Anyone "Happy" with the Aussie lifestyle?

Guest biohacker

:biglaugh:

:biglaugh:

I guess Architectural Digest Magazine must have loads of new subscriptions due to this new found hobby of architectural critique, which Aus. has inspired!!

Fan blerdy tastic I say.

My Mum was shocked when she discovered my stash under the bed, went in to theropy for years!

In my defence some have a foot fetish, others get off on boobs, bums, legs but to me it's old buildings the more soot the better

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest LukeSkywalker

Isnt boredom largely a function of money? Whenever I am bored I do soemthing fun like fly somewhere. I find "the bush" (most Australians have never even been there) boring, but I also find old buildings a bit boring too. In fact I find most things boring. Countries cannot be inherently boring though surely - Spain is as dull as buggery in my experience. Full of embittered British expats eating fish and chips telling me how great live is out there .....

Isnt boredom largely a function of money? Whenever I am bored I do soemthing fun like fly somewhere. I find "the bush" (most Australians have never even been there) boring, but I also find old buildings a bit boring too. In fact I find most things boring. Countries cannot be inherently boring though surely - Spain is as dull as buggery in my experience. Full of embittered British expats eating fish and chips telling me how great live is out there .....

OK luke lets play the game....

Where in Spain have you been?? bla bla bla

Guest biohacker
Mate!!! 46 years in Australia, well, on the 17th of September...And it still holds a fascination that makes me marvel. Its diversity is absolutely remarkable. All one has to do is to get out of the house, pub or, whatever and to try and enjoy the things that are happening... Take the pub away from a pom and the poor bugga is lost, hopelessly lost.:wink:

Make your own enjoyment, all it takes is the ability to GET OUT DOORS.

Ever seen glowworms, fireflies, or even glowing mushrooms in a rainforest at night?

Ever hand fed wild ducks, rainbow lorikeets, or even wild wallabies?

Ever had to lay on your back to see the tops of trees 300 ft high?

Ever watched a sunset while tropical palms are gently swaying in the balmy breezes?

Ever...well...So much to see and do and so little time...

Pass me another tissue please, Mum...:cry:

Cheers, Bobj.

Thanks bob. Beautiful!

Take the pub away from a pom and the poor bugga is lost, hopelessly lost.
This one really made me laugh hahaha.

Take the pub away from a pom and the poor bugga is lost, hopelessly lost.:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

In my case Bob, this is true but in true British "Never Surrender" spirit, If there is a pub to be found anywhere then the POM WILL find it..:cool:

Guest guest17301

If you are so deluded as to label an entire region or country as 'dull' without explanation or debate then no wonder you are 'bored'. Get a bleedin life. Not directed at any one in particular like-before I get jumped on and called bitchy and vocal...just my opinion like...I'm dead nice me..wheres Pablo when you need him. ...

Guest biohacker

I have two questions: Everyone here seems to live in Western Australia. Do not take me wrong but even here in Colombia which is far far away I have heard that Perth can be boring. What about Melbourne? Brisbane? are these equally plain?

2. Why did you poms decide to went down under? there must have been a strong reason because it takes a lot to make and carry out an immigration plan.

Guest guest17301

Yes all of Australia is dull...especially Perth and including Melbourne, Sydney and worst of all...Brisbane-just ask Aldo-a regular user and professional Oz critic (or should that be critique?)

If you are foolish enough to make the place your home..expect to become as dull as the natives relatively quickly. Your dry sense of humour swiftly replaced by a brash Ozzie style one. Snags or the search for tasty ones will become an all consuming quest that will fill your day and make it less....boring.....

Beware the bitter pom...you can spot em a mile (km) off...they are the ones who look ...bored....you'll not find them at the beach..boring..or the parks...more boring...in their own backyards...hell no....they'll be perusing the exchange rate and flight prices at the travel agent crying into their stubbies and longing for 'home'.....

Guest biohacker
Yes all of Australia is dull...especially Perth and including Melbourne, Sydney and worst of all...Brisbane-just ask Aldo-a regular user and professional Oz critic (or should that be critique?)

If you are foolish enough to make the place your home..expect to become as dull as the natives relatively quickly. Your dry sense of humour swiftly replaced by a brash Ozzie style one. Snags or the search for tasty ones will become an all consuming quest that will fill your day and make it less....boring.....

Beware the bitter pom...you can spot em a mile (km) off...they are the ones who look ...bored....you'll not find them at the beach..boring..or the parks...more boring...in their own backyards...hell no....they'll be perusing the exchange rate and flight prices at the travel agent crying into their stubbies and longing for 'home'.....

