Moving To Perth 10?????

Hi Guys,

Having read through the really sucessful thread of Moving To Perth 09, I thought it was time to latch onto this and see who moving to Perth next year as 09 is almost over. What a great thread to get us all talking, SO....is anybody moving to Perth next year ?? Wouldn'y it be great to make some friends and contacts before so at least we feel we know somebody when we arrive...with that said let me introduce myself and family:

I'm Louise(39), my hubby is Kris(43)- carpenter, Morgan(7), Farraday(6) and Jack(3) we will be arriving Perth on the 10th April 10, we have rented a house in Mullaloo to start with and then when our stuff arrives we hope to move to a long term let.

I joined this site back in 07.......but it has taken us this long to get orgainsed and with shall we go or shall we stay it look us a long time to make a decision.....it would be really great to hear from anyone who is moving out there next year or who is already there and wouldn't mind a few more nutty friends!!!

Hope to hear from anyone!!!!

Lou :jiggy:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shawgorbys

HI Lou well im Andrea(40)myohGary(47)TomnJack(15) we are all being well going to go to Perth on a 457 already appleid but got refused long story but garys job is still there for him so all being well next june/july all being well keep in touch take care The fitton family xx

Hi Lou and Andrea I'm Jo (41), Stu (44) Hamish (9), Sam (8) and Leo (3) waiting for ENS 121 so hope to be out Jan 2010. We too are hoping to reside somewhere around Mullalloo (love it there!) we have a few friends in Perth but hardly any with kids sooooo would LOVE to meet others in the same boat with kids... Lou how did you manage to secure a letting so far in advance... have been looking on Realestate.com for rentals but everything is like available now... I'd love to secure a rental asap ready for us from Jan.... think we will stay with friends in Floreat for first couple of weeks whilst we look around... Have any of you managed to sell your house? we haven't had much luck... trying to go with the flow and resigned to renting. What about schools, have you made any firm decisions?

Hi Jo and Andrea,

Good to hear from you both......I have rented a house for 8 weeks from www.holidaylettings.co.uk while our stuff is being shipped over and we look for a long term let. I wanted to livearound Mullaloo so just found a house and contacted the owner and asked if thet would do a deal for long term let and they said yes. As a result of that I was able to get the girls into Mullaloo Beach Primary school and they start there on the 19th April 2010. You are really lucky Jo having friends/family over there when we go we won't know anyone....well I suppose that's half the fun of it.

We went over for a month last April to activate our visa's so had a chance to have a good look round.

The kids are really excitied about going, we are renting out our family home but are lucky enough to own rentals so we are selling off one of them to fund our trip .

The housing market in Eastboure(Sussex) is ok and house are selling.....well thats what they told me as it only went on the market yesterday as I have tentants in it.

Keep me posted on how you are both getting a long it's really nice to hear from you.....

Lou

Guest shawgorbys
Hi Jo and Andrea,

Good to hear from you both......I have rented a house for 8 weeks from www.holidaylettings.co.uk while our stuff is being shipped over and we look for a long term let. I wanted to livearound Mullaloo so just found a house and contacted the owner and asked if thet would do a deal for long term let and they said yes. As a result of that I was able to get the girls into Mullaloo Beach Primary school and they start there on the 19th April 2010. You are really lucky Jo having friends/family over there when we go we won't know anyone....well I suppose that's half the fun of it.

We went over for a month last April to activate our visa's so had a chance to have a good look round.

The kids are really excitied about going, we are renting out our family home but are lucky enough to own rentals so we are selling off one of them to fund our trip .

The housing market in Eastboure(Sussex) is ok and house are selling.....well thats what they told me as it only went on the market yesterday as I have tentants in it.

Keep me posted on how you are both getting a long it's really nice to hear from you.....

Lou

HI Joe&Lou hope you are all well cant beleive all what you have done allready and your not there yet its great ive never been Gary myoh hes been hes got a job at osborne park and thats all i know i think its north of the river from what ive read up and looked into so take care and good luck xx:chatterbox:

Hi Kellyjay,

Good to hear from you....good luck with the visa and the house sale!! Keep us posted on how you are getting on.....we will be North of the river as well....although not as far up as you are looking....hope all goes well and keep in touch...Lou:jiggy:

Hi Andrea, I'm not sure where Osbourne Park is???? I'm really sorry to hear you are having a nightmare with your visa etc....I hope that it will be sorted soon and you can get out to Oz...make sure you keep us updated on your progess....take care...Lou

Guest shawgorbys

hi lou i will keep you posted if im right i think Clarkson ,mt lawley is nr to osbourne park &kellyjay is your house up for sale yet coz if not do it now coz its our house sale that has caused alot of our problems dont want to worry you take care evryone Andrea&family xx

Guest migration angel

Hi Everyone,

Looks like you are all heading north of the river.

