Flights

KIRK AND CO

They are scanning people for any illegal substances or anything else illegal (in their terms anyway, stuff thats probably not illegal in the UK) so be very wary and do your homework.

I thought you meant for Swine Flu!:embarrassed:

As if we aren't all nervous enough about moving!!

With reference to which airline is best....whichever one you take you could have a good flight or a bad one, a lot will depend on the cabin crew. I have flown to Auss several times, and even being on the same plane, same seat etc, one leg of the journey was a lot better than the other purely because the c/crew were better. IIn my experience, if you fly with a cheap low cost airline, be prepared for a lack of support when flights are delayed, cancelled etc. Even dealing with some of the customer service departments can be a real headache with some airlines. For a lot of people it will come down to who is the cheapest, thats fine as long as you know what you are getting. I regularly fly from London to South France. I will always choose BA simply because I find the whole hassle of flying with a certain low cost airline to much. And having suffered the problems of delayed/cancelled flights with the low cost airlines, and the hassles that ensued, I will avoid them if I can. I have had delays etc with BA, but the back-up from the airline was good. As with any customer service industry, it is a testiment to the business when the sort out any problems properly. Research the route which the airline takes and associated problems that may cause....(see the issues on Dubai above). Flying via Los Angeles for example, we all know the reputtion of US immigration staff.....even in transit !! Flying Air Asia via kuala Lumpur, don't believe it is possible to check in all the way through, so will have the extra hassle in Kuala Lumpur, also Air Asia doesn't use the main international terminal (which is very nice) but a 'low cost terminal' some distance away, and the facilities there are por, crowded etc.

As to the safest airlines...very easy to do a search on the internet and see who has the best record. For obvious reasons I cant comment in a public forum as to who I would or wouldn't fly with.....just stick with the main players and you cant' go wrong, but if things do then hopefully you should be looked after.

Web sites that may help with info on seats etc;

Airline Seating Charts - Best Airplane Seats - SeatGuru

Global Airline Review - Airline Reviews & Airline Ratings

Archived