Moving To Perth 10?????

Guest mcleod275
Hi Robbie

I know what you mean. Seems to be so many things to think about and feels like your head is going to burst! We only decided to move in July and are heading to Perth on 11 January 2010. Everything moving at full speed now. House sold, packers round today to see if everything will fit in container. Go from feeling can't wait to go - then sobbing when someone says they will miss us and that makes me think what are we doing!!!!!! Don't worry there are lots of lovely people on here that will help with any questions you have. I have found out lots on here, even about things I wasn't worried about.

Take care

Wendy

Hi Wendy

We are flying to Perth on 11th January as well. Where are you flying from? We are travelling from Heathrow on Emirates on the lunchtime flight.

Claire xx

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what you mean. Seems to be so many things to think about and feels like your head is going to burst! We only decided to move in July and are heading to Perth on 11 January 2010. Everything moving at full speed now. House sold, packers round today to see if everything will fit in container. Go from feeling can't wait to go - then sobbing when someone says they will miss us and that makes me think what are we doing!!!!!! Don't worry there are lots of lovely people on here that will help with any questions you have. I have found out lots on here, even about things I wasn't worried about.

We too fly to Perth on 11 January - from Birmingham - where are you flying from ?:GEEK: Getting a touch nervous now if the truth be told - still don't think I am actually 'doing enough' - think I will be running around like a headless chicken soon though!!

Hello folks,

We are Chris and Julie [both mid forties], with Charlotte and Oliver [12 and 6]. Our visa is a year old now, and we have luckily been across to Perth twice in the past 17 months. Validated on our last trip in August.

Having tried unsucessfully to secure a job as yet, we have made the decison to just go with our feelings and make the move, aiming for mid Feb. and will initially be based in Woodvale with long term friends, then the rental and eventually the home buying stuff.

Renting our place here based on advice from friends we have spoken to on both trips. Everything seems to be falling into place but as all of you making the move know, there is just so much to tie up this end before you start the mayhem of setting up home in Oz.

Still we know what we are going to, although the living and doing will be so different to the visit and returning. Looking to have a great Christmas before enjoying some sunshine in February and making a different life for us all.

Clocks ticking and we are moving :cool:

Guest The Ritchies

Hiya Claire

We will be flying with Emirates too! Only difference we will be flying from Aberdeen to Manchester then onto Dubai then to Perth!!! As we are leaving Manchester at lunchtime we will probably be on same flight to Perth! Just keep a look-out for a stressed family of four with way too baggage!!!!!!!! Funny thing is we too have a daughter called Lauren only difference she has just turned ten. Spooky!

Keep in touch

Wendy x

Guest The Ritchies

Hiya Alison

As I already said to Claire we fly form Aberdeen - Manchester - Dubai - Perth with emirates. Are you flying with Emirates? Know what you mean about not doing enough. People keep asking if we're all packed and I have to say no - packers do everything on 6th January! So not allowed to pack even toys and things I know we won't need just now! Trying to chill and think about Christmas but every time I think it will be last one with my family I keep bursting into tear! (not sure OH feels same though Ha! Ha!)

Maybe we will see you at Perth Airport bleary eyed and tired!!!!!

Take care

Wendy x

Hiya Alison

As I already said to Claire we fly form Aberdeen - Manchester - Dubai - Perth with emirates. Are you flying with Emirates? Know what you mean about not doing enough. People keep asking if we're all packed and I have to say no - packers do everything on 6th January! So not allowed to pack even toys and things I know we won't need just now! Trying to chill and think about Christmas but every time I think it will be last one with my family I keep bursting into tear! (not sure OH feels same though Ha! Ha!)

Maybe we will see you at Perth Airport bleary eyed and tired!!!!!

Take care

Wendy x

Hi Wendy

Yes we fly with Emirates and are leaving Dubai on the 12 Jan at 10.45 - bound for Perth.

I will be the harrassed one, yelling at my kids to stop arguing/fighting, begging the stewardess for the drinks trolley!! Inbetween of course crying and wondering if I've made a mistake!!:arghh:

Guest shawgorbys

HI guys im not there yet or evan nearlly there but i guess i know how you are feeling please just remember why you chose to go and live in oz And guys if you dont like or adapt when you get there you can allways go somewere else the world is great big place so chins up and enjoy life we only get one chance at it take care love from Andrea &family xx

Guest The Ritchies

Hi Alison

We leave Dubai on 12 January 0240 hrs so not sure if this is the same flight as you. I know what you mean about the kids, my two are exactly the same. Think I will go to the doctors before I leave to get a couple of Valliums Ha! Ha!

If it's not the same flight, keep in touch an let us know how you're getting on.

Take care

Wendy x

Hi Alison

We leave Dubai on 12 January 0240 hrs so not sure if this is the same flight as you. I know what you mean about the kids, my two are exactly the same. Think I will go to the doctors before I leave to get a couple of Valliums Ha! Ha!

