Moving To Perth 10?????

Hi Biz,

Good to hear from you....so you should be arriving about the same time as us....hope the visa app goes ok....how fab a job to go to....that will make it easier for you.....keep us posted on whats happening....Louise

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Kyeandgem,

What can I say......is there ever a right time? We have had our visa for almost 2 years and didn't do anything about it......that thing shall we go shall we stay....but in the end if you don't go you will never know....I think to myself I don't want to look back in 10 years and think if only we had gone....I think we'll try it for 2-3 years see what happens and take it from there....

I suppose only you can decide if it's for you.....anyway hope you 175 visa arrives soon

Guest burkecath
Hi Catherine,

Good to hear from you.....I see your hubby a joiner too....same as mine....has he got work to go out too? I will email you on facebook as your situation seems really similar to mine and it would be great to have someone to talk too. Also our girls are the same age as mine will be 8 and almost 7 when we get out there.....speak to you soon...Louise

Hi Louise, yeah that'd be gr8 you should be able to find me on facebook (catherine burke) picture of me and the two girls - hate piccies of me while so big but sure will drop once out there and no supply of Galaxy LOL x keep in touch :-) my OH doesn't have a job, but will be looking? hopefully wont be long till he finds work? I hope!!!:jiggy:Getting tired should really switch off now go bed ready for work/school! nite all

Hi Everyone,

What a good idea for a thread!

My boyfriend and I are moving to Perth at the beginning of 2010, as long as all goes to plan! At the moment we are both living in London so its going to be quite a change. I am 29 and my boyfriend is 31, we dont have any kids however I am hoping to get a dog when we get out there (live the dream etc!) if I can persuade him that we should :)

We're quite keen on Fremantle, Claremont, Cottesloe etc as areas to live, but having only visited perth briefly for 2 weeks last year might well end up living somewhere totally different. We'll be sorting all that out when we get there. Kaz (boyfriend) is moving out with his job but I will have to start looking for somewhere to work when we get out there. At the moment we are just finalising his work contract, and then hopefully we will start the 457 visa process, which I think can take up to 8 weeks. So am guessing we'll be there sometime in Jan/Feb if it goes smoothly.

Would love to make some contacts before we arrive, PM me if you want my contact details, I'm on Facebook.

Katie x

Hi Katie,

Good to hear from you, good luck with your boyfriend visa and job.....it's really hard making decisions about where to live etc until you get out there but I suppose if you are renting(like us when we get out there) if we don't like the area at least we can move.......keep us posted on how your visa application is going ....there seems to be quite afew people going out around the same time as you....so you should make some friends on here....speak soon....Louise

Guest shawgorbys
Andrea. no house not up for sale yet, it seems that everytime we get close to getting visa something goes wrong so im just gonna wait till we get it and then house will go on the market. just have to play it by ear im thinking.

kelly

hi lou hope everything goes to plan this time you take care and keep in touch love andrea xx:hug:

Guest mcleod275

Hi everyone

We are flying out to Perth on 11th January 2010. We are starting off staying with a friend in Secret Harbour but are planning to settle NOR near or around Ocean Reef as our eldest daughter has a place at Prendiville Catholic College.

Starting to get a bit stressed here, we are going on holiday on 26th October and get back 10th November and the packers are coming on 16th November!!!!!! We are lucky enough to be able to go and stay with my mum until we leave so we can get our stuff shipped well in advance of us going so hopefully it will arrive the same time as us. We are currently living in military accommodation as we sold our house a couple of years ago (thank the lord) so do not have the stress of trying to sell a house.

Neither of us have jobs to go to but as my OH does not officially leave the army until end of April he will still be receiving a wage from them.

Hope to catch up with you all soon.

