• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Guest31881
running water and electricity now?

Running water :- i see the stream has not dried out then

Electricity :- Nice to know the dynamo on the bike still works

:wink::biglaugh:

Australia is a much different place than in 1968 !!

LOL yes, very different! There are people of colour actually living here now and we do have what passes for broadband and most of the houses actually have flush loos - oh yes, and colour tv we have that too!

Guest siamsusie
Running water :- i see the stream has not dried out then

Electricity :- Nice to know the dynamo on the bike still works

:wink::biglaugh:

Even Tv's and radios:jiggy:

Guest LukeSkywalker
Hi all,

Been here 6months and am sooo homesick! Have decided that I want the family to be more apart of my kids life. Don't want to give up the family for abit of sun! But has anyone gone home and regreted it?

Wait until after the general election in Britain. If Labour win then dont think of returning, as the UK will be an Islamic state within 5 years. Brown and his crew seek to import another 5 million + immigrants and destroy any sense of white Brtain. They call it "multi-culturalism". Remember ot register for a postal vote and vote Conservative (I would say BNP but without PR they wont get any seats).

Guest coogee

i'm sure its a different place but it can't be as bad as the uk. we are to easy with immigration.the australians are more strict and quite rightly so.

If you want free hand outs and free benefits come to uk the gates are open 24/7

I have recently found out that it is actually harder for Aussies and Canadians to get into the UK than it is for us to get into Aus. Now there's a turn up for the books!

Strange but true...

Guest Jainie

hey everyone...am so happy i found this site!...we have been here for the past 12 years....moved from the UK to Brisbane and have had a wonderful time...were even blessed with a grandson 2 years ago, born here in Brisbane....tis now time for myself, husband and 2 younger kids (14 and 12) to go back to Blighty...we will be leaving my 2 eldest daughters and grandson behind as they are aged 20 and 19 and have their own lives here...

We became Aussie citizens a few years ago so we are getting Aussie and UK passports as we called the UK embassy today and they said we need both to go back and work for a few years and then return at a later date.

This thread is very interesting...i love the Sun, but after 12 years here i must admit, i am looking forward to being cold again....and a snowy Christmas with our rellies in Scotland will be fantastic!

I have recently found out that it is actually harder for Aussies and Canadians to get into the UK than it is for us to get into Aus. Now there's a turn up for the books!

Strange but true...

i want to emigrate to GB, what are the chances. my father was born there,albeit 100 yrs ago so can i get a British passport:biglaugh:

i want to emigrate to GB, what are the chances. my father was born there,albeit 100 yrs ago so can i get a British passport:biglaugh:

I recon that having a British Passport cuts out most of the crap! So I would have thought you shouldn't have a problem. You may have to relinquish Australian Citizenship to do that though. I know if you're from certain countries you can't have dual citizenship, but not sure which ones. Best check on UK immigration website (not sure what the address is !).

Good Luck! :biggrin:

I recon that having a British Passport cuts out most of the crap! So I would have thought you shouldn't have a problem. You may have to relinquish Australian Citizenship to do that though. I know if you're from certain countries you can't have dual citizenship, but not sure which ones. Best check on UK immigration website (not sure what the address is !).

Good Luck! :biggrin:

father when he went to uk for visit used aus passport but refused to line up with other nationalities,he would front up to citizens gate and they always let him in. always after some arguement though.

father when he went to uk for visit used aus passport but refused to line up with other nationalities,he would front up to citizens gate and they always let him in. always after some arguement though.

Excellent! Sounds like fun heheheheheheh! I wonder if you'd get away with that now???:biglaugh:

Guest SusanDonnan

Hi Michelle

my heart goes out for you at this present time, i moved to Aus in 2000 and returned to aus 2001, i was home sick, I wasnt back in the UK long befor i realised that i had made a mistake, i feel that i didnt give myself enough time and was very defensive in my ways, i am returning in may 2010 and am so looking forward to it, I am close with my extended family who will be in Uk, but my atitude towards life and people has changed, i wanted to return many years ago but situations of work and study have prevent me, i think this is an individual desision and i hope you make the right on, i would revisit the ideas and reasons for your migrating to Aus initially, coz UK dont change, its still plods on like all other countries

good luck with your decision

sue x:err:

Hi all,

Been here 6months and am sooo homesick! Have decided that I want the family to be more apart of my kids life. Don't want to give up the family for abit of sun! But has anyone gone home and regreted it?

Guest treesea

Lol, when we first came back to the UK, I and the kids all had dual citizenship, so we used our UK passports and went in the GB citizens line. My OH has an Australian passport. So we went through, but were just waiting on the other side, and boy, were they hassling him. Even though he had a settlement visa. I just waited, watching the show. Then this security chap came up and asked us why we were waiting around, and I pointed him out. So he goes up to this rather officious woman on the foreigners desk and tells her my other half is with us. Well, she then proceeds to tell me off for not "keeping him with us" even though he's not a British citizen. Seems to me the UK haven't worked out who they want to let in on any given day, let alone which queue they should be in!

Guest caznik

:frown::frown:

Hi all,

hya I went to melbourne in 1979 at the age of 18, came back to uk about a year and half later - but - only lasted 6 months and went back again. what is was that was pulling me was i wanted my kids to grow up knowing there grandparents in uk so I came back again in 1991 - glad the kids have there own memories of their gran and papa but now all these years latter I wish I had stayed in oz. All kids grown up now with their own kids - so now I have the same delema. Biggest mistake I made was coming back to the uk - australia is where my heart is. But what I did do before I came back the 2nd time was got ozzie citizenship for us all so we still can go back when the time is right.

