Anyone "Happy" with the Aussie lifestyle?

Guest biohacker

1.No but I've seen a Ptarmigan(Mountain bird) change colour before my eyes.

2.Hand fed wild canadian geese at local park.I have seen a rare red squirrel taking a nut from two feet away.

3.Touched the battle scars of a castle thats 400 years old.

4.Yes,on the Isle of Arran watched the sunset at 10-30 pm whilst sitting on the beach with a fire crackling away beside me.

I've done all these things in Scotland in my lifetime,it's the British mentality of thinking the grass is greener.

It may be for some but for others,home is where the light summer nights and the heart is.

I like that, mate...Canada geese are foreign to UK

I did like Scotland. Spent a very...er...wet and foggy 2 weeks touring from Gretna through Oban to Inverness and through Perth to Eyemouth. Pretty scenery, but depressingly cold and damp. Even caught trout at Balmoral.

Cheers, Bobj.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like that, mate...Canada geese are foreign to UK

I did like Scotland. Spent a very...er...wet and foggy 2 weeks touring from Gretna through Oban to Inverness and through Perth to Eyemouth. Pretty scenery, but depressingly cold and damp. Even caught trout at Balmoral.

Cheers, Bobj.

Yes the weather is as unpredictable as the grand national,but I love it.

If you come here in June or July then you won't feel cold..Guarenteed!

I like the fact that the birds migrate to and from here.

Swallows from Africa in summer,Canadian geese from eh..eh.. can't remember.

The one I love is in Autumn just outside my housing estate on the pylons,the Starlings all congregate after flying from Russia trying to escape the harsh winter.You can't here yourself speak for them chirping away.....It is truly wonderfull.

You can't beat nature,eh Bob?

Guest biohacker
To biohacker:

Mate, hope you enjoyed the banter; no offence meant when we went offcourse.

Actually, these...er...blokes are in awe of the majesty of this magnificent land...Except for Tracy123...Blackburn must be fascinating now. Wasn't when I was there 50 years ago:no:

Anyhow,mate, you try and get over to Australia, and bring me one of those gorgeous emeralds from the Muzo mines, hey?

Emerald Mines in Muzo, Colombia

Cheers, Bobj.

Thanks Bobj. emeralds from Muzo are absolutely gorgeus, I could take one with me when I go to OZ :) here they sell them and I can always get astounded by their shine and colors.

I know I will love Australia and if they give the opportunity I will do my best for the country. Cheers, Bob.

Lack of interest. don't wont to mention the B word.......... but it bored me silly.

I had intensions of jumping through all the hoops to be a licenced subcontractor but then it dawned on me that I would never be stimulated enough there.

Oz "wound never stimulate you enough" so you moved to Spain and spend your life posting on Poms In Oz!! you are one strange cookie!!!!:wacko:

Oz "wound never stimulate you enough" so you moved to Spain and spend your life posting on Poms In Oz!! you are one strange cookie!!!!:wacko:

Now, now, mate...The reason Aldo went to Spain is that he wasn't quite good enough to make it in Australia, so he had to take second best...:wink:

Cheers, Bobj.

are you there yet?

Now, now, mate...The reason Aldo went to Spain is that he wasn't quite good enough to make it in Australia, so he had to take second best...

Cheers, Bobj.

Hmmm maybe he is running from the old bill :policeman: or he owes money and needs to stay away for 5 yrs until bankruptcy clears :wideeyed:

Archived