Who's coming home

Bod

If your not coming home and have no intensions of coming home. This thread is not for you. Or indeed you are on your way out to Aus.

So basically your not invited.

All of you coming home or at least would like to come home, you are invited.

So lets be having you. Who are you?

Can I join in because I want to go home :wubclub:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest proud2beaussie
Thanks Nigel that's great. I usually use Best Flights a Perth based company. I also want to transfer proceeds of sale from my Australian bank account to my mum's account in UK as I don't have a UK bank account at the moment. Thinking about using that FxHx or whateve they're called rather than using banks 'cos they like to take their chunk don't they!

I have friends who manage Best Flights so if you are interested in any quote I give you they will be able to book it for you.

we are off soon hopefully!!!. been here 2 and a half years and have spent nearly four years of my life in oz..........i think i can draw a line under the fact i'm not supposed to be here!!!!!.....role on the north of engalnd....rain and all!!!

we are off soon hopefully!!!. been here 2 and a half years and have spent nearly four years of my life in oz..........i think i can draw a line under the fact i'm not supposed to be here!!!!!.....role on the north of engalnd....rain and all!!!

Thank you John for joining our club.

We will be heading back next year around May/June....it is not that I do not like Australia...it is just I miss my family so much and never imagined how hard it would be living here with 2 young boys and no family around us.....fine when it was the 2 of us. To me it does not feel right not having my boys grow up with extended family. We do live in a lovely house, lovely area but if you do not have anyone to share it with what is the point.....I know some people have said I should live for my immediate family but I am sorry I cannot help the way I feel and try as I might it has been difficult for me not to have the family support. I also feel guilty having 2 lovely boys that my family do not get to enjoy......

Good luck for everyone returning....for me it was the biggest decision I have ever had to make, so much harder than the one to move here!!

We will be heading back next year around May/June....it is not that I do not like Australia...it is just I miss my family so much and never imagined how hard it would be living here with 2 young boys and no family around us.....fine when it was the 2 of us. To me it does not feel right not having my boys grow up with extended family. We do live in a lovely house, lovely area but if you do not have anyone to share it with what is the point.....I know some people have said I should live for my immediate family but I am sorry I cannot help the way I feel and try as I might it has been difficult for me not to have the family support. I also feel guilty having 2 lovely boys that my family do not get to enjoy......

Good luck for everyone returning....for me it was the biggest decision I have ever had to make, so much harder than the one to move here!!

Thats sad. It's is nice to hear your not blaming Aus, but it does not have to be Aussie's fault for it not working.

Be sure your doing the wight thing as I can assure you as much as I love life back home, nothing has changed and after a few weeks thing will be the norm for every one else as if you had never left , and it's a tough job getting back on your feet again.

I know it was right for me but 18 months later I feel I'm just getting over the hangover of my Australian experiance.

Good Luck

JohnX

Thats sad. It's is nice to hear your not blaming Aus, but it does not have to be Aussie's fault for it not working.

Be sure your doing the wight thing as I can assure you as much as I love life back home, nothing has changed and after a few weeks thing will be the norm for every one else as if you had never left , and it's a tough job getting back on your feet again.

I know it was right for me but 18 months later I feel I'm just getting over the hangover of my Australian experiance.

Good Luck

Thanks John, I do worry that we are doing the wrong thing....but if we do not go how will I ever know. They boys are still young, not yet at school and feel the time is right for us now, should we leave it any later we may become trapped. Do you regret coming back? Or was it just the costs involved I really would be interested why it never worked for you in Oz and why it has been 18 months and your still getting over it.....I do fear once you have been on this migrant journey you will struggle to settle anywhere because there is always something to compare.

At this point we are hoping to rent our house here in Oz (all depending on if my husband gets a transfer with his company). We will have citizenship should in the future either ourselves or sons can return.....I do realise it would be a costly exercise but if we were to rent the house the only cost involved with us moving back is the one way flights and removal costs which is really only what we would spend on a holiday for the 4 of us.

Anyway going on a bit now at this point in time it feels right for us to go home and be with our families, we hopefully will return to a different area of the UK and make regular trips back to see family even if its just once a month, it will be 12 times a year our boys and ourselves can see our loving family which is so much better than once every 2-3 years!!

