• depends on selling the house
    • Between September-October 2009
    • Between November-December 2009
    • Between Jan-March 2010
    • Between April-June 2010
    • Between July-December 2010

Guest VickyMel

Great stuff.

Hopefully it will give them time to get everyone through and up to date prior to the SMP lists.

It is interesting I wonder whether the states have been keen to close the applications given DIACs temporary closure in order to clear everything and prepare for the SMPs.

Oh well we will find out when we find out.

Fongers crossed VIS SSers!

VickyMel

Edit: Just seen this which may be of interest

Alan Collett (of Go Matilda) has posted on another thread a link to the Go Matilda site where they present their thoughts about what may happen with the SMPs

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News

Go Matilda's current understanding of the context of the Migration Plans, and how they will be applied.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We emailed VIc last night and they replied to confirm that our application is in 'the final stages of processing'. I'm hoping this is good news :biggrin:

However - we havent been asked to provide a statement as to why we want to live there, as some people seem to have been. Does everyone get asked for this? Could it be bad news that we haven't? :skeptical:

Or as we said that we know people there and have been there before, in the application, perhaps that is enough...?

Oh the waiting is tough....

Guest VickyMel

Hiya

Yes VIC often ask for such a statement - I think they have had people opt for VIC and then go elsewhere and maybe they are wanting to make sure that you really are keen on VIC. Also they sometimes statement for you to sign confirming you are aware you are making a 2 year committment to Victoria.

We had to do one - we sent a statement saying why Victoria was the place for us - which showed that we knew what was available in Victoria (Social & Employment) and that we had looked into things like housing.

Good luck with it - sounds good to me.

VickyMel

Guest hmva79

Yes yes yes yes! SS Victoria approved. First time it got refused en tried again half a year later, added some details in my cv, and now I've got it!!!!

Not that it makes such a huge difference in the timeframe at the moment :-(

But..... already applied for a 175 in december so now need to change. How to do this??

I send an email to DIAC and got this answer:

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

It will automatically be assessed as a 176 as they are both in the same VE class of visa.

Your date of application will remain the same.

Yours sincerely,

This is not an answer that gives me the feeling my visa will change into a priority 5. It feels like by the time they will have a look at my 175 visa,

they will discover it's a 176.

Any thoughts on this?

anyone who had to change visa's too?

Guest VickyMel

Hi Hmva

Congratulations that is great news that VIC have reconsidered your application and said yes!!

The email is a bit odd sounding and not very clear? But I think?? it means that they have attached the SS and are considering you as a 176 and therefore you are Cat 5. The visa type is the same - and some people who have converted from 175 to a 176 in the end are actually given a 175 (but in the Cat 5 time frame)

I would suggest that this thread gets limited looks and as it is a DIAC matter it might be worth posting the query in a new thread where you will get more people looking at it and giving an opinion.

But potentially if you only applied in Dec 09 there is no way that your application is likely to be looked at for quite a while (nobody in the 176 who applied after Sept09 has been looked at) - therefore maybe wait until the next set of changes and then contact DIAC again to make sure you are in the correct category after the changes happen.

Good luck

VivkyMel

Guest hmva79

THNX for your reply!

Waiting for the changes and contacting DIAC after that sound like a good plan! Hopefully changes will be for the best....

Has anyone (apart from Hmva!) heard from Vic lately???

I know ours hasn't been in long, but I'm getting very impatient :-)

No one seems to have posted that they have been accepted/rejected for a while...I'm sure they're very busy sorting everything else out!

Guest VickyMel

I haven't seen much happening from VIC recently - even in the BritishExpats forum where there are quite a few VIC SS applicants listed

VICTORIA STATE SPONSORED APPLICATIONS - Page 74 : British Expat Discussion Forum

I think VIC do it in a way that suits them, I can remember we seemed to have big gaps when nothing happened and then a rush.

I imagine with the new SMP as well they are probably busy with that as well.

Maybe they are just going to stick you straight into the SMP? My goodness wouldn't that be good!

Hope you hear something soon

VickyMel

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ulaganayagan

Hi KK/Vicky

Landed safely in melbourne along with my family.Nice weather and people.Should start opening bank account,insurance and mobile/internet connection.

KK-The cost of cellphones are cheap here.(E71 handset free for a tariff plan of $29/month-3G! )

Pl keep in touch

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

Hope you are fine after the long Journey.

Best of luck for your job search. Keep in touch. Contact www.baysidepersonel.com.au this is a good consulting agent for Mechanical Jobs.

Case officer has been assigned to my application so hoping for the best soon.

I will keep you updated from my side.

Thanks

KK...

Guest ulaganayagan

Hi KK/vicky

Seems we should have proof of employment to take that post paid connection.So newly landed people will get only pre paid connection.House rentals-easy to locate but new immigrants should show bank accounts and also i paid 6 month rent in advance.Enrolling in school is the easiest.

Your website seems to be interesting and I have posted for some jobs.

It seems having 175 visa will help us with more mobility than 176.But depends.

