457 visa question

touch107fm

Hi all

I got a quick question. I am about to book my flights to Sydney. I am going to be travelling on a partner 457 visa.

Will it be ok for me to book a one way flight and not a return out of Australia. I know this may be a silly question but I just want to make sure as I dont want to get stung at a later stage. I know on certain visa you can only enter if you have a return flight booked.

Also to get me my visa stamped, do I just go to the Embassy in London and get it stamped there.

Guest jonsandra

Had no problem on a partner visa 457, but did have a return ticket. Give immigration a quick buzz but it shouldn't be a propblem as the visa does clearly state "multiple entry" Check your rights by loggin in on the immi.gov website.

Hi all

I got a quick question. I am about to book my flights to Sydney. I am going to be travelling on a partner 457 visa.

Will it be ok for me to book a one way flight and not a return out of Australia. I know this may be a silly question but I just want to make sure as I dont want to get stung at a later stage. I know on certain visa you can only enter if you have a return flight booked.

Also to get me my visa stamped, do I just go to the Embassy in London and get it stamped there.

The visa is valid for up to 4 years so there no way you would know when or if you would return to the UK if you went for a ENS. I pretty sure there no need to have a return flight as I have also apply and not see it in any conditions.

Not sure about getting the visa stamped. I think you send your passport off to London when you get your visa granted for a slip enter in there. Once you enter Oz they stamp it but don't quote me on that.

Ya it's all good . I booked my flight today cost me 530 pounds one way with a stop over for 2 weeks in Thailand . Should be good fun !have not told the girlfriend yet thou about Thailand.

I work beside the Oz embassy so might pop in tomorrow during work

Ya it's all good . I booked my flight today cost me 530 pounds one way with a stop over for 2 weeks in Thailand . Should be good fun !have not told the girlfriend yet thou about Thailand.

I work beside the Oz embassy so might pop in tomorrow during work

Fair play to you. Lol

Let us know how you get on at the embassy as I was told there are big que's. When our visa's come not sure if to drive down to get the passport done or post it.

Soon as we get ours we wanna go with in two weeks so posting is a bit iffy.

Did you ask for extra baggage allowance as you can get it on a 457 but think you have to phone them about it?

Extra bagage allowence on a 457!!!first I heard of this . What that all about . I just booked my flight with Thai airways . I am shipping alot of my stuff . I mean to ask. If I have que for ages I won't bother and I don't trust royal mail. If my visa got lost now I would be a bit screwed . Leaving in march . When are u heading to Oz

Fair play to you. Lol

Let us know how you get on at the embassy as I was told there are big que's. When our visa's come not sure if to drive down to get the passport done or post it.

Soon as we get ours we wanna go with in two weeks so posting is a bit iffy.

Did you ask for extra baggage allowance as you can get it on a 457 but think you have to phone them about it?

I thought the extra baggage allowance was only for first arrival migrants and not temporary visas.

I thought the extra baggage allowance was only for first arrival migrants and not temporary visas.

From what I have read in other threads and from what I have been told from removal companies. You can get extra baggage if you book a one way ticket and send them a copy of a unstamped visa.

Only think its some airlines but its worth ringing to find out.

Our visa should come through any day now as I applied on the 29/12/09 but there is the xmas back log they got to work through. Soon as it come we will book the flight for two weeks after.

Ok will check tomorrow about the bagage.

You are the waiting stage. We applied on the 5/01/2010. We got a emailing telling us there was backlog , half a hour later another later email telling us both got our 457 visas. I didn't need a police or medical .delighted!!!!

Best of luck I know the waiting is painfull

Ok will check tomorrow about the bagage.

You are the waiting stage. We applied on the 5/01/2010. We got a emailing telling us there was backlog , half a hour later another later email telling us both got our 457 visas. I didn't need a police or medical .delighted!!!!

Best of luck I know the waiting is painfull

Wow that was quick. Im still waiting for Employers nomination and sponsor to go through which he submitted on 22/12/09. Its doing my head in as he already passed the nomination for ENS for me but later found out I could apply for a ENS until I have a full electrical licence.

What trade are you in??

My girlfriend is a nurse. I work as a broadcast engineer for the BBC .better not have any problems getting a job as I will be leaving a great job here .but I am over living in London . All work and no play

What part of Oz you moving to? It is a good job your leaving, Id love to have done some thing like that. If your going for a broadcasting engineer is only going to be the big city's that have studio's. Or are you thinking of looking for other types of work?

I am heading over to Sydney along with the other 10 million other Irish/English.. Cant wait. Media or Broadcast is a good clean industry to get into all right. I done some time working on the site as a chippie and for all the money in the world I would not go back..

I like not be wrecked when I get back from work. I walked by the embassy today and i may be going to que up like the rest to see about getting my visa stamped. I also need to find out about the extra baggage allowance..

