Will you all stop saying we are all sad!

Guest meme

For all those people who say we are sad or miserable or missing oz cos we all used to come on here when we livid in oz..OR.. we should be SO SO busy with our new lives back home, to be on here just stop talking crap...don't you GET IT??? We come on here with a morbid pleasure NOW & THEN to see how other people who are or have been in the same situation, with the same feelings as we have experienced when were were there (and maybe, just maybe give some advise, without being accused of bashing the land thats ment to be paved with gold), we all went with the same dream ay?? BUT really we are just thinking..THANK F**K i ain't there anymore, but hey, you are, and it's good to come on here for while and just confirm that Oz was crap, home is fab and THANK GOD, i'm on the right side of the world!!...yeh, yeh, i'm going to get loads of ear bashing for this thread, but hey..go for it, i don't care!!,, i tried, i sure as hell never failed, just hated the god damn place!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For all those people who say we are sad or miserable or missing oz cos we all used to come on here when we livid in oz..OR.. we should be SO SO busy with our new lives back home, to be on here just stop talking crap...don't you GET IT??? We come on here with a morbid pleasure NOW & THEN to see how other people who are or have been in the same situation, with the same feelings as we have experienced when were were there (and maybe, just maybe give some advise, without being accused of bashing the land thats ment to be paved with gold), we all went with the same dream ay?? BUT really we are just thinking..THANK F**K i ain't there anymore, but hey, you are, and it's good to come on here for while and just confirm that Oz was crap, home is fab and THANK GOD, i'm on the right side of the world!!...yeh, yeh, i'm going to get loads of ear bashing for this thread, but hey..go for it, i don't care!!,, i tried, i sure as hell never failed, just hated the god damn place!!

I hope you have a hangover in the morning LOL

Guest sunseekers

MeMe,

I Feel sorry for you ! Was that the result you were looking for from your post ? You are exactly why i love the Ozzie attitude and lifestyle................no wonder you didnt like it. bet they didnt like you !

Get some therapy befor you have a meltdown...

ps...So glad the Uk makes you Happy ...hmmmm ?

Guest guest17301

This ones best ignored. I'm sure Meme posted in haste in response to something that ticked her off. I had to read and reread the post before I realised it was anti-oz...could so easily have been the other way around and have read many similar posts. Hope you gain peace/happiness whereever you are Meme and remember everyone has their own reasons for posting on PIO wherever and whoever they are...doesn't make them happy/sad/bitter/positive/boring/unhappy/ blah blah blah just makes them 'them'.

Nope wasn't on the wine when i wrote my post, nor am i angry, bitter or twisted...i just say it like it is thats all...any other suggestions?

Nope wasn't on the wine when i wrote my post, nor am i angry, bitter or twisted...i just say it like it is thats all...any other suggestions?

and you need not make any excuses for that..

In general I agree with you Meme. I pop back on here every now and again too, to see if I can help anyone, to see if there is anyone who is going through what I did. To offer some support or advice.

This forum is for those "Moving back to the UK"........ plenty of reasons so many of us move back home, majority being because we are not happy in AU and miss home, there shouldnt be any judging from others who are fortunate to have settled.

Guest sunseekers
This ones best ignored. I'm sure Meme posted in haste in response to something that ticked her off. I had to read and reread the post before I realised it was anti-oz...could so easily have been the other way around and have read many similar posts. Hope you gain peace/happiness whereever you are Meme and remember everyone has their own reasons for posting on PIO wherever and whoever they are...doesn't make them happy/sad/bitter/positive/boring/unhappy/ blah blah blah just makes them 'them'.

Directed at me Fiona ? There's a nice change.....not !:biglaugh:

Is that Fence not hurting your bum yet ? Yawn...............:tongue:

Guest The Ropey HOFF
In general I agree with you Meme. I pop back on here every now and again too, to see if I can help anyone, to see if there is anyone who is going through what I did. To offer some support or advice.

This forum is for those "Moving back to the UK"........ plenty of reasons so many of us move back home, majority being because we are not happy in AU and miss home, there shouldnt be any judging from others who are fortunate to have settled.

