• depends on securing a job
    • depends on selling the house
    • Between September-October 2009
    • Between November-December 2009
    • Between Jan-March 2010
    • Between April-June 2010
    • Between July-December 2010

Guest VickyMel

Scott was on here earlier.... Errrr before we hijacked the thread for dreaming :cool:

If he accepts your invite maybe (cunning plan) you could mention to Scott that we have already nominated him to organise the catering (and he must keep our OHs busy with that while we relax)... :biglaugh: do you think he might fall for it..?

Mind you I don't think anyone needs an invite - wasn't this started because after Sunnyday invited herself we all then just started inviting ourselves :biggrin:

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point VickyMel. We can nominate Scott as "Chief Organiser", maybe it could even speed up his visa if he chaged his nominated occupation to this. After all, important events, such as ours, need one - so they must be highly sought after in Oz... after all....we're definately going to need one! Scott - the job's yours - you've been headhunted - well done you.

I'm going to chage our nominated ocupation from my OH to me - "Chief Wine Taster"..... you can't tell me they don't need that job in Australia. Although I am slightly biased to the Sav Blanc variety, but don't tell the DIAC - they may give the job to someone else!

Anyone else up for changing their nominated occupation?? We could be onto something here guys!

Sorry Scott for hijacking your post - but you're hired!

Michelle

Guest VickyMel

Congratulations on your new occupation Scott !

I'm going to change my occupation to "Sand sifter"

OK so I am thinking of sifting it through my toes on the beach as I relax in a chair with a glas sof wine.

But DIAC is not to know it is not an important need in th emining industry!

Anyone else up for a change of occupation!

So - we've got a "CHIEF Sand Sifter", a "Chief Organiser" and a "Chief Wine Taster" - anymore?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out, as I've got to sign off for the day....................................................................................................................I'm already getting withdrawl symptoms!

It was nice to have spent the last few hours day dreaming with you all. Where are we going tomorrow?

Guest VickyMel
So - we've got a "CHIEF Sand Sifter", a "Chief Organiser" and a "Chief Wine Taster" - anymore?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out, as I've got to sign off for the day....................................................................................................................I'm already getting withdrawl symptoms!

It was nice to have spent the last few hours day dreaming with you all. Where are we going tomorrow?

Thanks for the fun

I imagine it will be the same place PIO :laugh: but I am sure we can think of somewhere new - or a new occupation.

Maybe someone will come on with something exciting - or maybe the thread will be moved to chewing the fat for going so far off thread!

Also checking out as my posting rate on my stats page has just gone up from 2.55 to 2.56 / day and I am trying to use that as a trigger to wean myself off a bit!

Guest KerryCraig

Hi Vickymel,

Just found out today that we got our ss on the 5th November! but agents hadnt told us as we have now applied for ENS but thought would let you know for the front page for timescales!! ( but it is still a back up if or else fails!!!!)

Thanks

Kerry and Craig

Guest sunnyday
Thanks for the fun

I imagine it will be the same place PIO but I am sure we can think of somewhere new - or a new occupation.

Maybe someone will come on with something exciting - or maybe the thread will be moved to chewing the fat for going so far off thread!

Also checking out as my posting rate on my stats page has just gone up from 2.55 to 2.56 / day and I am trying to use that as a trigger to wean myself off a bit!

:biglaugh:We have gone a bit off topic, I don't think about that just say whats in my head, easily led by people like that Michelle:shocked: It's been fun chaps:wubclub:

Guest sunnyday
Hi Vickymel,

Just found out today that we got our ss on the 5th November! but agents hadnt told us as we have now applied for ENS but thought would let you know for the front page for timescales!! ( but it is still a back up if or else fails!!!!)

Thanks

Kerry and Craig

No way!!! Congratulations whether you use it ir not:jiggy:

Hi vickymel.

Just read some of the previous posts, I know trying to stay positive is easy to tell someone, but not always so easy for that person to do.....but I really think you should remain positive the new SOL is only a draft with many more skills to be added, and this will happen. Then the SMP will contain more specific jobs like yours, I am sure of this.

As things stand for myself I am currently going on to every job site and getting my CV off to any company that provides an email address, I have even phoned up. The reason for this is to go down the employer sponsor route...... could you not try this.

Sound's like you have all been having a good day. lol:biglaugh:

Guest VickyMel
Hi Vickymel,

Thanks

Kerry and Craig

Brilliant news - I have updated you - thanks for letting us know.