Why there is not so much actions in this thread??

Keep in touch

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

Nice to hear from you that you have got a house and now seem to be settling in.

I do not know what is the current sisuation out there for Mechanical jobs but yes the website is good and quite a few good jobs out there...

Nothing much happening in the state spons. applicants because of the changes and new SMP coming out may be around July first week, there is almost a lul in DIAC processes.

As of now DIAC is processing the CSL applicants and they seem to be getting their visas in say roughly 3-4 months. Currently Jan/Feb and just March applicants have started getting grants. So lets see and wait for the best. Also there might be a delay for us till July because their qouta might get finished for this year.

Anyways best of luck and keep us updated.

Thanks and regards

KK...

Guest VickyMel

Hi Ulaganayagan

Pleased to see you are settling in. I hope that you get some good response with the job applications. Thanks for the tips on how things are likely to operate re houses and connecting to various things for when we eventually get there.

Thanks for the job website link KK.

There was one VIC SS last week but other than that I have not seen anything for ages. As KK says - it is very quiet with the SS from VIC (and all states) seems that we are all waiting for the 1st July and if we will be lucky with the SMPs.

Vicky

Guest ulaganayagan

Hi Vicky/KK

Hope Vic SS and DIAC works fast.There seems to be more job advertisements but responses-we have to see in the coming weeks.But salary levels in all professions seem to be enough for a comfortable life.

Hi Ulaganayagan

Pleased to see you are settling in. I hope that you get some good response with the job applications. Thanks for the tips on how things are likely to operate re houses and connecting to various things for when we eventually get there.

Thanks for the job website link KK.

There was one VIC SS last week but other than that I have not seen anything for ages. As KK says - it is very quiet with the SS from VIC (and all states) seems that we are all waiting for the 1st July and if we will be lucky with the SMPs.

Vicky

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

Best of luck with the job applications.

Are there good number of companies related to automotive in Victoria?

Thanks and regards

KK...

Guest ulaganayagan

hi kk

my friends said very few.will check few more days and revert back..this week,i plan to meet some conultants in person and collect some more details.here people are very friendly and never bothered about nationality , age etc

Guest VickyMel
hi kk

my friends said very few.will check few more days and revert back..this week,i plan to meet some conultants in person and collect some more details.here people are very friendly and never bothered about nationality , age etc

That really is wonderful to hear I am pleased that you are being so warmly welcomed in Australia :cute:

Vicky

Guest khotkunal

Thanks Ulaganayagan,

Please share your expiriences when you go on with job applications and job hunts.

Thanks

KK...

Guest sun chasers

Hi VickyMel

you may want to take us off the vic ss list, we applied 14 feb 10, but as they were taking so long and with the new changes looming, hubby did his eilts test and we lodged our application as 175 on the 25th april. also with the suspension of the vic ss we are pleased we went this way. on the 2nd june we were assigned a co and medicals and pc have been requested. :swoon:

Guest VickyMel
Hi VickyMel

you may want to take us off the vic ss list, we applied 14 feb 10, but as they were taking so long and with the new changes looming, hubby did his eilts test and we lodged our application as 175 on the 25th april. also with the suspension of the vic ss we are pleased we went this way. on the 2nd june we were assigned a co and medicals and pc have been requested. :swoon:

Congrats on the CO Sun chasers

Brilliant news and congrats to your OH on the IELTS - the 175 will leave so many more options open to you and has speeded things up Visa wise no end.

Good luck with the rest of the preocess and moving to Oz.

VickyMel

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear KK

I have started shooting applications.They acknowledged promptly through auto reply or sometimes personal mail.

But the same reply of

Thank you for your application for job number 1029338.

The response to the advertisement was overwhelming, both in quantity and quality. This made the final shortlist interview selection particularly difficult.

Unfortunately in this instance, due to very specific requirements, you were unsuccessful. However, we will retain your details on file and if another suitable vacancy arises we will contact you to discuss the position. Please do not hesitate to call should we advertise any other position of interest, or if we can assist you in any other way.

I am prepared to search for 6 months. "No Worries" as Australians sayoften.But things become jittery after that.

Also there are lot of help being extended by vic govt on job searches and training.but we have to get it right.

One thing for sure-any job will fetch $ 15 to $20dollars.If both of us are working,we are nearly through

Whatever job you land into,you will survive and also be happy.

Let us keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

No worries mate...More jobs will be there and it might take time..

Keep on applying for jobs and the one will surely come your way...

Even some of my friends have applied for jobs and they say that it takes time for them to reply. It is not like India where we get the call next week and within few weeks we join the job..I guess their procedure is a bit time consuming..So no need to worry and keep applying for jobs.And as you said that you are prepared for it then that is good.

Best of luck again..

Keep us posted..

KK..

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone received ss from Victoria this month.

Is it a case that they have stopped processing applications that are in the system?

After 1st July, will they recommence proccessing applications that are in the system with occupations that are on the SMP?

Archived