Hi 2tigers,

i don't think you have been on PIO for a while, you see there are a small contingent of Poms who have returned to the uk, who i refer to as POB Poms in Britain, who are constantly doing OZ down and come across as very bitter and unhelpful. I have advised them to start their own site PIB, so they can whinge an whine about there experiences in OZ and then let the rest of us happy pro-OZ people to get on with the looking forward thoughts, instead of the looking back negative ones. From all the rest of us on PIO we welcome your consructive remarks and advice of your experience of Australia as long as it not the usual drivel, like theres no good pubs, or beer, or its too hot, the sharks, spiders, crocs, snakes will kill you and all the rest of the drivel we usually get. cheers

jim, visa granted 24/11/09 so i'm buzzing, the UK is great, but Australia looks better.:biggrin:

Hi 2tigers,

i don't think you have been on PIO for a while, you see there are a small contingent of Poms who have returned to the uk, who i refer to as POB Poms in Britain, who are constantly doing OZ down and come across as very bitter and unhelpful. I have advised them to start their own site PIB, so they can whinge an whine about there experiences in OZ and then let the rest of us happy pro-OZ people to get on with the looking forward thoughts, instead of the looking back negative ones. From all the rest of us on PIO we welcome your consructive remarks and advice of your experience of Australia as long as it not the usual drivel, like theres no good pubs, or beer, or its too hot, the sharks, spiders, crocs, snakes will kill you and all the rest of the drivel we usually get. cheers

jim, visa granted 24/11/09 so i'm buzzing, the UK is great, but Australia looks better.:biggrin:

Are you not moving back to Britain?

Guest sh7t man no way

at least you give it a go meme-- i take me hat of to you well done---also you have the experience of both aus,and the uk--a lot of people on here dont have that---i for one wont give you an earbashing--- you were brave enough to try aus,and brave enough to regect aus,and move back home----i for one respect you for that.:wubclub:

find somthing real to get angry with it will help more than taking it out on someone you would not even know if you were sitting next to them.

Just voicing my opionion that's all....it's not me who sounds the angry one i'm afraid.

I hardly come on here, and if I do its mainly to enlighten people relocating with children, and the realistic consequences that may happen if things don't work out for them in AU

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/47091-children-what-happens-if-you-your-partner-decide-go-home.html.

There is good and bad in both countries. I'm not bitter in any way, I used to be but that was aimed at my ex husband for what he put us through. But Ive now forgiven him and moved on.

What I don't understand is why people who are not relocating back to the UK are posting on this forum (moving back to the UK) and knocking others on their thoughts? There has to be somewhere that people like Meme can vent, and PIO is a neutral ground where similar people meet and discuss their shattered dreams. As everyone on here knows, it takes a lot of organizing and decisions to make that move, so its very frustrating when your dreams turn into a nightmare, its like being cheated, sends you into a whirlwind of emotions.

Its good therapy to talk to others and discuss reasons as to why it didnt work out, its a kind of reassurance knowing it wasn't "Just me", that there are others out there who also couldnt settle. Theres nothing wrong with it, in fact, I think it takes strength to admit its not worked and to make that decision to come home.... most people come home with nothing, as they have lost everything in chasing their dream, then see it disintegrate before their eyes. It hurts, believe me. Then the whole building your life back up again in the UK takes time and strength. We reflect on our experiences until we accept. And moving through these emotions is natural and its needed to enable us to close doors. We all react differently, in a way its like grieving the loss of a dream. Some are bitter, some angry, some sad.

If your happy being in AU, maybe you shouldn't read this forum (moving back to UK), as it is for people moving back. The posts on here may upset you and may make you angry. I feel that as long as its directed in the correct thread, people like Meme have every right to voice their opinion. Its been their experience and they should not be alienated because their dream didn't work out.

It appears some people have this illusion that POI is only for people who love Australia and live in or about to move to Australia. Wrong. There are many of us who have spent years planning, living and trying. And it didn't work out. Where some posts are from people whose visa applications still have wet ink and have no experience. Its wrong, its unfair and its too much living in a bubble to be honest. We never know what our futures hold. And god forbid if our dreams are shattered. Live out of the box and take our blinkers off. Theres many directions our lives can take us...... never in my life would I have thought I would be where I am now.

