• depends on selling the house
    • Between September-October 2009
    • Between November-December 2009
    • Between Jan-March 2010
    • Between April-June 2010
    • Between July-December 2010

Guest khotkunal

Thanks Freebo,

Does that mean that they check the application initially when it is submitted so that all docs are complete? And if they receive all other docs then why do they ask for CV afterwards?

I think they need the CV in very detail, as they present it to the panel for reviewing.

Anyways lets hope for the best and play the waiting gam e till we hear any news from them next week in the new year.

Thanks and Regards

KK...

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ulaganayagan

Dear All

My parellel application for SA skill Sponsorship has been rejected due to the following reason.

Excessive non-essential documentation delayed processing. Refused. Resume does not indicate clearly that applicant has worked in the Nominated Occupation (but at the managerial level).

I am Mechanical Engineer with more than 15 years of experience.My designation is naturally in the range of Manager.

While the skilled assessment was successful,SA rejected on the grounds that i worked in the occupation in the managerial level:biglaugh:

Guest VickyMel

Hi to all on the VIC SS thread and Happy New Year to you all.

I was away from a decent internet connection for 5 weeks then away for the year end so I have not been on PIO as much as I would have liked.

Congrats Stevenson for getting a prompt reply.KK and others,should we also call them.:happy_face_cowboy_w:happy_face_cowboy_w

I think we can also ask about our status to Vic SS and hope they are into some sort of process with our applications.

I'd suggest that you wait until the time they suggested is up - or if you have reason to be concerned that your application was not received (ie no SS ref number).

I think maybe Scott was just lucky when he called and got the good news his applications was approved.

VIC seem pretty good at getting back to you and letting you know what is happening when they have processed things. I think most people when they enquire before a decision has been made get an automatic responce saying that your application is in process and is waiting for the outcome of the industrial panel. If I remember correctly we enquired after about 11 weeks and got this automatic responce.

There was one applicant who was told not to keep contacting them and asking so they do keep records of your calls and emails.

As Freebo mentioned he waited 14 weeks in the end and I agree with him that 8-10 weeks is probably an average. We waited 16 weeks and it appears very much to depend on when the industrial panel sits as others with similar occupations appear to hear at a similar time.

Its very frustrating waiting I know!

I was also asked for detailed CV on 5-6 Dec as I had applied on 2 dec. So do not know whether they have really considerd our files to the panel.

I think they need the CV in very detail, as they present it to the panel for reviewing.

I think that this is the case. Several people have been asked to provide a more detailed CV shortly after they apply. I assume (but do not know) that someone looks at your application early to ensure they have everything they need to pass it to the Industrial Panel and Victoria do seem to like a detailed CV for their panel to consider. Most people then do not hear for a while and I assume it just goes through the normal processing and onto the industrial panel after this initial check.

Happy New Year to all Vic' thread members

Good luck to all

Thanks Kelly Happy new year to you too. Great to see you back with us - I'm pleased to be back with internet access too!

See you in the http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70633-176-ss-non-csl-where-you-now.html thread - lets hope all in this thread join us and we all move along swiftly in there in 2010.

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

Sorry to hear that they rejected your sponsorship for SA. But the reason given by them is not acceptable. Do they not apply any logic while rejecting or accepting it. It is but obvious that you will be at the managerial level after 15 yrs of work exp.

Thanks and Regards

KK...

Guest ulaganayagan
Hello Ulaganayagan,

Sorry to hear that they rejected your sponsorship for SA. But the reason given by them is not acceptable. Do they not apply any logic while rejecting or accepting it. It is but obvious that you will be at the managerial level after 15 yrs of work exp.

Thanks and Regards

KK...

Dear KK,

I have appealed against their decision.

I was slightly apprehensive if Victoria too will apply the same logic.I hope not .

I was also thinking about Recent work experience and Specific Work experience in the main application.

Now I am clear from going through thier website and various similar posts that they ask only the following.

1)Skill Assessment Nominated as as Mechanical Engineer 2126-11 will fetch 60 points on MODL

2)Recent work experience - any occupation in SOL and not nominated occupation

3)Specific Work experience too in any SOL.

SOL even if they consider me as managerial is Engineering Manager,manufacturing manager.

Any comments:confused:

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

As per my knowledge now the changed rule states that you need to have work exp. in the last 12 months out of 24 months as per your nominated occupation.

Nominated occupation is the one which we will get assesed from Engineers Australia (in our case). So if we asses our occupation as a Mechanical engineer or Production engineer in my case then we will logically have the work exp. in the same field as EA have assesed us on the degree certificates and work exp. proofs.

I think as you are a Mechanical engineer and your work exp. is related to Mechanical engineering then that should be fine even if you are at the top level or initial level of the company. The rule states it should be related to your occupation and not that it should be related to your level of occupation.

I do not know what logic they apply.

In my case I am a Production engineer as per my degree and I am working in the deisgn field in the last 24 months. But my work involves the work of a Production engineer as well as Mechanical engineer. So I am also a bit confused now what Vic will do.

Lets hope for the best and see what happens.

Thanks and Regards

KK...

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear KK

The changed rule is only for certain occupations.Not for Professional Engineers.

For mechanical engineers it says,plans,installs,organises etc.

It is exactly what I do as a Manufactuirng Manager designation in India .

Hope they take in right sense.

SA decision was abrupt.Defnitely we have to appeal.

I think Victoria and DIAC will ask for clarifications if it is required .

In Victoria,one of my friend migrated as in the same category and got a job in 15 days.