Claire xx

Hi Claire,

That's one thing I'm not looking forward to is the packing!! When we arrive we will up by you as we have rented a house in Mullaloo which is just down from Ocean Reef. You did well to get your eldest daughter into school......where is your other daughter going??I have a daughter the same age as your youngest........keep us posted on how you are gettting along....and enjoy your holiday....speak soon.....Louise

Hi Guys,

Having read through the really sucessful thread of Moving To Perth 09, I thought it was time to latch onto this and see who moving to Perth next year as 09 is almost over. What a great thread to get us all talking, SO....is anybody moving to Perth next year ?? Wouldn'y it be great to make some friends and contacts before so at least we feel we know somebody when we arrive...with that said let me introduce myself and family:

I'm Louise(39), my hubby is Kris(43)- carpenter, Morgan(7), Farraday(6) and Jack(3) we will be arriving Perth on the 10th April 10, we have rented a house in Mullaloo to start with and then when our stuff arrives we hope to move to a long term let.

I joined this site back in 07.......but it has taken us this long to get orgainsed and with shall we go or shall we stay it look us a long time to make a decision.....it would be really great to hear from anyone who is moving out there next year or who is already there and wouldn't mind a few more nutty friends!!!

Hope to hear from anyone!!!!

Lou :jiggy:

good luck with your move we are waiting for house to sell !!!! and then we are offf with 3 kids visa has been granted just waiting again

Hi Everyone!

We are Michelle-31, Neil-27, and Mia-3!

Joined this site a while ago and still dont seem to be much further on with plans, but not in any mad rush, although hoping it will all happen in 2010, Prefferably Aug/sept ish to move.

We have sent off for State Sponsorship so waiting to hear back from that, which we hope will be by Christmas and then will send off for Visas!!! Were going it alone without an agent so far.....!!!

We went over in April for a couple of weeks reccie and met up with some lovely people from this site, Prettyinpink and VerinaAndDave...(Hi Guys if you read this!!!!) Fell in love with Perth and cant wait to get back. Loking at hopefully living somewhere between Duncraig and Hillarys!

Would love to get chatting to anyone who wants to natter.. im on Facebook too!!!

xxx

Hi we are Sue (43) Neil (41) Holly (11) & Sam (11) and we are planning to move to north Perth in 2010 - we are currently staying in Quinns Rocks validating our visas and having a great time - don't want to go back!

Cannot wait to meet up with all you guys and enjoy some BBQ's in the sun!!!

Hi Im Dawn (34) hubby Adrian ( 39) and 2 children , Owen (4) and Maddy (3). Adrian is a carpenter and Im a housewife at moment.

We are going to Perth on 30th June 2010 on a 176 visa. We were very lucky and got granted our visas a week b4 the changes !

We are going to stay with our friends in Tapping on arrival and find a rental NOR b4 the furniture arrives ! Just in process of decorating our house and clearing out clutter and getting shipping quotes. We are going to rent out our house here for a couple of yrs until market picks up.

We are sooo excited and cant wait !! Be nice to keep in touch with everyone :jiggy::hug:

Hi Dawn, good to hear from you....know the feeling about clearing out clutter....I can't believe I have soooooooooo much !! I have told the kids to start putting there favourites into boxes so I can get rid of some without them noticing. We are also renting out our house here for a couple of years before we sell it......my hubby is also a chippy...it seems to be a popular occupation on here....keep us posted on how you are getting on....we will be arriving a couple of months before you....so it would be great to catch up etc I have a little boy who will be the same age as your son.... keept in touch....Louise

Hi Sue,

I have been reading about your reccie on the other thread, it's really interesting and a great read.....looking forward to your next instalment!! Looking forward to catching up with you all next year....keep us posted on dates etc...speak soon....Louise

Hi Michelle, Good to hear from you....we were also in Perth in April of this year checking it out......good luck with your visa........you're doing really well with out an agent....although everyone on this site is so helpful if you have a question....keep us posted on whats happening...i'm also on facebook......Louise Tween......if you want to hook up...take care Louise

good luck with your move we are waiting for house to sell !!!! and then we are offf with 3 kids visa has been granted just waiting again

Hi Paul1evs,

Good luck with the house, there nothing worse than waiting for a house to sell!!where about are you going ? Have you picked an area yet? Keep us posted on what's happening.....speak soon....Louise

