• depends on securing a job
    • depends on selling the house
    • Between September-October 2009
    • Between November-December 2009
    • Between Jan-March 2010
    • Between April-June 2010
    • Between July-December 2010

Hi Taylor20

Gosh they really are giving you the run around.

Did you try that employment agent that was advertising on the vacancies page on PIO to get a comment from them. They seemed to be after social workers especially for Victoria - maybe they might give you a realistic opinion of your chances?

VM

Hi VickyMel

Yes I have contacted Amicus and we have exchanged a couple of emails but at present they have not come back to me with a concrete offer. I am tired of trying and waiting for things that probably will never materialise. Now I just want my visa money back so I can move on with my life and who knows maybe move somewhere where my skills and knowledge are better appreciated and where I am not discriminated against.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ulaganayagan,

VIC statement about skill assessment is general ,mentioned in my letter too.They just indicated that its not skill assessment because they are not assessing authority.

Zahid K.

PS! I think after new rules by DIAC , there will be lot of applications for state sponsorship in coming months.I hope they will speed up the process to handle all applications.Best of luck to all in waiting.

Guest khotkunal

Dear all,

First of all congrats Ulaganayagan for getting the sponsorship.

There is bad news on my side, my application is rejected.

So I am thinking for going for the 175 visa.

Thanks and regards

KK

Guest ulaganayagan
Dear all,

Thanks and regards

KK

Dear KK

That's really sad news.But I thought you had already lodged 175 application!.

If not,do you get 120 marks with the new rules.Now it has got complicated due to removal of 20 points for MODL and also experience in Nominated occupation (and not any occupation or closely related occupation).

I think you have to appeal fro Vic and ensure you get nomination.On what grounds was it rejected?

Now 175 applicants on csl are getting CO's within 1 or 2 or 3 months.

I think you made a mistake of not applying for 175 parellely.

Oh my god!

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

I had not applied for 175 parallely. But no issues with MODL as I am on CSL but not on MODL. I am getting 120 points. I will be applying by this month. Rest of docs are ready for me as I had already done the police clearance.

I am not thinking of appealing to Vic as I think there is no use in that as they will again take 3 months in that and by that time all the things might have changed.

Instead I will apply for 175 and hope for the best.

Thanks and regards

KK...

Guest VickyMel
:cool:Dear All

My Application for Skill Sponsorship has been approved by Victoria

2126-11 Mechanical Enigneer HR India

Date Loged 15-Nov-09.

Date further detailed CV requested:02-Dec-10

Date Approval email recieved :11-Feb-10

I Thank all of you for excellent support and knowledgeable debates.

I hope People like KK will get the results within this week as his case is also similar

(But there is a general word in the letter which states that the application is approved based on Cv and Skill assessment is to be done if already it is not done.

But I submitted my skill assessment?

Regards

Ulaganayagan

Congratulations Ulaganayagan!

I have turned you blue on the front page.

Good luck with the next stage - I notice you are CSL so hopefully things will move quickly for you now.

I think the comment about needing the skills assessment if not already done is just that and you do not need to worry. Victoria do not seem to look at that side of things and they leave the checking of the assessments to DIAC.

Good luck

VickyMel

Guest VickyMel
Dear all,

Thanks and regards

KK

Really sorry to hear your news Khotkunal could you possibly try another state as well?

Good luck

VickyMel

Guest khotkunal

Thanks Vickeymel,

I am not interested in going to any other state because my field related jobs are in and around Melbourne.

And as now the rules are going to change soon and the SS outcome takes 2-3 months so no point in going for it now.

I will stick to the 175 instead.

Anyways thanks for all the help.

Thanks and regards

KK...

Guest suni123

Congratulations Ulaganayagan!

I just wanted to update that my SS application. I applied for during Sept was rejected today.

Thanks to VickyMel and everyone here for being very supportive and sharing information in this thread and forum.

Regards.

Suni

Guest VickyMel

Hi Suni

Really sorry to hear that your application was rejected - I hope that you have other options and that everything goes well for you.

Good luck

VM

Guest VickyMel

Just in case of interest I thought I would mention a new thread started by Kelly it is for people to post anything they hear about any of the state migration plans. Anything you hear from Victoria re state migration plans is also welcome here.

State Migration Plan News

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/78823-state-migration-plan-what-states-saying.html#post682477

Guest VickyMel

Hi VIC SS folks

Just saw this on another forum and given that a few people have talked about either what happens if you are given a 175 Visa thought I would post the link here.

Looks like VIC do check up on you after approving sponsorship

British Expats - View Single Post - 175 granted but now SS are asking about me

Hi, I applied for 175 originally and changed to 176 as an attempt at queue jumping. My visa was granted last week but I noticed they'd granted the 175. Now Victoria have sent me an email asking if my visa had been granted and why I hadn't been in touch. I land in Sydney tomorrow and I'm not sure what to do.

