Guest guest36187

Hi all,

I will be now applying from 173 to 143 visa. I just want to confirm that: I need to fill up form 47PT and form 40. Submit one passport size photo, certified copy of passport and first visa charge $325. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I will appreciate if anyone can throw some light on the processing time of 173 to 143.

Hi Blueray, I sent off my application from 173 to 143 on 3rd May, paid my AOS around July. I haven't heard anything yet.

Guest piramida

Hello all,

I need help. Please anyone know something about my problem, please any information is welcome. My husband and me come in Australia last year in July. We hold parent visa Subclass 173, and we had plan apply for 143 beginning next year, but my husband get sick, he got cancer of Pancreas. Only good thing is that it is beginning and he will have operation next week. Please can you tell me what will be now with us because he can not working any more his job, he mast 6 months stay at home. That operation is very very serious. Do anyone know something about case when same parent become sick. Will we have now problem to apply for visa Subclass 173 to 143. Thank you so much. This is terrible time for both of us

Good morning/afternoon, I have just e-mailed the Perth parent visa department and part of the auto reply states:

We are currently receipting offshore applications lodged on 05 August 2014.

We are currently receipting onshore applications lodged on 30 September 2014

As we have a 5 month backlog of applications waiting for acknowledgment letters, we now have a task force in place so this time will gradually reduce. Currently we are sending out letters for applications lodged on 10 April 2014.

Your patience is appreciated.

There is still quite a delay in formal acknowledgements, approximately 6 months it seems from their date advice (10 April 2014 lodgements). At least they're hopeful it should reduce!!

Have a great Friday,

Amanda

Edited by AmandaJB

Hello all,

I need help. Please anyone know something about my problem, please any information is welcome. My husband and me come in Australia last year in July. We hold parent visa Subclass 173, and we had plan apply for 143 beginning next year, but my husband get sick, he got cancer of Pancreas. Only good thing is that it is beginning and he will have operation next week. Please can you tell me what will be now with us because he can not working any more his job, he mast 6 months stay at home. That operation is very very serious. Do anyone know something about case when same parent become sick. Will we have now problem to apply for visa Subclass 173 to 143. Thank you so much. This is terrible time for both of us

Dear Piramida, I am so sorry to hear your news, it must be a terrible time for you both. I hope you both have a lot of support. I cannot offer advice I'm sorry, as I do not know what happens in these situations but hopefully someone on this site will be able to help you with your visa concerns. Take care.

Best wishes,

Amanda

Hey piramida

Im really sorry to hear your news, all i can say that, your situation is very rare and you should consult a registered migration agent. As far as i know, you wont be needing any medicals, which means there wont be any effect on your visa.I hope your husband gets well soon and good luck with your application.

rich

Hey Amanda

Can you please tell me what month applications they are processing for 143?

Hi Richard,

No problem, copied from e-amail:

Processing times for Contributory Parent Visas - subclass 143 where applicant does not hold a subclass 173 visa.

Due to the high volume of applications received, it iscurrently taking approximately 18 months from receiving an application for a contributory parent visa application until the assessment stage. The current processing date is March 2013. When your application is allocated to a case officer for assessment, they will contact you or your authorised recipient to advise the next stage of processing. Please note that we generally receive between 250 and 300 applications a month so if you lodged an application in that month but have not yet heard from us be assured we will get to you. If your application was lodged after this date, assessing will not have commenced.

Prior to this stage the department will not be in contact and will not confirm receipt of individual documents.

Processing times for Contributory Parent (Temporary to Permanent) Visa where the applicant holds a subclass 173 visa

It iscurrently taking approximately 6 months from receiving an application for a contributory parent subclass 143 (temporary to permanent) visa until the assessment stage. The current processing date is 2 April 2014. When your application is allocated to a case officer for assessment, they will contact you or your authorised recipient to advise the next stage of processing. If your application was lodged after this date processing will not have commenced.

Prior to this stage the department will not be in contact and will not confirm receipt of individual documents.

I hope this helps :-)

Amanda

Hello all,

Hi Piramida

I am so sorry to hear about your problem. You probably need some professional advice on this from an agent. I believe George Lombard is very good with regard to health problems.

http://austimmigration.com.au/site/?q=node/21

Hi Richard,

No problem, copied from e-amail:

Processing times for Contributory Parent Visas - subclass 143 where applicant does not hold a subclass 173 visa.

Due to the high volume of applications received, it iscurrently taking approximately 18 months from receiving an application for a contributory parent visa application until the assessment stage. The current processing date is March 2013. When your application is allocated to a case officer for assessment, they will contact you or your authorised recipient to advise the next stage of processing. Please note that we generally receive between 250 and 300 applications a month so if you lodged an application in that month but have not yet heard from us be assured we will get to you. If your application was lodged after this date, assessing will not have commenced.

