Guest pakistan

Guest Meeshal

Hi shanzee. thanks a lot for quick reply. Do u have any idea if it helps to speed things up if i hav already lived in sydney for 6 months on a 457 which was granted for two years? Me and my husband also applied for PR together but i withdrawed my application later beacuse i went to pakistan for delivery because my husband had to leave for a long business trip near my delivery date, and he didnt want to leave me alone in Australia. At the time, when i withdrawed, our migration agent told me it will only take a couple of months when i will reapply for spouse visa with my child, as i have already gone through major processing. (that was in May 2009) I think this should make my case stronger, but im not so sure if it really would speed up anything.

Guest shanzee
shanzee may jab bhee namam parta hoooo tooo sub kay liay bohat bohat dua karta hooooo is forum may naya hoooooo is forum may aya kar muj koo sakoon milta hai jab may ap jasay dostoo say bat karta hoooo ok ap log mara replay bhee datay hau thank shanzeee replay karanay kay liay allah sub kay kam asan karay -------------------------good luck--------------take care

You are Welcome

Guest shanzee
Hi shanzee. thanks a lot for quick reply. Do u have any idea if it helps to speed things up if i hav already lived in sydney for 6 months on a 457 which was granted for two years? Me and my husband also applied for PR together but i withdrawed my application later beacuse i went to pakistan for delivery because my husband had to leave for a long business trip near my delivery date, and he didnt want to leave me alone in Australia. At the time, when i withdrawed, our migration agent told me it will only take a couple of months when i will reapply for spouse visa with my child, as i have already gone through major processing. (that was in May 2009) I think this should make my case stronger, but im not so sure if it really would speed up anything.

Meeshal,

Though I m not a migration agent but i think it may speed up but a little...

I think you should have applied on shore? Y did u apply from paksitan? its better to apply for 1 year/Six months visit visa first from pakistan (it is decided in Six weeks) then one can apply for Spouse visa there onshore in Australia. It would have been a better option for you too as onshore application are decided in six months .

Guest Meeshal
meeshal hum sub ap kay liay dua kar saktay hai kay allah ap ka case jaldee complete karway inshallah

Thank u very much for ur kind words, next. I also pray for everyone who is, like me, waiting for the call. People have been waiting for months and months. and i can totally understand how they might feel. May Allah Help us all, and give us the patience to bear this time with strength. Ameen!

Guest Meeshal
Meeshal,

Though I m not a migration agent but i think it may speed up but a little...

I think you must have to apply on shore? Y did u apply from paksitan? You should have to apply for 1 year/Six months visit visa first from pakistan (it is decided in Six weeks) then u would apply for Spouse visa there onshore in Australia. It would have been a better option and onshore application are decided in six months .

Yes, we actually thought of all these options beforehand.

The problem is that we are not allowed to go there on a visit visa and apply for any permanent visa on top of it. If the immigration department would have known that i came on a visit visa, and then i would be planning to stay permanently, they would have cancelled both my visas. We cross-checked this option from a few acquiantances, who all suggested against it.

Plus, my husband's friends who already had their wives come to sydney through same 309 visa, told us that it only takes 3 to 6 months max. We had no idea the timeline had increased to 10 months.

My case officer told me, she would contact me in 6 weeks. So i guess i have to wait for two more weeks before expecting any letter from her.

The basic problem right now is that, there are only two case officers in bangkok right now for pakistani applications, for more than a dozen cases. Also security checks take so much longer now, as u know Pakistan's current reputation!!

But its pointless to make wives and children wait to join their husbands/fathers, only because Pakistan is a High-risk country!! Its so frustrating and pointless!!

Guest sameera
Same here , I m also waiting for the security checks to be done. I think alll the process from paksitan takes 10 to 11 months from the day when u apply for the spouse Visa

Hi shanzee,

I hope you are doing fine.Did you call your case officer and learnt anything as to why is your medical being delayed so much?Also,how did you learn that they are doing security checks on your case?did you call anyone in bangkok?i applied a month after you did,and i got my medical very late compared to other cases.Also,i've learnt,that fiance visa(sub class 300)takes lesser time than the spouse visa and now i'm regretting why didn't i apply for that.my cousin just left for sydney who appliied for the fiance visa and she's happily settled there mashallah now.she got her visa in exactly 7 months and 25 days.once she gets married there,she can then apply for a spouse visa,which doesn't take a lot of time if applied for in australia.Also,i thought it'll add to my fellow visa applicants' information that she sent her passport on monday and got it by friday the same week.so there's some relief

that at least after you get the visa,the stamping doesn't take too long.I think i can term it as the worst time of my life.And i also believe that we as pakistanis are being discriminated against due to pakistan's political status.