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear Vickymel.

If we get state sponsorship but if we do not accept and trigger 1100,then it willl not affect like this right?

Just for reassurance

Regards

Ulaganayagan

Guest VickyMel

Sorry Ulaganayagan

I have no idea?

I do seem to recal someone in the past who had applied to 2 states found that one state had automatically sent the 1100 to DIAC and they were automatically down for one state when they actually preferred the other - I can't remember if there was an outcome reported.

VickyMel

Sorry Ulaganayagan

I have no idea?

I do seem to recal someone in the past who had applied to 2 states found that one state had automatically sent the 1100 to DIAC and they were automatically down for one state when they actually preferred the other - I can't remember if there was an outcome reported.

VickyMel

Ulaganayagan, when Vic granted my SS they sent th 1100 straight to DIAC, they assumed that as I'd applied I would accept, seems reasonable doesn't it?

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear Freebo

I applied only for 175.

Then for state sponsorship

Agreeing for state sponsorship is upto the indivuduals and circumstances.

They cannot force one to accept.

Also I have already got CO before Victoria approved the sponsorship and Medicals and PCC is only pending

Regards

Ulaganayagan

Dear Freebo

I applied only for 175.

Also I have already got CO before Victoria approved the sponsorship and Medicals and PCC is only pending

Regards

Ulaganayagan

So do you want to live in Victoria or not?

Just in case of interest I thought I would mention a new thread started by Kelly it is for people to post anything they hear about any of the state migration plans. Anything you hear from Victoria re state migration plans is also welcome here.

State Migration Plan News

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/78823-state-migration-plan-what-states-saying.html#post682477

Thankyou Vicky, for flagging up my new thread....:wink:

It has already attracted quite alot of attention & we even have a migration agent posting news on it.....:notworthy:

Guest VickyMel
Dear Freebo

I applied only for 175.

Regards

Ulaganayagan

Hi Ulaganayagan

(Thanks Freebo that was very useful info - I have seen others where this has happened as well. There was one guy who had applied to 2 states and one state sent it in automatically and he really wanted to go to the other state)

Ulaganayagan - If you look through the details on this thread you will see that Freebo also applied for a 175 first. But that as he said in his post above Victoria automatically sent the 1100 to DIAC and attached it to his 175 application.

So the knowledge that VIC do do this should be very useful to you if you want to avoid it potentially happening to you.

I doubt that Victoria would say they are forcing you to accept - because YOU applied to them and asked them to give you the SS. By automatically sending the 1100 to DIAC they probably think they are helping you...

I suggest that if you are not wanting to go to VIC but rather have been using it as a way to speed up your visa processing that the information provided above may be useful to you in deciding on what you want to do re your VIC SS?

Goodluck

VM

Guest mkokab1

Dear Folks,

Congrats to those who got their SS approved!

I got mine reject on 11th Feb.

I applied for 176 Visa before securing SS. No worries. I inquired from DIAC, and requested them to change my application to 175 visa. They informed me that the application will automatically be assessed for 175. Currently, I don't have any plans to apply to other states because my FBI clearance certificate is taking forever. So no need for me to rush, and bound myself to a particular state. I have decided to stay in 175-independent class.

Thanks.

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear All

Should we leave it for the things to happen as fate decides or should we inform Victoria that their SS is not required!

Pl suggest?

Guest VickyMel
Dear Folks,

Congrats to those who got their SS approved!

I got mine reject on 11th Feb.

I applied for 176 Visa before securing SS. No worries. I inquired from DIAC, and requested them to change my application to 175 visa. They informed me that the application will automatically be assessed for 175. Currently, I don't have any plans to apply to other states because my FBI clearance certificate is taking forever. So no need for me to rush, and bound myself to a particular state. I have decided to stay in 175-independent class.

Thanks.

Thanks for letting us know - Victoria do reject quite a few people. I'm glad to see you are CSL so that it should not matter too much. Goodluck VickyMel

Guest VickyMel
Dear All

Should we leave it for the things to happen as fate decides or should we inform Victoria that their SS is not required!

Pl suggest?

Sorry but that is a hard one and I think only a decision you can take. Based on where your Visa is currently positioned and your committment to living and working in Victoria. VM

Dear All

Pl suggest?

Its easy, if you want to live in Victoria keep your application in, if you don't you should withdraw and why did you apply in the first place???

Guest ulaganayagan
Its easy, if you want to live in Victoria keep your application in, if you don't you should withdraw and why did you apply in the first place???

Dear Freebo/Vickymel

I have only melbourne in mind.

My contention is that my 175 visa application by itself got a CO who asked for medicals and pcc(pending) which I have sent.

Victoria SS came a day after that!

I applied for victoria to speed up ,in case of any delay.

Is 1100 is automatically triggered just with our name???:arghh:

Archived