I am heading over to Sydney along with the other 10 million other Irish/English.. Cant wait. Media or Broadcast is a good clean industry to get into all right. I done some time working on the site as a chippie and for all the money in the world I would not go back..

I like not be wrecked when I get back from work. I walked by the embassy today and i may be going to que up like the rest to see about getting my visa stamped. I also need to find out about the extra baggage allowance..

I looked up more about the baggage last night and I could only find Emirates that give it to you with the UKMOVE1 code. You have to book a one way ticket and show your visa is valid for over 12 Mths to get it. Still worth you asking tho.

Was there much of a que at the embassy??? We have a case worker now so should hear next week all being week.

Guest koeieboei

Wow, a 40 kg allowance on a 457 visa? Per person? I emailed several airlines last week, all gave 20 kg allowance except Emirates (30 kg, regardless of visa or promotion codes). We are thinking of using Hifix as well, hmmm. Then something else....

We needed chest x-ray only for main applicant, done this yesterday pm in manchester (through online health system) and just see on visa status page that they have been received and finalised.....application processed further. How is that possible so quick, that's less then 24 hrs? We mailed DIAC yesterday to inform them that meds been done (as requested by ? our CO), got a instant reply to thank for update from CO...We were told yesterday that the doc would only do the report today... I'm lost, but not complaining!!!! Nervous now!!!!

Wow, a 40 kg allowance on a 457 visa? Per person? I emailed several airlines last week, all gave 20 kg allowance except Emirates (30 kg, regardless of visa or promotion codes). We are thinking of using Hifix as well, hmmm. Then something else....

We needed chest x-ray only for main applicant, done this yesterday pm in manchester (through online health system) and just see on visa status page that they have been received and finalised.....application processed further. How is that possible so quick, that's less then 24 hrs? We mailed DIAC yesterday to inform them that meds been done (as requested by ? our CO), got a instant reply to thank for update from CO...We were told yesterday that the doc would only do the report today... I'm lost, but not complaining!!!! Nervous now!!!!

Ive found a few thread that people on the 457 have used the UKMOVE 1 code and all got 50kg and discount on the flights.

Have a look.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport/67457-emirates-baggage-allowance.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/transport/67457-emirates-baggage-allowance.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/dilemmas/74709-emirates-extra-baggage-2.html

Hope this helps

Stewart

Guest Hearne_Family

Just my tuppance worth, I flew out with Singapore Airlines on a 457 and got double baggage allowance, also we went to the embassy in London to get the visas put into the passport. We also only had a one way ticket.

Just my tuppance worth, I flew out with Singapore Airlines on a 457 and got double baggage allowance, also we went to the embassy in London to get the visas put into the passport. We also only had a one way ticket.

How long is the que at the embassy?? Is it as bad as some people say?

What happens when you get your visa granted, do you just get a email and cant go straight to the embassy or do you have to wait for a confirmation letter???

Thanks

Stewart

Guest Hearne_Family
How long is the que at the embassy?? Is it as bad as some people say?

What happens when you get your visa granted, do you just get a email and cant go straight to the embassy or do you have to wait for a confirmation letter???

Thanks

Stewart

We got to the embassy for when it opened 15 mins later we had the visas in the passports, we took the conformation email we recieved saying that we had been granted the visa, its all on record though, they will be able to see if you have been granted a visa or not but we took as much info as we could!

Terry

Guest koeieboei

I phoned SA and Qantas today regarding the extra allowance for 457 holders:

SA said NO straight away....has to be a permanent visa (ie indefinite leave to remain)

Quantas can do it but you need to go on a migration fare, the quote was double the amount of a normal ticket, but with 40 kg allowance. Hmm, no brainer.

Interesting post re deals Moneycorp and HiFX with Qantas, have to look into that.

Hi all.

Visa lodged 20th Jan. Approved 3rd Feb!!!

I've been before on a 457, and just gone through the flight booking again.

No, you definitely don't need a return flight. You can come and go as you please.

I've been round all the major airlines, none give extra baggage on a 457. Has to be a 'proper' visa if you know what I mean.

Virgin Atlantic let you take 2 suitcases if you go premium economy, but it's nearly double the price.

You can courier a 25kg suitcase for about £200, arrives in 9-14 days.

Hope that helps. Good luck and maybe see you there!

Guest koeieboei

Thanks up4answers and congrats on the visa! Was it another 457?

We decided to just stuff more boxes, I calculated I can send them for 22,50 each (max 40 kg!)....but have to wait 10 wks before they arrive. Ah well, worth it I guess

Thanks up4answers and congrats on the visa! Was it another 457?

We decided to just stuff more boxes, I calculated I can send them for 22,50 each (max 40 kg!)....but have to wait 10 wks before they arrive. Ah well, worth it I guess

What company is this with because thats a good price and how big are the boxes??

Archived