Guest pakistan

hi Kanwal,

i applied to Islamabad and in Pak Rs. i am not sure about which currency you should use if lodging to Bangkok. do visit this link DIMA - Partner Migration Info Sheet - Australian Embassy

as far as sending document use DHL, as i send some documents to Bangkok during application process and they received in 2 days.

Any other body got any update regarding case progress ???

Thank for your reply sarahh and yea i am still trying to figure out what's will be right way for it

Hi, I paid my visa fees in australia but I think u should contact bangkok for more info on this . I sent all my documents with ocs courier and also sent further documents with tnt and they received after 2 or 3 days.

Thanks for reply mohammad .. we try to contact bangkok embassy today but even after spending hundreds on calling card we can't manage to even find right phone numbers as the number on immigration pages of Bangkok speak in thai language and even after pressing option 1 for english (as they ask for it) its again speaking in thai language which is so annoying .. so we were unable to find any information through this way about this problem :(

my hubby is going back to australia on this saturday so we are now thinking that as u also paid in australia we also use the same option now .. can you please tell me did u only pay the fees from australia or did u send the papers of immigration to bangkok as well ?? Though as applicant I prefer that all the future communcation should be done by me.

Guest anastasia4lyfe
Hi, I paid my visa fees in australia but I think u should contact bangkok for more info on this . I sent all my documents with ocs courier and also sent further documents with tnt and they received after 2 or 3 days.

Hi All, just thought i'd add in to this discussion. I found it much easier to pay the fees here in Australia for my husband. I paid by credit card on the phone, waited for the receipt to be sent to me (or issued if you visited the office) and then I sent it off to my husband for him to hand in with his application to the Aussie Embassy.

Hubby got his 309 visa approved almost exactly 6 months of applying for it and he's been here for 10 months, he's from the pacific islands and waiting time they say is 6 months.

Next step will be PR :biggrin:

Hi All, just thought i'd add in to this discussion. I found it much easier to pay the fees here in Australia for my husband. I paid by credit card on the phone, waited for the receipt to be sent to me (or issued if you visited the office) and then I sent it off to my husband for him to hand in with his application to the Aussie Embassy.

Hubby got his 309 visa approved almost exactly 6 months of applying for it and he's been here for 10 months, he's from the pacific islands and waiting time they say is 6 months.

Next step will be PR :biggrin:

Thank you for adding this information .. and yea it surely looking easy this way as hubby is going back to sydney on this saturday .. so he can use this phone option as its really hard to visit the office during those Embassy office timing.

Guest chrisrich
i hope its early for you.

I lodged my spouse visa application on June 27th and got acknowledgement on july 14th 2009. After that my visa officer rang on July 20th to confirm receipt of correction to my address that i sent later on. police checks were sent with the application but medicals were requested with acknowledgement. medicals done on july 27th and sent by doctor. from then onwards havent heard anything...its been 3 months and i'm getting impatient.i hope they approve it soon.

dont know whether they need more documents or evidence...

There are quite a few things to know. If I get more time I'll post the information. Please feel free to review the link below for articles that will help you.

Good luck.

Guest mohammad

Hi,

How long has everyone been waiting for their visa application? It is so frustrating I have been waiting for 5 months since application received but 8 months since my shaadi . Has anyone been waiting for more than 6 months? Please reply

Guest siamsusie
Hi,

How long has everyone been waiting for their visa application? It is so frustrating I have been waiting for 5 months since application received but 8 months since my shaadi . Has anyone been waiting for more than 6 months? Please reply

Your "Shaddi" I take it is your marriage? Have you been in touch with your agent at all?

I sincerely hope that you havent too much longer to wait. Is it Thailand that is processing your case Mohammad?

best wishes Susie:wubclub:

Ha Ha, just 5 months.. i've been waiting for my wife's visa for last 8 month. We got acknowledgement on May last year and since then no reply. they just asked for form 888 in august and thats it. and i really don't think she will get her visa in next few weeks as well/

Guest anusha

Hey,

I've been waiting for my visa for the last 6 months and there has been no response from them as yet. I emailed my case officer once and he didnt reply. Has anyone contacted their visa officer???And what did they say????Mine didnt even ask for further documents...Did my medical in July and since then sitting and waiting...Its extremely frustrating as my shaadi took place in March and my husband is coming again in February for a month and i really need the visa before then?????Plus i did not apply thru a migration agent!!!

Guest anastasia4lyfe

Hi everyone

I also didn't go through a migration agent when applying for my husbands visa. As mentioned before he received his visa almost exactly 6months after we lodged the application.

