15 members have voted

1. 1. Top airlines for the money.

• Singapore
    • Quantas
    • Cathay Pacific
    • Emirates
    • Other

Guest proud2beaussie

Where are you travelling from and which city in Australia are you coming to?Also do you require one way fares.

depends if it all about cost, if you want a stop over, do you want to fly on new 380, does it matter which airport. i have flown emirates (very good), and malaysia (also good food excellent but i like aircraft food). choose malaysia second time round as flew out from heathrow and they were almost cheapest with the shortest flight time. you have to be careful there isn't a 7 hr wait at a stop over, unless you want to. I hear singapore is a great airport to explore.

NIGELINOZ on here does flights might be worth booking through him as he seems a top bloke.

Where are you travelling from and which city in Australia are you coming to?Also do you require one way fares.

Hi Nigel

sorry know your the best person to ask about this, we want to fly one way from London to Perth and bring about 70k of luggage each with us, who would you recommend to travel with so that our luggage costs are low. We would prefer getting out there with only one stop if possible.

Just we flew british airways before on a british airways plane as far as Singapore last year and it was fantastic but then we got put on a really really bad plane from Singapore via Darwin to Cairns, have terrible memories of sitting with a wedding dress on my knee for 9 solid hours as they had no where to hang it even though we requested it and the overhead lockers were jammed!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, we want to bring our luggage all with us instead of sending it out separately

Guest proud2beaussie

Hi Maisie,

Please send me a PM with details of when you want to travel,where from/to etc and I will give you as much advice as I can.

Cheers

N'OZ

Hi Maisie,

Please send me a PM with details of when you want to travel,where from/to etc and I will give you as much advice as I can.

Cheers

N'OZ

thanks a mill Nigel for that, we just sent back the form 1100 yet so it will probably

be October/November but nearer to us going I will contact you by PM and

thank you so much -

have a great weekend:notworthy:

I seem to be the only person in the world who thinks Emirates are highly overated and after doing a return flight with them recently we have vowed to never ever fly with them again (although to be fair that isn't all down to the airline)

Some of the planes on the Perth Dubai route seem pretty old, they have a strange seat extension which doesn't seem to work on many seats and on some is stuck at a strange angle, before even taking off at Perth I was incredibly uncomfortable and asked for some assistance, the cabin crew explained that the foot rests had been removed to provide extra leg room and I guess therefore because I am relatively short (164cm) me feet didn't comfortably reach the floor. The cabin crew provided a plactic crate for me to put my feet on! I was asked to submit a complaint because 'nothing gets done unless customers complain' so I did - no reply so far.

The same problem did not occur on the Dubai-London flight, but did on thr Glasgow-Dubai flight. The Dubai-Perth flight was a very old plane and did not have the ICE entertainment system (which is very good)

Our main reason for never using them again is Dubai airport, my OH has been harassed everytime we have travelled through there and this time was detained for two hours and body searched, it was a very scary experience. All I can say is if you are not conservative looking I'd avoid it like the plague.

We personally found Singapore airlines A380 out of this world and will probably use them next time. I never thought I'd say this but I'd rather fly via Heathrow.

Jules

Totally Agree about Heathrow, I have done everything to avoid going that route for the last 10 years and been through many airports and the last time we travelled in April I said to OH thats it I think Heathrow isn't that bad after all. So will definitely use that route next time

Flew with Singapore couldnt fault them ,one hiccup got the monday mornin work plane from singapore gets into perth at 715 , guy next to me took over the overhead lockers , he must have been a bo=ig wig in sia or a vip ,the crew spoke to him as mr so and so and fell over themselves for him , really pissed me off but got revenge , asquired temp incontinence every time the guy nodded off , more loo breaks than an aussie lol

Singapore were great could not fault them apart from mr x

Flew with Singapore couldnt fault them ,one hiccup got the monday mornin work plane from singapore gets into perth at 715 , guy next to me took over the overhead lockers , he must have been a bo=ig wig in sia or a vip ,the crew spoke to him as mr so and so and fell over themselves for him , really pissed me off but got revenge , asquired temp incontinence every time the guy nodded off , more loo breaks than an aussie lol

Singapore were great could not fault them apart from mr x

Not flying business class were you???