So they clearly understand the role of Production,Mechanical,Engineering Manager & Manufacturing roles are more or less similar.Designations should not matter.

I have seen in the web that some had this same doubt and got it cleared from DIAC.

They said recent experience in any occupation in SOL is ok.(This determines your eligibility for immigration of what ever points you get)

Even as a worst case,If I loose points in Specific experience in nominated occupation,still I have 120 points

Guest khotkunal

Dear Ulaganayagan,

I know what you are telling me but we are not able to understand what these people do when they decide over our applications. As our occupation does not need any specific work exp. as per rule so they need not reject our applications.

Even though on top of this we have work exp. related to our applications.

Even the field I am working in I can see lot of vacancies related to my field in Melbourne and around it. So I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Did you get any updates on your application to Victoria?

KK...

Guest ulaganayagan

Hi KK

Not heard so far from Victoria.Can except only by end Feb-10 based on their timeline of 8 weeks.

I dont think they have a Panel which sits periodically .Everything is online and experts decide indivudually.The Austrlaian government control the pace at which things are decided to ensure supply vs demand.This is my opinion

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

I do not know whether the panel sits or they take the decisions inidvisually.

I had read it on other forums nad from there I understood that the panel sits periodically for specific occuations and then they take decisions about the same.

Actually may be that is because that the outcomes of some similar occupations came at the same time.

Anyways we will wait for them to roll the dice.

I have today requested my agent to enquire about my application. I will let you know once I hear about the same.

I guess we should receive a outcome till Jan end, because we I applied around dec 2 and you had appplied around Nov mid but you were requested the detailed CV around Dec first week which makes around 8 weeks.

Thanks and regards

KK...

Guest ulaganayagan

Hi Everyone

Nobody has pitched in for debate so far.Seems everybody are in New Year Celebrations.

Hope 2010 will bring in more good news to all.

Hi Everyone

Nobody has pitched in for debate so far.Seems everybody are in New Year Celebrations.

Victoria Do decide on individual cases, when I was accepted several others in the same MODL group where rejected, so just because your job is on the list it doesn't mean you will automatically get sponsorship. If you read this thread from the start you'll see what I mean.

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear Freebo,

We are bothered more about main application.

Victoria SS is a bonus to speed up the process.

Pl comment on:

I was also thinking about Recent work experience and Specific Work experience in the main application 175.

Now I am clear from going through thier website and various similar posts that they ask only the following.

1)Skill Assessment Nominated as as Mechanical Engineer 2126-11 will fetch 60 points on MODL

SOL even if they consider me as managerial is Engineering Manager,manufacturing manager.

Guest VickyMel
Hi Everyone

Dear Freebo,

Pl comment on:

I was also thinking about Recent work experience and Specific Work experience in the main application 175.

Maybe you are not getting a debate here as most people looking at this thread are interested in VIC SS and are from a range of occupations.

I think that VIC consider the work experience in a different manner to DIAC relating to the skills and experience they consider they are short on in that state, even within a occupation category that is on their list (hence the rejections we see), rather than fitting the DIAC description.

You may get the debate you are after on another thread or maybe start one so that people other than VIC SS can see what you are after a debate on?

VM

Dear Freebo,

Pl comment on:

Sorry I don't know the answer to your specific questions but as Vicky says they are not related to Vic SS so you're better off starting a new thread.

Guest ulaganayagan

Yes.I have gone through such threads and I am clear now.No need to start a fresh one. Its better to wait and see instead of speculating.

Hope positive Vic SS results start pouring in in the coming days.

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

I have told my agent to enquire but my agent was on leave from his office because he did not take leave during christmas because of TRA applicants.

He has came to office this week and told me that there are lot of emails and will let me know. I will give him a call today again and let you know immediately incase I get any update.

Thanks and Regards

KK...

Guest Siavash

please update my time lines since I finally got the SS today :-)

Name: siAvAsh

Online SS submitted: 28.Oct.2009

SS acknowledged: 29.Oct.2009

SS received: 15.Jan.2010

Time to approval: 10 weeks

State advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Delays/further docs requested:

Guest VickyMel

Congratulations Siavash I have changed you to SS approved Blue on the first page!

It will be good to see you on the 175 SS non-csl list!

Guest Siavash
Congratulations Siavash I have changed you to SS approved Blue on the first page!

It will be good to see you on the 175 SS non-csl list!

Thanks a lot,

Actually I got VIC SS for a CSL occupation different than the one I have nominated in my 175 application,... I am currently thinking of lodging a new 176 application with the occupation for which VIC has sponsored me, details are here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/76532-experts-please-helpppppppppp-176-parallel-175-a.html

...this will then be a 176 CSL application

Guest VickyMel
Thanks a lot,

Actually I got VIC SS for a CSL occupation different than the one I have nominated in my 175 application,... I am currently thinking of lodging a new 176 application with the occupation for which VIC has sponsored me, details are here: http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/76532-experts-please-helpppppppppp-176-parallel-175-a.html

...this will then be a 176 CSL application

Excellent Siavash - that is even better news if you will switch to the CSL list.

Don't forget to let Tasha on the 175 nonCSL list so that she can remove your details once it is all in order.

I hope it moves very swiftly for you and you get to Oz soon.

VM

Guest ulaganayagan
please update my time lines since I finally got the SS today :-)

Name: siAvAsh

Online SS submitted: 28.Oct.2009

SS acknowledged: 29.Oct.2009

SS received: 15.Jan.2010

Time to approval: 10 weeks

State advised DIAC:

CO:

Visa Granted:

Delays/further docs requested:

Congrats Siavash

Archived