Hope everything works out well for you John and you get over your hangover of OZ soon.,.....an 18 month hangover not good!!:arghh:

Good Luck

Thanks John, I do worry that we are doing the wrong thing....but if we do not go how will I ever know. They boys are still young, not yet at school and feel the time is right for us now, should we leave it any later we may become trapped. Do you regret coming back? Or was it just the costs involved I really would be interested why it never worked for you in Oz and why it has been 18 months and your still getting over it.....I do fear once you have been on this migrant journey you will struggle to settle anywhere because there is always something to compare.

At this point we are hoping to rent our house here in Oz (all depending on if my husband gets a transfer with his company). We will have citizenship should in the future either ourselves or sons can return.....I do realise it would be a costly exercise but if we were to rent the house the only cost involved with us moving back is the one way flights and removal costs which is really only what we would spend on a holiday for the 4 of us.

Anyway going on a bit now at this point in time it feels right for us to go home and be with our families, we hopefully will return to a different area of the UK and make regular trips back to see family even if its just once a month, it will be 12 times a year our boys and ourselves can see our loving family which is so much better than once every 2-3 years!!

Hope everything works out well for you John and you get over your hangover of OZ soon.,.....an 18 month hangover not good!!:arghh:

The Hangover being financial. Before we went we had 2 flats a house new van and new car. Now just have the house and a Van for work. Just looking round for a new car now but it has been a stuggle. I never had a plan B.

I main reason for me wanyting to come home was the being trapped in a country I just don't want to be.

I met a good few Poms who were trapped and unhappy that they would never be able to afford to go home and live and that they would die in Australia. That really scared me.

My only regret is doing it in the first place. I don't miss or pine for anything that much

Aus is a good country but its not my country no big shakes life is just the norm, without anyone to share it with.

Good luck but just don't exspect fire works life is what it was I just happen to like what it was so no disapointment for me.

JohnX

Hi, its just so negative and argumentative, i should have ignored it but just like when that bully said there was more crime in Perth than London, i took the P-ss out of him and he went ballistic and got his moronic racist a-se banned from Poms in Oz. This is hopefully my last say on this, all you sad knack-rs who will start slagging Australia off enjoy wallowing in you self pity, everyone else who are there , or are thinking about going, enjoy the moment. Great to see the sad scousers drawing against the never gonna win anything team from Manchester, lifes sweet.

jim.:cute:

Still obsessed with us tho eh? long way to go yet mucker,i'l start worrying when you get your 5th european cup/chmps lge,untill then everythings tickety boo,because you wont win anything this yr either,take the ex scouser out your team and you struggle bigtime.:wink:

The Hangover being financial. Before we went we had 2 flats a house new van and new car. Now just have the house and a Van for work. Just looking round for a new car now but it has been a stuggle. I never had a plan B.

I main reason for me wanyting to come home was the being trapped in a country I just don't want to be.

I met a good few Poms who were trapped and unhappy that they would never be able to afford to go home and live and that they would die in Australia. That really scared me.

My only regret is doing it in the first place. I don't miss or pine for anything that much

Aus is a good country but its not my country no big shakes life is just the norm, without anyone to share it with.

Good luck but just don't exspect fire works life is what it was I just happen to like what it was so no disapointment for me.

JohnX

Hi John

I guess that would be the thing that would worry me is the financial implication, you know we have built up a good life for ourselves not rich but can provide a nice house and living for ourselves and sons.....luckly for us we made a good return on our house in the UK plus when we came over the exchange rate was good....moving back if we did it now with the money we have made on our house here plus the positive in the exchange rate we will have doubled our money......so to me financialy it is all positve.

You had the same fears I have I do not want to feel trapped in this country which you are right so many do...since we made the decision to come back to the UK it is suprising how many poms say I would too but ....blah blah....by the way I am not saying this is everyone some love it and cannot comprehend the thought of going back to the UK....good on them.....every single one of us is different and how it is for one is totally different for the other. I try not to bag OZ because it is a wonderful Country but sadly not for my family.

Thanks for the chat...hope you get over that hangover soon :biggrin:

John , theres plenty of rain ......in cumbria its been described as " biblical"

I'll prepare some quotes for you,Economy and business class,from Sydney to Manchester,one way,24 February 2010.

I'll email them to you later this morning.

Cheers

Nigel , can you do the other way ? - a holiday maybe in 2010 - UK - Perth via Hong Kong ? - Dubai ?, preferably from Brum ( if not Manchester or London )

Still obsessed with us tho eh? long way to go yet mucker,i'l start worrying when you get your 5th european cup/chmps lge,untill then everythings tickety boo,because you wont win anything this yr either,take the ex scouser out your team and you struggle bigtime.:wink:

Pablo , just to digress from the liverpool/ man u spat .

