Guest pakistan

Guest Omer

Hi there, my name is Omer and I just discovered this forum today. I live in Brisbane Australia and am an Australian citizen from Pakistani descent. My wife is Pakistani citizen and we applied for her spouse visa by 15-Dec-2009 to Bangkok embassy and got back the acknowledge letter within a week. The AHC bangkok asked for medicals and statuary declarations which my wife mailed to them by 15-Jan-2010. Today, it has been more than 4 months and we have not heard any thing from the immigration department. My wife called them a month ago, and the customer service lady told us that they received all our documents and do not require anything from us at the moment. Their security agency is doing their checks and the department cannot do anything until the security agency has given the green signal.

So me and my wife are just waiting patiently and hoping to get the visa by end of June or earlier, God willingly. My wife's police clearance was done from Karachi (as she lives in Karachi) and it said on the clearance that its only valid for 6 months. Does that mean she has to do another clearance by end of May-2010 because her police clearance will expire by end of May 2010?

Can anyone help me out here on the police clearance? How long will you all recommend is the average waiting time considering that me and my wife got married in September 2009 and her spouse visa application seems to me as a straight-forward case!

Best of luck to all the visa applicants on this forum!

Omer

Guest sarahh

hello Omer,

i know this stage is very difficult and you get really anxious when you don't get to hear about any progress from the embassy.

i went through this whole process myself and would recommend to be very patient.It took me almost 10 months to get my visa which i know is very very frustrating.As per your inquiry of the police certificate the embassy usually considers ( as per my experience and observing) it to be valid for a period of 1 year starting from the issuance date.

Guest anusha

@Omer: I have been waiting for 10 months and 3 days now and still no visa no updates or anything of the sorts!!!all they told me was that it is about to be finalised!!!so lets wait n see...

n yes police clearance is valid for a year. mine is expiring on june 16th and i'm still waiting...in case you need a new one the department informs you!!!

Guest Omer

Thanks a lot Sarahh and Anusha for your help! I am wondering why is it taking the dept. that long (more than 10 months) to process the visa application, while they say on their website that it takes around 6-9 months. Are their any applicants on this forum who have got their spouse visas approved within 6 months? or within 9 months? For sarahh and anusha, are your cases simple standard cases, where you got married and applied for the visa? or does it involve complications such as prospective marriage, dependants involved in the application (children, parents), or some other possible reason?

The Bangkok embassy started processing spouse visa applications for Pakistanis from May 2009. I guess the applications are stacking up there in a queue and its taking even more than 9 months for new applications.

Guest siamsusie
Thanks a lot Sarahh and Anusha for your help! I am wondering why is it taking the dept. that long (more than 10 months) to process the visa application, while they say on their website that it takes around 6-9 months. Are their any applicants on this forum who have got their spouse visas approved within 6 months? or within 9 months? For sarahh and anusha, are your cases simple standard cases, where you got married and applied for the visa? or does it involve complications such as prospective marriage, dependants involved in the application (children, parents), or some other possible reason?

The Bangkok embassy started processing spouse visa applications for Pakistanis from May 2009. I guess the applications are stacking up there in a queue and its taking even more than 9 months for new applications.

Hi Omer, I sincerely hope you obtain the visa soon. All non essential staff have been removed from BKK and the embassy is closed whilst the civil problems are in full swing and therefore than likely a further delay is on the cards. Hopefully Thailand can get back on an even footing quickly:wubclub: Susie

Guest Omer

Well what I hear from some of my Pakistani friends here in Australia, that the partner visa is usually taking around 9-10 months from the date all documents are received by Bangkok Embassy. It means that the applicant should not count the time when he/she applied for the 1st time, but actually from the date Bangkok Embassy has received the final set of documents (usually medicals) from the applicant.

Does anyone on this forum has been waiting more than 9 or 10 months since they have sent ALL of the required documents to Bangkok Embassy ???

Guest pakistan

Hi Omer and all,

I lodged my application in May last year and it was that time when the Australian embassy in Islamabad was shifted to Bangkok. Anyway just to inform you guys, my husband was a Permanent Resident at that time and I was able to get my visa exactly the next day after 6months completion. So dont let yourselves down..InshaAllah there are chances that you can get your wife's visa in 6months...rest the police clearance is considered for 1 year no matter if its expiry is in 6months..I had the same confusion but my case officer confirmed me that it'll be considered for 1 year.

I believe the processing time starts from the date you receive your first acknowledgement letter of your application and not the medicals..good luck everyone..

Guest anusha

@salma 123: did you speak to your visa officer?????or have they asked you for anything including a new police clearance????mine expires on June 16th but they still havent contacted me!!!i tried calling but could not get thru as the call queues were very long!!!

Guest sarahh

hi omer,

yes my case was a pretty standard and straightforward case. No dependents involved no case of prospective marriage.I applied in Islamabad but then i got to know that they shifted my application to Bangkok as all applications from 1st May 09 onwards were to be processed in Bangkok. The time period i mentioned till i gt the visa was from the date mentioned on the acknowledgement letter.

