Filling in the form online

Pozz

Hi guys

Im new on here, but have been reading the various forums and trying to research all I need to attack the online visa by myself.

Im applying for a 175 csl, with a defacto partner. I think I understand what is needed and feel ready to start...... well after xmas anyway!

Firstly I have to apply to my professional body for my qualifications to be recognised, although I think this is more a paper exercise and shouldnt cause any problems.

Once I have the required document I can start the visa process.

My question is... Can I start filling in the 175 application now and add my skills assessment info later, as it may take a few months to come through?

Is there a time limit in filling the application..... and when will it ask for my money?

Cheers

hi guys

im new on here, but have been reading the various forums and trying to research all i need to attack the online visa by myself.

Im applying for a 175 csl, with a defacto partner. I think i understand what is needed and feel ready to start...... Well after xmas anyway!

Firstly i have to apply to my professional body for my qualifications to be recognised, although i think this is more a paper exercise and shouldnt cause any problems.

Once i have the required document i can start the visa process.

My question is... Can i start filling in the 175 application now and add my skills assessment info later, as it may take a few months to come through?

Is there a time limit in filling the application..... And when will it ask for my money?

Cheers

hi,

u need to pay money by credit card at the time of filing.

Hi Pozz

I'm sure others more in the know will fill in shortly, but I believe there is a time limit for completing the online application, around the 28 day mark, although I believe you can add relevant documents as you need to. You may also find you have to include things like your IELTS results when you are filling in the form if its relevant to your profession. You could try the visa website Department of Immigration & Citizenship and find the checklist for your particular visa which would help before applying.

Carlos

When we did ours we collected together all of what we needed before we applied online. You can add documentation to an ongoing application, such as IELTS, police checks etc. But I think it is advisable to at least have your skills assessment before applying. If for any reason there was a problem with it and you couldn't gain the relevant skills assessment you would loose your fee. I think we had to pay at the time of lodgement.

Melanie x

I actually filled out my online form in July, saved it, and made a few tweaks before actually submitting it in October when ACS finally came through with my skills assessment.

The website says that forms will be deleted after a month, but mine survived for longer than that without getting the chop. But I wouldn't want to rely on that.

Once you've submitted the form, you can't change anything on it. So I'd advise waiting for the skills assessment to come through.

Archived