• depends on selling the house
    • Between September-October 2009
    • Between November-December 2009
    • Between Jan-March 2010
    • Between April-June 2010
    • Between July-December 2010

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

I had called my agent today and told him to enquire about my application.

He said taht he has sent them a mail and he will forward me the same as soon as he receives anything from them.

By any chance if you could also enquire about your application if possible then taht would be great. As Siavash today received his acceptance and he is also an engineer. I think we should also come to know about our soon.

Thanks and regards

KK...

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ulaganayagan

Dear KK

I enquried on 02-Jan-10.(6th week from my application date).

Now it is 8th week.can we not wait till End Jan-10 lest they get irritated?

But there are not too many grants which we could see during dec/jan when I browsed all over.

The process seems simple but they release results only on specific timeframe to control the flow of applications.

Regards

Ulaganayagan

The process seems simple but they release results only on specific timeframe to control the flow of applications.

They grant or deny sponsorship at specific times because the industry panels sit at specific times. When I was waiting all of the IT applicants got their results at the same time, same with scientists, thats why its not exactly 8 weeks or 10 weeks or whatever. Mine was over 14 weeks to get approved, longer than my visa took.

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear Freebo

You may be right.

But logically if you think,if industrial panel of different profession sit and decide on applications in bunches and that too not frequently,then the outcomes will be a bout of excess supply and shortage in particular profession.

Dear Freebo

You may be right.

But logically if you think,if industrial panel of different profession sit and decide on applications in bunches and that too not frequently,then the outcomes will be a bout of excess supply and shortage in particular profession.

Sorry but its not like that. Victoria themselves say that the result is decided by the panels. Even if the panel only meets 4 times a year it has no effect on supply, once the people who get sponsored then have to apply for a visa and most peoples visa applications take a lot longer than 3 months, also there are not very many successful sponsorships from each state for each profession. When I got mine I knew of about 8 IT applicants and only 2 got accepted.

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan and Freebo,

Thanks for your comments. I think we need to wait may be this week to get our questions answered as Siavash has received outcome for his application last week and may be our might be just around the corner.

As we all can guess from the last history of Vic SS applications that they have declared the outcomes after a specific period (may be when the panel has time and they sit to discuss the appplications). We cannot say our application might take 8 or 10 weeks. It might be longer or shorter. One of the applicant Philip he got his approval in 2 weeks and some of them have got it in 4-5 weeks. You can see it on the first page in this same post. We cannot predict when the panel is going to meet to decide over applications until some of the applicants start getting outcomes.

As Siavash got his approval and Drogh has applied around the same time as him then they both should receive the poutcomes around the same time. The other thing is that as Siavash is an Engineer we can say that may be they have started looking at engineer applications and then we might be into last phase if the panel is different for different occupations.

I have one question that for all occupation applicants whether the panel is same?

Thanks and regards

KK...

Guest VickyMel
Hello Ulaganayagan and Freebo,

Thanks for your comments. I think we need to wait may be this week to get our questions answered as Siavash has received outcome for his application last week and may be our might be just around the corner.

As we all can guess from the last history of Vic SS applications that they have declared the outcomes after a specific period (may be when the panel has time and they sit to discuss the appplications). We cannot say our application might take 8 or 10 weeks. It might be longer or shorter. One of the applicant Philip he got his approval in 2 weeks and some of them have got it in 4-5 weeks. You can see it on the first page in this same post. We cannot predict when the panel is going to meet to decide over applications until some of the applicants start getting outcomes.

I have one question that for all occupation applicants whether the panel is same?

Thanks and regards

KK...

One person was approved in 2 days - another in 16 days - others not for 16+ weeks.

It is unlikely to be a single industrial panel - I assume that they have a panel of people for different areas of occupation. I put a post on here a while back when we were looking at this and the fact that the people in the same occupation type heard at the same time.

So the fact that an engineer has heard suggest other engineers might hear but it does not mean a painter and decorator would hear unless by coincidence the industrial panel for that group is also sitting at the same time.

Dear KK

I enquried on 02-Jan-10.(6th week from my application date).

Now it is 8th week.can we not wait till End Jan-10 lest they get irritated?

I really would advise not to enquire again so soon - they have said wait - I don't think enquiring will have you hear any quicker and I can remember one person who enquired several times was told quite strongly not to contact them again at all. So they do log the number of times you ask and you have already asked once before the time.

All the people previously who enquired just get a standard letter saying it is with the industrial panel which tells you nothing as it still might be another 10 weeks until you hear anything.

I would suggest you wait to enquire a while longer. We waited 16 weeks - and heard at the same time as everyone else in our occupation type whether they had been waiting 4 weeks or 16 weeks. I know it is frustrating to wait but I don't think it is likely to speed things up for you in any way at all?

VickyMel

Tanks KK and Vickmel for the interesting thougts. My view on the way Victoia assesses applications differs from VickyMels's, and this is based on my experience with Victoria state.

1. I applied for the SS a couple of days before Siavash who got his SS on Friday whilst I m still waiting.

2. when I called Vic in the beginnning on Dec 2009, I was told that my application had been checked and everthing was Ok (no further docs required) and that it was now in the hand of the assesors (I assume the panel), and that was more than 6 weeks ago.

3. No one on the first page of this thread has ever applied for SS in my profession (which is in good demand in Vic and is on the CSL list).

My deduction is that if their were different panel for different occupations, then it would not take my panel more than 6-7 weeks for them to decide on an application which is in good demand, and for which they arent many applicants.

I think it is just one panel with set assessing dates for different professions, Engineering being one of the professions with top priority.