Guest shanzee
shanzee ak bat ap say maloom karnee thee kay mara madical march may hoya tha iom say muj ko kasay maloom ho ga kay mara madicak clear hai ya nahee kia ap muj koo is baray may kuch guide karay plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz iam watin for rerapaly ok

Hey Next,

Aap ka medical hu gaya but aap ku result pata nahi chalay ga jab tak aap ka visa application ka koi result nahi aataa, ager visa approve hu gaya tu it means keh medical theek hai ager medical ke wajah say approve na hua tu woh medical reason likhiengay refusal letter main. Visa application ka result aanay say pehlay pata nahi chal sakta.

Ager aap ku ziada concerns hain tu aap Agha Khan hospital ja ker Xray, HIV or Hepatites B and C kay test kerwa lien reports againgee tu pata chal jaigaa

Meray Liyay bhe dua keraty rahien , Mera tu medical bhe nahi aayaa :unsure:

Guest shanzee
Yes, we actually thought of all these options beforehand.

The problem is that we are not allowed to go there on a visit visa and apply for any permanent visa on top of it. If the immigration department would have known that i came on a visit visa, and then i would be planning to stay permanently, they would have cancelled both my visas. We cross-checked this option from a few acquiantances, who all suggested against it.

Plus, my husband's friends who already had their wives come to sydney through same 309 visa, told us that it only takes 3 to 6 months max. We had no idea the timeline had increased to 10 months.

My case officer told me, she would contact me in 6 weeks. So i guess i have to wait for two more weeks before expecting any letter from her.

The basic problem right now is that, there are only two case officers in bangkok right now for pakistani applications, for more than a dozen cases. Also security checks take so much longer now, as u know Pakistan's current reputation!!

But its pointless to make wives and children wait to join their husbands/fathers, only because Pakistan is a High-risk country!! Its so frustrating and pointless!!

I think you are talking about the condition " 8503" which they impose on the visas of those pakistanis who has thier partner in Asutralia. Its actually unfair , they do not impose this conndition to national of other countries.

Guest shanzee
Hi shanzee,

I hope you are doing fine.Did you call your case officer and learnt anything as to why is your medical being delayed so much?Also,how did you learn that they are doing security checks on your case?did you call anyone in bangkok?i applied a month after you did,and i got my medical very late compared to other cases.Also,i've learnt,that fiance visa(sub class 300)takes lesser time than the spouse visa and now i'm regretting why didn't i apply for that.my cousin just left for sydney who appliied for the fiance visa and she's happily settled there mashallah now.she got her visa in exactly 7 months and 25 days.once she gets married there,she can then apply for a spouse visa,which doesn't take a lot of time if applied for in australia.Also,i thought it'll add to my fellow visa applicants' information that she sent her passport on monday and got it by friday the same week.so there's some relief

that at least after you get the visa,the stamping doesn't take too long.I think i can term it as the worst time of my life.And i also believe that we as pakistanis are being discriminated against due to pakistan's political status.

Sameera Ji,

I m Fine Thanks. I didnt Call case officer i have sent her email but she didnt reply. I dun agree that finace visa takes lesser time. Procedure for both are almost same. you can see in previous posts that last year one marriage visa have been issued just in 6 months and some was issued in 7 months. It depends on security check. The earlier ASIO clears you in terms of security the sooner your case will get approved.

Yes, stamping just takes 2 days in Islamabad embassy, they jsut have to check an email which is sent to them and then they have to print the sticker and paste at you passport.

Guest Meeshal
I think you are talking about the condition " 8503" which they impose on the visas of those pakistanis who has thier partner in Asutralia. Its actually unfair , they do not impose this conndition to national of other countries.

No Shanzee, im not refering to *No further Stay - 8503*

Im telling u that it is not allowed to apply for any permanent visa when ur on 676. esp for pakistanis. its more of a risk. if i get caught tryiing to apply for it being on a 676, they can deport me, and cancel both my visas.

Guest shanzee
No Shanzee, im not refering to *No further Stay - 8503*

Im telling u that it is not allowed to apply for any permanent visa when ur on 676. esp for pakistanis. its more of a risk. if i get caught tryiing to apply for it being on a 676, they can deport me, and cancel both my visas.

I m sorry but I dun know from where you have got this information that you can not apply for any pother visa while being there on Tourist Visa 676. I have again studied all the obligations and wat i have learnt is that it's 100% legal to apply for any visa while being on 676 visa Until and unless condition "8503" is imposed on your visa. You can find many examples of citizens of other coountries who applied for 309 visa and have got visa while they were on toourist visa there.The department can not cancel your visa at all on this ground that you were on 676 visa and was applying for another visa of any type except if condition 8503 is there on ur 676 visa.

But the problem is that when you are in paksitan and u fill ur form for visit visa and mention that you have your spouse there in australia, the embassy put that 8503 condition on your visa to make you unable to apply for any visa and to avoid any further stay from your side.

