Category 5 News

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest Miajohnson

Hello,

What do you think will happen to the cases lodged before Sept. 23rd,2009, but without CO? Being processed or keep waiting till 2012 or cease and cap till 2012 or...

I feel it quite unfair for us to wait till 2012 without notice beforehand. We don't have any choice but wait.

Could we send complaints to DIAC and Chris Evans, asking for our right and the exemption of being processed in the near future?

My gut feeling tells me that I should do something instead of keep waiting.

Urs sincerely,

Mia

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Miajohnson

Got this email from my agent on Friday

xxxxxx called ASPC on your behalf to obtain an update on the application progress and Nathan advised that the new Priority Processing directive from the Minister is that non-CSL can expect to wait until 2011 before any further processing.

I just feel like crying.

Liz x

Guest antipope
Hello,

What do you think will happen to the cases lodged before Sept. 23rd,2009, but without CO? Being processed or keep waiting till 2012 or cease and cap till 2012 or...

I feel it quite unfair for us to wait till 2012 without notice beforehand. We don't have any choice but wait.

Could we send complaints to DIAC and Chris Evans, asking for our right and the exemption of being processed in the near future?

My gut feeling tells me that I should do something instead of keep waiting.

Urs sincerely,

Mia

Let's hope something happens soon, my application was 'being processed further' on 11/09/09 and I was hoping to be allocated a CO soon after. Then 23/09 changed everything and now i have no idea if or when anything will change. I'm now having to use funds set aside for my move to oz to live on here, as I took voluntary redundancy thinking i'd be in oz by early January this year, and in the current climate I can't get a job in my area at the moment.

Guest VickyMel
Hi Miajohnson

Got this email from my agent on Friday

xxxxxx called ASPC on your behalf to obtain an update on the application progress and Nathan advised that the new Priority Processing directive from the Minister is that non-CSL can expect to wait until 2011 before any further processing.

I just feel like crying.

Liz x

Hi Liz

Really sorry to read the above - I have seen a couple of similar comments re DIAC processing and posted them on the 176 thread.

Its really awful in your case cos you have been waiting Soooooooo long.

Hopefully the changes mean that non-CSL stop being processed and 2011 for you means the beginning of the new DIAC year being July?

:hug:

The links to the other postings are on my earlier post at http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now-296.html#post740989

VickyMel

Guest jackd

Another 475 visa grant here is timeline.& the lucky one is Anh.nt

475 applied ------31.12.2009

Co. ---------------- 15.03.2010

Grant--------------20.04.2010.:notworthy:

475 Online31/12/09Urban & Regional planner

VIETNAMYesSentSent01/01/1001/01/1015/03/1020/04/10CSL applied, 09 Feb 2010, Application being processed further, 15, march 2010, docs met . Got lovely visa . Thanks all

jackd.

Another 475 visa grant here is timeline.& the lucky one is Anh.nt

475 applied ------31.12.2009

Co. ---------------- 15.03.2010

Grant--------------20.04.2010.:notworthy:

475 Online31/12/09Urban & Regional planner

VIETNAMYesSentSent01/01/1001/01/1015/03/1020/04/10CSL applied, 09 Feb 2010, Application being processed further, 15, march 2010, docs met . Got lovely visa . Thanks all

jackd.

Hi Jackd

Wow that was quick... only 4 months? Is that right???

Congratulations and happy celebrations...:jiggy:

I don't seem to have your details on the other Cat 5 thread and wondered if you would mind me adding your timeline on the first page to that thread too; http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now.html

Would you mind filling out the below to help me add your details;

NAME: Jackd

Priority No. 5

DATE OF 175 VISA APPLICATION:

DATE SS GRANTED:

SPONSORED BY WHICH STATE:

DATE MEDS & PC'S UPLOADED:

ADDITIONAL INFO:

C/O:

Many thanks and have a fantasitc celebration tonight!:biggrin:

Guest Miajohnson
I assumed it was maybe a CSL visa, not Cat 5, given it was so quick??

Yes, Urban & Regional planner is on the CSL.

Guest jackd
Hi Jackd

Wow that was quick... only 4 months? Is that right???

