be true reflection of where they are.

Processes in some cases are all carried out premature and out of sequence if dates are accurate.

We have applied via. an agent and at all stages been told not to do anything until case officer allocated, we also contacted the medical centre in Plymouth to get the medicals undertaken in advance and were told by them that the ref. comes via case officer and medicals cannot be undertaken without the designated ref. which we only get on case officer allocation, so not sure how some folks getting them done prior to case officer.

Hopefully someone may clarify further in the meen time, patiently waiting and our 18 months up end of month so anytime soon hopefully anytime soon

Thanks for the update Rich, Have tried Gainwave again server seems to be down in UK, have tried ipad phone and laptop still unavailable over here.

it should be noted that lots of the entries have dates that are all over the place so in some cases may not be true reflection of where they are.

Processes in some cases are all carried out premature and out of sequence if dates are accurate.

We have applied via. an agent and at all stages been told not to do anything until case officer allocated, we also contacted the medical centre in Plymouth to get the medicals undertaken in advance and were told by them that the ref. comes via case officer and medicals cannot be undertaken without the designated ref. which we only get on case officer allocation, so not sure how some folks getting them done prior to case officer.

Hopefully someone may clarify further in the meen time, patiently waiting and our 18 months up end of month so anytime soon hopefully anytime soon

Hi

I can confirm that Gainwave in still down (here in Perth 1645 hours)

If you want to go ahead with your medicals you can obtain your HAP Id by emailing Perth immi and quoting the reference HAPLTR in the subject text and quoting your file reference number which you would have been supplied with as part of your acknowledgement letter

Barry

Hi

I can confirm that Gainwave in still down (here in Perth 1645 hours)

If you want to go ahead with your medicals you can obtain your HAP Id by emailing Perth immi and quoting the reference HAPLTR in the subject text and quoting your file reference number which you would have been supplied with as part of your acknowledgement letter

Barry

Thanks Barry

Will give that a try

Hey again

Rich

Hi the website http://www.gainway.co.uk does exist but it has nothing to do with CPV tracking - I think you mean http://www.gainwave.co.uk

Guest jen1977

Just to clarify what was put on earlier. My father-in-law is paddyman1 and he application date was 4/2/13 and acknowledgement date was 14/4/13. Acknowledgement date is not the lodgement date, it is the date of the letter that is sent from immigration acknowledging your application has been received. On the acknowledgement letter is also states the lodgement date.

At the beginning of August we received a letter requesting for the AOS, medical and police check. The police check had already been done. The medical was completed on 18/8/14 and as we had one AOS rejected as my husband could not be the AOS for his dad, as he is already the AOS for his mum and step father we had to do all the paperwork again. This finally went through on 02/09/14. So apart from the police check nothing else was done before it was requested by immigration. This did slow the process down. We were not given the acknowledgment letter from our first immigration agent and if we had been those things would have been done earlier.

The second VAC was requested 03/10/14 and was paid by my FIL to our immigration agents 'go Matilda' and it was paid by them on 13/10/14. My father-in-law had his visa granted yesterday 17/10/14

so from start to finish it has taken 20.5 months. Hopefully it does get quicker for those waiting.

My FIL has booked his flight today and we will have him here end of November.

Edited by jen1977

Just to clarify what was put on earlier. My father-in-law is paddyman1 and he application date was 4/2/13 and acknowledgement date was 14/4/13. Acknowledgement date is not the lodgement date, it is the date of the letter that is sent from immigration acknowledging your application has been received. On the acknowledgement letter is also states the lodgement date.

At the beginning of August we received a letter requesting for the AOS, medical and police check. The police check had already been done. The medical was completed on 18/8/14 and as we had one AOS rejected as my husband could not be the AOS for his dad, as he is already the AOS for his mum and step father we had to do all the paperwork again. This finally went through on 02/09/14. So apart from the police check nothing else was done before it was requested by immigration. This did slow the process down. We were not given the acknowledgment letter from our first immigration agent and if we had been those things would have been done earlier.

The second VAC was requested 03/10/14 and was paid by my FIL to our immigration agents 'go Matilda' and it was paid by them on 13/10/14. My father-in-law had his visa granted yesterday 17/10/14

so from start to finish it has taken 20.5 months. Hopefully it does get quicker for those waiting.

My FIL has booked his flight today and we will have him here end of November.

Hi Jen ,thank you for providing your FIL's timeline - just a small point, when immi requested medical ,AOS etc was that also the CO assignment date?

It seems as though it can be a quick process once the CO is in place if one had had all the other paperwork and medical completed

cheers Veronique