Have you already got a 175 or 176 application in the pipeline - it might be worth adding it on to the application. If you got the SS in Nov I think you have 6 months to attach it to an application - one it is attached it remains valid with the application...

VickyMel

Guest VickyMel
Hi vickymel.

Just read some of the previous posts, I know trying to stay positive is easy to tell someone, but not always so easy for that person to do.....but I really think you should remain positive the new SOL is only a draft with many more skills to be added, and this will happen. Then the SMP will contain more specific jobs like yours, I am sure of this.

As things stand for myself I am currently going on to every job site and getting my CV off to any company that provides an email address, I have even phoned up. The reason for this is to go down the employer sponsor route...... could you not try this.

Thanks

Yes we are looking at the ENS route as well.

I trawl the web pages each week. And have a load of potential sites bookmarked for potential new vacancies. I have been lucky to get 3 interviews 2 by phone the last on Skype - but no joy so far - but keep slogging away at it as it only takes one opportunity!

Good luck with finding an ENS yourself - we will get there one way or another.

VickyMel

We got an email today from Victoria - for a split second got a teeny bit excited seeing a mail from Oz, but then noticed it was from Vic and not DIAC. It was only Vic checking up on progress (or lack of it). See below:

"We have not heard from you and are not sure whether the visa has been granted. Please make contact with us as soon as possible so that we can update our records.

As per the agreement upon applying for state sponsorship you need to inform us of the outcome of the visa application and arrival in Australia. We will then be able to send four monitoring surveys over the course of the two year commitment of living in Victoria.

We look forward to hearing from you."

Guest VickyMel
We got an email today from Victoria - for a split second got a teeny bit excited seeing a mail from Oz, but then noticed it was from Vic and not DIAC. It was only Vic checking up on progress (or lack of it). See below:

"We have not heard from you and are not sure whether the visa has been granted. Please make contact with us as soon as possible so that we can update our records.

As per the agreement upon applying for state sponsorship you need to inform us of the outcome of the visa application and arrival in Australia. We will then be able to send four monitoring surveys over the course of the two year commitment of living in Victoria.

We look forward to hearing from you."

Oh your hearts must have dropped when you saw it was from VIC.

Only joking here - but maybe you could mention that as soon as they get their SMPs sorted loads of us will hopefully be coming :yes: to complete their surveys!

VickyMel

Hi all,

VickyMel told me to post my "little problem" in this section...

I received today a message from Workforce Victoria,

Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development.

I applied for the 475 State Sponsorship an the end of January.. anyway

I quote something from this email...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your email.

As previously advised, you appear to have an occupation that is currently included in our Skilled – Sponsored Eligibility list which means you may be eligible for state sponsorship under the Skilled – Sponsored visa category and your Skilled – Regional Sponsored application has been closed and advise you will be required to complete a new online application form under the Skilled – Sponsored visa scheme.

The Skilled – Sponsored visa is a permanent visa which would enable you to live and work anywhere in Victoria, whereas Skilled – Regional visa holders are restricted to living and working in regional Victoria only. Refer to our website for information regarding these different visas: Skilled Migrants - Live in Victoria.

You can check your eligibility for Skilled – Sponsored state sponsorship through the following link: Skilled Migrants - Live in Victoria.

If you are eligible to apply for sponsorship under the Skilled – Sponsored visa scheme, you can apply online: http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au...sa-sponsorship.

You will need to include:

Your detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) or employment history – only send an English version.

A copy of any qualifications or trade certificates, or your skill assessment. Note that a skill assessment is not required at initial time of application if you do not already have one.

If you would like to proceed with your Skilled – Regional Sponsored application please provide a reason why or contact us if you require further information about the Victorian Government’s Skilled and Business Migration Program.

Please quote Reference Number : SR-2010-00036 in all of your communication to us.

Kind regards,

Skilled and Business Migration Program

Workforce Victoria

Department of Innovation, Industry and Regional Development

GPO Box 4509, Melbourne, 3000

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can not understand what was going wrong with my application for the sponsorship.

It makes no sense for me.

Anyone have have an idea ? or received the same email ?

Applicant Name Date Completed Application Status Case ID

xxxxx, xxxxxxx 26 Jan 2010 SR-2010-0xxxx

Thats what I can see in my account at the liveinvictoria website...

The application status field is free, maybe its not rejected.:goofy::goofy:

Regards Jazz

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear KK

Sorry I somehow lost track.Lot of posts for the past 2 days it seems.