I am sorry for those with shattered dreams, but at least you tried! Majority of people dont have the guts to get that far, its only ever a dream to them. You tried it, it wasn't you and you came home to your comforts..... that is a strong person to admit it wasn't you, its not a failure, its strength in your personality to not accept life when your unhappy. I wish you the best of luck x

Hip Hip Hooray

Hip Hip Hooray

Hip Hip Hooray

it's all looking Rosie Jim's off and the Sun's out tomorrow.

Jim's all yours Mr Rudd !

Hi 2tigers,

I'm Buzzing so much I can't sleep (Even the bee's have had enough of my Buzzing)

Every one Jim's off

Any one else buzzing ?????????????????????????????/

Guest sh7t man no way

thank you 2 tigers--- the best post ive read on here--- youve just summed up a lot of peoples feelings--- thank you.

Guest sh7t man no way
MeMe,

I Feel sorry for you ! Was that the result you were looking for from your post ? You are exactly why i love the Ozzie attitude and lifestyle................no wonder you didnt like it. bet they didnt like you !

Get some therapy befor you have a meltdown...

ps...So glad the Uk makes you Happy ...hmmmm ?

i think the result meme wuz looking for in his thread was a balance between the good,and bad about peoples experiences in aus (a fair point) i dont think meme is looking for your sympathy, more your understanding--im happy your happy living in aus

i think the result meme wuz looking for in his thread was a balance between the good,and bad about peoples experiences in aus (a fair point) i dont think meme is looking for your sympathy, more your understanding--im happy your happy living in aus

I love you Man

Guest lifeinmono
I hardly come on here, and if I do its mainly to enlighten people relocating with children, and the realistic consequences that may happen if things don't work out for them in AU

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/47091-children-what-happens-if-you-your-partner-decide-go-home.html.

There is good and bad in both countries. I'm not bitter in any way, I used to be but that was aimed at my ex husband for what he put us through. But Ive now forgiven him and moved on.

What I don't understand is why people who are not relocating back to the UK are posting on this forum (moving back to the UK) and knocking others on their thoughts? There has to be somewhere that people like Meme can vent, and PIO is a neutral ground where similar people meet and discuss their shattered dreams. As everyone on here knows, it takes a lot of organizing and decisions to make that move, so its very frustrating when your dreams turn into a nightmare, its like being cheated, sends you into a whirlwind of emotions.

Its good therapy to talk to others and discuss reasons as to why it didnt work out, its a kind of reassurance knowing it wasn't "Just me", that there are others out there who also couldnt settle. Theres nothing wrong with it, in fact, I think it takes strength to admit its not worked and to make that decision to come home.... most people come home with nothing, as they have lost everything in chasing their dream, then see it disintegrate before their eyes. It hurts, believe me. Then the whole building your life back up again in the UK takes time and strength. We reflect on our experiences until we accept. And moving through these emotions is natural and its needed to enable us to close doors. We all react differently, in a way its like grieving the loss of a dream. Some are bitter, some angry, some sad.

If your happy being in AU, maybe you shouldn't read this forum (moving back to UK), as it is for people moving back. The posts on here may upset you and may make you angry. I feel that as long as its directed in the correct thread, people like Meme have every right to voice their opinion. Its been their experience and they should not be alienated because their dream didn't work out.

It appears some people have this illusion that POI is only for people who love Australia and live in or about to move to Australia. Wrong. There are many of us who have spent years planning, living and trying. And it didn't work out. Where some posts are from people whose visa applications still have wet ink and have no experience. Its wrong, its unfair and its too much living in a bubble to be honest. We never know what our futures hold. And god forbid if our dreams are shattered. Live out of the box and take our blinkers off. Theres many directions our lives can take us...... never in my life would I have thought I would be where I am now.

I have found that those who love Australia (both Aussies and Brits) find it very hard indeed when someone sticks their hand up and says that they don't like it and prefer the UK. It seems to arouse huge hostility and defensiveness. I have observed this so very many times now that I could not be persuaded that this isn't the case.

I have found that those who love Australia (both Aussies and Brits) find it very hard indeed when someone sticks their hand up and says that they don't like it and prefer the UK. It seems to arouse huge hostility and defensiveness. I have observed this so very many times now that I could not be persuaded that this isn't the case.

I think people who say things they don't like get treated fine....I only notice the trouble really kick off when people are rude about it....making gross generalisations just to annoy others....but the one's who just say how they feel in a constructive way usually just get constructive comments back. I think it is all a bit of a strawman argument.

Archived