If it's not the same flight, keep in touch an let us know how you're getting on.

Take care

Wendy x

will do Wendy. Any idea at this stage where you might be settling once in Perth?

Hi guys,

We got our visa approved. I am an Indian and a Singapore resident for the past 10 years. I am new to this forum and was looking at Perth as an option to settle down.

But right now I am on the lookout for a job. I am an electronics engineer with about 15 years experience. So it would be interesting to know if anyone got a job before reaching there. I dont feel comfortable moving to a new place without a job.

g'day lou,

my husband and i have been in oz for about 15 years now and have been living on the gold coast for the last 8 . we are looking at relocating to perth in the new year. we are going to take a trip over there during the xmas hols to suss it out. my husband steph,39 is a cabinet maker, i'm a 39 year old chef and we have 2 kids will,12 and emma 6. i agree it sure would be nice to have some contacts and friends in a new place.

best wishes and good luck with move, kt

p.s. i've only just joined this site today so you'll have to excuse my inexperience!

Guest siamsusie
g'day lou,

my husband and i have been in oz for about 15 years now and have been living on the gold coast for the last 8 . we are looking at relocating to perth in the new year. we are going to take a trip over there during the xmas hols to suss it out. my husband steph,39 is a cabinet maker, i'm a 39 year old chef and we have 2 kids will,12 and emma 6. i agree it sure would be nice to have some contacts and friends in a new place.

p.s. i've only just joined this site today so you'll have to excuse my inexperience!

Welcome Ktr to PIO, best wishes moving to Perth, there are plenty of lovely people to welcome you and to give you advise:wubclub: ss

Guest The Ritchies

Hi Alison

We have a holiday let in Kinross for the first 8 weeks. Then the fun really starts trying to find a long term rental. We are looking at Kinross, Carramar and Secret Harbour. Haven't decided where yet but after reading about Paul and Tara's excellent reccie, Secret Harbour is looking like it's top of our list. Depends on schools and if we like the feel of the place once we get there.

What about you, where are you and family heading?

Wendy

Guest The Thains

Hi Joe,

i know how you are feeling, removals come on thursday / friday, we depart scotland for Perth on the 25th.... head is totally scrambled..

excited and nervous at the same time, we are going to be living in the centre of perth for the first few months... then perhaps secret harbour..

get in touch if you fancy a chat...

Mark (40), Alliosn (31), Holly (6)

g'day lou,

Hi KT, good to hear from you and welcome to PIO , what makes you think about moving from the Gold Coast to Perth?....keep in touch and let us know how you get on...and if you need any help everyone one on here is fab and there is always someone who knows the answer......take care and speak soon.....Lou:biggrin:

Guest mcleod275
Hi Alison

Take care

Wendy x

Hiya Wendy

Well would you believe it we are on the 0240 from Dubai on 12 January as well!!!!! What are the chances of that!!!

I am hoping to be the relaxed looking one with 2 well behaved children, either that or the demented looking woman with 2 kids bouncing off the walls!!

Claire xx

Guest The Thains

Movers here today............never thought this day would arrive........

flight wednesday (start of our new life) Scary !!!

Will be in Perth on the 26th, would love to meet anyone who can help, passing on there experiences and thoughts

Mark / Allison / Holly

Guest The Ritchies

Hi The Thain Family

Well, you're on your way now! Hope everything goes okay and you have a good flight. Once you've caught your breath, let us know how you are getting on.

Take care

Wendy

Guest The Ritchies

Hi Claire

Yes, I too would like to look nice and relaxed when we arrive in Dubai but somehow know I won't!!!!!!

Kids don't seem to sleep very much on planes but hopefully because it's night time they will. Think I will just put on my eyemask, in my headphones and pretend I'm sleeping and leave them to their Dad for a change!

Wendy

Guest hgierthy

Hi Guys

Good luck with the move next year!! I move next week with the family (son 13, daughter 2) and am absolutley terrified. I am fortunate at the fact i havent had to worry about the whole move for too long as my Hubby wasnt offered the Job untill August, so weve not had to long to get organised. Managed to get a rental in a Sub called Hillarys which looks nice, but we are going in blind of areas and schools etc..so fingers crossed!!

Good luck

Guest hgierthy
We are the same, not had much time to think aboat it and leave on wednesday.....GOOD LUCK..

when do you travel ??

I leave on saturday morning with the kids, my hubby is already there trying to get a school organised as they break up at the begining of decemeber and thats them till feb, so really want my son in school for the new term etc? Its all very exciting but also very scary and hopefully kids will settle ok, which will be a bit harder for them when xmas is so close and everything is so new. Do you have everything organised for your arrival??

hope all goes well

Archived