Online applicants should take medicals only in form 26EH & 160 EH (online form which contains our name,passport in printed form) see immigration website which states that there may be significant delays if this is not followed.

Still If you want to take a risk,take medicals using form 26H,160H downloaded from the immigration website.

Postal address:

Health Operations Centre (HOC) contact details

Please use the enquiry form above or fax wherever possible.

Facsimile: +61 2 8666 5901

Telephone: +61 2 8666 5777

Postal address:

GPO Box 9984

Sydney NSW 2001

AUSTRALIA

Courier address:

Level 3

26 Lee St

Sydney NSW 2000

AUSTRALIA

But the hospital knows better than us and why does your hospital ask this if they are recognised HOC center in India.

Pl tell me which state you reside and I will also check if your HOC centre is listed

Hope this helps

Guest VickyMel

Applicant Name Date Completed Application Status Case ID

xxxxx, xxxxxxx 26 Jan 2010 SR-2010-0xxxx

Thats what I can see in my account at the liveinvictoria website...

The application status field is free, maybe its not rejected.

Regards Jazz

Hi again Jazz

Hope that other VIC SSers may be able to assist you.

On this last point I can help! I can tell you that the status field rearly gets updated at anytime either before or after it is refused or accepted.

Hopefully n111kkx is around PIO at the moment as I know she had something similar happen - you will see her details on the front page and in some of the posts on this thread. If she does not come on here I would suggest you try sending her a PM as she is the only person I know who had something similar.

Sorry I somehow lost track.Lot of posts for the past 2 days it seems.

Sorry about that Ulaganayagan :wink: - we got a bit carried away and had a mad off thread afternoon daydreaming about beaches in Victoria - our excuse would be the stresses of waiting. We are back on track now :yes:

Guest sunnyday

Hopefully n111kkx is around PIO at the moment as I know she had something similar happen

I think she's in Oz on her jollies :unsure:

Guest ulaganayagan
Hi again Jazz

Hope that other VIC SSers may be able to assist you.

On this last point I can help! I can tell you that the status field rearly gets updated at anytime either before or after it is refused or accepted.

Hopefully n111kkx is around PIO at the moment as I know she had something similar happen - you will see her details on the front page and in some of the posts on this thread. If she does not come on here I would suggest you try sending her a PM as she is the only person I know who had something similar.

Sorry about that Ulaganayagan :wink: - we got a bit carried away and had a mad off thread afternoon daydreaming about beaches in Victoria - our excuse would be the stresses of waiting. We are back on track now :yes:

Hi Vicky

My waiting is over and now I am bit tensed on travelling to a new country,starting a new life,finding a new job , school for child etc.

Fortunately my cousin is living in melbourne and he assrues there is nothing to worry about.

But still...

Would you guide me to a post about cost of living?

Hi Vicky

My waiting is over and now I am bit tensed on travelling to a new country,starting a new life,finding a new job , school for child etc.

Fortunately my cousin is living in melbourne and he assrues there is nothing to worry about.

But still...

VickyMel can't tell you about the cost of living as she doesn't know your circumstances, why don't you ask your cousin?

Also, try a search for "cost of living" there are many, many posts about it.

Guest VickyMel
Hi Vicky

But still...

Hi Ulaganayagan

Freebo's right I can't help you there. I have only been to Oz as a tourist.

I'm sure that it is a very tense time for you but lucky for you you already have relatives there and I am sure your cousin can help you out with you questions.

Maybe also pop into the Victoria forum - there are lots of post on there about living in Victoria and costs.

Good luck - I'm very jealous you are almost there

VickyMel

Guest khotkunal

Thanks Ulaganayagan,

I have taken the forms my account on the immi website.

I am in Pune, Maharashtra. Thanks for the address.

I again discussed it with the Hospital staff and they have figured it out where to send.

Thanks anyways..

Best of luck for your journey..

Regards

KK...

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear Vicky/Freebo

Thanks.I will serach for the forums.

My cousin is of immense help but I am little bit embarassed to ask all the questions.They want me to stay with them for some days till school and work place is confirmed.I feel we should not disturb them.So may be first 15 days we can stay with them and immediately look out for a place.lets see.Hope to see you all there

Guest shahzads

Name: Shahzad

Online SS submitted: 3 March 2010

SS acknowledged: 9 March 2010

SS received: NOT YET

Archived