Congratulations and happy celebrations...:jiggy:

I don't seem to have your details on the other Cat 5 thread and wondered if you would mind me adding your timeline on the first page to that thread too; http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now.html

Would you mind filling out the below to help me add your details;

NAME: Jackd

Priority No. 5

DATE SS GRANTED:

ADDITIONAL INFO:

C/O:

Many thanks and have a fantasitc celebration tonight!:biggrin:

HI, Taz 2008

I think u didn't read my post carefully it's not my grant , it's Anh,nt's grant.

I am also waiting for grant like u & others.

and also it's csl application.:notworthy:

jackd.

Guest VickyMel

I think Taz assumed (as it was not stated in your post) that as you were posting the grant on the thread for news on Category 5 visas - that it was, as you would expect to read here, news of a Cat 5 grant...

HI, Taz 2008

I think u didn't read my post carefully it's not my grant , it's Anh,nt's grant.

I am also waiting for grant like u & others.

and also it's csl application.:notworthy:

jackd.

Hi Jackd

Yes sorry my mistake. I was in a rush reading the posts this morning and I misread your post. Like VickyMel said, its a Cat 5 thread and I assumed you was talking about a Cat 5 visa! :wub:

Thanks

Tasha

EDIT: You can still come and join our thread if you want to? :wink:

Hey everyone..

What is going on with cateory 5 applicants? Can someone explain please?

Are our category 5 applications on hold now? or, have visa grants stopped for all categories this year?

Ahmad

My self i think they have just finished digging a black hole to kick us all in to it. what a sham!

Guest Gollywobbler
I do not see any more grants for category 5 applicants any where on the internet these days. I hope this does not mean we are frozen again :(

Hi Ahmad

DIAC TRANSFORMATION AND THE GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION PROGRAM

The Department of Immigration and Citizenship is undergoing a wide-ranging transformation program to position itself as a high performing immigration and citizenship organisation, equipped to compete in global markets and attract the best migrants and key skills required for Australia. The transformation process will enable the department to deliver globally consistent services to our clients.

The General Skilled Migration (GSM) program is an active participant in the transformation process and is currently implementing planned changes to enable a consistent management of both the Adelaide and Brisbane GSM sites. To align with other business areas, a restructure of the two GSM sites into a total case management model, is being implemented. This will provide improved client service delivery through the provision of a direct email channel between clients and their case officers. The effective date for the restructure in Adelaide is Monday 3 May 2010. Further information and correct contact channels will be provided shortly.

The GSM program is now aligned to Mr Greg Kelly, Global Manager, Skilled and Family Visas. Both the Adelaide and Brisbane GSM sites are now managed by the Acting Director - Program Delivery, GSM, Ms Elizabeth Kerrish. Mr David Edwards has recently accepted the position of Territory Director, in the department's Darwin Office.

Within the 2009-10 GSM program, the department continues to give priority processing to applicants who have an occupation on the Critical Skills List including those sponsored by state and territory governments. In line with these priority processing arrangements, the department is actively processing applications on hand and will provide information to applicants as their application progresses.

The processing areas are focusing on the integrity of the GSM caseload as well as applications that may be more complex in nature. The focus on integrity is an important measure to ensure visa program outcomes are delivered as intended by the Migration Act 1958 and in accordance with government policy. Furthermore, the reallocation of resources to complex applications provides the department an opportunity to potentially reduce processing timeframes for affected applicants. This temporary shift in focus may reduce the number of applications finalised in the near future and may have an impact on current processing timeframes. You may notice less applications being finalised in the very quick processing timeframes you have become accustomed to seeing, in particular where Decision Ready Checklists are utilised.

The department remains committed to client service standards and the delivery of service excellence to our clients.

Cheers,

George Lombard

I think the information above probably explains the delay.

Cheers

Gill

Guest sagar

Thank GOD

You All Must Know That GOD is Present

He Listens..

After Long period of From OCT 2008 to Apr 2010

I GOT my STATUS of Application Approved.

I will Get the PINK SLIP OF VISA it in 1-2 weeks

IT IS WRONG TO SAY "I GOT IT"

BEST SAID IS "" GOD GAVE ME""

Thanks GOD

Thanks to all of the Forum

GILL and all other

Always Praying

SAGAR...................

