Moving To Perth 10?????

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jules,

I've contacted an agency plus a contact from KPMG Perth but need to try and up the pace. With the visa in hand, hopefully not considered a time-waster.

Not really looked at areas yet. Tapping/Carramar been recommended by a friend in Perth.

Hope your visa thru soon

Michael

Hi Rhonda.......a drink sounds good....keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on...good luck with the packing!!!!!louise
Hi Louise, packing mostly done. All our furniture went last week so our furniture is 2 sun loungers at the minute and very little else. Its not too bad although I imagine we will be totally fed up by the time xmas comes. Will def keep in touch with everyone. Talk soon, Rhonda

Hi Jules,

I've contacted an agency plus a contact from KPMG Perth but need to try and up the pace. With the visa in hand, hopefully not considered a time-waster.

Not really looked at areas yet. Tapping/Carramar been recommended by a friend in Perth.

Hope your visa thru soon

Michael

Hi Michael,

I have friends settled in Tapping, seems lovely area. When are you going ? We not going till June - feels ages !

Hi everyone- not been on much last couple of weeks. Been hectic, my poor little boy has swine flu, he been really quite ill bless him. Had to crush up Tamiflu capsules and mix with choc !! On the mend now though.

Been de cluttering more , kids clothes etc and sold few bits on Ebay which was good. Pickfords came round yesterday to do a quote so waiting for that to compare to others. They seem to know their stuff though ! Its all quite scary somedays now its actually happening but so exciting at same time !!

Hi Dawn, good to hear from you, sorry to hear about your little boy.....some of my friends kids have had it.......complete nightmare....they just don't know what to do with themselves. We have escaped it so far in this house, but how much longer we can who knows. Have just got in from trick or treating with the kids.....I love dressing the house up...I'll miss that in Oz as they don't really celebrate it.....we had a party for them as well ....as I wanted it to be really nice and fun for there last one here....took loads of pictures for there scrapbook that I am doing them.

Good luck with the removal quotes we had PSS round and Britannia for quotes for a 20 ft container.

Speak to you soon.......louise xx

Hi I am Joe(39) James (39) and 4 kids 19, 10, 3, 10 months we are moving out to Clarkson in 4 weeks time. Removals next weeks with pickfords. My stomach is turning, is this the right decision? why i am i doing this? Why i am i leaving work, friends etc so many questions. My son has been there since Jan and loves it. I would love to make friends on here would make me feel a lot better cheers joe

Hi Joe... I hear you with the stomach churning thing... I go from dancing round the kitchen excitedly to crying on the shoulders of best friends over lattes in Starbucks!! .. i'm also Jo (41), Stu (44) and 3 boys who will be aged 10 (in Jan), 8 and 3. We will be in Perth from Jan 2010, probably settling in the northern suburbs.... perhaps we could introduce the kids to eachother over a paddle at Hillarys or somewhere? ... I cant wait for them to make some aussie friends but it may also be good for them to meet kids in the same boat as them too. Good luck with your move, expect you're up to your eyeballs getting organised. :idea:

Guest patience

Hi all you Perth wannabies,

Me Karen 40, DH Mark 42 and our DD 2 yrs are still at the starting gate.

I have visited Australia before and quite a lot of my family live in Oz, but no one in Perth.

I am the driving force behind this move, my DH has never been to Oz and isn't interested in a visit before hand , he just wants to go for it now after taking VR after working for the same comp' 20 + yrs ish since leaving Uni.

We like the sound of Perth for its climate, multicultural city, beach, we love the beach and there seems to be work for hubby who is in IT etc etc. Down side to Perth that I'ved heared in the flies. Well nowhere is perfect.

My Hubby went to the Expo in London recently and we are going to the one in Bristol on the 22nd.

We are really looking forward to our new life in Oz and hope to meet you all face to face one day.

I'm a slow typer so you wont get long posts from me lol!

Good luck everyone.

K

Just started the ACS skills Assessment, Waiting for references from colleagues.

Undecided What visa to apply for now as long wait for 175, looks like it will have to be state or employers sponsor!

My Hubby went to the Expo in London recently and we are going to the one in Bristol on the 22nd.

Hi Karen

Is there an Australia Expo in Bristol??? Where is it being held, we're just down the road from Bristol.. might be worth popping along, might be a way to start getting the kids excited about the whole thing, all our 9yr old daughter can think of is losing her friends here, bless her.

Jules

Guest patience

australianstates.co.uk Here is a link to the website, you register and then they send an invite to print off. Its in the Mercure Holland House Hotel and Spa Bristol in the afternoon for a few hours with seminars. A big plus that Western Australia goverment will be there.

Guest Tomlinsons

Hi All,

Jo (38), Paul (43), David (17, Victoria (15), moving to Perth Aug/Sept time, were going to move this year but my dad is very poorly so have put the move off until next year. Got visas last January did a reckie loved the northern suburbs but cant decide where to head to, got a job offer in Scarborough but had to turn it down:no:.

Our 17 yr old is in the first year of an engineering course so will not be joining us until the following year, going to be very difficult to leave without him.

Its great to hear of everyone else having the same wobbles and excitement as us, cant wait to hopefully meet up.

