Flights

KIRK AND CO

I think I saw this as a topic within the last few weeks. Try doing a search and see what comes up.

We flew last year with BA/Qantas. BA were surprisingly good, Qantas were surprisingly bad. The planes seemed dirty and untidy as if they hadn't bothered to clean them between flights (we just used them for internal flights though), and the crew were a bit rude to be honest.

They ran out of apples half way down the plane and when we asked about it they just shrugged and told us they only supply fruit for about 60% of the passengers.:confused:

Wouldn't bother with them again unless I had to for a fairly short flight!

That said, for internal flights, Virgin Blue weren't much better!

hi

we flew to oz a couple of years ago and really rated quantas, lovely staff, food brill, fantastic with the kids, we flew our last leg of the journey home from singapore to uk with BA and they were dire, tatty plane, rude staff, nasty food,

Just goes to show we all have very different experiences lol

i said when i got home i would happily of got on the next plane back with quantas but someone would have had to pay me huge amounts of money to go with ba

Claire x

hi

we flew to oz a couple of years ago and really rated quantas, lovely staff, food brill, fantastic with the kids, we flew our last leg of the journey home from singapore to uk with BA and they were dire, tatty plane, rude staff, nasty food,

Just goes to show we all have very different experiences lol

i said when i got home i would happily of got on the next plane back with quantas but someone would have had to pay me huge amounts of money to go with ba

Claire x

Do they have a new larger plane I think I read it some were ?

I usually fly Qantas these days because I belong to their FF program (and I suggest you join up - it's free if you have a UK address but costs about $80 if you join in Aus). I have yet to have a bad flight with them but there is always a first time I guess. I have found the staff to be generally very pleasant and accommodating. I flew code share on a BA flight recently and it was fine too even though I vowed never to fly BA again after the flight from hell many years ago.

I usually fly Qantas these days because I belong to their FF program (and I suggest you join up - it's free if you have a UK address but costs about $80 if you join in Aus). I have yet to have a bad flight with them but there is always a first time I guess. I have found the staff to be generally very pleasant and accommodating. I flew code share on a BA flight recently and it was fine too even though I vowed never to fly BA again after the flight from hell many years ago.

ff programe ? What is it

... That said, for internal flights, Virgin Blue weren't much better!

Have flown with Virgin Blue a lot, never had any problems and the crew do add a bit of fun to travelling in real cut price economy. For long haul international we prefer Singapore but from the many travel forums that I read seems that a few others, Etihad and Malaysian in particular, are catching up with them for service; Singapore fares are generally a bit higher so we might look at the others.

Guest proud2beaussie

I travel on business with many airlines every year,and in most cases because it's to do with attending an airline conference or similar I don't pay so you may expect that I would find the carrier that provides the best hotel rooms etc as my favourite but that is not the case.

Whenever I travel for personal reasons I always choose Qantas even though I have to pay for it,I have travelled with Qantas nearly 800 times ,from short flights from Albury to Sydney,to long haul flights to London and I have yet to match them in terms of service,value for money,on time performance and comfort,I won't pay to fly with anyone else.

Their planes are well maintained (despite the horror stories in the media) and they have a very well balanced,young fleet of aircraft that includes the "bigger" plane Kirk referred to ,the Airbus A380,of which they have 3 with the 4th set to be delivered in a few weeks,they have ordered 20 A380's

Qantas are like any airline,they sometimes get things wrong like running out of food,or losing some baggage etc,but that is no different to any other carrier and wouldn't stop me flying with them..

Qantas have served me very well since I started flying with them in 1974,and I don't plan on changing from them.

Yes i think there are one too many horror stories about Quantas for my liking and the problem is that they are true. Even our Aunty who has lived in Perth for over 30 years says she wouldnt fly with Quantas because of their bad track record so its not just me. There's plenty other airlines out there without tempting fate lol!! :arghh:

Guest ElizaBee

Hi, I've flown with Cathay Pacific, Malaysian Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Air New Zealand and haven't had a bad experience yet.

This was over 10 years ago though, so I'm a bit out of date!!!

My husband has flown with Qantas and Singapore recently and had great flights.

Sounds like we've been pretty lucky.