I was only contacted once to provide more information regarding our relationship and that was sent off quickly. When the waiting period they had told me was almost up I contacted them and they told me I should be hearing from them soon. Another phone call later and I was told that his visa had been approved.

My advice is just to have LOTS and LOTS of patience. It is a waiting game and IF everything has been submitted then there is nothing more you can do.

Good luck to everyone that is waiting. Do not give up and if they're not answering emails then call them.

:biggrin:

Hey,

I've been waiting for my visa for the last 6 months and there has been no response from them as yet. I emailed my case officer once and he didnt reply. Has anyone contacted their visa officer???And what did they say????Mine didnt even ask for further documents...Did my medical in July and since then sitting and waiting...Its extremely frustrating as my shaadi took place in March and my husband is coming again in February for a month and i really need the visa before then?????Plus i did not apply thru a migration agent!!!

from which country u are applying from ...?

hey guys,

i called the aus high commission in bangkok and managed to speak to some customer service representative since my co did not reply to my two emails. The person told me my medicals had been approved and they did not need anything else from me at this point. However, they are waiting for some information from immigration department in australia and they wont be able to finalise the application until they receive that information. He also told me to wait for a month and then ask...fingers crossed but i m getting impatient.

Did any of you guys get the visa especially sara and salma????who had been waiting for quite some time now...any other progress?????

Guest salma123

Hey guys n anusha

yeah I'm still waiting on my desicion aswel and I havnt yet contcted the Bangkok office yet but it's so frustating for me, just waiting n waiting. What did tht customer service guy told u y u couldn't speak with case officer ?

hey.

bas he just asked for my file number and date of birth and when i submitted evrything and gave me the information that i shared with you guys. he just told me the application cannot be finalised until the information comes from immigration department in australia.n told me to wait for a month.so lets see what happens now...who is ur case officer????n how about ur relationship statement???did they ask you for further documents???

Guest salma123

I don't knw abt my case officer coz nobody contcted me after the submission of the documents in the ist place n yeah we did send relationship statment and no further doc were requested. Now just freaking out!!!!!

Hello Everyone

Just came across this forum. I suppose that most of the guys/girls here are Pakistani.

I am Pakistani and am currently living and working in Adelaide. Got married in September and applied for my wife visa early december (Send the documents to Bangkok and I paid the fee here at the immigration office in Adelaide). Got acknowledgement mid december. They asked for medical and a few other documents.

Reading the post of most of you, I think that the waiting period has just started and have to wait atleast 6 months before I hear anything.

Just wanted to ask if any of you had been called for an interview.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi every one,

did anyone got any response from embassy or not? any interview or any more documents requested? mine 9 months are finished now and still no response :( any body got any update or news to share ?

Hi saad ,

i believe your's 9 months are also finishing up or already finished , what about the progress at ur end ? have you try to contact them or they contacted you ?

HI Sarah,

Sorry I don't exactly remember the dates of police certificate, but i am pretty sure that dates doesn't matter as long as they have accepted the documents. I called them 2 weeks ago and they said that they are just waiting on security clearance, so don't know how long it would take. I even called Dept of immigration in melb and made complain but still no response. i would recommend each and every one to call them ane lounge official complain, as i was told by dept of immigration here.

Here is the link to lounge complain if any of you can.

Contact Us – Compliments and Complaints – Department of Immigration and Citizenship

hi saad,

Thx for your reply. Just one more quick question ur 9 months are already finished up or about to finish.? I mean since they got the application?

Hi Guys,

My wife applied in may as well. she got acknowledgement by the end of may, then they asked for form 80 and some documents which we provided straight away. since then there is not correspondense. its getting really frustrating as we sent them email once and still they didn't reply back.. have any of you got their visa who applied in may??

Well Saad you said your nine months finished but as per your own post you said applied in may and got acknowledgement end of may ... then how come your nine months finished up already in Januray.

Hi Gals ,

Any update on your side . any contact from CO or you contacted ???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mohammad

I cant beleive the way they treat the visa applicants from pakistan.

They say 6 to9 months but they have no intention of giving any visa after 6 months and even 9 months by the looks of things , I think we will be lucky to receive anything before 1 year.

Why do they process other countries so fast but they dont care about us.

I spoke with 1 man from immigration dept and he said they use external agency for security checks and thatthey usually take more than 6 months for this check we just have to wait but I am sick of waiting, I think they are just lazy........