Jo x

Yeah, just found out I've passed my IELTS exam... that means it's back to the CSL for me and priority processing!

Perth here we come!!!!

Guest patience

Well done Jules!

Yeah, just found out I've passed my IELTS exam... that means it's back to the CSL for me and priority processing!

Perth here we come!!!!

Well done Jules thats fab......at this rate we will have a chilled glass or two!! of wine waiting for you when you arrive....keep us posted...Louise

Hi All,

Jo (38), Paul (43), David (17, Victoria (15), moving to Perth Aug/Sept time, were going to move this year but my dad is very poorly so have put the move off until next year. Got visas last January did a reckie loved the northern suburbs but cant decide where to head to, got a job offer in Scarborough but had to turn it down:no:.

Our 17 yr old is in the first year of an engineering course so will not be joining us until the following year, going to be very difficult to leave without him.

Its great to hear of everyone else having the same wobbles and excitement as us, cant wait to hopefully meet up.

Jo x

Hi Jo, good to hear from you.......sorry to hear about your dad, my dad is not very well either.....and has spent alot of time in hospital over the last year and it has been and is still really touch and go. We also have 2 older children that we are leaving behind one of 18 and one of 20....the 20 year old is at uni and we are hoping that he will follow us out when he finishes.

It's really hard deciding where to live we have gone for a house in Mulalloo but who knows ......when we start living there we might not like it...it's so hard to tell..

Anyway keep us posted on whats happening with you.....take care...Louise

Guest andremedo

Hi guys,

I am on a progress of become in a police officer in WA and if I succeed I will be moving to perth next febuary.I have never been there before and what is it like to live in Perth any idea will be apprecieated

Guest Khadine
Hi guys,

I am on a progress of become in a police officer in WA and if I succeed I will be moving to perth next febuary.I have never been there before and what is it like to live in Perth any idea will be apprecieated

Hi Andremedo

I'm very excited that everyone is looking forward to coming to perth! I've been in Perth for best part of 6 years and spent 3 years moving from state to state with my husband (he was in the Navy), but we have chosen to reside in Perth, i now call it my home. Mum and dad will be emigrating soon fingers crossed. We have lived in most suburbs in Perth from Melville, Como, Port Kennedy, Brighton, Canning Vale and Success we are now in the Swan Valley, my little bit of Margaret River. My brother-in-law is a police officer so if you need any info. I love perth because i get to see the sky, everything is so open and clean, we have some of the best beaches in the world and we don't get the stingers in the oceans like NSW (Sydney side). We are still fairly untouched compared to the eastern states, but the growth of the property market and another mining boom will soon see us playing catch up.

Perth was always my home but it just took me a while to get here.

Guest toffee68

Hi All

We are Robbie (41), Debs (36), Miya (8), Jenna (6), Erin (2) and Euan (5 months). All being well we'll be moving out to Perth towards the end of Feb/early March 2010. Looking at the Woodvale area and all those around there.. Will be working in central.

We're trying to get our collective heads around the move but its proving difficult. So much to read, look at and my head is pickled!! We will be renting for a month or so (furnished) until our shipment arrives when we hope to secure a 4/5 bed house to rent. Looking on the web it seems there are so many to chose from and so many different areas! Any advice from others in the same boat or just got off the boat would be great :-)

Cheers

Robbie

Guest The Ritchies

Hi Robbie

I know what you mean. Seems to be so many things to think about and feels like your head is going to burst! We only decided to move in July and are heading to Perth on 11 January 2010. Everything moving at full speed now. House sold, packers round today to see if everything will fit in container. Go from feeling can't wait to go - then sobbing when someone says they will miss us and that makes me think what are we doing!!!!!! Don't worry there are lots of lovely people on here that will help with any questions you have. I have found out lots on here, even about things I wasn't worried about.

Take care

Wendy

Hi Robbie, we looked at Woodvale when we went and did our reccie in April (we know some people who live there)really nice area, with a nice feel about it, it has 2 primary schools and a senior school which alot of people rate. It has shops, park pub etc and is about a 15 min drive to the beach. It's real hard to say what's good and what's bad as we all have our views...I think your'll find once you get out there you will get a feel for a place and settle there......and as Wendy says there are loads of people on here which are more than happy to help and give you advice if you need it (glad to see you are on full speed Wendy!! I shall be coming to you for some tips !!)......feel free to ask any questions and keep us posted on what you are up to....take care......Louise

Hi Michael,

I have friends settled in Tapping, seems lovely area. When are you going ? We not going till June - feels ages !

Hi Dawn,

Sorry for delay in responding. We're not going till Aug and only then if we've lined up work. If no jobs by then we'll go for a holiday to validate.

Cheers

Just found out I've been assigned a new case officer, was assigned one back in August, but with the 23rd Sept changes I got put back. But now I've passed the IELTS and put myself back on the CSL they're back on my application... wow that was fast only got the results last Friday!!!

That Visa is getting closer... and so is the merry ole land of Oz!!!

That is brillant news Jules......your'll have your visa before you know it.......I can almost taste that glass of wine waiting for you round the pool!!!...

Archived