Guest jackd
Thank GOD

He Listens..

Thanks GOD

GILL and all other

Always Praying

SAGAR...................

Hello,Sagar

Nice to heard from you, & big big congratulationls for your grant..................

Can u pls share your timline & also tell when u got your 2nd CO or U got direct grant or recently you had send any ple or call to ASPC...

waiting for your replay........

Regard's

jackd.:notworthy:

Guest pinal
Thank GOD

He Listens..

Thanks GOD

GILL and all other

Always Praying

SAGAR...................

Hi Sagar,

BIG Congratulations..............:jiggy:

pls. share your Time line

Thank GOD

He Listens..

Thanks GOD

GILL and all other

Always Praying

SAGAR...................

Hi Sagar

Congratulations on getting your visa, hope you have a great day celebrating.

I wonder if you would mind filling out the info below so I can add your timeline to the other Cat 5 visa thread, as I don't seem to have your details on there; http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now.html

NAME: [user name]

Priority No. 5

DATE SS GRANTED:

ADDITIONAL INFO:

C/O:

Many thanks,

Tasha :wubclub:

Hi Guys

I`M STILL HERE,JUST STARTED OUT ON CHAMPAGNE,GONNA MOVE ON TO BEERS AND A BARBEQUE LATER ON,ON MY WAY TO CLOUD 9. My husband sneaked in with the good news while I was sleeping so that he can get all the THANK YOU`S, now he is laughing his head off(sneaky b*****d:biglaugh:)

We got our visa,this morning I never gave our c/o a break and every week or second week I sent them e-mails requesting updates and basically telling them we dont want to keep getting caught up in DIAC`s games.I think they just got sick of me cos it paid off,and we got our visa. We will now be looking into booking flights for the first week in September.I dont really like the validation by date which is 9/11.September the 11th:huh:

For those who are still waiting,dont give up yet,keep demanding answers,they took ur money so they owe u,my fingers are crossed for all of you.

Kind Regards Mylady

Guest Violet S

Hi Mylady,

Congratulations to your visa. May I know do you frontload your meds and police report?

Thanks and regards,

violet

Guest Violet S

Hi Sagar,

Congrats. Can you share your timeline?

Cheers,

Violet

Thank GOD

He Listens..

Thanks GOD

GILL and all other

Always Praying

SAGAR...................

Hi Mylady,

Congratulations to your visa. May I know do you frontload your meds and police report?

Thanks and regards,

violet

Hi

No we did not front load,our co requested it before the sept 23 changes,after the changes they asked us to to cancel,as soon as we saw a few visas being granted we got back on their case and they asked us to proceed with the meds in January,I kept bugging them until we got our visa granted.

Guest Violet S

Mylady,

You submitted on the 20/08/2009, right? May I know when did your CO request the info from you?

Thanks and regards,

Violet

Mylady,

You submitted on the 20/08/2009, right? May I know when did your CO request the info from you?

Thanks and regards,

Violet

Hi Violet:hug:

We lodged our application on the 20th of August,and on the 2/09/09 we were requested for our pcc and meds.We applied for the pcc`s and our meds were booked for the 29/09/09 but then the Sept 23 changes took place and again I e-mailed my co to find out if we should go ahead and do the meds,he said to cancel until further notice.In January I emailed the same CO to say that I have noticed that there were visas being granted to people who had everything `met` and what should we do because our meds would have been done if he did not ask us to cancel.Our 1st PCC expires in October,So on January the 11th we recieved an e-mail from another CO telling us to go ahead and do the meds,which we did.When I knew that the meds were there and all cleared I sent an e-mail to say that everything they requested was sent to them and if they could tell us how long before we know whats happening.We then received an e-mail saying that our application will be looked at in the coming fortnight,I waited a fortnight and a day before I sent another e-mail,I did not get a reply so I re-sent it 4 days later,which was yesterday and today we got the good news.

I think they were tired of of my nagging e-mails and sad stories of how much this delays are affecting our lives,(which is true,we have had our lives on hold for 2 years,living on a shoe string in order to save)

They just got fed up and wanted to get rid of me:yes:I was driving my CO crazy,I could just picture him climbing the walls whenever he opened his e-mails:biglaugh:

Archived