Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

Many questions are left unanswered, and like everyone else I am anxious too to have them attended to. At this stage however, I don't think anyone here has all the answers to out questions. It is not helping the situation either that representatives at DIAC are tight-lipped with more information.

As an old adage would have said, "Only time will tell...", and in Alan Collett's words,

Whether this turns out to be the case remains to be seen - in the next few weeks we will see a pattern emerging ... I hope ...

My view on this situation is to hang tight for changes to come, as we await for more news with respect to applications in decision-ready Group 5 being finalised.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ragdoll annie

Hi Chowy,

I myself am already in Oz with PR...I didnt use an agent..I did the visa process myself...however, i am keeping an eye on the events as they unfold because i have friends in cat 5 and am concerned for them.

Annie x

Contacted by CO today asking if I can make 5 March move date? No problem

Things are definatley moving

175 application July 08 Asco code 4112-11

Applied WA SS March 09

Received WA SS Aug 08

CO allocated Sep 09, all documents submitted

Rule Change 23 Sep 09

Hello,

May I ask when did you submit your medical?

Thanks,

Aslan :spinny:

Hi Chowy,

I myself am already in Oz with PR...I didnt use an agent..I did the visa process myself...however, i am keeping an eye on the events as they unfold because i have friends in cat 5 and am concerned for them.

Annie x

I wish them good luck. :)

What's clear to me is after 2 years of preparing and applying for my visa is that the whole immigration process is no where near as refined or as advanced as it should be, targeting specific needs and skills at the correct time to better advance the wants of 'Australia' and it's people.

Surly a government should know what trends and economic situations are going on in their own country well ahead of the rest of us after all they have all the facts and figures to make the proper arrangements that suit their country over the coming 'years' not 'months'.

Something as important as immigration to a country like Australia needs a proper plan of action that is spread over a few years at a time.

All that I see is a headless chicken changing it's mind every few months, not very professional or reassuring from a on lookers or indeed a prospective visa applicants prospective?

Guest ragdoll annie
I wish them good luck. :)

What's clear to me is after 2 years of preparing and applying for my visa is that the whole immigration process is no where near as refined or as advanced as it should be, targeting specific needs and skills at the correct time to better advance the wants of 'Australia' and it's people.

Surly a government should know what trends and economic situations are going on in their own country well ahead of the rest of us after all they have all the facts and figures to make the proper arrangements that suit their country over the coming 'years' not 'months'.

Something as important as immigration to a country like Australia needs a proper plan of action that is spread over a few years at a time.

All that I see is a headless chicken changing it's mind every few months, not very professional or reassuring from a on lookers or indeed a prospective visa applicants prospective?

I could not agree more mate,

Annie x

Folks,

All of us have their own migration stratagy, all try to do what he or she thinks is best for the application. But it's not the point now.

If we have two decision ready applications with only difference between them is requested meds and DIAC thinks the one with reqested is more sutable for processing then it's just unfair. Don't you think so?

I don't want to see the debates among us who is more sutable, eligible etc. It's rubbish.

We were all in the same positions before 23/09 - the only difference was date of lodgment.

But again they try to find better ones among us. The next step would be to find the best among the better and etc.

Untill this policy is not abandoned the mess will continue.

Well, DIAC must also consider that it's not only PCCs and MEDs that will expire, but also IELTS for non-english countries. Even if they don't have COs yet and not included in those 3500 apps that will be processed and finalized, what will happen? IELTS retake costs more than the Meds and Police Cert's

DIAC should be logical enough to consider the consequences first before imposing any changes to the migration.

I didn't know IELTS expired once you have applied? I know the cert is valid for a period (2years?) but I thought once you had applied it didnt need renewing (after all your english isn't likely to go too far backwards in 2 years!)

I have done my IELTS too, but here in the UK it is considerably cheaper than applying for meds and PCC's.

Hi, Exactly same thing to me as well. fOR THE LAST THREE MONTHS THE AGENT IS IN PERFECT SLUMBER AND TIGHT LIPPED..NO REPLY AT ALL.

REGDS

Guest gotcha88

i'm a bit concerned abt mi IELTS.

I took my IELTS exams in January 2008 and got band 7.5, applied in May2008, SS 176 - Computer Auditor, sent medicals and PCC in August 2009. however i'm concerned whether DIAC will ask me and my wife to take IELTS again as it expires after 2 year, i.e in January 2010.

CAn anybody conform whether IELTS will need to be done again?

thanks

g

Guest proud2beaussie

I don't actually think that there is much wrong with the principle of giving applicants points for having an occupation on the MODL etc ,nor IMO is there anything wrong with a government giving priority to people with sponsorship,I don't see anything really wrong with the principle of giving priority to certain occupations etc,I also think that it's necessary to recognise that when things like the global financial crisis happens then migration programs are going to be affected,the problems start to happen when the goal posts are shifted and people who are close to visa grant are shuffled back down the queue ,that not only creates confusion and anger for the applicants it has the potential to tarnish the reputation that Australia has of being a country that gives everyone a fair go,the least they could do is to alter the migration act to allow people a refund if they choose to withdraw their application.