Guest Meeshal
I m sorry but I dun know from where you have got this information that you can not apply for any pother visa while being there on Tourist Visa 676. I have again studied all the obligations and wat i have learnt is that it's 100% legal to apply for any visa while being on 676 visa Until and unless condition "8503" is imposed on your visa. You can find many examples of citizens of other coountries who applied for 309 visa and have got visa while they were on toourist visa there.The department can not cancel your visa at all on this ground that you were on 676 visa and was applying for another visa of any type except if condition 8503 is there on ur 676 visa.

But the problem is that when you are in paksitan and u fill ur form for visit visa and mention that you have your spouse there in australia, the embassy put that 8503 condition on your visa to make you unable to apply for any visa and to avoid any further stay from your side.

lol. yes my dear. thats exactly what i was trying to tell you. :D its for pakistanis!! its difficult for pakistanis. Mostly only E-visitor eligible countries are allowed to extend their stay. Most high risk countries are 70 to 80% more likely to get No further Stay imposed.

By the way, i must thank u for all ur kind help. Stay in touch. Praying for you too. :)

Guest Meeshal
lol. yes my dear. thats exactly what i was trying to tell you. :D its for pakistanis!! its difficult for pakistanis. Mostly only E-visitor eligible countries are allowed to extend their stay. Most high risk countries are 70 to 80% more likely to get No further Stay imposed.

By the way, i must thank u for all ur kind help. Stay in touch. Praying for you too. :)

Also, i will find the thread again, and send you, where i read, that its risky to apply for permanent visa when ur on 676. :)

I have heard that ppl have done this, when they didnt get 8503 imposed on their passports.

and also that it was quicker..

Anyways.. whats done is done now. :) have to wait with all for you in line.

Guest sameera
Sameera Ji,

I m Fine Thanks. I didnt Call case officer i have sent her email but she didnt reply. I dun agree that finace visa takes lesser time. Procedure for both are almost same. you can see in previous posts that last year one marriage visa have been issued just in 6 months and some was issued in 7 months. It depends on security check. The earlier ASIO clears you in terms of security the sooner your case will get approved.

Yes, stamping just takes 2 days in Islamabad embassy, they jsut have to check an email which is sent to them and then they have to print the sticker and paste at you passport.

Hi shanzee,

I think you should call her.I called my case officer today and she was very helpful.after the medicals they wait for the health clearance to come to bangkok from australia which takes a while.she said once she gets it,they'll begin to finalize my application which could take around two months.she advised me not to apply for a tourist visa cos they'll finalize the application during the same amount of time it takes for a tourist visa to be processed.Its your right to know what's going on with your case,and trust me they'll be helpful.

I must say its rather concerning that why haven't you still got your medical and further documents request.I hope you get out of your misery soon and get your medical and further documents request form as soon as possible.

good luck honey and take care!:hug:

Guest masOZ

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. Can you please advise where should i send my application ? Should i send to Australian High Commission in Islamabad or should i send it directly to Bangkok for spouse visa?

Guest Meeshal
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. Can you please advise where should i send my application ? Should i send to Australian High Commission in Islamabad or should i send it directly to Bangkok for spouse visa?

Hi there, i had the same first question in mind. and i called AHC - Islamabad. They said that the application is processed in Bangkok, but still it is preferred to apply from the country where we are living at the moment. Also, we have to make bank draft payable to AHC in Pakistan in Ruppees. They sent my application to Bangkok in around 3 weeks. And i got my acknowledgement letter within a month.

Best of Luck!

Guest Meeshal
masoz welcome plz send ur file direct to bankok for spouse visa uf 309 okkkk

Hi, did u send ur file there directly?

i was also confused as to where to send it. but i submitted it in islamabad. do u think it would have been better to send directly?

Guest Meeshal
I have applied in October 2010, havent been asked for medicals as yet. It's a hard time till i get the visa.

I am fully aware that being a Pakistani we are from a High Risk country and i also agree that DIAC should take all the measures to ensure security of the Australians but it doesn’t mean that you put the applicants from a specific country on hold for a year or more. We all are facing uncertainty and life is kind of stopped till we get the visa.

I have observed that applicants from other high risk countries are getting there applications approved with in four months time period. I think that the DIAC should take measures to speed up the process for Pakistani applicants .

Shanzee, i think its high time, you should call Australian embassy in bangkok. my case officer never picks up the phone so i called embassy and they connected me to her. You now need to tell them ur situation and ask them to send you medicals request!! Best of luck!

Guest Meeshal
sory meeshal it not for uuu it for masoz ok friend iam sory

i know u replied to masoz. i replied too. but i was just asking you where you sent it.

Guest masOZ

Thank you!

I called AHC - Islamabad as well. They said that it's up to me if i want to send to Bangkok directly. Otherwise, they will forward to Bangkok.

My fee has already been paid in Australia. Where did get your acknowledgement - from Islamabad or Bangkok ?