Not flying business class were you???

Ha ha chokes on beer excuse me, no JUles havent had the privelige but me and nic have talked about it and could not understand the fuss they were kickin up over an economy oick , either business was full or he was doing the jap thing

• 5 weeks later...
Guest sazzle76

Does anyone know if its easier leaving the UK on a day flight or a night flight??

We last went business class with Emirates, left Manchester about 10am I think and 9 month old slept all the way to Dubai and then to Melbourne!

We are about to go with BA from Heathrow and the flight leaves at 930pm, Im figuring the boys will hopefully sleep to Singapore and im not bothering to think about on to Sydney!!

We get to Sydney a 530am local time and are considering getting a hotel at the airport to get some sleep before flying onto Adelaide.

Does anyone prefer or think a night flight is best with kids???

Im getting scared about flying with the youngest now :o( Hes not as well behaved as the 3 year old!!

Hi Sazzle76

we flew with BA from Glasgow-Heathrow-Singapore-Sydney-Adelaide with an 18 month old. The Heathrow flight left at 22.00 hrs and wee one slept the whole way to singapore. Only at singapore for around an hour then she slept for around half of the flight to Sydney, but awoke cheerful and refreshed after loads of sleep!

The worst part was the morning flight to Adelaide (first business flight of the morning) where we were all tired and grumpy and my daughter cried and fidgeted for almost the whole flight, while all the business men tried to ignore her!

We're doing the same flight again end of this yr/early Jan and to be honest we're thinking of a stopover this time.

Good luck

Arlene

Guest sazzle76
Hi Sazzle76

we flew with BA from Glasgow-Heathrow-Singapore-Sydney-Adelaide with an 18 month old. The Heathrow flight left at 22.00 hrs and wee one slept the whole way to singapore. Only at singapore for around an hour then she slept for around half of the flight to Sydney, but awoke cheerful and refreshed after loads of sleep!

The worst part was the morning flight to Adelaide (first business flight of the morning) where we were all tired and grumpy and my daughter cried and fidgeted for almost the whole flight, while all the business men tried to ignore her!

We're doing the same flight again end of this yr/early Jan and to be honest we're thinking of a stopover this time.

Good luck

Arlene

Thanx Arlene.

I was hoping to hear that :yes:

Just hope we can get some sleep too! Im not good at sleeping on planes. We are staying in Singapore for 2 nights coming home as its always worse flying back.

Our 1 year old wakes up screaming for an hour sometimes too, not sure that will go down well onboard :arghh:

Does anyone know if its easier leaving the UK on a day flight or a night flight??

We last went business class with Emirates, left Manchester about 10am I think and 9 month old slept all the way to Dubai and then to Melbourne!

We are about to go with BA from Heathrow and the flight leaves at 930pm, Im figuring the boys will hopefully sleep to Singapore and im not bothering to think about on to Sydney!!

We get to Sydney a 530am local time and are considering getting a hotel at the airport to get some sleep before flying onto Adelaide.

Does anyone prefer or think a night flight is best with kids???

Im getting scared about flying with the youngest now :o( Hes not as well behaved as the 3 year old!!

Flew to UK and back in April with a 19/20 monther and on the way back we left about 10pm and she slept all the way to breakfast before Singapore, hooned around the airport admiring the bags and the orchids (no gender stereotyping there of course), ate much of what was on the adult plates for dinner and then promptly slept all the way to Melbourne breakfast. She managed to stay awake and pleasant for the trip to Canberra, got in the car and promptly fell asleep and stayed that way for almost 24 hours.

I always get a night flight by preference - that way I can walk myself silly during the day and be utterly knackered so that I am usually fast asleep before wheels up. I do the same in the opposite direction and dont get jet lagged (I also choose not to believe in jet lag so that helps a bit:biglaugh:)

Archived