Mullalloo great for being close to the beach and access to trains and freeway.

We have some great shops NOR too at Whitfords and Lakeside Joondalup.

@ Andrea Osbourne Park is in Scarborough NOR too.

If you are looking for short term rentals try www.stayz.com.au

Here's a taster of some houses close to Mullalloo, Hillarys and Kallaroo whcih are close to each other and the beach. Hillarys Accommodation - Holiday House & Apartment Rentals – Stayz

Here's a map of the Perth suburbs so you can have a look around Perth, Australia - Google Maps

We have lived in a few places in Perth over the last four years (currently NOR close to Hillarys) so happy to help with info on schools, suburbs etc. Just give me a shout.

Chat soon

Bernie

Guest flipflop
Hi Guys,

Having read through the really sucessful thread of Moving To Perth 09, I thought it was time to latch onto this and see who moving to Perth next year as 09 is almost over. What a great thread to get us all talking, SO....is anybody moving to Perth next year ?? Wouldn'y it be great to make some friends and contacts before so at least we feel we know somebody when we arrive...with that said let me introduce myself and family:

I'm Louise(39), my hubby is Kris(43)- carpenter, Morgan(7), Farraday(6) and Jack(3) we will be arriving Perth on the 10th April 10, we have rented a house in Mullaloo to start with and then when our stuff arrives we hope to move to a long term let.

I joined this site back in 07.......but it has taken us this long to get orgainsed and with shall we go or shall we stay it look us a long time to make a decision.....it would be really great to hear from anyone who is moving out there next year or who is already there and wouldn't mind a few more nutty friends!!!

Hi, and good luck with your move, Perth is great for a young family and your kids will love it at that age.

Thanks Bernie, thats really kind of you......thanks for all the info really useful....will def. tap your brain as time moves on....if you don't mind. Lou

Guest livejazz

we are heading out early 2010, in our 30's and have two under 5 year old kids. looking at places round murdoch..have rented somewhere for initial 5 weeks, 850 dollars a week.

hi lou i will keep you posted if im right i think Clarkson ,mt lawley is nr to osbourne park &kellyjay is your house up for sale yet coz if not do it now coz its our house sale that has caused alot of our problems dont want to worry you take care evryone Andrea&family xx

FFS go to google maps you numptys lol Clarkson is miles from mt lawley ,Clarko is next to mindarie NOR ossy park is off huttonst exit of mitchell freeway some 20 miles , beware places are further here and travelling is the norm.

Guest burkecath

Hi Guys, I'm Catherine (32) moving tp Perth on 27th Jan2010, with hubby Matt (37) Louise (8) Katie (7). We've gone on a 176, OH (Matt) a joiner. We would love to meet and get to know people who are also in the same boat as us, we have a holiday let in Carramar and like you will secure a longer 12month let once there and can feel confident at what school the girls go to (we did visit last year - but mixed feelings now? if's and but's). We live at the mo in Swadlincote (debryshire) about 15mins from Derby. Realllllllllllllllllllly excited and nervous at the same time, and trying to think carefully about how and what best to organise first?! I'm on facebook "catherine burke" if you find it easier to link up? I loose these blinkin threads once I've looked at em (obviuosly i'm not using properly) Tips, conversation and ideas welcome :-):v_SPIN:

Hi Guys, I'm Catherine (32) moving tp Perth on 27th Jan2010, with hubby Matt (37) Louise (8) Katie (7). We've gone on a 176, OH (Matt) a joiner. We would love to meet and get to know people who are also in the same boat as us, we have a holiday let in Carramar and like you will secure a longer 12month let once there and can feel confident at what school the girls go to (we did visit last year - but mixed feelings now? if's and but's). We live at the mo in Swadlincote (debryshire) about 15mins from Derby. Realllllllllllllllllllly excited and nervous at the same time, and trying to think carefully about how and what best to organise first?! I'm on facebook "catherine burke" if you find it easier to link up? I loose these blinkin threads once I've looked at em (obviuosly i'm not using properly) Tips, conversation and ideas welcome :-):v_SPIN:

Hi

funny rentin here ,you have to physically visit the place fill your forms in and the owners pick their tenant , one tip get a reference off your hol let landlord ,they are worth 1 million uk ones. Good golf course at carramar

Hi,

Im Natalie(30) hubby is Chris(33) and we're hoping to be in Perth Jan 2010. I have a job offer at the Mount Hospital starting Feb ... just playing the waiting game! Sat the IELTS yesterday (was surprisingly difficult - fingers crossed) - hopefully I will have passed this then I can get my nursing reg from the NMBWA ... and then the visa can be processed! Im a bit concerned its looking less likely that we will be there in time for starting job in Feb. But met someone at the IELTS test centre yest and they seem to think its possible - so Im a bit happier with that.

Can anyone offer advice on where to rent within easy commute of the Mount hospital and reasonably priced??

Thanks

Guest burkecath

Thanks for that! I didn't even give the holiday let reference a thought! Defo do that! Yeah, thats what we plan to do, check out what the porperty is like before we tie into it! My cousin plans on giving my OH some lessons, as he'll plan on taking that up (beginner/novice at golf) Is it the same golf club as Joondalup? think thats where he goes? No good to give advice for visa processes i'm afraid? all different legislations? We were granted our 176 on 22nd sept day before all the changes! FEW!!!!!!

Guest kyeandgem

Hi all,

Kye 27, Gemma 25, Eva 18 months

We are planning on moving in July/aug, we are currently waiting on our 175 visa which we applied for in June our agent has told us to expect it by end of Jan 2010 as the wife is on the CSL, but am doubtfull with all the info I read on POI.

Not sure if anyone feels the same way but the more research I do the more I feel it sounds like the wrong time to be doing this what with the exchange rates, housing prices, I mean we are even going to miss out on the government housing grant. Ive been dreaming of moving to oz for a number of years now and we have finally got ourselves in a situation where it is possibe but it seems everything just goes against you.:arghh:

guess its now or never though

Hi, my husband and I are hopefully moving out to Perth in April 2010, I have been offered a job as an Anaesthetic Tech at the St John of God Hosptial in Subiaco, start in May. We are both very scared but very excited, medical done, house on the market and visa sent off to agency for processing. Just waiting now. Its good to read about other people in the same situation as us

Guest burkecath
Hi, my husband and I are hopefully moving out to Perth in April 2010, I have been offered a job as an Anaesthetic Tech at the St John of God Hosptial in Subiaco, start in May. We are both very scared but very excited, medical done, house on the market and visa sent off to agency for processing. Just waiting now. Its good to read about other people in the same situation as us

Hi "Biz" thats gr8 you have a job offer - were starting from scratch! nervous and hope it isn't too long before he gets one! Good luck for the processing of your visa? and the house? We ended up dropping alot off the sale of our house - but to be honest, sounds foolish, but weighed up the pros/cons of what we wanted and didn't want the complications/tie of renting it out, more fortunate than some at least there was still a little equity to play with, not like some who are in negative! bless! GOOD LUCK :-) Catherine

Hi Guys,

Hi,

We're planning to move Aug 2010 providing we've got work lined up, otherwise, we'll validate and come back to UK until we have.

Got our visa's last week so just starting to look at areas to stay at the moment. Got friends in Tapping and they recommend there and Joondaloop and Carramar (they've offered to put us up but not sure how long it will take to get LT rental so might have to take a holiday let).

I'm Michael (35) my wife is Dawn (35) and our kids Ross (7) and Ruaridh (7). Hope the move goes well for you and sure our paths will cross on PIO nearer the time

Michael

Hi Michael,

I'm glad you have got your Visa, we had a look around the area's your friends are recommending ...very popular areas...lot's of ex pat's.....we have taken a holiday let as it takes about 8 weeks for your stuff to come over and also we thought this would give us enough time to settle the kids into school and look for a long term let.....keep us posted on how you are getting a long.....Louise

Hi Catherine,

Good to hear from you.....I see your hubby a joiner too....same as mine....has he got work to go out too? I will email you on facebook as your situation seems really similar to mine and it would be great to have someone to talk too. Also our girls are the same age as mine will be 8 and almost 7 when we get out there.....speak to you soon...Louise

Archived