"Romantic" getaway suggestions!

sadsmile23

Hi, looking to book a trip away for around 5 days end of January for wedding anniversary.

Just me and hubby (woohoo, in-laws here to look after the kids!!) so want somewhere totally chilled and beautiful that we can enjoy together. Obviously dont want to spend the earth, but would be keen on suggestions??

Hi, looking to book a trip away for around 5 days end of January for wedding anniversary.

Just me and hubby (woohoo, in-laws here to look after the kids!!) so want somewhere totally chilled and beautiful that we can enjoy together. Obviously dont want to spend the earth, but would be keen on suggestions??

Blackburn town centre on a Friday night Saturday morning..... There is something in the cobble stones...... always people snogging and I'm sure other rude things in some of the dark alleyways......

We've just had to consider the exact same question, we didn't want to travel far as we could only have one night and ended up going to an amazing boutique hotel in Perth but at $580 a night probably not what you're looking for.

My OH actually wanted to go to a resort near Margaret River, there are a few to choose from. My preference was an eco resort where you had an outside spa and food to feed the roos, possums etc, it just wasn't worth travelling though.

Karri Valley resort was the answer I got from a women at work when I asked if her OH wanted to take her away where would she go & it does look nice.

Try and get hold of a copy of Scoop Western Australia Traveller, it is full of places just perfect for a romantic break. If you can't this might help...

Western Australia - Scoop Traveller

Depending on whether you'd travel in Indonesia I am sure you would get a very good deal in Bali at the moment, I've never been but I believe outside of the 18-30 resorts it is chilled an beautiful and 5 days would be long enough to make it worth going.

Enjoy!

The tropical islands in Queensland - Whitsundays etc, beautiful

Guest guest30038
Blackburn town centre on a Friday night Saturday morning..... There is something in the cobble stones...... always people snogging and I'm sure other rude things in some of the dark alleyways......

LMAO :biglaugh:

kev

Hi, in March this year we took a 5 day break to Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays. We stayed at The Beach Club. It wasn't cheap, but it had an infinity pool, fair size rooms, excellent service and the building is only two levels so was very quiet. The island is a size that you can walk just about anywhere although the Beach Club gives you chauffeur driven golf buggies. Just ring them from anywhere on the island and they pick you up. We are at the other end of the age spectrum, but was a romantic package for our 36th wedding anniversary!

Enjoy wherever you end up.............

• 1 month later...
Guest shannonwebb

Hi! I know a great website to recommend in case you were looking for a cozy and fancy accommodation. It's called Splendia and they offer a very wide choice of luxury hotels and boutique hotels, virtually everywhere on the globe. I booked two hotels via their site, in France and in Spain, both excellent quality and good price! Hope you have a great time! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adamsnee

to my mind, there is nothing more romantic than visiting the Sydney Opera house. it is one of the most beautiful and most impressing buildings and inside it, you feel like you are in heaven, because the environment is just magical and beautiful and immaculate.

• 1 month later...
Guest hazelandmathew

If you have the money, then a panoramic plane ride over heart reef and the whitsunday islands is amazing. We blew our budget when here on a holiday a few years ago but I dont regret that for a second. You could stay on the mainland at Airlie beach which may be cheaper than Hamilton island etc. Also virgin blue and qantas have got a great sale on at the minute.

Hope this helps

H:wubclub:

Guest ozzierock

Maz's in the Gold Coast Hinterland Qld. Gorgeous little cottages. Beautiful surroundings. We went for an anniversary a few years ago. My husband organised for them to pack us a picnic, then a horse and carriage turned up. We went on a short tour around the beautiful countryside then stopped at a lovely little park and ate our pinic and drank some champers while the guy and the horse stood a descrete distance away and waited for us to finish before we retuned to the cottage. Lots of great restaurants nearby, as well as antique and curiosity shops. The gold coast beaches are about half an hour away too. Magic

http://www.mazsretreat.com/the-cottages.html

Guest TeamTalbot

Like a few others on here I can totally recommend Daydream Island or Hamilton Island in The Whitsundays for a romantic break. There is nothing quite like sipping cocktails whilst lounging in an infinity pool overlooking a palm-fringed beach. If the islands are a bit too expensive then you could find somewhere in Airlie Beach or Shingley Beach. I've been lucky enough to be living here since July and I never get tired of the views. It may be a little wet come the end of January, but I know there are great accomodation deals to be had if you are willing to haggle.

Archived