Hi all,

Chris and Jeanette here, we are looking at going to Perth / freemantle area in August. We have 2 sons aged 17 and 16 (when we go) and are really looking forward to the move. I'm in the Royal Navy at the moment and will be transferring across to the Australian Navy, so will be looking at being near Garden Island. We are kind of airing toward Secret Harbor, but will take any advice as required. I don't think our move is as drawn out and complicated as most of yours, as the RAN tend to organise the removers and flights for my family. We started the whole process with applying to their Navy about a year ago and have just sent off the immigration forms for permanent residency. Sent by DHL so I know they were delivered to Sydney this morning, just got to wait for a case officer now. We are living in Plymouth at the moment, so will be happy to hear from anyone who is going over around the same time.

Good luck all

Chris, Jeanette, Jacob & Joseph

:nah:

Hi Chris, good to hear from you.....we are up the coast from you in Eastbourne (near Brighton) we have a few friends who live in your area, they were also in the Navy but have come out now....good luck with the visa and keep us posted on your progress....there seems to be quite a few of us emigrating next year.....Louise

Hi Guys

We're planning on going to Perth in July/August 2010. Best friend is getting married in July and I'm bridesmaid so hanging around until after the wedding.... well that and waiting to sell house!!

I'm 44, hubby Dan 45 (we only just made the age limit!!), and two girls Halle 9 and Maisie 5.

No idea where in Perth we want to be, have decided to wait until we get there and let schools and work decide for us. Have an Uncle in Morley, so we'll probably start off somewhere close to there or at least north.

Haven't quite got the Visa yet, need to do the IELTS (booked for this Saturday!) to bump my occupation back up to CSL to get processed, otherwise I'm stuck at the bottom of the pile.

This thread is a fab idea, thanks for starting it Lou.

Jules

x

You are more than welcome, its great to hear from you Jules, it looks like most of us are heading North well at least to start with.......good luck on Saturday....keep us posted on how you get on and hopefully you will be over with us next year which will be great. at this rate we will have enough people for a great party/bbq

Guest Natty T

Hi Lou and everyone.

We are Nat, Dom, Niamh 10, Conal 8, Erin 5 and Fintan 4 hoping to head to Perth July 2010 if they will let us have our visa, please :jiggy:

Not sure where to settle, its between Secret harbour and Woodvale,any info is much appreciated.

Dom is a Carpenter and i'm a Mentor at a college.

Looking forward to getting to know people and lots of BBQ's in OZ.

Natalie xxx:cute:

Hi Natalie, good to hear from you, my hubby is also chippy. We have friends living in Woodvale its a really nice suburb,we here there in April it's an older suburb with 2 good primary schools and a really good state high school. Its got a lovely park and shops at either end of the suburb. We had a look round some of the houses and they were lovely around 300,000 for a nice 4 bed detached house. Its about 15 mins from the beach and just off the Mitchelle Freeway. There are lots of British families there......hope this info helps you ......keep in touch ....speak to you soon....Lou

Guest Natty T

Thanks Lou for the info, my friend is over here at the mo, she lives in Woodvale with her daughter, been telling me lots about OZ, just want to get there now. Have you got your visa already? Feel like things are on hold at the moment but hopefully will start moving again soon. has your hubby got any work lined up in OZ?

Thanks Natalie xxx

we had our visa granted 2 years ago , have been abit slow about sorting things out. Kris has been in contact with a guy about a job who he was introduced to when we where out there, so we are hoping he might have something. If not we will try and take money out to support us for 6 months and see how we do......if not it's plan b and i'll have to get a job!!!!

Guest dougie32

Hi I am Joe(39) James (39) and 4 kids 19, 10, 3, 10 months we are moving out to Clarkson in 4 weeks time. Removals next weeks with pickfords. My stomach is turning, is this the right decision? why i am i doing this? Why i am i leaving work, friends etc so many questions. My son has been there since Jan and loves it. I would love to make friends on here would make me feel a lot better cheers joe

Archived