Well, it sounds like the United States :)

Now I wonder: Should I go to OZ and be bored forever or should I stay in my land and feel that I will never reach my truly potential? Maybe I must go to Australia and meet a lovely pom girl and then go to London and be happy forever ;)

pd. If you want to understand my point of view, come to Bogotá and use the public transport and the dullness of the nightlife and you will understand how badly I want to leave :cute:

Guest biohacker
feck me BH, your written English has improved!!:wink:

Oh! thank you very much.... were my former posts so confusing? I apologize in advance :err:

Alright I am gonna jump in here as I have been in Perth 21 years so I will try and type it as best I can.

First off Perth is the laughing stock of the East Coast as it is put so very often, it may as well be 2 different Countries the way some folk carry on LOL.

I have been to Melbourne about 8 times and I LOVE the place everything about the place, the food,football,the city,the trams and the Country side.

I have been to Adelaide twice and it is a lovely city surrounded by hills and has lovely countryside also, it is a bit quieter than Perth from what I could see.

Sydney well that blew me away to to fast so many people beautiful city amazingly.

I have'nt Been to Brisbane but lots of people I know have gone there, and I mean my Australian friends and love it and alot of people say to me that if they had to live anywhere else in Oz it would be Queensland.

Perth well we are Dull as they put it as we NO was Voted for Daylight saving which I was very disappointed with as I would rather that 1 hour extra of light in the evening instead at 5am when I don't want to get up LOL, I am not a beach person at all does nothing for me in the slighest too hot in the summer and sand you can hardly walk on it, but with the daylight savings we would go to Rockingham beach about 5pm to 8pm on a hot day which is to me the best time to be there and Rockingham has a fabulos grassed area which is shaded by trees with a couple of playgrounds. so that is something that annoys me.

Down South well I personally think that Margaret River is overated and has gotten to expensive and a bit lad de da and Busselton was a lovely holiday spot until about 5 years ago, I don't want to be going to a holiday town to be surrounded by Harvey Norman and 5 Different car retailers, but have to say Abbey Beach Resort is fabulos to stay at.

Been to Kalbarri and I found it very boring as there is nothing to do except go to the beach (I was there 2 weeks so maybe a bit to long) and there is not much in the town.

My favourite place is Albany and Denmark beautiful beaches and coastline and still have that holiday town feel.

Been to the Zoo a million time LOL with the kids and well I try only going once a year now.

Lots of good parks which we have a new one a minute walk from my house and well the kids love it.

We don't get alot of the Stars coming here for concerts as we do not that a good enough Venue we have some great ones but missed out on alot.

Everyone is different, my family all gather in each others Back Gardens under the Patio which is like another room to the house and just drink chat, let the kids play have bbq's or even just cheese,dips and crackers each to there own I guess.

Some people like to go out and drink and have dinner well I find it very expensive and it is all about the company not where you are IMHO,

I have gone on a bit sorry:chatterbox:

But Fiona darling you are champ, you have a lovely spirit about you, and a lovely soul that goes with it, not everyone can agree, each to there own as I say

Keep being positive, I wish I had as much as yourself:hug:

Cheers Laney

PS. I will never mention the sausages again the sh&t stirring it has caused OMG....LOL xx

Guest biohacker
Alright I am gonna jump in here as I have been in Perth 21 years so I will try and type it as best I can.

First off Perth is the laughing stock of the East Coast as it is put so very often, it may as well be 2 different Countries the way some folk carry on LOL.

I have been to Melbourne about 8 times and I LOVE the place everything about the place, the food,football,the city,the trams and the Country side.

I have been to Adelaide twice and it is a lovely city surrounded by hills and has lovely countryside also, it is a bit quieter than Perth from what I could see.

Sydney well that blew me away to to fast so many people beautiful city amazingly.

I have'nt Been to Brisbane but lots of people I know have gone there, and I mean my Australian friends and love it and alot of people say to me that if they had to live anywhere else in Oz it would be Queensland.

Perth well we are Dull as they put it as we NO was Voted for Daylight saving which I was very disappointed with as I would rather that 1 hour extra of light in the evening instead at 5am when I don't want to get up LOL, I am not a beach person at all does nothing for me in the slighest too hot in the summer and sand you can hardly walk on it, but with the daylight savings we would go to Rockingham beach about 5pm to 8pm on a hot day which is to me the best time to be there and Rockingham has a fabulos grassed area which is shaded by trees with a couple of playgrounds. so that is something that annoys me.

Down South well I personally think that Margaret River is overated and has gotten to expensive and a bit lad de da and Busselton was a lovely holiday spot until about 5 years ago, I don't want to be going to a holiday town to be surrounded by Harvey Norman and 5 Different car retailers, but have to say Abbey Beach Resort is fabulos to stay at.

Been to Kalbarri and I found it very boring as there is nothing to do except go to the beach (I was there 2 weeks so maybe a bit to long) and there is not much in the town.

My favourite place is Albany and Denmark beautiful beaches and coastline and still have that holiday town feel.

Been to the Zoo a million time LOL with the kids and well I try only going once a year now.