I had to go to a black tie function at Villa Pk on friday night .

2 years ago you wouldnt have got me near the place .....only on the holte end in a suicide vest .

But iam trying to grow up and move on, the hatred in the rivalry drags you down .

The reason for my post , is just to say the commendable job that Randy Lerner has done at Villa Park.

In regards to to the building itself,Hes kept all the old traditional stuff,and left it in situ , and added some real quality, a top quality venue.

The gap between Blues and Villa , in terms of professionalism is night and day, .......ive got to stop now , iam going to cry LOL :biglaugh:

Guest jollyroger
Hi, its just so negative and argumentative, i should have ignored it but just like when that bully said there was more crime in Perth than London, i took the P-ss out of him and he went ballistic and got his moronic racist a-se banned from Poms in Oz. This is hopefully my last say on this, all you sad knack-rs who will start slagging Australia off enjoy wallowing in you self pity, everyone else who are there , or are thinking about going, enjoy the moment. Great to see the sad scousers drawing against the never gonna win anything team from Manchester, lifes sweet.

jim.:cute:

Why are you on here in the first place then??? if your happy with Oz then go and enjoy it and leave us to winge about it.

Don't be like that John...... I only asked a question as I'm wanting to go home.....:wubclub:

Geothrey

You know I agonize for you but this is not were you should be start your own thread and I wont come and join in.

But please still be upbeat as our paths will cross again my little Northern Aussie friend.

Now go on titter along and we'll meet up on another page in our lifes. but for now P!ss off.

Guest proud2beaussie
Nigel , can you do the other way ? - a holiday maybe in 2010 - UK - Perth via Hong Kong ? - Dubai ?, preferably from Brum ( if not Manchester or London )

Hi B61,

I can give you some quotes and a link to a site that you can book through but I'm not allowed to sell tickets in the UK,it's the law and it's there to protect UK residents.

If you would like to send me a PM with some rough dates of when you would like to travel then I would be happy to do some quotes for you.

Cheers

Why are you on here in the first place then??? if your happy with Oz then go and enjoy it and leave us to winge about it.

for the same reason people seem to come back on PIO after they get back "to the land of the living" Can't really be that great if they are on the internet all the time hey!!!! Yep now their living :wacko:

Hi all, i for one really want this thread to continue as i intend to return to the u.k. perminently. Hey do i get a prize for longest serving pom in oz lol i have been here 35 years since age 10 and just want to go home, all ways have all ways will. Now iam in a position to financially return to buy a house and be financially secure for some time. Unlike alot of others who miss family, iam actually leaving my parents behind here in oz and taking my two kids with me aged 16 and 5 so it is of great interest to me as to how people go back in the u.k. Its a huge emotional time and i think its time we had a tread like this to seriously support people going through this proccess as it is a serious major life impacting time. So guys lets be of some real genuine help to each other.

Hi all, i for one really want this thread to continue as i intend to return to the u.k. perminently. Hey do i get a prize for longest serving pom in oz lol i have been here 35 years since age 10 and just want to go home, all ways have all ways will. Now iam in a position to financially return to buy a house and be financially secure for some time. Unlike alot of others who miss family, iam actually leaving my parents behind here in oz and taking my two kids with me aged 16 and 5 so it is of great interest to me as to how people go back in the u.k. Its a huge emotional time and i think its time we had a tread like this to seriously support people going through this proccess as it is a serious major life impacting time. So guys lets be of some real genuine help to each other.

Hi ya

Just wondering as we will have a child that will be 11 when we leave the UK, why you have always wanted to leave Australia (IMHO) a child at 10 wouldn't feel they are missing anything and treat it more as an adventure compaired to lets say a teenager who is starting to find themselves?

I'm not having a go just interested in your thoughts :wubclub:

Guest lottiep

Hi, We returned to the UK 3 months ago ........and are loving it. We have less money, a smaller house and car and the weather has been grey and rainy.....don't care, it's gorgeous!. We managed 6 years in Oz and it never felt like home and I don't miss it at all. Yes, there is an adjustment period, but my feet are on my land again.....and what a beautiful, green, historic land it is.

Those that Love Australia do not have a clue what we are or hve been going through. It is important to know that your not alone. When I relised I'd done the wrong thing I felt very alone as I thought I was the only one with these strange feellings.

This Site has been a god send for me.

Good luck with you move

JohnX

Archived