Significant Changes to GSM program from 1st Jan 2010

Guest Gollywobbler

My concern is the points and if the job comes off MODL.

Under the current policy, if they satisfy the other MODL criteria, visa applicants will be awarded MODL points/processing priority if their nominated occupation was on the MODL at the time of application and was subsequently removed, or if it was not on the MODL at the time of application and was subsequently added. That said, the minister can omit the MODL or change it and/or the relevant policy as he sees fit. He seems to have acquired a taste for retroactive changes.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received an email from vetasses:

Hi,

Did you forget something? Our records indicate that you have started an online application for a Qualifications Assessment with VETASSESS, which is not yet complete. As the assessment process will be changing from the 1st of January 2010, if you wish to apply under the current assessment requirements, you will need to complete your application, with the correct payment by the 31st of December 2009 (AEDST).

If your completed application is not received by this date, your application will be closed, and you will need to reapply. If you apply after the 1st of January 2010, your case will be assessed under the new guidelines. From 2010, in order to receive a positive assessment, you will need:

• to hold a qualification which is assessed at the required educational level in a highly relevant field of study to the nominated occupation

and

• at least one year of relevant employment for all occupations. For some occupations, either one or two additional years of employment is required if the qualification/s has a shortfall in content relevance.

Please see our website for the list of occupations and further information at http://www.vetassess.com.au

If you have already successfully applied for a Qualifications Assessment or if you do not wish to proceed with this assessment, please disregard this email.

This is an automatically generated email. Please do not reply to this address.

I suspect, this was my first attempt to apply using the email add and didn't pursue but used another email for the successful application, and since I have already lodged my visa, just want to confirm from you guys if I need not to worry about this?

THanks

Guest Gollywobbler
Under the current policy, if they satisfy the other MODL criteria, visa applicants will be awarded MODL points/processing priority if their nominated occupation was on the MODL at the time of application and was subsequently removed, or if it was not on the MODL at the time of application and was subsequently added. That said, the minister can omit the MODL or change it and/or the relevant policy as he sees fit. He seems to have acquired a taste for retroactive changes.

Hi Westly

DIAC are insisting stoutly that the Minister has not made any retroactive changes to the law because he has not made any alterations to the Migration Act.

If I were a survivor of the Titanic, I might have been tempted to clutch at just such a straw....

Merry Chistmas :anisanta:

Cheers

Gill

Archived