60 days and counting - watch out Melbourne...

shaunkaren

Well I have just booked the flights up for 8th January!!!! We haven't sold the house, we haven't even rented it out - probably the riskiest thing we have done for a while but decided enough is enough, we want to be in Melbourne and get on with our new adventure (whatever that may bring). Madness does run in the family, thats what comes from having a surname like Wilde!!!:wacko:

Now the fun begins.....

Guest siamsusie
Well I have just booked the flights up for 8th January!!!! We haven't sold the house, we haven't even rented it out - probably the riskiest thing we have done for a while but decided enough is enough, we want to be in Melbourne and get on with our new adventure (whatever that may bring). Madness does run in the family, thats what comes from having a surname like Wilde!!!:wacko:

Now the fun begins.....

What an exciting chrissie your all going to have, have a great trip into the great unknown very best wishes ss xx:wubclub:

Thanks to everyone - still can't believe we are just plungeing in. The older we get the more risk taking we seem to be. We just decided enough of being in limbo, I have just completed my degree and want to put it to good use - noone would have entertained me here. Also the kids can start school at the end of January with all the other children, I have to admit that is my one big worry - that I will pull the kids away from good friends and schools...... But I have just got to get over that and concentrate on helping them find new good friends and schools, they are pretty well adjusted (unlike their parents!) so they should take it all in their stride.

Anyway loads to do and must stop chatting

Karen x

Guest juliemtaylor

wow, is that a one-way ticket??? we are clinging on to the hope we'll sell before June when we have to go by... Enjoy the sunshine and keep us posted...

Julie x

Good luck! Im flying to Perth the same day...Happy New Year!!!

And to you too! Let me know if you fancy a house swap once settled in - we haven't been to Perth. Have already done one house swap (family from Cairns came to our house in Cambourne - which kick started this dream two years ago). It is a brilliant idea and saves loads of money!!!!! I am surprised more members don't do it.

Karen x

Guest ashmalog

Hi Karen

good luck with the move over, it is glorious at the moment and we are glad to have made the move. it took us ages to sell the house but we are glad we did.

we are on the south east side of melbourne and looking around narre warren south, berwick or pakenham.

hopefully you will get the kids settled and you can enjoy this wonderful country.

bonnie

Archived