If not, one extreme way I could think of this is that if indeed there are different panels for different occupations, then Vic may hold on already processed applications and decide to release the results at a specific dates, which thing I doubt.

That was my take on this interesting debate.

DGroh.

Guest khotkunal

Hello Mkokab1,

How come you have applied for visa 176 even though you have not received your approved state sponsorship?

Is it allowed to apply for visa even though you have not got SS approval?

Thanks...

KK...

Guest mkokab1
Hello Mkokab1,

How come you have applied for visa 176 even though you have not received your approved state sponsorship?

Is it allowed to apply for visa even though you have not got SS approval?

Thanks...

KK...

Dear KK,

I didn't find anywhere on immigration website requiring SS approval first before applying for 176. I earlier posed this question to PIO members and received mixed responses. See

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/75076-can-i-submit-application-176-diac-while-ss-application-progress.html

I decided to go for 176, and take the risk. Even if I don't get SS, I still have enough points to convert to 175. Thanks

Guest khotkunal

Hello mkokab1,

I agree with you that there is no rule written that you cannot apply before getting sponsorship.

But you can convert your 175 to 176 but not viceversa.

So if you apply 175 now and then you can convert after getting sponsorship.

But now you cannot apply to 175 from 176. You will have to pay again DIAC fees of 2525$..

Thanks..Hope this clears the doubt...

KK...

Guest mkokab1
Hello mkokab1,

I agree with you that there is no rule written that you cannot apply before getting sponsorship.

But you can convert your 175 to 176 but not viceversa.

So if you apply 175 now and then you can convert after getting sponsorship.

But now you cannot apply to 175 from 176. You will have to pay again DIAC fees of 2525$..

Thanks..Hope this clears the doubt...

KK...

Dear KK,

Are you sure i can't convert from 176 to 175? What is your source of info? Please guide. If this is correct, then I am pretty much at the mercy of state right now...

Guest khotkunal

Hello Mkokab1,

I had asked my agent while applying for state sponsorship and he said you cannot go from 176 to 175. I am pretty sure about it.

But still I request the expert people to comment on this and clear if I am wrong.

What you should have done is that you should have applied for your 175 visa and state sponsorship at the same time. Then when your SS is approved then you could have converted it to 176.

Thanks...

Best of luck..

kk...

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear All

I sent a mail to Victoria SS Team yesterday(To answer to KK who was curious).They have replied today stating that since they had requested further information and also I have sent it ,it is being processed further.They also mentioned that this only delayed the process.Thye will inform the outcome once a decision is made.

But this time ,the timeline 8 to 10 weeks were missing.

But the mail seemed to be very standard like an automated mail.(They have readymade replies for standard questions it seems).

Let us leave it to them to decide.(What else can we do?)

Regards

Ulaganayagan

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

Sorry to be a persisiting problem for the staus. I have asked my agent also for my status and the agent is on leave so I have not received any update from him. Once I will recieve it I will let it know from my side.

Anyways we will wait now till the outcome is received.

Thanks and regards

KK....

Guest ulaganayagan
Hello Ulaganayagan,

Sorry to be a persisiting problem for the staus. I have asked my agent also for my status and the agent is on leave so I have not received any update from him. Once I will recieve it I will let it know from my side.

Anyways we will wait now till the outcome is received.

Thanks and regards

KK....

Dear KK

Do not mind.Actually I was more curious!:arghh:

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

I received a reply from my agent today and he said that the Vic SS people told him the application is in process...They did not mention any timeline of any sort...

I now think there is no other option but to wait for the reply from their side.

Anyways hope for the best and wait...

Thanks and Regards

KK..:daydreaming:

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear KK

Ont thing is sure,Engineers have started getting results.In our forum,that Plant Engineer got the SS.In another forum,one Electrical Engineer got rejected.

He had appied for 175 during End Nov-09 and subsequently applied for Victoria SS.

Positive or negative result , we may expect the results by this end jan-10 or Ist week fo Feb-10 max.

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

You are right Engineers have started getting results. I do think it may be around Jan end at the max. for us to receive outcomes. Because from the past history we can guess is that it is normal 4-5 days period in which similar profession people have got results.

Hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks and regards

KK..

Guest ulaganayagan

Dear KK

I received another mail from South Australia SS Team.They have indicated that

"APPLICATION REVISITED.APPLICANT HAS NOT ADDRESSED THE REASON FOR REFUSAL.THE DETAILS ARE STILL NOT CLEAR THAT HE HAS WORKED IN THE NOMINATED OCCUPATION IN ONE OUT OF THE LAST 4 YEARS.IF SPONSORSHIP IS REQUIRED,APPLICANT HAS TO LODGE A NEW APPLICATION ADDRESSING THE REASON FOR REFUSAL".

so there is definitely a redressal process.But if they are still not convienced,better leave it as such.But will the main application be affected?

That is my concern!

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

I guess if you can again appeal for the rejection then go forward and appeal for it. Also explain them that the occupation nominated by you and the work exp. you have is the same. You never know how much time it might take for the Vic SS. Atleast if worst case Vic reject our applications then we would save time to apply again to South Aus.

Also have you lodged 175 in the meantime? I have sent you a private message asking your contact details and mine have been mentioned in the same...

Thanks and regards

KK..

Guest khotkunal

Hello Ulaganayagan,

I do not think that the State Sponsorship team and DIAC have any direct contact. It is upto DIAC to see whether the work exp. of applicant is same as his nominated occupation or not. But still nothing concrete has been done about this since the rules changed from 1st Jan.

Thanks and regards

KK...

Archived