The government must be allowed to run the migration program the way it thinks it should be run-however they must set the parameters and stick to them,and in doing so restore some confidence in the system and salvage some pride as well.

Guest renette

hi everyone,

we were very exited about the news, but because of so many rumours, decided to confirm with our case officer. our question to her was following:

I
t has been some time now since the priority processing changes have been made (23 September 2009), also the weekly status email (
) does not provide any updated information with regards to the processing time lines.
Do you have any information from your department that might shed some light on our processing status? (considering that medicals & police clearance have been finalised)

Her answer:

The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. I regret to advise that your case is not currently at this stage of processing. You will be contacted in coming months if further processing is to take place on your application in this program year.

Regards

xxxxxx

SO, we replied the following:

T
hank you very much for your quick reply. I too have received this information from the MIA, worded a little differently.
“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial
Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration
visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored
non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisation
will focus on applications where health and character checks have been
requested by the case officer.”
Is this statement from MIA correct?
Yours Sincerely

She replied:

Dear Mr xx

The statement is correct, but please note that only a small number of

applications may be finalised, where health and character clearance

validity is about to expire.

Your health and character clearances are valid until November 2010.

You will be advised as soon as your application is ready to be progressed.

Regards

Hope this helps!

I took my IELTS exams in January 2008 and got band 7.5, applied in May2008, SS 176 - Computer Auditor, sent medicals and PCC in August 2009. however i'm concerned whether DIAC will ask me and my wife to take IELTS again as it expires after 2 year, i.e in January 2010.

thanks

g

as far as I know from other applicants, YES. or maybe I am wrong, but it happened to them, they retook IELTS after it expired.

thanks

g

and others said, you don't need to retake as per CO, but we'll see in your case. It depends I think. I am not really sure about the official info regarding the IELTS issue. So since it's not a factor in the recent changes with regards to expiration after lodging your application, then you must not have a problem with it.

Cheers

Guest lazybass

“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer.”

Hi There

Can I start by saying a big thank you to not only the famous 5 but to everyone who has since 23/9 put so much time and effort into trying to get things changed. Thank You

What I cannot understand is everytime changes are made they are not very clear as the statement above, surely what they should be now saying is everyone who had a CO and had be requested medidals and had them done prior to 23/9 will now be processed as by saying a small number means it is still a lottery for us involved, It should be all or none. I see that there have been some cat 5 that have recently received their visa but had a CO after we originally did so is it a case of if your original CO is not too busy you may get your visa! 2012 will be too late for us as our eldest son will be 19 so i'm just hoping we get some good luck for a change and hope all of you in our position do as well.

Happy Xmas & New Year Too You All

Guest Sebbers

What I cannot understand is everytime changes are made they are not very clear as the statement above, surely what they should be now saying is everyone who had a CO and had be requested medidals and had them done prior to 23/9 will now be processed as by saying a small number means it is still a lottery for us involved, It should be all or none

I agree entirely the statement isn't very clear is it

Guest renette

Hello ,

in my previous post, i forgot to mention that our case officer said our medicals are valid until november 2010, but we submitted our pc end of august, and our medicals were finalised end of september. we did send her another mail asking her how they do their calculations, so will inform everyone once we get a reply.

Gill,

I think we should ask mr. Wilden to comment the DIAC message to MIA. It seems that he is the only person we can communicate with.

“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisations will focus on applications where health and character checks have been requested by the case officer.”

:confused:

hi everyone,

we were very exited about the news, but because of so many rumours, decided to confirm with our case officer. our question to her was following:

I
t has been some time now since the priority processing changes have been made (23 September 2009), also the weekly status email (
) does not provide any updated information with regards to the processing time lines.
Do you have any information from your department that might shed some light on our processing status? (considering that medicals & police clearance have been finalised)

Her answer:

The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. I regret to advise that your case is not currently at this stage of processing. You will be contacted in coming months if further processing is to take place on your application in this program year.

Regards

xxxxxx

SO, we replied the following:

T
hank you very much for your quick reply. I too have received this information from the MIA, worded a little differently.
“The Department is processing applications according to Ministerial
Direction No. 42 - Order of consideration - certain Skilled Migration
visas. The Department anticipates that a small number of State sponsored
non-CSL applications will be finalised this program year. Finalisation
will focus on applications where health and character checks have been
requested by the case officer.”
Is this statement from MIA correct?
Yours Sincerely

She replied:

Dear Mr xx

The statement is correct, but please note that only a small number of

applications may be finalised, where health and character clearance

validity is about to expire.

Your health and character clearances are valid until November 2010.

You will be advised as soon as your application is ready to be progressed.

Regards

Hope this helps!

Dear all,

As per this post, it means that the scene is hazy, not at all clear. I feel that the scene should be made clear. If the CSL cases keeps on piling and the progress is at tortoise pace,,it is only gonna be a dream finally..

:arghh:

Archived