Guest sarahh

Application lodged : 24th April 2009

Police Report Expiry Date: 20th April 2010

Application Transferred to Bangkok: 10th May 2009

Acknowledgement Letter: 26th May 2009

Medical: 11 June 2009

Request for Form 80: 30h July 2009

<No Interview>

Visa Granted: 5th March 2010

Initial Entry: 20th April 2010

Guest anusha

@sarahh: i called the embassy n found out that my case officer is the same as yours.tried calling her but could not get thru!!!could you plz inbox me her email address, as the email on the general address does not get thru!!!kindly do that as soon as possible!!!i m really freaking out now!!!

Guest anusha

@sonia 111: yes i have the same case officer but she did not contact me, i found that out by calling the embassy. i thought sum other guy who had sent me the acknowledgement letter was my case officer. could you plz send me her email address?????i want to email her!!!!!n i have been waiting for 10 and a half months!!!

Guest rina

Hi, I’ve applied in December 2009, got acknowledgement letter and medical request after few days by this same lady rabia mushtaq, I haven’t received any email after that and waiting to get any reply from them .I don’t know if she is my case officer because I have mailed her couple of times but didn’t get any reply .I read about your previous post anusha its freaking me out as well, 10 months darn

Guest itskhurram

Dear All

I guess i discovered this forum a a bit late but still, I applied for prospective marriage visa sub class 300 in August 2010, the application date on my acknowledgment letter was 08 Aug 2009, i sent my application directly to Australian Embassy in Bangkok and received the acknowledgment letter and request for medicals within a week.

As it was mentioned on the acknowledgment letter that the processing time is 6-9 months i didn't try to contact the embassy at all. They asked me to submit some extra documents which includes Affidavits, Police Clearance Certificates etc etc. On the completion of 8 months i tried to contact the case officer and was advised by her that they are in the process of finalizing my application and will be able to do that within 2 weeks, unfortunately the embassy was closed for 1 week because of the protests in Bangkok, I called the case officer again on 24th May 2010 just to confirm that the embassy had reopened and was advised by her that she will be able to finalize my application today.

Finally i received my approval letter on 25th May 2010 :smile:

I have already sent my passport to Australian High Commission, Islamabad for visa evidencing.

Can anyone tell me that how long does it take to get the visa stamped from Islamabad.

Good Luck All

Regards

Khurram

Guest Omer

How do you contact your case officer? My wife's acknowledgement letter only has got the case officer's name and his email address, but only has embassy's general phone number (66 2 344 6400) rather than case officer's work-desk phone number. My wife has been calling them for the last few days on Bangkok embassy's general phone line in order to talk to the case officer, but the message on the phone goes on saying that the applicants should only call between 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM (Bangkok Time). Then when she tried calling in between that time, no one ever pick up the phone and the music starts for ever.

Does anyone has similar problem? Is there a way to get around that? Do any of you know the specific phone numbers of your case officers?

Cheers

Omer

Guest Omer

Hello all, another question. Since the partner visa application is taking so long to process, I am thinking of getting my wife here to Australia on a tourist visa. Has anyone got any reservations or thoughts or possible foreseeing issues about it?

My wife called Australian Embassy Islamabad (who currently process the tourist visa applications) and they told her that it's totally fine if she wants to travel to Australia as a tourist in order to stay with her husband. I also contacted the Department of Immigration here in Australia, and they told me that the tourist visa and partner visa are two independent visa types and my wife can come over to Australia as a tourist and her partner visa application will not be affected at all just because she has applied for a tourist visa or travelling to Australia as a visitor.

Has anyone on this forum done this before? or anyone has got any issues with that?

The only problem is that my wife can travel to Australia as a tourist, but then she has to return back to Pakistan if she gets her partner visa; then she has to get her partner visa stamped and then travel again to Australia on partner visa.

Me and my wife are not too worried about the extra return ticket purchase, and travelling involved, since she got her acknowledgement letter in Nov 2009, and we are not realistically expecting her visa to be stamped any time before 10 months, after listening to so many people on this forum and some experience with partner visa time-frames of the wives of my Pakistani friends here in Australia.

Please feel free to comment & suggest.

Cheers

Omer

Guest Sonia111

yesterday we have got responce from immigration office and they are asking for AOS(assurance of support) for my husband's visa. Its seems that our case is now in its final stage after exactly 9 months. Good luck for others

Guest Omer

Hi all, my wife got her visa granted yesterday !!! Me and my wife are very happy Masha Allah !!!

It took the Australian Embassy Bangkok exactly 6 months to grant her the visa. Here are her application processing details:

Partner visa application lodged: 27/11/2009

Acknowledgement received: 30/11/2009

Medicals & other docs sent: 20/12/2009

Visa Granted: 31/05/2010

Thank you so much to all of the nice people on this forum! Best of luck to all the applicants.

Omer

Guest Laiba

Congratulations:) You must be relieved!!Were you informed through email?And by what date do you have to make your first entry into Australia?

Guest Laiba

Also do you Anusha or anyone else here know from experience how long it takes to get the passport stamped with the visa from Islamabad?