I'm going to be flying back to the UK one way, hopefully in Feb 2010.

Could anyone recommend a great, safe airline with a stopover suitable for a 3 year old? Also she has loads of food allergies, so am a bit worried there, not sure what to do regarding that.

Thanks xx

I have travelled in all classes with Qantas, they look after first and business class quite well but the crew rostered in long haul economy can be quite rude and surly at times. Our last trip to London, part of a holiday package, was terrible, so bad that we will no longer buy a package if we have travel with Qantas.

With reference to the comments about the safety/record of Qantas, I wok in the industry and I would say that QF are one of the best in terms of safety. There are some well known international airlines that I wouldn't fly with knowing what I know. I have flown with QF many times and would not hesitate to do so again, in fact I am flying with them next month. Dont believe all the rubbish that the papers write.m (and no I don't work for QF !!)

With reference to the comments about the safety/record of Qantas, I wok in the industry and I would say that QF are one of the best in terms of safety. There are some well known international airlines that I wouldn't fly with knowing what I know. I have flown with QF many times and would not hesitate to do so again, in fact I am flying with them next month. Dont believe all the rubbish that the papers write.m (and no I don't work for QF !!)

Would you fly with Emirates?

I've used Qantas every time and they've been absolutely fine :smile: I always take a direct flight and try to book a flight via Singapore's Changi airport which is a nice place to stop whilst they refuel the plane. The last time I flew I went via Hong Kong which was dreadful: the airport smelled of mildew and the flight was delayed causing many of my fellow passengers to miss their connecting flights upon arriving in Australia. I almost missed mine and had to run through Melbourne airport to make my plane - not what you want after a long flight from Heathrow! It was the second time I had flown via Hong Kong and definitely the last.

been to auz many times with qantas always pretty good also internally, ba flight share some times in economy the staff made sure you knew you were on economy , maybe i was jus askin for too many beers lol jim

OMG Ra T what is in your PM regards to Emirates. You have me very scared now. I am flying with them at the end of Sept. Please can you enlighten me. I am very nervous flyer at the best of times.

Hi Georgie

Its about stopping over in Dubai. Put Dubai in the search box and read the threads on Dubai, especially the one that says 'please read, very serious' or something like that.

Debbie :hug:

OMG Ra T what is in your PM regards to Emirates. You have me very scared now. I am flying with them at the end of Sept. Please can you enlighten me. I am very nervous flyer at the best of times.

I'm flying on the 17th of September with Emirates!!!:unsure:

What is so bad? Went with them in '06 and were fine

They just gave us 50kg each that's why we chose them!!!!!!

I'm flying on the 17th of September with Emirates!!!:unsure:

What is so bad? Went with them in '06 and were fine

They just gave us 50kg each that's why we chose them!!!!!!

Yeah thats why i wanted to fly with them because of the migrant discount and the baggage allowance but not so sure now after reading that thread on the stopover in Dubai :nah:

Yeah thats why i wanted to fly with them because of the migrant discount and the baggage allowance but not so sure now after reading that thread on the stopover in Dubai :nah:

yes, read that and have been advised to get letters from the doctor for medication. I am definately going to do this although i had no idea at all about any concerns in '06 and took allsorts...co-codimol, calpol etc. Must have been lucky!:wideeyed:

I like this route though breaks up the 12 hr flights into 3 x 8 hour (ish) flights.

yes, read that and have been advised to get letters from the doctor for medication. I am definately going to do this although i had no idea at all about any concerns in '06 and took allsorts...co-codimol, calpol etc. Must have been lucky!:wideeyed:

I like this route though breaks up the 12 hr flights into 3 x 8 hour (ish) flights.

Yes i believe that they have gone more strict and tightened up more now than they did. They have got some new expensive equipment to scan people and luggage with now. The problem i have is that i will be taking feline medication with me for my cats so try talking your way out of that one lol!! Dont think the doctor would give me a letter for that and darent ask my vet as i didnt get it off him either :arghh:

OMG what are they scanning people for? :skeptical:

I only wanted to break the journey up and let husband have a cig! :laugh:

They are scanning people for any illegal substances or anything else illegal (in their terms anyway, stuff thats probably not illegal in the UK) so be very wary and do your homework.

Archived