Lots of good parks which we have a new one a minute walk from my house and well the kids love it.

We don't get alot of the Stars coming here for concerts as we do not that a good enough Venue we have some great ones but missed out on alot.

Everyone is different, my family all gather in each others Back Gardens under the Patio which is like another room to the house and just drink chat, let the kids play have bbq's or even just cheese,dips and crackers each to there own I guess.

Some people like to go out and drink and have dinner well I find it very expensive and it is all about the company not where you are IMHO,

I have gone on a bit sorry:chatterbox:

But Fiona darling you are champ, you have a lovely spirit about you, and a lovely soul that goes with it, not everyone can agree, each to there own as I say

Keep being positive, I wish I had as much as yourself:hug:

Cheers Laney

Wow IrishGirl, thanks for the time you invested in this sincere post :) It is true, it is the company, not the place. I used to enjoy any place when my soulmate was still with me, now I get bored even in a clown convention.

Of course you didn't want to come home, you were on holiday!! Living somewhere is a lot different.

Hope you don't need a licence for what you do as you may find it's not as easy to get on in Oz as you think.

I hope it does work out for you but no need to make sweeping generalisations about the people who find Oz not for them. It's not always because "they couldn't get on" it's because they found the place mind numbingly boring.

So its true Perth is boring. I have friends in Perth and they love it,but after what you just said I now think their thick.

Yes I do need a licence to work in Oz but I don't think I'll bother going now because I thought is was going to be just like being on holiday!. Go patronize someone else.

Here comes another "sweeping generalization" Why do some people make it their duty to p!ss on other peoples chips when things don't work out for them?

Guest ashmalog
We have nice house (just sold it) in nice area in nice part of UK

I looked around me and see where my country is heading and don't want to live here anymore.

ditto - my sentiments exactly.

Guest LondonGal
So its true Perth is boring. I have friends in Perth and they love it,but after what you just said I now think their thick.

Yes I do need a licence to work in Oz but I don't think I'll bother going now because I thought is was going to be just like being on holiday!. Go patronize someone else.

Here comes another "sweeping generalization" Why do some people make it their duty to p!ss on other peoples chips when things don't work out for them?

If you actually bother to go back and read your post you will realise you were the one being patronising.

I don't have any chip on my shoulder thank you very much, Australia has worked out very well for me!!

Good exchange rate at the moment. :biggrin:

Guest wayniexagt

well now im working nites . when i finish work maybe around 4am i take a drive down the beach . ok its the middle of winter here and its a bit windy but its sooooo good to get some fresh air in your lungs and have half a hour to your self and just recap on why you made the move . and then it starts to make sence . i go home from a good nites graft knowing that i can" let go of any strains/ pressures and get a good nights rest .

Where is the UK heading to?

The theory of techtonics has the UK gradually moving West away from the main European continent.

Physically it is moving very slowly towards the USA, politically it could be argued it is moving ever closer to Europe.

If you actually bother to go back and read your post you will realise you were the one being patronising.

I don't have any chip on my shoulder thank you very much, Australia has worked out very well for me!!

Good exchange rate at the moment. :biggrin:

I don't need to read my own post I posted it.

If you bother to read my post you we see I have not said you have a chip on your shoulder.

Patronize: to treat as an inferior,too look down on someone:

No have'nt done that neither all I was trying to do was give biohacker some positive feed back which you seem to have got the hump about. Got the "hump" means your upset not got a hump on your back Quasimodo style.

How bloody boring Bob! give me an old building to walk past any day, so much history so much culture.......... I feel so alive by these errrm........ buildings...... look at the errrm way it was built.

Well then, go to the Northern territory, or any of the Australian states. There are caves and overhangs where the Aboriginal culture is vastly older than any place in UK...And they contain art galleries, too!!:wink:

How old is Australian Rock Art? - Aboriginal Art Online

Cheers, Bobj.

Mate!!! 46 years in Australia, well, on the 17th of September...And it still holds a fascination that makes me marvel. Its diversity is absolutely remarkable. All one has to do is to get out of the house, pub or, whatever and to try and enjoy the things that are happening... Take the pub away from a pom and the poor bugga is lost, hopelessly lost.:wink:

Make your own enjoyment, all it takes is the ability to GET OUT DOORS.

Ever seen glowworms, fireflies, or even glowing mushrooms in a rainforest at night?

Ever hand fed wild ducks, rainbow lorikeets, or even wild wallabies?

Ever had to lay on your back to see the tops of trees 300 ft high?

Ever watched a sunset while tropical palms are gently swaying in the balmy breezes?

Ever...well...So much to see and do and so little time...

Pass me another tissue please, Mum...:cry:

Cheers, Bobj.

Bob , you have been away too long ,stop deluding yourself in reference to the UK.

I have lived in both - loved both.....but Europe is where the action is ....sorry mate .

Read some of flipflops posts ......and hes an Aussie !

Archived