Will you all stop saying we are all sad!

Guest meme

Guest guest30038
I have found that those who love Australia (both Aussies and Brits) find it very hard indeed when someone sticks their hand up and says that they don't like it and prefer the UK. It seems to arouse huge hostility and defensiveness. I have observed this so very many times now that I could not be persuaded that this isn't the case.

So are you saying that those members here on PIO, who respond kindly to those returning to the UK, and who say that they recognise that Oz may not be everyone's cup of tea, and wish the returnees well, are simply paying lip service?

kev

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a great post, 2Tigers. I agree with what you said. I think it's fine to vent but I think it is childish (that's not a compliment) of those who didn't find their life in Australia to be what they hoped to bash and make snarky remarks about those who do love Australia.

PIO is for all of us: some of us PIO'ers love it here in Aust, some of us don't, some of us are still figuring out our way after arriving, and some of us are still waiting to get here. The negative sniping that goes on from some of the people here doesn't help anyone least of all the person striking out as they have their whinge - justified or not!

Guest proud2beaussie

Anyone who gives Australia a go deserves an A for effort,it's a huge thing to move your life to the other side of the world and it's a huge effort to move it back again,I don't think people who move back are sad at all,I think it's sad that they decide to move back but Australia is not everyone's cup of tea and most sensible people recognise that.

I happen to love Australia,others don't,live and let live.

Guest chris_mac

Pre AU....Exciting.

During AU... Excitment, Sadness

Post AU...Anger

Subject to each and owns individual experiences, circumstances, or state of mind "During AU" significantly reflects on the outcome of the latter and continuation of the first.

IMHO

Guest lifeinmono
So are you saying that those members here on PIO, who respond kindly to those returning to the UK, and who say that they recognise that Oz may not be everyone's cup of tea, and wish the returnees well, are simply paying lip service?

kev

Never said ALL Aussies/Brits in Aus are that way inclined.

All I am saying is that there is more defensiveness from those who love Australia than there is from those who love the UK.

Never said ALL Aussies/Brits in Aus are that way inclined.

All I am saying is that there is more defensiveness from those who love Australia than there is from those who love the UK.

And how long have you been reading PIO?

From your join date you've been here, oh, all of three days. :jimlad:

This is all starting to sound strangely familiar... again.

Guest sh7t man no way
And how long have you been reading PIO?

From your join date you've been here, oh, all of three days. :jimlad:

This is all starting to sound strangely familiar... again.

who is it bexta--- this strangely familiar voice:biglaugh:

who is it bexta--- this strangely familiar voice

The Resurrection

kev

Quick! Grab your wooden stakes and silver bullets... the hunt is on again! :wink::policeman:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
Hip Hip Hooray

Hip Hip Hooray

Hip Hip Hooray

it's all looking Rosie Jim's off and the Sun's out tomorrow.

Jim's all yours Mr Rudd !

HI, ESSEX TO AUS,

i have got some bad news for you its gonna be a long time before i emigrate, we are going to validate our visas next year on a months long holiday visit to the great country that is OZ so i will be on here for ages giving it large!!! over the crap that goes on in the uk and as luck would have it when gormless gordon gets booted out, devious dave will take his place and so all thats sh-t about the uk and we all know theres a load of sh-t, will just get even sh-tter. On another subject, just where are you living at the moment and why are you becoming obsessed with me, you do know that i am a happily married hetrosexual guy, don't you or don't you care.

jim, 6' 3 big and butch hairy a-sed prison officer.:biglaugh:

Guest sh7t man no way
HI, ESSEX TO AUS,

i have got some bad news for you its gonna be a long time before i emigrate, we are going to validate our visas next year on a months long holiday visit to the great country that is OZ so i will be on here for ages giving it large!!! over the crap that goes on in the uk and as luck would have it when gormless gordon gets booted out, devious dave will take his place and so all thats sh-t about the uk and we all know theres a load of sh-t, will just get even sh-tter. On another subject, just where are you living at the moment and why are you becoming obsessed with me, you do know that i am a happily married hetrosexual guy, don't you or don't you care.

glad your staying in the greatest country on earth a little bit longer--enjoy:wubclub:

HI, ESSEX TO AUS,

Theres alot of sh!t flying around up there.

Essex!

Guest lifeinmono

Oh! I see!

You are under the utterly incorrect misapprehension that I am another member from Perth!

And you think the fact you've ''worked that out'' (nothing like writing your own reviews, eh?) makes you very funny and clever?

Now I get it!

Well, sorry to disappoint the narcissistic sad cases here but I have never set foot in Perth, or indeed WA in general, in my life.

And jolly glad of it too.

By all means ignore this though and carry on amusing yourselves with your own fantasies if that's what you need to do.

Oh! I see!

You are under the utterly incorrect misapprehension that I am another member from Perth!

And you think the fact you've ''worked that out'' (nothing like writing your own reviews, eh?) makes you very funny and clever?

Now I get it!

Well, sorry to disappoint the narcissistic sad cases here but I have never set foot in Perth, or indeed WA in general, in my life.

By all means ignore this though and carry on amusing yourselves with your own fantasies if that's what you need to do.

Pehaps you could tell us a little about yourself? Are you migrating, been to Aus and returned home? - apoligies if you've already posted something in the welcome section.

Ali

Oh! I see!

Now I get it!

sorrry you have a problem but very sad you had to type this.

Guest lifeinmono
Pehaps you could tell us a little about yourself? Are you migrating, been to Aus and returned home? - apoligies if you've already posted something in the welcome section.

Ali

No, haven't posted in the welcome section; didn't actually take notice of that until you mentioned it!

UK born and bred, married an Aussie, now live in Victoria.

Australia is okay but I don't love it as there are a number of things I really don't like about it and it doesn't feel like home.

Does that cover it?

Satisfied now that I'm not your friend from Perth?!

Guest lifeinmono
sorrry you have a problem but very sad you had to type this.

It's MY fault that some other members, without rhyme or reason, chose to start a private in-joke about me?!

Interesting analysis.

Guest lifeinmono
Hi 2tigers,

From all the rest of us on PIO we welcome your consructive remarks and advice of your experience of Australia as long as it not the usual drivel, like theres no good pubs, or beer, or its too hot, the sharks, spiders, crocs, snakes will kill you and all the rest of the drivel we usually get. cheers

jim, visa granted 24/11/09 so i'm buzzing, the UK is great, but Australia looks better.:biggrin:

You mean like all the ''usual drivel'' people say about the UK?! You know, the whinging about how it's too cold and you can't go outside and it's too crowded and too expensive and the chavs will kill you and rest of the drivel we usually get?!

That kind of drivel?

No, haven't posted in the welcome section; didn't actually take notice of that until you mentioned it!

UK born and bred, married an Aussie, now live in Victoria.

Australia is okay but I don't love it as there are a number of things I really don't like about it and it doesn't feel like home.

Does that cover it?

Satisfied now that I'm not your friend from Perth?!

chill out calm down deep breaths.

Archived