student visa Diploma of community welfare

bmw2705

has anyone finished this course as i have nearly finished and have been studying at tafe I am here on my own and was wondering if anyone has finished it what occupation did u use as skill assessment i.e. welfare or social worker for migration purpose i think they are both 60 points so its up to which fits nearer to the diploma qualification do you know which is the best to use????And i need a good person who can help with advise as they making it had to gain pr now

I have not done this course nor am I in Aus but, would that course get you past the skills assesment as a social worker? Unless you already have a relevant BA it may only qualify you as a welfare worker as they are quite strict on what quals you need to be a social worker, including BA, work placement etc But if you do the assesment for social work and fail they automatically asses you for welfare worker but not the other way round, but they are both 60 point occupations.

I am pretty sure that social workers have degrees not TAFE certification - certainly if you want to be employed as a social worker in government for example - the Australian Association of Social Workers would be the place to check to see if your qualifications meet their criteria otherwise you would be a community welfare worker I suspect.

Archived