Processing times for Contributory Parent (Temporary to Permanent) Visa where the applicant holds a subclass 173 visa

It iscurrently taking approximately 6 months from receiving an application for a contributory parent subclass 143 (temporary to permanent) visa until the assessment stage. The current processing date is 2 April 2014. When your application is allocated to a case officer for assessment, they will contact you or your authorised recipient to advise the next stage of processing. If your application was lodged after this date processing will not have commenced.

I hope this helps :-)

Amanda

Thanks Amanda

Nearly there 2 months approx to case officer for me then, can't wait to get the final part going then of we go.

Guest jen1977

Great news from our side. Just received the email from immigration requesting the 2nd VAC. So not long to go before the visa is granted! 20 months tomorrow from when the visa was lodged.

Great news from our side. Just received the email from immigration requesting the 2nd VAC. So not long to go before the visa is granted! 20 months tomorrow from when the visa was lodged.

Great news Jen, when was your application acknowledged if you don't mind me asking

Edited by Cass1e04

WHOOP WHOOP!! Almost there!! Thank you so much amanda

Excellent! I can't wait to get to that stage. hope it all goes smoothly. Out of interest, did you have to lodge the dreaded Form 80? or perhaps that comes next?

Cheers,

Amanda

Edited by AmandaJB

Guest jen1977

Cass - it was lodged 4/2/13 and it was acknowledged 13/4/13. The immigration agent didn't pass on any information regarding the things we needed to do. So we waited until the letter came through requesting further information that we did the AOS and health check. If we had the acknowledgement letter it would have been quicker.

The form 80 - this was asked for on the acknowledgement letter and as our ex-agent didn't bother to pass it on, we have only just completed it

Thanks Jen , we are about 10 weeks behind you then, so we should be about right for case officer end nov.

hopefully the house sale goes through without any hick ups. Hoping for completion about mid to end nov. Buyers exchanged on theirs last week.

Just hoping that the sale doesn't fall out of bed this time. Right on our deadline but if goes ok timing should be perfect.

will look at form 80 and see if we can have done or can push through.

our agent advised nothing further to case officer allocation.

Medicals and crime checks once case officer notifies us ref. Numbers. Once allocated.

thanks for the heads up it gives a good idea of where they are at the moment.

Cass - it was lodged 4/2/13 and it was acknowledged 13/4/13. The immigration agent didn't pass on any information regarding the things we needed to do. So we waited until the letter came through requesting further information that we did the AOS and health check. If we had the acknowledgement letter it would have been quicker.

The form 80 - this was asked for on the acknowledgement letter and as our ex-agent didn't bother to pass it on, we have only just completed it

Jen

just checked form 80

immi website states as follows:

If you are applying for a visa outside Australia, you do not have to provide this information with your application. You will be advised when it is required.

although I think we may have allready done this one.

Guest geordie joe
Wooohooo!!! Finally got our acknowledgement today, so excited :wink: I haven't stopped smiling ..... also have to do a Form 80!! not quite so excited about that though LOL!

Good luck to everyone

maisiedaisy

great at news, forget about form 80 and enjoy the weekend.

Wooohooo!!! Finally got our acknowledgement today, so excited :wink: I haven't stopped smiling ..... also have to do a Form 80!! not quite so excited about that though LOL!

Good luck to everyone

maisiedaisy

That's brilliant for you and thanks for giving the rest of us a clue as to dates.

Can you advise me what the form 80 is all about.

Regards

Steve

That's brilliant for you and thanks for giving the rest of us a clue as to dates.

Can you advise me what the form 80 is all about.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, Thanx

The Form 80 - It's 16 pages of filling in, or nearly! It's entitled 'Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment'. Wants to know where you've lived, where have you been on holiday over the last 10 years, what jobs have you done, what unemployment from the day you first arrived into the big world LOL. Education, family, you name it, they want to know about it!! I don't think everyone has to do it, I guess we drew the short straw duh!

regards

maisiedaisy

Hey guys

Can u please tell me whts the difference between lodgement and acknowledgement date?

Hi Richard

Lodgement is when you actually lodge your application and it's received at Perth. Acknowledgement is when they write back to say they have it and you have a reference number. It's currently taking almost 6 months from lodgement to acknowledgement.

Hope that helps

regards

Maisiedaisy

Hi Steve, Thanx

The Form 80 - It's 16 pages of filling in, or nearly! It's entitled 'Personal particulars for assessment including character assessment'. Wants to know where you've lived, where have you been on holiday over the last 10 years, what jobs have you done, what unemployment from the day you first arrived into the big world LOL. Education, family, you name it, they want to know about it!! I don't think everyone has to do it, I guess we drew the short straw duh!

regards

maisiedaisy

Gosh - that sounds deep joy!!