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi everyone,

i went to Perth for a month and when i came back to the UK i hated it, but then again i hated it before i went, does this count and as for heyyu wanting to emigrate to the UK are you mad, i don't know if you are aware of it, but the uk is becoming a desperate place for the future, i would think again, unless you are looking to come to a third world country with massive unemployment and debt to join the dole queue, if thats the case then come on down,

jim.

Hi everyone,

i went to Perth for a month and when i came back to the UK i hated it, but then again i hated it before i went, does this count and as for heyyu wanting to emigrate to the UK are you mad, i don't know if you are aware of it, but the uk is becoming a desperate place for the future, i would think again, unless you are looking to come to a third world country with massive unemployment and debt to join the dole queue, if thats the case then come on down,

jim.

Ladies and Gentalmen lets have a round of applause for Jim (the happy sod)

Here's Happy Jim

:biggrin:

For all you wanting to migrate to the Uk, the above and many more like the above are the ones pulling this country down.

Fortunatly for us who want to live in the UK the likes of the above are moving to Aus.

Life is what you make it.

Thank you Priminister Rudd

How long is it now Jim?

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Ladies and Gentalmen lets have a round of applause (the happy sod)

For all you wanting to migrate to the Uk, the above and many more like the above are the ones pulling this country down.

Fortunatly for us who want to live in the UK the likes of the above are moving to Aus.

Life is what you make it.

Thank you Priminister Rudd

How long is it now

Hi ESSEX TO OZ your wasting your time having a go at me the majority of people here on PIO think, no they actually know the UK is in a desperate state, deny it if you will, but it still doesn't change it, its fact. If you like it, then your one of the lucky ones, but theres not many of you left, in fact i know of nobody else who thinks the UK is great at present. You are right on one point though, life is what you make it and most of us are trying to make it better by going to OZ. Unfortunately at the moment due to this useless labour Government since applying for my visa and the actual time it has taken to get it, i have lost about an $100,00 australian dollars, so the dream of life in OZ is getting harder for everyone and the way this country is heading, we will have houses that are worth hardly anything because the pounds plummeting. As for your sarcastic happy sod remark and that i'm not happy, i'm actually fanfooking ecstatic. 175 csl Permanent Residency visa granted, 24/11/09 YIPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tongue:

Hi ESSEX TO OZ your wasting your time having a go at me the majority of people here on PIO think, no they actually know the UK is in a desperate state, deny it if you will, but it still doesn't change it, its fact. If you like it, then your one of the lucky ones, but theres not many of you left, in fact i know of nobody else who thinks the UK is great at present. You are right on one point though, life is what you make it and most of us are trying to make it better by going to OZ. Unfortunately at the moment due to this useless labour Government since applying for my visa and the actual time it has taken to get it, i have lost about an $100,00 australian dollars, so the dream of life in OZ is getting harder for everyone and the way this country is heading, we will have houses that are worth hardly anything because the pounds plummeting. As for your sarcastic happy sod remark, i not happy, i'm actually fanfooking ecstatic. 175 csl Permanent Residency visa granted, 24/11/09 YIPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jim:tongue:

Are you following me????????????

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Are you following me????????????

I don't really want to do the UK down, its been a great place to live for me and its just going through a really rough time of it at the moment, will it get back to what it once was, i hope so, my family and freinds are here. I want to live in the sun in a beautiful big house with a pool near the sea and i can only afford that in Australia. All the best and keep fighting the UK's corner, someone needs to.

:wink:

YEP!!!! If i catch you i'll whack you with a liquid cosh and lock you away in one of the silent cells at the prison i work at. lol.

I don't really want to do the UK down, its been a great place to live for me and its just going through a really rough time of it at the moment, will it get back to what it once was, i hope so, my family and freinds are here. I want to live in the sun in a beautiful big house with a pool near the sea and i can only afford that in Australia. All the best and keep fighting the UK's corner, someone needs to.

jim.:wink:

Spain is cheaper - and closer, why bother with Australia? If you can afford a big beautiful house with a pool near the sea in Aus you must be minted.

Guest guest30038
Spain is cheaper - and closer, why bother with Australia? If you can afford a big beautiful house with a pool near the sea in Aus you must be minted.

600,000 will do it.........what's that? a little more than 300000 quid? My son paid that for a 2 up 2 down in shrewsbury when he came out of the mob a few years back. You'll get more for your pound now due to falling house prices but all that means is you've got a lesser valued asset than you would have had a few years ago.

The exchange rate has shattered many dreams. Only 4 years ago 38p would buy a dollar.....now the poor buggers need 56p...I feel for 'em......I really do :cry:

Oh! and another story. My older son bought into spain when he came out of the mob 12 yrs ago............lost everything, as did many Poms on the estate wher he bought.............no bloody planning permission despite the place being half completed when he bought into it............it's a bloody ghost town now.

kev

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Hi Quoll.

itcouldbeworse beat me to it, but i am mostly in agreement with the things said. The pound is so chronic against most other countries currency at the moment that even Australia is looking dodgy to go and live there at the moment. My reasons of why i wouldn't go to spain are also based on having 2 kids and i want them to go to a country where they speak the language and can get good jobs when they leave education, which rules out spain and the uk. This is only my view and others won't agree, but i am convinced that Australia is one of, if not the best place to go and live in the world currently. As for the houses near the sea being dear, i live 100 km away in the UK, so for $400,000 dolars i can live about 10 to 15km away from the sea in Australia and the house would be worth 400,000 pounds here in the uk, check realestate.com.au theres hundreds of fabulous 4 bedroom houses on there.

Archived